The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

The Priests

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Priests

Post by Ross on 23.05.12 14:28

@sami wrote: The Catholic Church is not all it appears to be.

If anyone wants to start discovering a dark path in this regard, Svali's testimony is a good place to begin. She claims to be from a bloodline family and was inducted at a ceremony in the Vatican where a child sacrifice took place. You can read about it here.

I offer no opinion on the veracity or otherwise of these allegations. I would say do not believe them because they have been made, but equally do not just dismiss them because the idea is so far away from what we have been brought up to believe. Keep an open mind in other words. This is by no means the only example of allegations of this nature being made.

Buddha

Ross

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hummingbird on 23.05.12 14:41

@Ross wrote:
@sami wrote: The Catholic Church is not all it appears to be.

If anyone wants to start discovering a dark path in this regard, Svali's testimony is a good place to begin. She claims to be from a bloodline family and was inducted at a ceremony in the Vatican where a child sacrifice took place. You can read about it here.

I offer no opinion on the veracity or otherwise of these allegations. I would say do not believe them because they have been made, but equally do not just dismiss them because the idea is so far away from what we have been brought up to believe. Keep an open mind in other words. This is by no means the only example of allegations of this nature being made.

Yes very disturbing and reminds me of the story in the Daily Mail yesterday out the 12 year old murdered by the Mafia who was apparently used for sex parties at the Vatican - how sick can this get?

Hummingbird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 23.05.12 14:45

So do we now suspect the Priest in PdL ?
And if not, why not ?

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ross on 23.05.12 14:55

@Tony Bennett wrote:First of all, let's deal with the 'strange bowing down ritual' referred to here. Here are three descriptions of it, the first two are of the same event, in front of the GNR officers, and the third is of the same strange ritual occurring in their master bedroom:

DESCRIPTION 1 (RECEPTION)

After she arrived about 23.00 S.B. went immediately to the apartment A5 where she found several people inside the apartment and outside of it. She entered in the flat but soon left without having spoken with anyone, because she was informed that elements of the GNR were in the principal reception. She went there to meet them. When she came close to the elements of the GNR she found that behind her was Gerry, Madeleine's father, accompanied by another man whose identity she doesn't remember. Then Gerry kneeled down, hit the floor with both hands, positioning himself as if he were a praying Arab, and screamed twice of anger, what he said being impossible to understand. Then Gerry stand up and accompanied her (the witness) and the other man in the car of the GNR to the apartment A5.

DESCRIPTION 2 (RECEPTION)

23.00/23.05 pm - A GNR patrol arrives at Ocean Club (two men); When they arrived they saw the girl’s father, a friend whom GNR Officer N. F. P. d. C. describes as tall and blond, an OC employee and a translator who was also an OC employee, named S.B.. He found it notable that when they were still at the main reception, the father kneeled down, laying his head on the ground and crying, at the same time as making an expression which GNR Officer N. F. P. d. C. did not understand.

DESCRIPTION 3 (MASTER BEDROOM)

After the search, GNR Officer J. M. B. R. noticed a situation that seemed unusual to him, when at a determined moment, the girl’s parents kneeled down on the floor of their bedroom and placed their heads on the bed, crying. He did not notice any comments or expression from them, just crying. He says that at the main reception the father also knelt down, placing his head on the floor and crying. He did not hear the father say anything.

Comment: It is certainly worthy of note that this strange Muslim-like ritual was performed just twice, and on each occasion it was not just in front of anybody, but in front of police officers. The reason why this has been thought to be Masonic is that there is in a nineteenth century collection of Masonic sighs, signals and symbols, a description of a bizarre ritual just like the one described by these three witnesses, and is described as a signal to be used by Masons 'in situations of extreme distress'. Any brother Mason who witnesses the extreme distress signal is then honour bound, indeed required, to render every possible assistance. It has been speculated that Dr Gerald McCann may have performed this strange ritual (twice) in the hope that at least one of the G.N.R. officers was a brother Mason, and would be willing to help him. Having said this, there is absolutely no evidence that Dr Gerald McCann is a freemason or a member of any Masonic lodge. One of the Find Madeleine Fund's Trustees, however, Michael Linnett, is a senior member of the Catenians, a very influential Catholic group whioch some have called 'the Catholic freemasonic society.

I have commented on this here before, but I am unconvinced by the masonic link to this bizarre behaviour. Firstly, just from a common sense perspective, a secret signal would need to be discreet so that any non-initiate present would not notice - kneeling down and wailing is anything but discreet. I wouldn't claim to be an expert on masonic symbolism, but I did have a friend who became quite obsessed with it all for a while. The one distress gesture I can remember from his research was the right arm laid diagonally across the chest, with the open palm on the left breast, with the head turned to look along the right shoulder. Such a gesture could pass unnoticed to the uninitiated while communicating to the initiate.

I am also wary of linking McCann to the masons. He is a consultant, and rapid promotion within the British medical establishment is suggestive as the BMA is a very heavily masonic controlled organisation. However, I think the notorious 'wider agenda' picture was fed to us to imply a masonic connection, some misdirection. Bluff, or double-bluff?

My view (which is subject to change in light of any new understanding) is that whatever forces are working here are deeper and darker than simple masonic favours being swapped, and that the introduction of the brotherhood meme is a red herring.

Buddha

Ross

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ross on 23.05.12 14:58

@PeterMac wrote:So do we now suspect the Priest in PdL ?
And if not, why not ?

The church does seem to be a central location in the narrative certainly.

Buddha

Ross

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl on 23.05.12 17:34

@Ross wrote:
I have commented on this here before, but I am unconvinced by the masonic link to this bizarre behaviour. Firstly, just from a common sense perspective, a secret signal would need to be discreet so that any non-initiate present would not notice - kneeling down and wailing is anything but discreet. I wouldn't claim to be an expert on masonic symbolism, but I did have a friend who became quite obsessed with it all for a while. The one distress gesture I can remember from his research was the right arm laid diagonally across the chest, with the open palm on the left breast, with the head turned to look along the right shoulder. Such a gesture could pass unnoticed to the uninitiated while communicating to the initiate.

I am also wary of linking McCann to the masons. He is a consultant, and rapid promotion within the British medical establishment is suggestive as the BMA is a very heavily masonic controlled organisation. However, I think the notorious 'wider agenda' picture was fed to us to imply a masonic connection, some misdirection. Bluff, or double-bluff?

My view (which is subject to change in light of any new understanding) is that whatever forces are working here are deeper and darker than simple masonic favours being swapped, and that the introduction of the brotherhood meme is a red herring.
For any secret sign to have any meaning, it requires a sender and a targeted recipient, and a mutually recognisable, discreet means of communication between them. In this case, the McCanns were making a very public scene, not directed at anyone in particular. I am therefore unconvinced that their strange behaviour had any masonic significance. Whether they were helped later on by their masonic connections is another topic for debate. And as to the true significance of their synchronised wailing, I remain totally mystified.

Ribisl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

suddenly a need for a priest.....?

Post by butterfly23 on 23.09.12 2:23

very strange that at time of their daughter's unexplained disappearance one of the 1st things the mccanns do is seek a priest- if they didnt believe she was dead...why the need for a priest..? was there not a search for her going on- should they not be needing to talk to police etc at this time ? especially weird that they needed a priest- and keys to the church- when it seems that before this they were not known to be particularly religious !!! perhaps after their daughter was missing for a while they may turn to religion- but not within an hour or 2 -when at any moment she may turn up alive and well around the corner !!! the need to get access to the church, so soon, is very suspicious !!!

butterfly23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 23.09.12 7:29

@butterfly23 wrote:very strange that at time of their daughter's unexplained disappearance one of the 1st things the mccanns do is seek a priest- if they didnt believe she was dead...why the need for a priest..? was there not a search for her going on- should they not be needing to talk to police etc at this time ? especially weird that they needed a priest- and keys to the church- when it seems that before this they were not known to be particularly religious !!! perhaps after their daughter was missing for a while they may turn to religion- but not within an hour or 2 -when at any moment she may turn up alive and well around the corner !!! the need to get access to the church, so soon, is very suspicious !!!

Yes this was backed up by Kate's mother, although when the priest who baptised Maddie was called and flew out to support the McCanns, I wondered about that if they were not that Godly. He could have just been known to them as a friend. If they went to church every week, I don't think Kate's mother would have said they weren't religious, she would have said that the church was supporting them as they were an active part of the congregation or something along those lines.

IMO, because in a Catholic country, the Padre's are respected very much, especially by the older people, they sought to use the church to hide behind "look at us, we're so religious and good we couldn't possibly do wrong" etc. And they used it to great effect, special services were held, they pulled on the heartstrings of the locals at first.

They sought to be in total control from the outset, rather than be out searching for Maddie the night she allegedly disappeared, they were phoning everyone and anyone they could think of who could be of help/influence (oh and Gerry managed to sleep for an hour wft ), Kate admitted in her book about setting up cheesy photoshoots and controlling the media and so forth.

They set up their "public personas" from the first moment, and there were plenty of people who fell for the BS. But plenty didn't, certainly the police were at first confused by their weird behaviour, and increasingly got peed off with the whole lot of them. Those phone calls made on the night of the 3rd, effectively meant a "clean" investigation could never take place IMO. The minute the lie about the shutters was spread (even though it was later proved to be a load of hogwash by forensics) enough people thought an abduction had taken place to give breathing room for the development of fine tuning the "story" and for excuses and counter claims to be invented IMO.

The priests were just sorry little pawns in a game IMO.

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 23.09.12 8:56

One headline ran (OP I think or could have been one of the tabloids) Kate: ...persecuted for her religious beliefs...

One the night of the 3rd/4th she rang a friend in the UK around 3 or 4 a.m. to organise a world-wide prayer marathon or some such thing.

The religion card was played right from the start. Yet she didn't go to mass on Sunday the 29th.
Asking where the church was on that same night, so that they could pray also 'proved' that they didn't know PdL at all. Not at all you understand, mr. policeman? Even though they'd been seen at Chaplins right next to it. Well it's only a small church, easy to miss.
I am firmly of the opinion that they'd been to PdL at least once before.

However, the Hubbards arriving so usefully and so quickly. It would be interesting to find out how long in advance this was planned, since I think that Father Hubbard came alone first and SH later. (unusual title for a rector/vicar unless it's high church or to appease both Anglican and catholic churchgoers for the press).

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.09.12 9:10

@tigger wrote: [...]
However, the Hubbards arriving so usefully and so quickly. It would be interesting to find out how long in advance this was planned, since I think that Father Hubbard came alone first and SH later. (unusual title for a rector/vicar unless it's high church or to appease both Anglican and catholic churchgoers for the press).
IIRC Father Hubbard has been in PdL alone temporarily, then back to Canada and then to PdL again with his family just after Madeleine's disappearance.

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 23.09.12 10:21

I believe Kate wanted a Priest in the apartment as a sort of blessing for Madeleine. I would not be surprised if she asked him to bless Madeleine's blanket, that was on her bed, and has since disappeared from what I can see. Kate would then have laid Madeleine to rest with the blanket. Just my opinion.

Catholics will call a priest when somebody is very close to death. Last Rites, a blessing to send you on your way and absolve you of your sins, if you have not had time to repent. I think it is also called the Annointing of the Sick. It is one of the sacrements of the Catholic religion, so very important, and separate to anything that happens at a funeral. Indeed, if you were going to have a serious, life threatening operation you could call a priest to annoint you.

Obviously, Madeleine was not physically there to be annointed, but I guess Kate wanted some form of a blessing for Madeleine.

I do not believe she was a practicing Catholic or overly religious and agree she was not looking for a Priest for "comfort" so soon after the disappearance. I do believe though that, as with many who were raised in the Catholic faith but not necessarily practicing, in times of trouble she would have wanted a blessing for Madeleine, hence the request.

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 23.09.12 10:33

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:[. . .]
As was the Pope !

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.09.12 10:35

I agree with Sami, even if you're a McCann, the only reason you call for a priest is for a dying person or a dead person. I think it was a huge mistake but like the abduction story they bounced back with the Vatican opportunity.

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 23.09.12 11:18

@PeterMac wrote:
@Smokeandmirrors wrote:[. . .]
As was the Pope !

The Pope was a good marketing ploy, as McCann would say. Look, the Pope believes us, you cannot get better than that ! Next best thing to himself up above giving them the thumbs up.

Still I think the request for a priest on that Thursday night was heartfelt. The whole devout Catholic image came into being, by that one request. They had to justify wanting a priest in such circumstances. Even devout Catholics would most likely not have wanted a priest at that exact point in time, to me he would have been like a bad omen. Pray by all means, but the physical presence of a priest is bad news, when circumstances are tragic. Of course, the obvious thing to do is search for the child first, whether you are religious or not, but thats the other story.

I have probably said this before, but where I live if you enquire after somebody who is ill, if you get the response "they have called the priest", then enough said. It is bad news, that person has died or is almost certainly very close to death. Nobody will say oh he is nearly gone, to say they have called the priest is enough and it is message understood.

It is a hard thing to put into words, but you pray in times of trouble, perhaps ask a priest and others to pray on your behalf. But to call for the physical presence of a priest signifies bad news. Had he called around to help, uninvited, that is a very different thing.

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 05.09.13 7:16

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t3158p50-st-vincents-algarve?highlight=Solent+wallet

A lot of interesting information here - I didn't know that the girl who was to play Madeleine in the 2009 documentary was the daughter of Hubbard.
A list of the documentaries and when they were made and aired would be a useful topic. Imo most if not all were full of - let's say inaccuracies.
I know there was talk of one in 2008 for which they were paid. Negotiations started around January 2008.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 21.07.15 11:07

@monkey mind wrote:
@jd wrote:The priest that is most interesting is Father David Heal (together with multi millionaire John Geraghty). He visited kate for 3 hours which I believe was between 4am and 7am, seems to be behind the church keys being given to the mccanns. Russell O'Brien has Father David Heal's mobile number on his phone, which according to O'Brien he was given it on the morning of the 4th.

JD,
What makes you think that Father David Heal visited the McCanns between 4am and 7am on the morning of the 4th? This could be rather important and I’ll explain why.

Interestingly, in the Textusa article which you linked to, they seem to conclude that he and his wife visited even earlier, late on the 3rd to early hours on the 4th. But in that article it also says the following....

“Russell O’Brian, in his rogatory interview, refers to David Priest -a comma between the words is required- and explains why David’s number, beginning 914, is on his mobile phone, immediately after that of Robert Murat.”

Now according to the Tapas bunch they didn’t know Murat (we don’t know if this is so for GM as he declined to comment when asked this question), and Murat himself denies being anywhere near the OC on the night of the 3rd. In fact according to him he only appeard on the scene on the 4th (not sure what time off the top of my head) when he offers to interpret for the police.

So the question is, if the priest David Heal visits the McCanns on the night of the 3rd or early hours of the 4th, how does his phone number appear on O’Brien’s phone AFTER Murat’s???

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/1may7/first-19-05-07.htm (father David Heal)
and: 
http://textusa.blogspot.co.uk/2010/12/holy-trinity.html

The article below which Textusa refers to was published on the 19th May 2007. 

The following article in First Magazine (with thanks to Pamalan’s site) throws a very interesting spotlight on the involvement of David Heal“With every squeeze of her daughter’s Cuddle Cat, anguished motherKate McCann willed her little daughter home. Priest’s wife, Pam Heal helped Kate and Gerry through the early, terrifying hours of Madeleine’s disappearance…. “Someone’s taken Madeleine, someone’s takenMadeleine” she wailed over and over again, said PamKate kept playing with the toy. She said Madeleinehad definitely been taken from them because she would never go anywhere without her favourite toy. The night Madeleine disappeared, Kate and Gerry telephoned the local Anglican priestFather David Heal, asking him to visit them at their apartment…..When he arrived with his wife, 38 year old Kate threw herself into the priest’s arms as she broke down. It took him 3 hours to comfort Kate.” 
unquote

I don't think that bit appeared in the book, does anyone know if this Father Heal features in it?  He isn't even mentioned when the Hubbards arrive on the 6th of May although the congregation is mentioned.. surely he can't have been that bad? Looks as if he got up in the middle of the night to put on his dog collar and rush to the aid of the McCanns. 

There's an earlier query on the arrival of the Rev. Hubbard here - he did arrive with his family, not on his own to prepare the way so to speak. But there are several topics on all things Hubbard - didn't Goncalo Amaral say that the priests staged everything?  

REV HAYNES HUBBARD AND SUSAN HUBBARD
FATHER HAYNES HUBBARD AND SUSAN HUBBARD
Anglican priest at church of Nossa Senhora da Luz (Our Lady of the Light) in Praia da Luz and his wife, Susan, have become close friends and confidants of McCanns. Members of St. Vincent's Anglican Church welcomed the Rev. Haynes Hubbard on May 6th when he arrived at Faro Airport after a 20 hour journey from his native Canada with his family and pet cat. Rev Haynes Hubbard was born in Norfolk and his wife Susan speaks Portuguese and Spanish.

(From source above, thanks to Pamalan)

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 21.07.15 11:47

Meanwhile, desperate for God’s intervention, for ourselves and for Madeleine, I asked the resort staff if they might be able to find a priest to come and pray with us and support us. I think they tried, but either they couldn’t contact anyone or there was no priest available, so I carried on praying on my own. The pain, terror and the suffocating helplessness I felt are indescribable. There just aren’t the words to adequately convey such torment. Just after 2am, I spoke to my friend Father Paul Seddon, the priest who had married Gerry and me and baptized Madeleine. He offered me words of comfort and then prayed for our little girl.

And it worked ! ! !

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 21.07.15 11:59

@PeterMac wrote:
Meanwhile, desperate for God’s intervention, for ourselves and for Madeleine, I asked the resort staff if they might be able to find a priest to come and pray with us and support us. I think they tried, but either they couldn’t contact anyone or there was no priest available, so I carried on praying on my own. The pain, terror and the suffocating helplessness I felt are indescribable. There just aren’t the words to adequately convey such torment. Just after 2am, I spoke to my friend Father Paul Seddon, the priest who had married Gerry and me and baptized Madeleine. He offered me words of comfort and then prayed for our little girl.

And it worked ! ! !
So the bit about Kate flying into his bearded embrace and being comforted for three hours (I love that bit of detail - did the Rev. keep records of comforting time spent?) must have happened at a later date. Not much later though, since he was fully eclipsed by Hubbard as from the 6th.
file://localhost/Users/afmeijer/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Masters/2015/07/21/20150721-130130/David-Healchristmas89.jpg

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 21.07.15 12:03

@PeterMac wrote:

And it worked ! ! !
So the bit about Kate flying into his bearded embrace and being comforted for three hours (I love that bit of detail - did the Rev. keep records of comforting time spent?) must have happened at a later date. Not much later though, since he was fully eclipsed by Hubbard as from the 6th.

Father David Heal 

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard IV on 21.07.15 23:36

@Monkeymind (anyone heard from him recently?)  "So the question is, if the priest David Heal visits the McCanns on the night of the 3rd or early hours of the 4th, how does his phone number appear on O’Brien’s phone AFTER Murat’s??? "

@ Probably because it was listed under `P` for Priest David which alphabetically comes after M for Murat.

Its good to go back over things.  The distance of time creates a whole different perspective. 

What I`ve always found unbelievable is the fact that the Liverpudlian priest dropped everything in his patch and flew to another country when Maddie could have turned up any time.

Textusa is right.  I can`t find anything about Reverend David Heal either, only that he and his wife are living in Wales now according to 192.

BTW why has his wife got a ping-pong ball on her head ?

Richard IV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkier on 21.07.15 23:57

@Richard IV wrote:@Monkeymind (anyone heard from him recently?)  "So the question is, if the priest David Heal visits the McCanns on the night of the 3rd or early hours of the 4th, how does his phone number appear on O’Brien’s phone AFTER Murat’s??? "

@ Probably because it was listed under `P` for Priest David which alphabetically comes after M for Murat.

Its good to go back over things.  The distance of time creates a whole different perspective. 

What I`ve always found unbelievable is the fact that the Liverpudlian priest dropped everything in his patch and flew to another country when Maddie could have turned up any time.

Textusa is right.  I can`t find anything about Reverend David Heal either, only that he and his wife are living in Wales now according to 192.

Forgive me if this sounds like a stupid question. If David Heal is an Anglican Priest (i presume he is if thats a picture of his wife) why would the Mc's as catholics (devout as they want everyone to believe) call in a non catholic priest? Hubbard isn't a catholic priest either.

tinkier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 22.07.15 10:08

@tinkier wrote:
@Richard IV wrote:@Monkeymind (anyone heard from him recently?)  "So the question is, if the priest David Heal visits the McCanns on the night of the 3rd or early hours of the 4th, how does his phone number appear on O’Brien’s phone AFTER Murat’s??? "

Forgive me if this sounds like a stupid question. If David Heal is an Anglican Priest (i presume he is if thats a picture of his wife) why would the Mc's as catholics (devout as they want everyone to believe) call in a non catholic priest? Hubbard isn't a catholic priest either.
For me it's always been a big question mark. Hubbard was sold to the public as 'Father Hubbard' - I still maintain this is not the usual address for an anglican priest. The word priest is hardly used either, it's far more ususal to use 'the Reverend (getting round the Vicar or Rector issue)  so imo it's all part of the smoke screen provided by a thoughtful government.
Points about Hubbard:
He was posted to Portugal not long before - but for a very short time. Seems a little expensive for a short time if he was there with the family?
He arrived with his family from Canada on the 6th -  curiously David Heal is not even mentioned as part of the welcoming committee/congregation.
His wife became in all but name Kate's minder - she even annoyed a witness Kate wanted to speak to (interestingly I believe something to do with the block of apartments near the church) Mother Hubbard had children of her own, but went to visit Kate regularly in the UK. Came with her to the Lisbon Court.
The interview in the church with the Rev. Hubbard is peculiar to say the least. He slips up and talks about the two wonderful children they have. Body language is 'blocking' folded arms, hardly any gestures.
He was posted back to Canada about 5 years later.
Press photos of Kate getting blessed by the Rev. 'Father' appeared in the press, posed to a 't' imo and Kate and the Rev. looking very photogenic, picture of innocence....

Isn't it also usual that the residence/vicarage goes with the job? So that the Rev. Heal would have to clear out. The silence regarding this harmless priest is rather curious.

Yes, that ping-pong ball - Perhaps Mark Willis can work it out - a Welsh custom? National dress? pray2

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 22.07.15 10:28

The unctuous 'Father' Hubbard with his laid back media style/expertise - and tigger is correct, in an Anglican, non-catholic church they are not described as priests and they are not called 'Father'.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 22.07.15 10:44

@aquila wrote:The unctuous 'Father' Hubbard with his laid back media style/expertise - and tigger is correct, in an Anglican, non-catholic church they are not described as priests and they are not called 'Father'.
Can a Catholic receive a blessing or anything for that matter from a non-Catholic priest/vicar/person of the cloth?

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 22.07.15 11:02

@Nina wrote:
@aquila wrote:The unctuous 'Father' Hubbard with his laid back media style/expertise - and tigger is correct, in an Anglican, non-catholic church they are not described as priests and they are not called 'Father'.
Can a Catholic receive a blessing or anything for that matter from a non-Catholic priest/vicar/person of the cloth?
Apparently they can if he's called 'Father Hubbard'.

When I lived in Crete, in Chania there were obviously Greek Orthodox churches, there was a synagogue (up a back street) and a Catholic church. The Catholic church (which I attended now and then) had an American priest who came in at the end of the all in Greek language service to do a two minute stint in English - literally a couple of minutes - and I wondered why he bothered. He was presumably there for those Catholics related to the US base in Souda Bay was my thought. He was completely vacuous and you could almost hear the footsteps of those waiting to leave the building.

I have a daughter-in-law and an aunt who are devout Catholics. They would not take a blessing from an Anglican religious person no matter the circumstances. They would look for a Catholic Priest.

Devout Catholics wouldn't and don't consider IVF.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum