The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Rebekah Brooks charged with perverting the course of justice - Page 2 Mm11

Rebekah Brooks charged with perverting the course of justice - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Rebekah Brooks charged with perverting the course of justice - Page 2 Mm11

Rebekah Brooks charged with perverting the course of justice - Page 2 Regist10

Rebekah Brooks charged with perverting the course of justice

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rebekah Brooks charged with perverting the course of justice - Page 2 Empty Re: Rebekah Brooks charged with perverting the course of justice

Post by tiny 15.05.12 18:05

I just hope this vile woman gets the justice she deserves, she has backed kate and gerry to the hilt thus denying justice for Madeleine
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Rebekah Brooks charged with perverting the course of justice - Page 2 Empty Re: Rebekah Brooks charged with perverting the course of justice

Post by PeterMac 15.05.12 18:08

Sorry to be picky, but the original report is incorrect. She was not "Re-arrested".
That implies a second arrest for the same thing.
She was arrested for another and totally separate offence on the second occasion, independent of the first arrest and bail.

"Re-arrest" occurs when police arrest someone and then released them without charge, either because they are clearly innocent, or because there is not enough evidence at that stage to charge them, or to justify holding them in custody or on bail (which is only an milder version of custody).

When sufficient evidence comes to light to justify a charge on the original suspicion, then they have to be re-arrested. If evidence turns up of other crimes, then they have to be told of each crime for which they have been arrested. It is possible, and sometimes inevitable that someone will be arrested for theft or alternatively for handling stolen goods. They are told this at the time. Or should be.

So
" I am arresting you on suspicion of Child neglect, concealing a corpse, conspiring to prevent a burial, and conspiracy to defraud" might be the appropriate formal wording if a person had deliberately and knowingly left a child alone and unsupervised, had hidden its body, had never reported the matter to the Coroner, and had collected money from pretending the child were still alive.
If those crimes had happened in England, of course.
All totally hypothetical, and merely given as an example, to illustrate the point about re-arrest.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16602

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 15.05.12 18:26

candyfloss wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:Isn't it ironic that the chief instigator of hacking who starts a hack culture in NI and its titles is not charged for criminality of hacking, but on perverting the course of justice because she destroyed the evidence!

Her secretary, Cheryl what-her- other-name should be severely punished for helping her destroyed the evidence.

Just imagine she was once a nobody from a working class family but her ruthless ambition got her where she was very quickly that she needs two security guards to guard her. And her personal security guards are charged as well. All in all she and her personal entourage of enablers are to be charged.

What will happen to the hacker they hired, editors and journalists who handled and printed the hacked materials? Are they going to be charged as well.

If as a result of LI, only small flies are charged, I will be dead surprised.

Bet Cameron is getting very nervy and rattled with this latest development. Is he going to text her to "keep her spirits up" and signed of with "lots of love"?

aiyoyo, she has been arrested twice IIRC, 2 different things... the other arrest re the phone hacking, totally different is still being looked into...........

[snipped]
She was arrested a few days later on suspicion of conspiring to intercept communications and corruption, and remains on bail without charge for those alleged offences.

Mrs Brooks was then re-arrested on 13 March on suspicion of conspiring to pervert the course

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18062485

Oh, I see. So she was arrested twice on suspicion of two different charges, and effectively now officially charged for one, with the other one still pending.

Let's face it, if the Prosecutors have evidence to charge her for perversion of justice they might also have enough for the other suspicion she was arrested for. I imagine both to go hand in hand, else how did they know what was destroyed.
Might they have enough evidence of her involvement in the hacking that justifies she destroyed further evidence of it, hence the charge.

I hope she gets what is due to her in a good and proper manner she so deserves.
I bet she didn't expect it will come to this when she was barking orders and threatening Theresa May and DC from her once lofty peak!

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 15.05.12 18:34

candyfloss wrote:http://steelmagnolia-steelmagnolia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/mccann-brooks-to-address-nation-on-bbc.html?spref=tw

#McCann : #Brooks To Address The Nation On BBC At 5.15 p.m .

big grin

She shares similar trait with kate. They like to address the Nation thinking they are the Nation's best gifts as example of women who are heroines.

What makes them think they that the Nation would like to hear from them?
They both are megalomaniac sufferers who do not realize they are national pests.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.05.12 18:35

It a little ironic that we had the extracts from Leveson inquiry where Jay asked if PM was threatened with Theresa May being put on the front page for a week, and now it is Rebekah Brookes who has been in the papers daily making the headlines. I wonder if Theresa May is having a little titter
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 15.05.12 18:43

tiny wrote:bet brooks will be calling in favours now

Not from Cameron that is for sure, because he's breaking out in cold sweat and hiding under the bed from Police, wishing he hadn't met the broomstick witch!

If bitchy RB is lucky Godfather Muddy might come to her rescue, but don't be surprised if he ditches her to save his own arse!
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 15.05.12 18:55

Theresa May would have got even if RB is served porridge for the next decade at her Majesty's pleasure!

What;s betting this time round DC wont be texting her to "keep her spirit up" and signed off "lots of love".!

What must DC's wife think of his trademark signature to another married woman God only knows, especially now that it has become common knowledge and the world is told all about DC intimacy with another woman.

I hope her personal staff who are charged along with her will spill the beans on her to save their sorry arse from prison bed.

p.s. Those hack victims must be pleased at the marvellous news.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 15.05.12 19:43

She needs to hire Carter-Ruck to counter these vile and libellous allegations.
She should sue the Metropolitan Police for millions, and should seek to have all the officers concerned in the investigation , the chief of the CPS, and the Commissioner himself committed to prison.
Immediately.
There is no time to lose.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16602

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by justme3 15.05.12 19:54

Should we be discussing RB, now that there's a trial pending? I would hate to jeopardise it. I would like to see all references to RB taken off the forum, until after the trial. But of course, that's just my opinion!
justme3

Activity : 178

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.05.12 20:32

Angry Rebekah Brooks attacks police and prosecutors over charges

[snipped]

Mr Brooks said: "I feel today is an attempt to use me and others as scapegoats, the effect of which is to ratchet up the pressure on my wife, who I believe is the subject of a witch hunt.

"There are 172 police officers, about the equivalent of eight murder squads, working on this; so it doesn't surprise me that the pressure is on to prosecute, no matter how weak the cases will be.

"I have no doubt that the lack of evidence against me will be borne out in court but I have grave doubts that my wife can ever get a fair trial, given the huge volume of biased commentary which she has been subjected to.

"We will fight this in court."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/angry-rebekah-brooks-attacks-police-and-prosecutors-over-charges-7754230.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes 15.05.12 20:37

Yadayadayada! The practices that went on were unforgiveable. IMO Cameron has hung her out to dry. T May is NOT a politician you can threaten and get away with it.
friedtomatoes

Activity : 621

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryB 15.05.12 20:42

I think the powers that be must now realise that all this corruption/bribery/persuasion call it what you will, has got to stop. I didn't think she'd be facing charges. Last night I was sitting thinking it will all have blown over by tomorrow and business as usual with no case to answer. Files shelved. Looks as if Rebekah Brooks wasn't expecting charges either.
MaryB
MaryB

Activity : 246

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes 15.05.12 20:54

I dont think Mr Jay and Mr Leveson were too pleased with her answers at the inquiry either. She seems not to have respect for anything or anyone. And also absolved herself of any responsibility for anything. Remind you of anyone? JMHO.
friedtomatoes

Activity : 621

Back to top Go down

Post by listener 15.05.12 21:25

This, I assume, has taken the heat off Cameron for a while as his appearence at the LI has now been delayed and might seriously restrict what questions could be asked of him without predudising her trial?Rebekah Brooks charged with perverting the course of justice - Page 2 234726
listener
listener

Activity : 681

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 15.05.12 22:52

justme3 wrote:Should we be discussing RB, now that there's a trial pending? I would hate to jeopardise it. I would like to see all references to RB taken off the forum, until after the trial. But of course, that's just my opinion!

I note the Brooks have already stated that in view of all that`s been written about them, how can there be a fair conclusion (or words to that affect). Maybe this will be their `get out` defence. But there is really no way, in a democracy, that people are going to stop commenting on it, or there shouldn`t be. Next thing we`ll hear is that all the journos that have written stuff about her are being sued - quite possible considering the money behind them. All merely in my opinion.

Its going to be a very brave person indeed that will give evidence against them IMO - RB is likely to have dirt on everyone - was that not her career, her ticket to the top and future protection ? Only asking.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashwarya 15.05.12 23:22

So it appears that however rich and powerful and well-connected you are, unless your name is McCann you're not going to get away with it.
Ashwarya
Ashwarya

Activity : 162

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.05.12 23:31

Looked for front pages of tomorrows papers at Sky, it has 8 of 8 and no picture of Sun front page, surprise surprise.

According to Nick Sutton this is tomorrows front page of the Sun...................

Nick Sutton‏@suttonnick

Wednesday's Sun front page - "Beauty banged up for bunk-up in back of Dubai cab" #tomorrowspaperstoday http://twitpic.com/9lh94c

Rebekah Brooks charged with perverting the course of justice - Page 2 580272492

Oh dear, where is the RB story?? big grin
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 15.05.12 23:31

Woofer wrote:
justme3 wrote:Should we be discussing RB, now that there's a trial pending? I would hate to jeopardise it. I would like to see all references to RB taken off the forum, until after the trial. But of course, that's just my opinion!

I note the Brooks have already stated that in view of all that`s been written about them, how can there be a fair conclusion (or words to that affect). Maybe this will be their `get out` defence. But there is really no way, in a democracy, that people are going to stop commenting on it, or there shouldn`t be. Next thing we`ll hear is that all the journos that have written stuff about her are being sued - quite possible considering the money behind them. All merely in my opinion.

Its going to be a very brave person indeed that will give evidence against them IMO - RB is likely to have dirt on everyone - was that not her career, her ticket to the top and future protection ? Only asking.

No surprise there that typically they used the extensive coverage of Leveson Inquiry and Press and media reporting as excuses to try and get out citing biased disadvantage? Considering the magnitude and scale of the hacking, involving thousands of victims, the sheer nr. of police working on the case is justified. Yet Mr Brooks saw fit to use that as excuse and called it a witch hunt. Does it not remind you of someone saying the same about PJ when they were made suspect?

Considering Brooks' might and power at controlling politicians at the very top, the very reason that brought about the Inquiry, it is to be expected that even the prosecutors can foresee they will use every and any excuse they can to get out.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 15.05.12 23:35

To quote Brooks herself from last year.....just "deny deny deny'
jd
jd

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 15.05.12 23:36

jd wrote:
Moa wrote:In the news in my country they write this

: This is specialy imberrising for the British PM David Cameron , since he is a close personal friend of Rebekah and her husband. ( sorry my translation is not perfect :))

http://www.vg.no/nyheter/utenriks/artikkel.php?artid=10053581

Last week it said on the BBC news scroll during the Leveson debacle that there was a family connection between brooks and cameron. Never did find what exactly this connection was

RB's husband and David Cameron were friends at school. I haven't heard anywhere that there was a family connection but I may have missed it.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.05.12 23:42

Newintown wrote:
jd wrote:
Moa wrote:In the news in my country they write this

: This is specialy imberrising for the British PM David Cameron , since he is a close personal friend of Rebekah and her husband. ( sorry my translation is not perfect :))

http://www.vg.no/nyheter/utenriks/artikkel.php?artid=10053581

Last week it said on the BBC news scroll during the Leveson debacle that there was a family connection between brooks and cameron. Never did find what exactly this connection was

RB's husband and David Cameron were friends at school. I haven't heard anywhere that there was a family connection but I may have missed it.

It was Andy Coulson at Leveson who said there was a family connection..............

International Executive, and personal friend of the PM, Rebekah Brooks gives evidence.

Giving evidence yesterday David Cameron's former communications chief Andy Coulson said that Mr Cameron had a "family connection" with Ms Brooks.

She was his constituent. Charlie Brooks is a constituent of his, so they lived relatively close to his constituency home but there was, I think, a fairly long historic family connection.

– Andy Coulson at the Leveson Inquiry

http://www.itv.com/news/2012-05-11/rebekah-brooks-at-the-leveson-inquiry-to-answer-questions-over-her-relationship-with-politicians-including-david-cameron/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 16.05.12 0:03

aiyoyo wrote:
Woofer wrote:

No surprise there that typically they used the extensive coverage of Leveson Inquiry and Press and media reporting as excuses to try and get out citing biased disadvantage? Considering the magnitude and scale of the hacking, involving thousands of victims, the sheer nr. of police working on the case is justified. Yet Mr Brooks saw fit to use that as excuse and called it a witch hunt. Does it not remind you of someone saying the same about PJ when they were made suspect?

Considering Brooks' might and power at controlling politicians at the very top, the very reason that brought about the Inquiry, it is to be expected that even the prosecutors can foresee they will use every and any excuse they can to get out.

Yes, that jumped out at me - they think they`re being clever, typical wordy manipulation of actual facts that red tops use. But I suppose the Sun readers will lap it up.

Notice they are playing on the witch hunt theme, which IMO was planned with the Salem witch trial symbolism at the LI.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 16.05.12 0:16

candyfloss wrote:[
International Executive, and personal friend of the PM, Rebekah Brooks gives evidence.

Giving evidence yesterday David Cameron's former communications chief Andy Coulson said that Mr Cameron had a "family connection" with Ms Brooks.

She was his constituent. Charlie Brooks is a constituent of his, so they lived relatively close to his constituency home but there was, I think, a fairly long historic family connection.

– Andy Coulson at the Leveson Inquiry

http://www.itv.com/news/2012-05-11/rebekah-brooks-at-the-leveson-inquiry-to-answer-questions-over-her-relationship-with-politicians-including-david-cameron/

Thanks CF. Coulsen isn't saying what the family connection is imo, just a close constituent of Camerons. Their relationship is odd I think if there isn't a family connection somewhere
jd
jd

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by monkey mind 16.05.12 0:22

candyfloss wrote:Looked for front pages of tomorrows papers at Sky, it has 8 of 8 and no picture of Sun front page, surprise surprise.

According to Nick Sutton this is tomorrows front page of the Sun...................

Nick Sutton‏@suttonnick

Wednesday's Sun front page - "Beauty banged up for bunk-up in back of Dubai cab" #tomorrowspaperstoday http://twitpic.com/9lh94c

Rebekah Brooks charged with perverting the course of justice - Page 2 580272492

Oh dear, where is the RB story?? big grin

Was that not it then...???
monkey mind
monkey mind

Activity : 629

Back to top Go down

Post by monkey mind 16.05.12 0:26

jd wrote:To quote Brooks herself from last year.....just "deny deny deny'

Thank you jd, doesn't that just say it all!!!
monkey mind
monkey mind

Activity : 629

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top