The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

john Geraghty - John Geraghty Mm11

john Geraghty - John Geraghty Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

john Geraghty - John Geraghty Mm11

john Geraghty - John Geraghty Regist10

John Geraghty

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

john Geraghty - John Geraghty Empty John Geraghty

Post by jd 13.05.12 2:39

This one seems to be quietly involved. John Geraghty is a friend of the McCanns and some of the first reports of this man surfaced when he was said to be storing the Renault Scenic for them after they fled Portugal after being made Arguidos (good friend of Susan Hubbard?). He provides a link with the McCanns both from Leicester and to PDL (with Murat too?), which seems to suggest a deliberate choice to go to that area precisely. Allegedly on the day of Maddie's birthday 12 May 2007 the McCanns attended a birthday bash at his house afterwards. He was at the church service. Putting info together for future reference

-----
DOUG SKEHAN: Dr Doug Skehan is a cardiologist at University Hospitals of Leicester and Mrs. Marcelle Skehan (also known as Dr. Morris) is a general practitioner (doctor) in a Coalville practice. (Dr Doug Skehan is a cardiologist at University Hospitals of Leicester and Mrs. Marcelle Skehan (also known as Dr. Morris) is a general practitioner (doctor) in a Coalville practice. Dr Doug Skehan was one of the first directors of Madeleine’s Fund: Leaving No Stone Unturned Limited)

I have recently received this information in an email:

"In Jan/Feb 2008, Patricia Hewitt rejected a big PFI ( = 'Private Finance Initiative) from a group based on Leicestershire which is believed to have included the Tapas 9 Doctors. PFI is a way of bringing in big amounts of money into the NHS from the private sector. I think it would have involved building a new, large, very expensive hospital. It is believed that the Tapas 9 were in behind a group of businessmen - contractors, builders etc. who were behind the PFI bid that Hewitt eventually rejected. John Geraghty was one of those businessmen. He lives in the next village to Praia da Luz, and is a member of the local R.C. Church. He was instrumental in helping the McCanns get a key to the church (to pray????) and loaned them a car (NB not the one in which cadaver odour was found). A possible scenario is that they booked their holiday in Praia da Luz so they could all work out how to revive their failed PFI bid."

Discussion at The 3 Arguido's here
Posted by Jill Havern at 18:27 Labels: Doug Skehan, Glenfield Hospital, John Geraghty, Marcelle Skehan, Pathway Project, Patricia Hewitt, PFI, University Hospitals Leicester
Links to this post 0 comments

Maybe this is how kennedy/smethurst got involved?

-----
Father Pachecos Statement to the PJ 30th October 2007: ".....He gave them the key to the church on the 7th or 8th May upon the suggestion of John Geraghty, a resident of the parish, so that they could calmly go to the church without any media pressure. Someone from the church gave the key to John Geraghty, who then passed it on to the McCann's, with Father Pacheco's permission.

Father Jose Pacheco who comforted Gerry and Kate McCann in the days after Madeleine vanished later claimed that he had been the victim of some form of deception. The priest even ordered every trace of the Madeleine appeal removed from his church of Our Lady of the Light. Friends of Jose Pacheco said he could no longer bear to discuss the case. (Interesting the Vatican felt the same after the mccanns visited in Rome, is the truth something the Catholic church utterly refuses?)

“Even when his friends broach the subject he immediately changes it,” said one.

“He says it is an extremely unpleasant situation and the McCann family only ever brought him problems. “He even told one friend they ruined his life.

“There are two completely different Pachecos, the one before the McCanns and this shell of a man after the McCanns. He is a nervous wreck.” (Did Hubbard replace him?)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-----
John Geraghty A 68-year-old businessman from Leicestershire who now lives on the outskirts of Praia da Luz. Offered to store the McCanns’ hire car so that they could commission independent forensic tests
From The Times, full article here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-----
John Geraghty apparently was a builder from Mountsorrel in Leicestershire...Next to Rothley in Leicestershire
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
-----

A “John Geraghty” shows up on a NHS document for an Infection Control Committee where he is listed as “Estates”. Whether this is the same John Geraghty who is a friend of the McCanns is unknown and attempts to find out through the hospital at Leicester proved fruitless. Our emails and phone calls were not answered.

-----
John Geraghty wasn't connected to Geraghty Construction according to the papers filed with Companies House

-----
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-----
John Geraghty May 7, 2007 in Praia da Luz (not sure this is him though?)

-----

The rich list bankrolling the McCanns
Brian Kennedy - Made £250 million from double glazing and home improvements and now owns Latium Group plastics and Sale Sharks rugby union team. Offered Latium’s in-house lawyer and is paying the McCanns’ new official spokesman, Clarence Mitchell

Sir Richard Branson - Contributed to rewards totalling £2.5 million after Madeleine’s disappearance. Has spoken to the McCanns several times and this month donated £100,000 to a fund for their legal costs. “I trust them implicitly,” he said. Is trying to encourage other wealthy people to contribute to the legal fund

Sir Philip Green - The billionaire owner of TopShop and BHS lent the McCanns his private jet for their visit to meet the Pope. Known to have been annoyed when news of his involvement emerged and has refused to comment on his current involvement

John Geraghty - A 68-year-old businessman from Leicestershire who now lives on the outskirts of Praia da Luz. Offered to store the McCanns’ hire car so that they could commission independent forensic tests

Maybe protecting the PFI bid was the reason to create the fabricated abduction coverup? Maybe as well, they calculated they would gain the sympathy vote too to help secure the PFI?

jd
jd

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

john Geraghty - John Geraghty Empty Re: John Geraghty

Post by Badboys 13.05.12 10:23

John Geraghty is not the builder from montsorrel,he is also not the person involved with the nhs in leicestershire.
Badboys

Activity : 69

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 13.05.12 12:55

Badboys wrote:John Geraghty is not the builder from montsorrel,he is also not the person involved with the nhs in leicestershire.

How do you know?
jd
jd

Back to top Go down

Post by monkey mind 13.05.12 15:26

This PFI bid is very interesting if true.
I think Kikoratton has been looking for a connection between Gerry and Robert Naylor who works in the world of finance and is ex Landsbanki. This may be that connection, I wonder if Kiko is aware of it? If anyone is in contact with him can they pass this thread on to him......
monkey mind
monkey mind

Activity : 629

Back to top Go down

Post by Badboys 13.05.12 15:35

jd wrote:
Badboys wrote:John Geraghty is not the builder from montsorrel,he is also not the person involved with the nhs in leicestershire.

How do you know?

someone on one of the forum actually saw the nhs john geraghty,he is in his 40s,whereas the john geraghty in the algarve is in his 60s/70s

e
Badboys

Back to top Go down

Post by Badboys 13.05.12 15:39

The algarve john geraghty was originally from yorkshire(supposedly has a yorkshire accent)
Badboys

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes 13.05.12 15:55

This is one of the problems in this case IMO people being sent up garden paths searching for links between people and reasons behind them, it cant be that complicated. Sargeants Inn and TTW4 bloggers prime suspects. Just robbing your time and energy and keeping the focus away from the truth.
friedtomatoes

Activity : 621

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 13.05.12 16:03

Badboys wrote: someone on one of the forum actually saw the nhs john geraghty,he is in his 40s,whereas the john geraghty in the algarve is in his 60s/70s

Its good to note this in mind and he is originally from yorkshire, to build up a true picture of who is this man. On the quiet he seems to be quite involved though hidden. It is interesting that he was included in the top 4 of the biggest financial backers to the mccanns, as well as being instrumental in getting them the keys to the church (the church the priest felt betrayed and took everything to do with the Maddie appeal down-quite drastic thing to do especially at that particular time)...and store their hire car in his garage so the mccanns could do their own forensics...he has got himself pretty well involved in more ways than one
jd
jd

Back to top Go down

Post by monkey mind 13.05.12 16:17

friedtomatoes wrote:This is one of the problems in this case IMO people being sent up garden paths searching for links between people and reasons behind them, it cant be that complicated. Sargeants Inn and TTW4 bloggers prime suspects. Just robbing your time and energy and keeping the focus away from the truth.

But some connections do need explaining. There is strong evidence to suggest that G did indeed sign in Naylor's daughter each day at the creche. Someone clearly forged Naylor's signature each day either that or he can't remember how to write his own name, and there are strong similarities to G's hndwriting. He never mentioned it to the Portuguese police neither did Naylor. Nor apparently did Naylor deny it when Kiko phoned him up. Be nice to be able to prove they did know one another. It certainly needs some explaining and as he is a financier this PFI may do that...
monkey mind
monkey mind

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes 13.05.12 16:24

monkey mind wrote:
friedtomatoes wrote:This is one of the problems in this case IMO people being sent up garden paths searching for links between people and reasons behind them, it cant be that complicated. Sargeants Inn and TTW4 bloggers prime suspects. Just robbing your time and energy and keeping the focus away from the truth.

But some connections do need explaining. There is strong evidence to suggest that G did indeed sign in Naylor's daughter each day at the creche. Someone clearly forged Naylor's signature each day either that or he can't remember how to write his own name, and there are strong similarities to G's hndwriting. He never mentioned it to the Portuguese police neither did Naylor. Nor apparently did Naylor deny it when Kiko phoned him up. Be nice to be able to prove they did know one another. It certainly needs some explaining and as he is a financier this PFI may do that...

I really dont get that. GM signed in Naylors kid each day and signed off as him? And? Who signed in Madeleine? I think you are being taken for a ride. Dont k ow if I am right or wrong. Make them ALL take lie detector tests. I would think mr naylor being called by a stranger on this case would say nothing too
friedtomatoes

Activity : 621

Back to top Go down

Post by monkey mind 13.05.12 17:01

friedtomatoes wrote:[
I really dont get that. GM signed in Naylors kid each day and signed off as him? And? Who signed in Madeleine? I think you are being taken for a ride. Dont k ow if I am right or wrong. Make them ALL take lie detector tests. I would think mr naylor being called by a stranger on this case would say nothing too

You are of course perfectly free to think I am being 'taken for a ride' and in so doing ignore potentially one of the most crucial pieces of hard verifiable evidence in the case. The evidence does indeed point to Naylor not signing in his own child and usually his entry is either directly above or below GM's and their are striking similarities to his writing, not identical as one could be expected to try and disguise it, but certain letters and styles are almost identical. The phone call they had lasted 10 minutes I believe.

But of course you may be right and I may be just a fool who is easily sucked in.....and that would make Kiko, ex SIS, a fool also......

monkey mind
monkey mind

Back to top Go down

Post by monkey mind 13.05.12 17:15

Friedtomatoes, I'm not saying G did sign in Naylor's daughter but clearly he didn't appear to have done it himself becausee he cannot remember how his own signature goes. But a handwriting expert could confirm it, and if he did, would that not be important??

ps, on the face of it we appear to have strayed off topic, but it could well be linked to the pfi and thread subject so I would contend not.
monkey mind
monkey mind

Back to top Go down

Post by justme3 13.05.12 17:18

Just a few bits of info. I have no idea if they are of any significance to this forum, but make of them what you may:

In 1944 a John A Geraghty was born in Yorkshire. This is the only John Geraghty born near to the date of the John that some are referring to on this forum. In 1964 a John A Geraghty married Elizabeth A Magson. It appears that they had 3 children, none named John, so my educated guess is, that this John is the John who now lives in Portugal and has no direct link to the John Geraghty linked to the NHS, unless they are distant relatives.

just to add to the above information: In 1970 a John Geraghty was born in Leicestershire, whose mother's maiden name was MASON. This is extremely close to the name MAGSON. However, I have tried to find a marriage for a male Geraghty marrying a female Mason but to no avail.
justme3

Activity : 178

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel 13.05.12 18:04

justme3 wrote:Just a few bits of info. I have no idea if they are of any significance to this forum, but make of them what you may:

In 1944 a John A Geraghty was born in Yorkshire. This is the only John Geraghty born near to the date of the John that some are referring to on this forum. In 1964 a John A Geraghty married Elizabeth A Magson. It appears that they had 3 children, none named John, so my educated guess is, that this John is the John who now lives in Portugal and has no direct link to the John Geraghty linked to the NHS, unless they are distant relatives.

just to add to the above information: In 1970 a John Geraghty was born in Leicestershire, whose mother's maiden name was MASON. This is extremely close to the name MAGSON. However, I have tried to find a marriage for a male Geraghty marrying a female Mason but to no avail.
Well done justme3, the accent and age fits with your findings. Does it say where in Yorkshire? Not South I don't think by his accent nor Leeds, sounds a softer accent to me, more North, Skipton by any chance?

Two links to Skipton in the largest County in England. One to the cousin Michael Wright and the second to the therapists sent out to help them [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Spaniel
Spaniel

Activity : 769

Back to top Go down

Post by justme3 13.05.12 18:28

Spaniel wrote:
justme3 wrote:Just a few bits of info. I have no idea if they are of any significance to this forum, but make of them what you may:

Well done justme3, the accent and age fits with your findings. Does it say where in Yorkshire? Not South I don't think by his accent nor Leeds, sounds a softer accent to me, more North, Skipton by any chance?

Two links to Skipton in the largest County in England. One to the cousin Michael Wright and the second to the therapists sent out to help them [url=http://www.ccpsupport.co.uk/

J A Geraghty was registered in Ryedale, Yorkshire. The first child was born in Scarborough in 1964, the second in Howden, 1967 and the third in Ryedale, 1969. And as I mentioned earlier, a John Geraghty was born in Leicester in 1970, to a mother with the maiden name of Mason.
justme3

Activity : 178

Back to top Go down

Post by Ross 13.05.12 20:03

jd wrote:PFI is a way of bringing in big amounts of money into the NHS from the private sector.
Correction: PFI is a way of taking large amounts of money out of the NHS into private hands.

Buddha
Ross
Ross

Activity : 217

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel 13.05.12 20:09

Spaniel wrote:

Two links to Skipton in the largest County in England. One to the cousin Michael Wright and the second to the therapists sent out to help them [url=http://www.ccpsupport.co.uk/
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Sorry, the two quoted above, plus of course the man who transported the inflatable to PdL Colin Sahlke which makes three links to Skipton.

So a pocket of activity in Skipton, one in Cheshire, another in Exeter? Maybe more.

Can someone here then chart where the pockets are and if linked somehow? Something like a flow chart but with blocks representing the core sites with links to each?

Spaniel
Spaniel

Activity : 769

Back to top Go down

Post by Ross 13.05.12 20:12

I would go as far as saying that one of the defining characteristics of this case is the amount of misdirection that has emanated from the core. The question is has this been done to create a mass of confusion to hide a simple truth, or is it a case of the best place to hide a pebble is in a pile of pebbles?

Buddha
Ross
Ross

Activity : 217

Back to top Go down

Post by Badboys 13.05.12 22:07

I read that there was a break-in at his home and the shower curtain/things were taken.

He lives near the boavista golf course.

Could there be connections with emerson/jones homes associated with the algarve who are hq in cheshire?

only a thought.
Badboys

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 14.05.12 2:15

Badboys wrote:I read that there was a break-in at his home and the shower curtain/things were taken.

He lives near the boavista golf course.

Could there be connections with emerson/jones homes associated with the algarve who are hq in cheshire?

only a thought.

Shower curtains...this is interesting...any links to this story?
jd
jd

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 05.06.12 21:23

Ross wrote:
jd wrote:PFI is a way of bringing in big amounts of money into the NHS from the private sector.
Correction: PFI is a way of taking large amounts of money out of the NHS into private hands.

But all the same it was very dear to the Labour Governments' heart. That's why the PFI investor can charge a fortune for having a light bulb changed in a building which they have financed.
It is astounding how successive governments seem to have no idea of good financial investments. Nimrod is a prime example and not unlike the PFI.
They gave Marconi an open contract. I.e. they could take as long as they liked and they could charge as much as they liked.
Another affair which was quietly closed down eventually although there were one or two 'suicides' during this process. Both Marconi staff I seem to remember.

On the other hand, it could not possibly be the case that someone in a position of power could have had an arrangement with some investor to help him find the right PFI?

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by chillyheat 21.10.13 1:31

John Geraghty
He does not come up on any company check.....strange, considering he is talked about as a Tycoon
chillyheat

Activity : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthandjustice 22.10.13 21:56

Does anyone know a link to find out about the shower curtain stolen from John Geraghty's villa? or is it just myth?  is there any connection to the shower curtain later found dumped in plastic bag?
Truthandjustice

Activity : 240

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.02.14 19:39

I think the person was a builder who stored the car and was called Gherraty or Gerraghty or similar. I believe Gerry knew him.

quote above is from whatsupdoc
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 24.02.14 20:03

Everyone is very connected - see below from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Golf seems to play a huge part and seems to connects John G to Bob Symington etc

Oceanico regularly run Golfing Events with the Associação Portuguesa de Seniores de Golfe, curated by Teresa Symington, whose husband Bob Symington is a member of the famous Symington Port and Wine dynasty and (I think) the brother of Oceab Club owner David Symington. Bob would also be Uncle to David's son, Angus Symington - the celebrated Robert Murat lookalike.
10. Bob Symington appears to have attended Oratory School in England between the years of 1944-49. Like John Henry Murat's Bradfield boarding school, this Roman Catholic Prep School is based in Reading, in Berkshire. Paul Symington - now Joint Managing Director of the Symington Estates and the eldest son of Michael Douglas Symington - was also schooled at the Oratory School prior to studying French at the Université de Neuchâtel in Switzerland.
Bob's long-time friend, Andrew Bull (who died in 2009), like Bob's nephew Johnny Symington, served with the British Embassy and the British Council in Portugal. The pair had met whilst boys at the Oporto British School.
Bull, also born in Oporto, was the son of a Director of Mackenzie & Co in the port wine trade. He began his teaching career at Tulse Hill, in South London (Murat father also lived in Tulse Hill for a time). He left to become Head of the History Department at a large Forces Comprehensive School in Germany. Bull recently retired as the chairman of the British Community Council of Lisbon.
The owners of the Estrela da Luz apartments now own the Vilamoura Golf Course that Daily Telegraph journalist, Martin Symington speaks so fondly of in his Algarve Reports. Oceanico often organise events at the nearby Palmares Golf Club - where Murat and girlfriend Michaela Walczuch met with business associates Jorge da Silva and his son on the day Madeleine went missing.
They also own the Millennium, Pinhal, O Connor Jnr and (Nick) Faldo course in Silves, the Victoria in Vilamoura and the Amendoeira Academy.
Oceanico is financially supported by the Anglo Irish Bank but Fagan and Burgess are also backed by a consortium of Irish-Americans in New York.
Terry Devey - the Dublin-based construction tycoon is also an investor.

In 2008 Republic of Ireland boss Giovanni Trapattoni took the international football team to stay at the Estrela da Luz apartments.

Another Portuguese golfing sponsor and construction millionaire, John Geraghty loaned the McCanns the use of his Praia da Luz apartment in the months immediately after Madeleine's disappearance, allowing the Leicester couple leave their infamous Renault Scenic in the garage. Geraghty is also allegd to have requested the keys to the church in Praia da Luz on behalf of the McCanns. Geraghty's father arrived in England from County Galway in Southern Ireland.
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top