The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns v Bennett: 153 alleged breaches reduced to 25  - Page 5 Mm11

McCanns v Bennett: 153 alleged breaches reduced to 25  - Page 5 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns v Bennett: 153 alleged breaches reduced to 25  - Page 5 Mm11

McCanns v Bennett: 153 alleged breaches reduced to 25  - Page 5 Regist10

McCanns v Bennett: 153 alleged breaches reduced to 25

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McCanns v Bennett: 153 alleged breaches reduced to 25  - Page 5 Empty Re: McCanns v Bennett: 153 alleged breaches reduced to 25

Post by Ollie 24.02.12 14:52

rainbow-fairy wrote:
Me wrote:And leading on from my previous post a pertinent question.

If Gerry in particular is suffering in the way their libel writs describe why is the NHS allowing him to continue working as a Doctor / Surgeon?
That is a very important point, Me.
Cardiac diagnostics, isn't it? That is a high-stress job in itself. If Gerry McCann is so anxious, so irritable and not eating or sleeping, he certainly shouldn't be employed in any job where he potentially makes life-or-death decisions. Its not like sitting in a biscuit factory making digestives, is it?

Another thing. How in hell are they trying to blame Amaral for their mental state? Amaral didn't leave their children alone in a holiday flat (or worse). Amaral was just doing his job, poor man. If they want to know who to blame for their mental state, they've only to look in the mirror for their answer...

Also. Didn't Kate state, in her words, that there is nothing wrong with her mental state??? This is probably one for PeterMac! I'm certain that, in the bewk, she complains that newspapers were printing 'wild stories' about her fragile state of mind - and she goes on to say this was a lie? I've only skimmed the book in shops but I'd be grateful if the passage in question could be posted up. I know its in the bewk somewhere...

Here it is rainbow-fairy:

"Wild stories were appearing in the papers about my 'fragile' mental state, my 'inability to cope' with my 'hyperactive' children, eating disorders and sedatives. All complete b******t".

I need to have a quick look through the bewk again, because I am sure that she hasn't written that herself or Gerry are suffering because of GA's book.

Strange that Madeleine's 'abduction' has never caused any feelings of depression, insomnia, loss of appetite etc.
Ollie

Activity : 279

Back to top Go down

McCanns v Bennett: 153 alleged breaches reduced to 25  - Page 5 Empty Re: McCanns v Bennett: 153 alleged breaches reduced to 25

Post by Me 24.02.12 14:55

Ollie wrote:
rainbow-fairy wrote:

If Gerry in particular is suffering in the way their libel writs describe why is the NHS allowing him to continue working as a Doctor / Surgeon?
Cardiac diagnostics, isn't it? That is a high-stress job in itself. If Gerry McCann is so anxious, so irritable and not eating or sleeping, he certainly shouldn't be employed in any job where he potentially makes life-or-death decisions. Its not like sitting in a biscuit factory making digestives, is it?

Another thing. How in hell are they trying to blame Amaral for their mental state? Amaral didn't leave their children alone in a holiday flat (or worse). Amaral was just doing his job, poor man. If they want to know who to blame for their mental state, they've only to look in the mirror for their answer...

Also. Didn't Kate state, in her words, that there is nothing wrong with her mental state??? This is probably one for PeterMac! I'm certain that, in the bewk, she complains that newspapers were printing 'wild stories' about her fragile state of mind - and she goes on to say this was a lie? I've only skimmed the book in shops but I'd be grateful if the passage in question could be posted up. I know its in the bewk somewhere...

"Wild stories were appearing in the papers about my 'fragile' mental state, my 'inability to cope' with my 'hyperactive' children, eating disorders and sedatives. All complete b******t".

All need to have a quick look through the bewk again, because I am sure that she hasn't written that herself or Gerry are suffering because of GA's book.

Strange that Madeleine's 'abduction' has never caused any feelings of depression, insomnia, loss of appetite etc.

What is the time line of those stories she was referring to? Was it before or after Amaral's book was launched?

If it was before she could claim the book made her feel that wayl If the book was out at the point of the articles she refers to being printed then it's case closed your Honour.

What is certain is that since the start of the investigation there were  incongruent and even contradictory situations concerning the witness statements; the telephone records of calls that were made and received on mobile phones that belonged to the couple and to the group of friends that were on holidays with them; the movements of people right after the disappearance of the little girl was noticed, concerning the state in which the bedroom from where the child disappeared from was found (closed window? open window? partially open window?) etc., and the mystery would only become even thicker due to the clues that were left by the already mentioned sniffer dogs. - The Words of a JUDGE in relation to the McCanns
Me

Activity : 698

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie 24.02.12 15:06

Me wrote:
Ollie wrote:
rainbow-fairy wrote:

All need to have a quick look through the bewk again, because I am sure that she hasn't written that herself or Gerry are suffering because of GA's book.

What is the time line of those stories she was referring to? Was it before or after Amaral's book was launched?

If it was before she could claim the book made her feel that wayl If the book was out at the point of the articles she refers to being printed then it's case closed your Honour.

I think it was before Amaral's book went on sale, haven't got time right now to verify it, but will have a look later.

But as I pointed out I am sure (thought not 100%) that KM does not mention in her book the effect Amaral's book is having on either of them. I would of thought she would of put that in as that would bring out more sympathy from those who believe every word they utter.

Also how are the McCanns going to prove that it was Amaral's book that caused the alleged depression etc., the abduction of your child would cause this.
Ollie

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 24.02.12 15:11

Ollie wrote:
rainbow-fairy wrote:

I need to have a quick look through the bewk again, because I am sure that she hasn't written that herself or Gerry are suffering because of GA's book.

Here's a link to a drug test she took around November 07 to prove she wasn't taking anti depressants.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1570315/Madeleine-McCanns-mother-takes-drug-test.html

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie 24.02.12 15:17

Are the McCanns going to appear and testify at the libel hearing or will written statements or something be read out? Just curious as we know they lied under oath at the LI, so how can they be trusted to tell the truth at the libel trial?
Ollie

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 24.02.12 16:32

I think the 'wild stories' was before the book was out, BUT if she is such a hard-faced bag that the abduction of her daughter doesn't make her mental state fragile (she said its bull**** remember) will any judge REALLY believe a book would do so? Sticks and stones, surely???
Ollie, I sincerely doubt they will appear in court - very risky for them! They seem to have avoided them pretty well thus far. If I was Judge, I'd insist they attend and give evidence, in person. It seems they prefer to sit back and let the (expensive) lawyers do their jobs... All helps the search for Madeleine, don't you know...

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Activity : 2140

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 24.02.12 18:17

I wonder what sort of money in compensation they expect??

I have kept this back until now, I was run over by a person recently who had been drinking. Won't go into details but my foot was crushed and my hip dislocated.

I have had loads of surgery since, some successful and some not. I am physically damaged for the rest of my life.

Let this put things into perspective, I will probably receive (according to my briefs) about 1/5 of what the McCanns and Tapas 7 have got for things written about them, yes just WORDS.

I can't walk very far now, and only drive an automatic vehicle. I wont go into what it has done to my relationships.

I fail to see how things being said about them are more damaging to them than the physical trauma I will have to endure for the rest of my life!!

Pershing36
Pershing36

Activity : 721

Back to top Go down

McCanns v Bennett: 153 alleged breaches reduced to 25  - Page 5 Empty The law can be a right ass

Post by Guest 24.02.12 18:25

I'm sorry to hear of what happened to you, Pershing36. It's not unusual sadly for people to receive ridiculous sums of money as compensation for newspapers printing incorrect things about them, while those whose lives have been physically harmed receive a pittance by comparison.

To add insult to injury, many of the things that the McCanns claim aren't true (and for which they are seeking compensation) quite probably are!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 24.02.12 18:33

Jean wrote:I'm sorry to hear of what happened to you, Pershing36. It's not unusual sadly for people to receive ridiculous sums of money as compensation for newspapers printing incorrect things about them, while those whose lives have been physically harmed receive a pittance by comparison.

To add insult to injury, many of the things that the McCanns claim aren't true (and for which they are seeking compensation) quite probably are!

Thats what annoys me more. I have to prove by medicals, hospital records and interrogations that is what happened.

They don't even turn up and the court drops at there feet. Sickening!

Feel free to copy this to JATYK2 as I know they monitor this thread and discuss why I am am worth 1/5 of any of them!
Pershing36
Pershing36

Activity : 721

Back to top Go down

Post by jay2001 24.02.12 18:46

Pershing - so sorry to hear of your injuries and it just shows how the justice system in this country is now so abysmal. The compensation payments are bizarre, as you say people get more for nasty words printed than for injuries.

Today I'm so appalled by the USA pursuing Chris Tapping and that Teresa May has signed the papers. Yes, I've read that it's all legal and he won't be allowed to have video links with his witnessess they have to appear on American soil. The case just appalls me especially as we're treating Quatada better than Chris Tapping. (Land of the free, home of the brave................)

Back on topic: didn't the Mcdocumentary take place after GA's book was published? It was stated AFAIK that Kate was too fragile to go back to Portugal. So the actress taking her place had her scenes cut. Why? We'll never be told because I think the whole crew etc had to sign confidentiality clauses. Clara B de Mille certainly kept the reporters away from Lisa Donovan in his inimitable style. The 10pm check was played out by Kate at home with a graphic description of the whooshing curtains. IMO she looked totally in control and not at all fragile in that show. And, as others have said the 'disappearance' of your daughter would cause anguish and distress, not the book of the police files.
jay2001

Activity : 121

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 24.02.12 18:52

Pershing McCanns v Bennett: 153 alleged breaches reduced to 25  - Page 5 725573
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 24.02.12 20:04

Pershing, thank you for sharing your situation.

It illustrates how odious "those people" are with their never ending sense of entitlement and superiority.

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel 24.02.12 20:19

Sorry to hear that Pershing, hopefully you will see some recompense, although it takes such a long time. I no longer believe in "what goes around, comes around" as I see such bad things happen to good people and vice versa. I hope a good thing happens to a good person in your case.

I don't like the way things are moving with courts at all. So many are being closed and by coincidence or not, video evidence is being encouraged.

I was listening to a barrister on the radio, who said that video witnessing is a huge disadvantage to the prosecuting lawyer. That I can well believe. He even said he was expected to hear a witness via skype.

In the link I'll post, you'll see how it's considered oh so inconvenient for witnesses to attend court, which is why?? modern technology is being introduced. Just another lazy excuse for this sleeping Nation and cost cutting in the wrong direction by the government imho.

I'd class along with modern technology e.g computers, skype, mobiles etc. Air travel, cars and trains. Business people may cross the Atlantic twice a week to conduct a deal. So is it really such a big deal to request that those in the UK attend the trial in Portugal? Yes, considering in the link having to travel an hour to appear as a witness is rather tiresome. I can only summise that they've been advised that video witnessing is to their advantage.

They have always had time to consult with their lawyer in Portugal before and attend court, but not this time apparently. I wonder why?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-11575186
Spaniel
Spaniel

Activity : 769

Back to top Go down

Post by Kololi 24.02.12 23:08

Pershing36 wrote:I wonder what sort of money in compensation they expect??

I have kept this back until now, I was run over by a person recently who had been drinking. Won't go into details but my foot was crushed and my hip dislocated.

I have had loads of surgery since, some successful and some not. I am physically damaged for the rest of my life.

Let this put things into perspective, I will probably receive (according to my briefs) about 1/5 of what the McCanns and Tapas 7 have got for things written about them, yes just WORDS.

I can't walk very far now, and only drive an automatic vehicle. I wont go into what it has done to my relationships.

I fail to see how things being said about them are more damaging to them than the physical trauma I will have to endure for the rest of my life!!

Ouch!

Sorry to hear of your bad luck and I do hope the drunk driver got the book thrown at him.

Kololi
Kololi

Activity : 687

Back to top Go down

Post by Kololi 24.02.12 23:12

"I don't like the way things are moving with courts at all. So many are being closed and by coincidence or not, video evidence is being encouraged.

I was listening to a barrister on the radio, who said that video witnessing is a huge disadvantage to the prosecuting lawyer. That I can well believe. He even said he was expected to hear a witness via skype.

In the link I'll post, you'll see how it's considered oh so inconvenient for witnesses to attend court, which is why?? modern technology is being introduced. Just another lazy excuse for this sleeping Nation and cost cutting in the wrong direction by the government imho."

Well said Spaniel.

Our country is changing and not always for the better in my very humble opinion.
Kololi
Kololi

Activity : 687

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 25.02.12 2:52

Ollie wrote:
rainbow-fairy wrote:

She's shot herself in the foot then. Team Amaral only has to show to Court this "statement" in her bewk to prove allegations of state of her health and mind are wild stories and complete bollocks - this comes straight from the horse's mouth.
That is NO CASE then. Better take their case back with them and stick it where the sun doesnt shine.

It matters very little whether her remark was made pre or post Amaral's book, because if the lost of her daughter didnt cause her to be depressed and more, how can a book do that?

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 25.02.12 2:59

Pershing82

I am truly sorry to hear about your unfortunate accident - it does seem such an unfair legal system in this country that allows such discrepancies of recompense.

I hope your health improves in the future.

On topic: GA did say he would await Kate's book with anticipation as to what she would reveal.

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 25.02.12 3:10

Pershing,

Keep your spirits up. Hope you getting sorted with proper recompense soon.

Life is so unfair when real victims suffer miscarriage of Justice.

Maddie is good example. She is the victim here, instead her parents are benefiting by cashing in on the back of her name - very sinful blood money. In case CR is reading, it is just my candid opinion.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 25.02.12 4:30

Me wrote:
Kololi wrote:
ShuBob wrote:
rainbow-fairy wrote:
ShuBob wrote:Anyone who admires a person who has actively hindered a police investigation cannot be honest in my opinion.
I'd say Shubob.
How anyone could admire a 'mother' who has 'admitted' to leaving three children under the age of four in an unlocked foreign apartment while they go out on their jollies must be slightly unhinged imo

I can excuse the neglect as a mistake (if you want to call it that cf. Kate) but it's the active hindering of the police investigation for nearly 5 years that I can't excuse. What's admirable about that?

Well Shubob I have not stated that I admire Mrs McCann for either of the reasons that Aiyoyo and Rainbow-fairy mention and nor for the reason that you said. Unlike you, I think the neglect issue was and remains inexcusable when considered with certain factors. I do not however, think that the colour of the shoes she is wearing or whether she is wearing the same cardigan as last time or fancy earrings will remotely help find either Madeleine or the truth of what happened that awful evening. And for carrying on with what she appears to believe in despite having everything, even tosh such as her appearance stuck under the microscope I admire her. Some people might argue that she deserves to be scrutinised for pushing herself into our lives via their media campaign. I suppose I would have to accept that as a fair point but it's a two way street and perhaps Mr Bennett would need to be as accepting as her when people criticise him using the same rationale.

Whether she is right or wrong for doing just that is a matter for people a lot more informed than myself to decide and until they enlighten us all, I will generally continue to hold my own counsel as to what I think may have happened that night.

Well Kate and her husband are claiming in their legal action against both Amaral & TB, that they have and continue to suffer:

"permanent anxiety, insomnia, lack of appetite, irritability and an indefinable fear"

And that Kate McCann is "steeped in a deep and serious depression".

So given the nature of those serious libel claims (which will require proving) it is entirely right that people should comment on her appearance and demeanour to determine if those serious accusations are in fact true.

Here’s the “banned” picture from Holland:

McCanns v Bennett: 153 alleged breaches reduced to 25  - Page 5 Mccann10

Doesn’t look much like deep and serious depression to me.

No wonder it was banned!

People's criticism about for her vanity - hair root, clothes & accessories coordination, jogging and what not - all in contrary to normal behavior of a mum with freshly missing child, is perhaps not unjustified.
No devastated and grieving mum in that sort of circumstances has the time of day for herself, let alone worry what people would say about her physical appearance or the lack of maintenance of that.
It's not a matter that she can hold her head high despite those kind criticisms. She's so selfish and narcissistic that she probably she doesn't understand it's abnormal to think of herself above dire circumstances of a missing child. A psychologist will probably attest that sort of behavior demonstrates a character flaw. One that those afflicted with it fail to recognize it as a character flaw hence the inherent trait within them, let alone understand the rationale behind people's criticism. Someone who can admire a person with a selfish narcissistic personality is shallow to say the least.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 25.02.12 6:47

aiyoyo , don't forget the diary; where is states she is sleeping well within a week of 3/5.

In the bewk is another snippet about how Kate can't believe she will never be able to laugh in public anymore.
the there is a video where they are smiling broadly just before they sit down for the interview and change to miserable in a split second.
Both for Tony and Amaral, we could collect these together in one topic?

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 25.02.12 16:42

tigger wrote:aiyoyo , don't forget the diary; where is states she is sleeping well within a week of 3/5.

In the bewk is another snippet about how Kate can't believe she will never be able to laugh in public anymore.
the there is a video where they are smiling broadly just before they sit down for the interview and change to miserable in a split second.

Oh dear.........how fun for her and how funny for us!
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashwarya 25.02.12 18:57

That is dreadful news, Pershing, and I am so sorry. The law in this country is an absolute disgrace, with celebs (including McCanns) getting shedloads of money without even bothering to attend court, and being believed, and genuine hard-up victims of criminal behaviour getting virtually nothing and having to jump through every conceivable hoop to get peanuts. I sincerely hope you get something approaching what you need and deserve, and that you see the criminal driver banged up for a very long time. I won't be holding my breath though.

I have lawyers in my immediate family, and I would be truly ashamed if they were acting like the ones at Carter Ruck and ruining the lives of decent people in order to enrich even more their celebrity clients and also themselves.
Ashwarya
Ashwarya

Activity : 162

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 26.02.12 15:33

aiyoyo wrote:
tigger wrote:aiyoyo , don't forget the diary; where is states she is sleeping well within a week of 3/5.

Oh dear.........how fun for her and how funny for us!

This is a snippet from Kate's diary taken from mccanfiles.com (with thanks)

http://mccannfiles.com/id166.html

MONDAY, MAY 14: I slept well last night after a not very good end of the day, frustration with the FLO (Portuguese police family liaison officer) asking me where would my little M be.

I got up at 06.50. I dealt with some trifles and got myself ready for the statement to the press at 08.00.

I tried to put on a slightly more presentable and "healthy" air. Gerry again gave a great performance.

Following on we answered about four questions. I almost responded to the first one asking how we were, but I didn't. I did answer a question on our possible return home. I replied that obviously I didn't even think about that. Anyway, it seemed to have gone well. After breakfast and our having left S and A, (twins Sean and Amelie, then aged two) we went to church to pray in silence. Very good, calming.

After getting back I decided to go running—for the first time since THE day (already 11 days ago). I knew that it was going to be physically difficult, but I also knew that I wasn't going to give up, because it was for Madeleine and also because the level of pain is far higher now.

No cameras or journalists, which was great. I went running towards the beach and then along it and again climbed that hill so steep —without stopping! (I carried a photo of M in my hand to keep me going.) On the last hill past the tennis courts my legs completely weak, but I managed to keep myself walking. I managed to reach the apartment then time to stop—to think—I felt really quite calm.

Now that is one hell of a constitution IMO.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13387

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 26.02.12 16:49

I find it ever-so-telling how Kate says she feels she will never be able to laugh again - in public. If anything happened to either of my boys, my reaction would be the same - if you drop the two bolded words! 'In public' - those two words alone show Kate for the narcissist she is. Cares more about the public perception of her than anything else.
Of course, we can't say for certain how we'd react in that situation, but I'm damned sure I would never want to laugh again, anywhere. But the McCanns are different, aren't they? We know that. We have the 'true colours' video, and then there are the witness statements saying Kate was walking through PdL with a friend, 'laughing like a drain' within days of the 'abduction'. Gerry on the patio, laughing and playing the clown. And NOW, for her bewk its 'I'll never laugh in public' and for the compo writs she goes as far as 'steeped in a serious depression'. Er, yeh, ok...
As far as appearance in court, absolutely they should go. They'll be happy to take the £££'s should they win (and I'll be amazed if they do) so the least they can do is have the guts to stand in front of the man whose life they have set out to systematically destroy. They truly make me sick.

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Activity : 2140

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 26.02.12 17:05

the video I think you refer to shows the opposite......perfectly serious and sad faced then when removing mics after it is over they share a joke. maybe just nerves, maybe a feeling of relief...or maybe a demonstration that what went before it was a facade.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVUnMtW9ciI

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top