The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Priests - Page 7 Mm11

The Priests - Page 7 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Priests - Page 7 Mm11

The Priests - Page 7 Regist10

The Priests

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Priests - Page 7 Empty Re: The Priests

Post by Angelique 22.07.15 11:15

So is there connection/relationship other than religion between these people?

Is it just "any religion" will do in an emotional situation?

Why the different names, Father and Priest? 

Anglican and Catholic mix.

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 22.07.15 11:19

Angelique wrote:So is there connection/relationship other than religion between these people?

Not any religion will do...Father Pacheco was withdrawn pretty sharpish I believe.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

The Priests - Page 7 Empty Father Hubbard,Neal

Post by willowthewisp 22.07.15 11:21

Hi Nina,
I would hazard a guess that as long as you were of a Christian belief that A Vicar or Priest would offer thoughts of Prayer for any discomfort you were feeling at the time of your needs!
The timelines and what people claim happened in the Early hours of 4 May 2007 was a very busy period,
GNR left at 04.00am, was the priest present then?
GMc and DP went searching at first light 05.00am for Madeleine, at the beach?
RO,JT? met RM 08.30am outside JM villa, IF JT was present, was this the first time she had seen the abductor or was it the previous night as she claimed to the PJ?
Businessman see's a man/ couple carrying a child 06.00am, a friend of the Family,MW informed by the proprietors daughter when he went for Pizza's, why didn't he inform the PJ of this fact?
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Activity : 4912

Back to top Go down

Post by Nereid 22.07.15 11:24

Richard IV wrote:

BTW why has his wife got a ping-pong ball on her head ?

It's a Christmas hat.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Nereid

Activity : 327

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 22.07.15 11:31

willowthewisp wrote:Hi Nina,
I would hazard a guess that as long as you were of a Christian belief that A Vicar or Priest would offer thoughts of Prayer for any discomfort you were feeling at the time of your needs!
The timelines and what people claim happened in the Early hours of 4 May 2007 was a very busy period,
GNR left at 04.00am, was the priest present then?
GMc and DP went searching at first light 05.00am for Madeleine, at the beach?
RO,JT? met RM 08.30am outside JM villa, IF JT was present, was this the first time she had seen the abductor or was it the previous night as she claimed to the PJ?
Businessman see's a man/ couple carrying a child 06.00am, a friend of the Family,MW informed by the proprietors daughter when he went for Pizza's, why didn't he inform the PJ of this fact?
Yes I agree willowthewisp re thoughts/prayers at a time of need.
Whilst living in Spain I was hospitalized a couple of times and the visiting priest did bless me though I am non Catholic I still felt comforted by it.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by The Slave 22.07.15 12:01

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Father Hubbard. Not only the weirdest priest I've ever heard but adead ringer for Ma Healy.
The Slave
The Slave

Activity : 129

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkier 22.07.15 12:23

Angelique wrote:So is there connection/relationship other than religion between these people?

Seems rather strange to me that Father Pacheco who was local and therefore very close by, did not attend in their hour of need. I have friends who are catholic, they would only ever want a catholic priest to attend in a situation such as this. Absolutely nothing is straight forward when it comes to these two!
tinkier
tinkier

Activity : 411

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkier 22.07.15 12:31

The Slave wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Father Hubbard. Not only the weirdest priest I've ever heard but adead ringer for Ma Healy.
A very inappropriate chuckle at 2.05.
tinkier
tinkier

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkier 22.07.15 13:00

Nereid wrote:
Richard IV wrote:

It's a Christmas hat.

big grin Richard IV…..It certainly does look like that from a distance. Made me lol.
tinkier
tinkier

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 22.07.15 13:50

tinkier wrote:
The Slave wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A very inappropriate chuckle at 2.05.
I watched the whole video with the sound turned off, very agitated imo. I bet his sermons are very convincing.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus T 22.07.15 14:04

Seems Rev. Heal was the locum until Hubbard arrived.

By: Margaret [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] IS MORE than 10 years since Bible Study classes were started by the Reverend David Heal when he was Assistant Chaplain to St. Vincent’s in Luz.These were held in a small apartment overlooking the Bay and were well attended. Being a Christian by association rather than conviction and having been married in church, it seemed as good a time as any to investigate further.My knowledge was minimal and I had an attitude problem brought on by ignorance. The rest of the students were ahead of me, felt comfortable reading from the Bible and easy when discussing the contents: one lesson was enough and I decided not to go again. But I did and began to seek answers to questions I had been afraid to ask. The skies didn’t fall in, civilised discussions followed and there was laughter, explanations, and the discovery that other people were beset by doubt from time to time.Priests have come and gone but each has given us unique and slightly different teachings on both Old and New Testaments. Some in our group were lifetime Christians, a few were looking for a little of what the others had that gave them peace and serenity, and one or two knew everything in the nicest possible way.Having come full circle with the return of the Reverend David and Pam his wife, who are here as Locum for a month, once again we are on a path of discovery: travelling with gratitude and hope after the life changing sorrows and joys of Easter. In 50 days we shall be celebrating Pentecost, the descent of the Holy Spirit upon Christ’s apostles and the founding of the Christian Church. There is much to learn.Bible Study at 11am in Luz, call 282 788 361 for directions.
Rufus T
Rufus T

Activity : 312

Back to top Go down

Post by The Slave 22.07.15 14:23

Hubbard is up to his neck in this farce. 
The more I see and hear from him the more convinced I become that he is family. ( Born in Norfolk ...to whom)
I intend to find out more about this strange priest.
He's so like Ma Healy I find it fascinating.
The Slave
The Slave

Activity : 129

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard IV 22.07.15 14:25

Rufus T wrote:Seems Rev. Heal was the locum until Hubbard arrived.

By: Margaret [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] IS MORE than 10 years since Bible Study classes were started by the Reverend David Heal when he was Assistant Chaplain to St. Vincent’s in Luz.These were held in a small apartment overlooking the Bay and were well attended. Being a Christian by association rather than conviction and having been married in church, it seemed as good a time as any to investigate further.My knowledge was minimal and I had an attitude problem brought on by ignorance. The rest of the students were ahead of me, felt comfortable reading from the Bible and easy when discussing the contents: one lesson was enough and I decided not to go again. But I did and began to seek answers to questions I had been afraid to ask. The skies didn’t fall in, civilised discussions followed and there was laughter, explanations, and the discovery that other people were beset by doubt from time to time.Priests have come and gone but each has given us unique and slightly different teachings on both Old and New Testaments. Some in our group were lifetime Christians, a few were looking for a little of what the others had that gave them peace and serenity, and one or two knew everything in the nicest possible way.Having come full circle with the return of the Reverend David and Pam his wife, who are here as Locum for a month, once again we are on a path of discovery: travelling with gratitude and hope after the life changing sorrows and joys of Easter. In 50 days we shall be celebrating Pentecost, the descent of the Holy Spirit upon Christ’s apostles and the founding of the Christian Church. There is much to learn.Bible Study at 11am in Luz, call 282 788 361 for directions.

Seems straight forward to me.  He was Assistant Chaplain there 10 years ago (he being then aged 62 according to Ancestry b.1935).  Came back to PdL in April 2007 out of retirement to act as locum for a month when he was 72 (which looks about right according to his photo).
Richard IV
Richard IV

Activity : 825

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard IV 22.07.15 16:06

The Slave wrote:Hubbard is up to his neck in this farce. 
The more I see and hear from him the more convinced I become that he is family. ( Born in Norfolk ...to whom)
b. 1968 Wayland Norfolk to Rbt and Bridget Hubbard (I believe Rbt lives in Brandon now and is probably retired B.1946) and is interested in photography.  Wayland is about 10 miles away from Dereham where RM lived but RM is 5 years older than HQH.  RM returned to Norfolk in his late teens I believe and worked as a car salesman and at Bernard Matthews turkey farm in Norwich.  They could have known each other I suppose if they interests in common.  Don`t know when HQH moved to Canada.
Richard IV
Richard IV

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 22.07.15 17:44

tinkier wrote:
Richard IV wrote:@Monkeymind (anyone heard from him recently?)  "So the question is, if the priest David Heal visits the McCanns on the night of the 3rd or early hours of the 4th, how does his phone number appear on O’Brien’s phone AFTER Murat’s??? "

@ Probably because it was listed under `P` for Priest David which alphabetically comes after M for Murat.

Its good to go back over things.  The distance of time creates a whole different perspective. 

What I`ve always found unbelievable is the fact that the Liverpudlian priest dropped everything in his patch and flew to another country when Maddie could have turned up any time.

Textusa is right.  I can`t find anything about Reverend David Heal either, only that he and his wife are living in Wales now according to 192.

Forgive me if this sounds like a stupid question. If David Heal is an Anglican Priest (i presume he is if thats a picture of his wife) why would the Mc's as catholics (devout as they want everyone to believe) call in a non catholic priest? Hubbard isn't a catholic priest either.

First of all I think that in cases like this religion is serving as a shield, not a comfort. A shield that says: I'm a good catholic girl, I wouldn't do anything bad. There are rosaries everywhere, in the first week they probably visited more church services than in their whole life before. 

The reason they turned to the Anglican priests? The catholic church is the only church that does confessions. I assume that the catholic church there is the same as here in South US/North Mexico: you cannot go to communion unless you confessed. Maybe they just had enough decency to not lie in a confession, and avoided the whole thing by going to the Anglican services and turning to the Anglican priests.

But then I doubt they have a decent bone in their body.

lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkier 22.07.15 18:18

lj wrote:
tinkier wrote:
Richard IV wrote:@Monkeymind (anyone heard from him recently?)  "So the question is, if the priest David Heal visits the McCanns on the night of the 3rd or early hours of the 4th, how does his phone number appear on O’Brien’s phone AFTER Murat’s??? "

@ Probably because it was listed under `P` for Priest David which alphabetically comes after M for Murat.

Its good to go back over things.  The distance of time creates a whole different perspective. 

What I`ve always found unbelievable is the fact that the Liverpudlian priest dropped everything in his patch and flew to another country when Maddie could have turned up any time.

Textusa is right.  I can`t find anything about Reverend David Heal either, only that he and his wife are living in Wales now according to 192.

Forgive me if this sounds like a stupid question. If David Heal is an Anglican Priest (i presume he is if thats a picture of his wife) why would the Mc's as catholics (devout as they want everyone to believe) call in a non catholic priest? Hubbard isn't a catholic priest either.

First of all I think that in cases like this religion is serving as a shield, not a comfort. A shield that says: I'm a good catholic girl, I wouldn't do anything bad. There are rosaries everywhere, in the first week they probably visited more church services than in their whole life before. 

The reason they turned to the Anglican priests? The catholic church is the only church that does confessions. I assume that the catholic church there is the same as here in South US/North Mexico: you cannot go to communion unless you confessed. Maybe they just had enough decency to not lie in a confession, and avoided the whole thing by going to the Anglican services and turning to the Anglican priests.

But then I doubt they have a decent bone in their body.
lj……Very well said. Everything used for their convenience, then discarded when no longer required.
tinkier
tinkier

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard IV 22.07.15 18:55

@ lj  "The reason they turned to the Anglican priests? The catholic church is the only church that does confessions. I assume that the catholic church there is the same as here in South US/North Mexico: you cannot go to communion unless you confessed. Maybe they just had enough decency to not lie in a confession, and avoided the whole thing by going to the Anglican services and turning to the Anglican priests.

You could be right, especially as Father Pacheco never heard their confessions, supposedly because they only spoke English but going from his statement, he seems to have communicated well enough with them at other times.  Could that have been why he felt so deceived by them.

Richard IV
Richard IV

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 23.07.15 10:55

There's more on the Rev. Hubbard here:  https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t4853p10-interview-with-father-haynes-hubbard-5-year-on?highlight=hubbard

Just a note re Monkeymind's post:  why would ROB have those phone numbers on his phone at all? I think it was established that Murat's number was taken down by  him quite early on the 4th?  ROB behaved throughout as a somewhat unwilling personal assistant imo.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket 23.07.15 13:04

@Richard IV

It actually states in the PJ files that RM was born in 1973 so he would actually appear to be 5 years younger than HH, not the other way round.

I've always thought that Susan Hubbard looks a good deal older than her husband (10 years) - probably irrelevant.

Also, found a reference to an Andrew Hubbard (and wife) owning a flat for rent in the Ocean Club complex from at least 2006 onwards. Might be a connection, or not.

Copied this over from the Maddie Case Files. Looks like Haynes Hubbard was in Canada when he was 18 (Uni). Was he definitley from the UK originally? Also interesting is that all references I've found to him made by the Anglican hierarchy refer to him as 'Reverend' and not 'Father'.

JillyCL
 Post subject: [Haynes Hubbard] Appointments & Announcements. 01-03-12
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:19 pm 

Anglican Diocese of Ontario

[Haynes Hubbard] Appointments & Announcements

The Rev’d. Haynes Hubbard has been appointed as Incumbent of the Parish of St. Mark’s, Barriefield effective July 1st, 2012. Haynes received his Bachelor of Arts at the University of Kings College, Dalhousie University in 1989 and his Master of Divinity at Wycliffe College in 1995. Prior to ordination, Haynes participated in a short term mission in Honduras with the South American Missionary Society and then as a Student in Charge of Churches in the Diocese of Yukon. He was Assistant Curate in Elora, in the Diocese of Niagara and Incumbent of St. Paul’s Church in Dunnville before accepting the position of Senior Chaplain of St. Vincent’s Anglican Chaplaincy in the Algarve, Portugal. Haynes is married to Susan who is a professional midwife and they have three children, Sebastian, Gabriella and Caspian.
skyrocket
skyrocket

Activity : 1537

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 23.07.15 13:24

skyrocket wrote:@Richard IV

It actually states in the PJ files that RM was born in 1973 so he would actually appear to be 5 years younger than HH, not the other way round.

I've always thought that Susan Hubbard looks a good deal older than her husband (10 years) - probably irrelevant.

Also, found a reference to an Andrew Hubbard (and wife) owning a flat for rent in the Ocean Club complex from at least 2006 onwards. Might be a connection, or not.

Copied this over from the Maddie Case Files. Looks like Haynes Hubbard was in Canada when he was 18 (Uni). Was he definitley from the UK originally? Also interesting is that all references I've found to him made by the Anglican hierarchy refer to him as 'Reverend' and not 'Father'.

JillyCL
 Post subject: [Haynes Hubbard] Appointments & Announcements. 01-03-12
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:19 pm 

Anglican Diocese of Ontario

[Haynes Hubbard] Appointments & Announcements

The Rev’d. Haynes Hubbard has been appointed as Incumbent of the Parish of St. Mark’s, Barriefield effective July 1st, 2012. Haynes received his Bachelor of Arts at the University of Kings College, Dalhousie University in 1989 and his Master of Divinity at Wycliffe College in 1995. Prior to ordination, Haynes participated in a short term mission in Honduras with the South American Missionary Society and then as a Student in Charge of Churches in the Diocese of Yukon. He was Assistant Curate in Elora, in the Diocese of Niagara and Incumbent of St. Paul’s Church in Dunnville before accepting the position of Senior Chaplain of St. Vincent’s Anglican Chaplaincy in the Algarve, Portugal. Haynes is married to Susan who is a professional midwife and they have three children, Sebastian, Gabriella and Caspian.
Haynes Q Hubbard was registered in the third quarter of 1968, in Wayland, Norfolk. His mother's maiden name is Reeve. However, A Hubbard and a Reeve married in Wayland, Norfolk in 1969. Are these HQ Hubbard's parents?
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 23.07.15 13:26

Richard IV wrote:
b. 1968 Wayland Norfolk to Rbt and Bridget Hubbard (I believe Rbt lives in Brandon now and is probably retired B.1946) and is interested in photography.  Wayland is about 10 miles away from Dereham where RM lived but RM is 5 years older than HQH.  RM returned to Norfolk in his late teens I believe and worked as a car salesman and at Bernard Matthews turkey farm in Norwich.  They could have known each other I suppose if they interests in common.  Don`t know when HQH moved to Canada.

Opps! I hadn't read this post before I posted mine. Appols.

Edited to add that Rbt and Bridget married in 1969, not 1968. Haynes Q Hubbard was born in 1968
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard IV 23.07.15 16:34

sallypelt wrote:
Richard IV wrote:

Edited to add that Rbt and Bridget married in 1969, not 1968. Haynes Q Hubbard was born in 1968
oo ..er

Can`t find when moved to Canada as my subscription to Ancestry isn`t worldwide.

He graduated from Amherst Regional High School in Nova Scotia in 1985 (aged 16/17). 
Graduated from University of Kings College, Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1989 with a BA in Classics. 
Graduated from Wycliffe College, Toronto in 1995 with postgraduate Master of Divinity. (Facebook)

"Prior to ordination, Haynes participated in a short term mission in Honduras with the South American Missionary Society and then as a Student in Charge of Churches in the Diocese of Yukon. He was Assistant Curate in Elora, in the Diocese of Niagara and Incumbent of St. Paul’s Church in Dunnville before accepting the position of Senior Chaplain of St. Vincent’s Anglican Chaplaincy in the Algarve, Portugal. Haynes is married to Susan who is a professional midwife and they have three children, Sebastian, Gabriella and Caspian. " @ JillyCL

May 2007 `Started working at Diocese of Europe` Senior Chaplain of St. Vincent's Church of England Chaplaincy, Algarve, Portugal (Facebook)

Got married 4th July 2008 (Facebook)

1st July 2012 - present Rector of St. Marks Church, Barriefield, Kingston, Ontario..(St Marks website)
Richard IV
Richard IV

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 23.07.15 17:12

sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 23.07.15 17:20

Richard IV wrote:
sallypelt wrote:
Richard IV wrote:

oo ..er

Can`t find when moved to Canada as my subscription to Ancestry isn`t worldwide.

He graduated from Amherst Regional High School in Nova Scotia in 1985 (aged 16/17). 
Graduated from University of Kings College, Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1989 with a BA in Classics. 
Graduated from Wycliffe College, Toronto in 1995 with postgraduate Master of Divinity. (Facebook)

"Prior to ordination, Haynes participated in a short term mission in Honduras with the South American Missionary Society and then as a Student in Charge of Churches in the Diocese of Yukon. He was Assistant Curate in Elora, in the Diocese of Niagara and Incumbent of St. Paul’s Church in Dunnville before accepting the position of Senior Chaplain of St. Vincent’s Anglican Chaplaincy in the Algarve, Portugal. Haynes is married to Susan who is a professional midwife and they have three children, Sebastian, Gabriella and Caspian. " @ JillyCL

May 2007 `Started working at Diocese of Europe` Senior Chaplain of St. Vincent's Church of England Chaplaincy, Algarve, Portugal (Facebook)

Got married 4th July 2008 (Facebook)

1st July 2012 - present Rector of St. Marks Church, Barriefield, Kingston, Ontario..(St Marks website)

You say that Haynes Hubbard got married in 2008, yet on the link I have provided above, where he's giving an interview in April 2008, HQH says that he has "young children". I know that things have changed and marriages don't necessarily precede children, but he's a religious man. Would he have children before he married? Answers on a postcard please spin
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket 23.07.15 17:37

Just found this re: HQH - he was married before 6 Oct 1997.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]:

INSIGHT: WYCLIFFE COLLEGE

December 1997, No. 43, Online Edition

Alumni/ae News

Rev. Haynes Hubbard, W95, and his wife Sue are now the proud parents of Sebastian Aidan Haynes Hubbard, born October 6, 1997.
skyrocket
skyrocket

Activity : 1537

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top