The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Robert Murat versus Jane Tanner?

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Robert Murat versus Jane Tanner?

Post by aiyoyo on 20.02.10 9:00

The fact that CM saw fit to come out and deny JT identified Murar, as well as commented on certain things in itself is an indication of a pre-empt of something.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Murat versus Jane Tanner?

Post by Cath on 20.02.10 9:14

He was asked a question, to which he replied.
I think it's premature to jump to conclusions because of that.

Cath

Posts : 597
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Murat versus Jane Tanner?

Post by aliberte2 on 21.02.10 22:37

What will this do To the Foundation's new Plans for a Robert Murat article??

aliberte2

Posts : 365
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2009-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Murat versus Jane Tanner?

Post by whoknowsthetruth on 22.02.10 10:23

Anywy if Murat was suing Tanner, it would have to be in this country.

whoknowsthetruth

Posts : 159
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Murat versus Jane Tanner?

Post by Autumn on 08.03.10 16:56

Posted on Joanna's site
http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic6044-630.html

From the Público newspaper article there are 5 actions being taken against 5 Portuguese media outlets. Confirmed by Pagarete, Murat's lawyer there is a criminal action, at inquest phase and under judicial secrecy, against Jane Tanner. As per the Daily Express, three other Tapas members are also being a target of a criminal complaint.

So, really confirmed by Murat's lawyer there are 6 actions, one against JT and 5 other, which we don't know if they are separated or jointed, against 5 different Portuguese media outlets. That is all that we know as confirmed.

The 3 other Tapas, though printed in the Express article, might be or not also a target of a complaint, however given that on the second Público newspaper article Pagarete states:«Why did the McCanns’ three friends lie, saying that they had seen him there [Ocean Club] on that night”» we can assume that those three persons are likely being also a target of criminal complaint for calumny, like Jane Tanner.

Autumn

Posts : 2603
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-11-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Murat versus Jane Tanner?

Post by Guest on 08.03.10 17:02

@Autumn wrote:Posted on Joanna's site
http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic6044-630.html

From the Público newspaper article there are 5 actions being taken against 5 Portuguese media outlets. Confirmed by Pagarete, Murat's lawyer there is a criminal action, at inquest phase and under judicial secrecy, against Jane Tanner. As per the Daily Express, three other Tapas members are also being a target of a criminal complaint.

So, really confirmed by Murat's lawyer there are 6 actions, one against JT and 5 other, which we don't know if they are separated or jointed, against 5 different Portuguese media outlets. That is all that we know as confirmed.

The 3 other Tapas, though printed in the Express article, might be or not also a target of a complaint, however given that on the second Público newspaper article Pagarete states:«Why did the McCanns’ three friends lie, saying that they had seen him there [Ocean Club] on that night”» we can assume that those three persons are likely being also a target of criminal complaint for calumny, like Jane Tanner.


Thanks for that Autumn, this is very interesting, and if it goes to trial, could open a huge can or worms. The Tapas lot would have to say why they identified R Murat as being there, which could hardly be a mistake, if others did the same. I just wonder how long this would take to come to trial?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Murat versus Jane Tanner?

Post by saj on 09.03.10 6:35

There were other people who said they saw him that night, why are they being left out ?

saj

Posts : 23
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Murat versus Jane Tanner?

Post by justagrannynow 1 on 09.03.10 7:10

@saj wrote:There were other people who said they saw him that night, why are they being left out ?

Probably for a similar reason why the McCanns and their friends only sued some newspapers and not others.

justagrannynow 1

Posts : 966
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-11-26
Location : France

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Murat versus Jane Tanner?

Post by WOODWARD on 11.03.10 9:27

@saj wrote:There were other people who said they saw him that night, why are they being left out ?
NAME THEM

WOODWARD

Posts : 141
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-12-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Progress?

Post by Guest on 24.02.12 21:19

candyfloss wrote:
@Autumn wrote:Posted on Joanna's site
http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic6044-630.html

From the Público newspaper article there are 5 actions being taken against 5 Portuguese media outlets. Confirmed by Pagarete, Murat's lawyer there is a criminal action, at inquest phase and under judicial secrecy, against Jane Tanner. As per the Daily Express, three other Tapas members are also being a target of a criminal complaint.

So, really confirmed by Murat's lawyer there are 6 actions, one against JT and 5 other, which we don't know if they are separated or jointed, against 5 different Portuguese media outlets. That is all that we know as confirmed.

The 3 other Tapas, though printed in the Express article, might be or not also a target of a complaint, however given that on the second Público newspaper article Pagarete states:«Why did the McCanns’ three friends lie, saying that they had seen him there [Ocean Club] on that night”» we can assume that those three persons are likely being also a target of criminal complaint for calumny, like Jane Tanner.


Thanks for that Autumn, this is very interesting, and if it goes to trial, could open a huge can or worms. The Tapas lot would have to say why they identified R Murat as being there, which could hardly be a mistake, if others did the same. I just wonder how long this would ta
ke to come to trial?

Does anyone know the present state of affairs?

Is this matter still pending and has a court date been set?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Murat versus Jane Tanner?

Post by Gillyspot on 24.02.12 21:40

As far as I know what you have read is all. Of course with the McCann case you can never be certain though if anything has happened or not.

____________________
Kate McCann "I know that what happened is not due to the fact of us leaving the children asleep. I know it happened under other circumstances"

Gillyspot

Posts : 1470
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-06-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Murat versus Jane Tanner?

Post by Clouseau on 24.02.12 21:55

why not ask Keir ( knobjockeyherbert) Simmons he was the one who confirmed the case was going ahead .......

Clouseau

Posts : 50
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-07-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum