The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Are Carter-Ruck the most generous lawyers in the U.K.? - Page 2 Mm11

Are Carter-Ruck the most generous lawyers in the U.K.? - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Are Carter-Ruck the most generous lawyers in the U.K.? - Page 2 Mm11

Are Carter-Ruck the most generous lawyers in the U.K.? - Page 2 Regist10

Are Carter-Ruck the most generous lawyers in the U.K.?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Are Carter-Ruck the most generous lawyers in the U.K.? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are Carter-Ruck the most generous lawyers in the U.K.?

Post by sharonl 02.11.11 23:18

thinking The masonic benevolent fund?

Tony

If Carter were providing services on favourable terms to one client, whether at a excessive discount or free of charge, would the law society frown upon this as perhaps a potential conflict of interest? Surely, there is some law society ruling on the charging of fees?
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11200

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Are Carter-Ruck the most generous lawyers in the U.K.? - Page 2 Empty It ain't the McCanns, and it ain't Carter-Ruck

Post by Tony Bennett 02.11.11 23:32

sharonl wrote: Are Carter-Ruck the most generous lawyers in the U.K.? - Page 2 234726 The masonic benevolent fund?

Tony

If Carter were providing services on favourable terms to one client, whether at a excessive discount or free of charge, would the Law Society frown upon this as perhaps a potential conflict of interest? Surely, there is some Law Society ruling on the charging of fees?

The Law Society have got this base quite well covered. Unless the case is wholly exceptional, a lawyer does not have to disclose who is funding him. For example, a wealthy father might be paying the legal fees of his impoverished son.

The Madeleine McCann case is of course wholly exceptional in so many ways.

Look at the list of two dozen or so libel actions (on this forum) that the McCanns have launched or thought about launching.

Then consider how much they have had to pay in legal fees to pursue Goncalo Amaral for libel for 2.5 years.

On top of that consider that they have now been ordered to pay some of Goncalo Amaral's legal costs.

Think about how much it's costing for someone to view this forum and copy potentially libellous posts, day after day after flippn' day.

Then pause and reflect on the fact that Carter-Ruck have openly said on the record that not one penny of their costs has ever been paid from Madeleine's Fund, although the McCanns and the Fund's Directors admit that some of the public's money has indeed gone on 'legal costs' (obviously not to Cartert-Ruck ,then!).

Finally, take stock of Dr Kate McCann's declaration that she and her husband have always wanted the Fund to be as [quote] 'transparent' as possible.

I'd like to suggest the transaprency should begin by the McCanns and their lawyers Bates Wells & Braithwaite and Carter Ruck explaining exactly who is covering the McCanns' mammoth legal costs - because it ain't the McCanns, and it ain't Carter-Ruck.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Are Carter-Ruck the most generous lawyers in the U.K.? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are Carter-Ruck the most generous lawyers in the U.K.?

Post by jd 03.11.11 0:14

Tony I think the exact same as you have said here, word for word. Anyone with half a brain would think the same as it is so true

Sometimes in life when you get deeply involved in something it is easy to miss the obvious or to see things clearly, but if we take ourselves out of this scam and look at it from carter rucks interest without any preconceived ideas or emotions... They are one of the biggest libel companies in the world and their reputation has many people running scared at the mere mention of them, all high profile people use them and only such rich people can afford their services. So, why are they even interested in giving their services for free to the McCanns? Why do they need to and why do they need to be involved? what is their motive? Its not going to give them any more prestige PR than they are already enjoying so there is another reason. They are in business and business do not give their services for free because of their emotions, and the Mccanns are not the first or exclusive in having their child disappear. So why this one in particular? The first rule in the 21st century and the cut throat world we live in, is nobody but nobody ever gives anything for free unless they are family or very close friends. So if carter ruck are not family or close friends to the Mccanns then there has to be another reason. Why are they spending an awful lot of hours, resources and associated costs watching a forum on the internet? At the end of the day it is only a forum and it is not making headline news

I don't believe for one second they are giving their services for free like they are angels. Total garbage. You see from the way they do their business they are anything but angels, this is not their DNA. I don't think the McCanns are their real clients, they are just the public face. Someone (and I strongly suspect who) is paying them behind the scenes. I use the term 'people' as there are more than one involved, people have instructed them to watch this forum so closely because of one reason...they are scared of the truth being discovered. If for arguments sake the Mccann story is true, then would anyone involved be the slightest bit concerned if there is a forum debating and questioning the story. Of course not, you would only be interested to the lengths carter ruck have gone to for one reason....scared of the truth coming out. Lets not forget they even got Amazon to ban a book from a criminal profiler on the other side of the world, who and so very clearly stated almost on every page that it was only a theory based on the facts, and even more that the theory was trying at every angle to support the Mccann story from all that they said and gave in police statements. If the story was true, why would you even make an effort to get this book banned. When you know you are right with the truth it does not matter what anyone says, and you only go to the lengths these 'people' have if you are scared about something coming out that will expose you

I have never seen anywhere a business company go to the extraordinary lengths carter ruck have gone to with the Mccanns in any industry or walk of life, this is very highly unusual and unheard of in business. I don't believe it is carter ruck on a personal agenda, there are people instructing them to use their full force of power. If we were to look at the Funds (??) accounts, I don't think we would see any transactions between the Fund and carter ruck, I'd be gobsmacked if we did. The people paying them are doing so privately and probably losing the paper trail through a multitude of sub companies under different expenses and names and know how to lose and disguise payments. If there is one thing the instruction of carter ruck has proved, its that there are people petrified of being exposed with the truth and with all the things carter ruck have done they have proven this beyond any reasonable doubt

SharonL in answer to your question " It would be a bit odd though, if CR operated this scheme for clients who preferred to avoid the courtroom and rely on out of court settlements."...if you look at the history of carter ruck this is exactly how they are employed. They rarely go to court but use their reputation which scares 9 out of 10 people to comply at a headed letter

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by listener 03.11.11 0:52

The phrases "transparency" and "behind the scenes" conflict badly.

And they would not be a part of my language, had I 'lost' a child
listener
listener

Activity : 681

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 03.11.11 3:33

listener wrote:The phrases "transparency" and "behind the scenes" conflict badly.

And they would not be a part of my language, had I 'lost' a child

Precisely! smilie
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Willo 03.11.11 4:06

Quote : Adam Tudor and his colleagues [at Carter-Ruck] continue to do a vast amount of work for us, without payment, most of it quietly, behind the scenes…”

I think an apostrophe has been misplaced. Only most of it was without payment.

Adam Tudor and his colleagues [at Carter-Ruck] continue to do a vast amount of work for us, without payment most of it, quietly, behind the scenes…”

Willo
Willo

Activity : 157

Back to top Go down

Post by happychick 03.11.11 8:06

Crazytony on JATYK forum seems to be implying that it's him who is monitoring this forum for Carter Ruck which would explain the amount of hours logged on. Does he work for Carter ruck or is he just monitoring pro bono as he states?

http://jatyk2.forumotion.co.uk/t675p15-oh-dear-super-researcher-bennett-cocks-up-again#18443
happychick
happychick

Activity : 503

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 03.11.11 8:16

Are Carter-Ruck the most generous lawyers in the U.K.? - Page 2 Cr_5_110

It's possible, I suppose, that Tony Winters works for Carter Ruck and is doing all the photocopying etc.

But Tony 'crazytony' Winters doesn't use a Carter Ruck ISP when he visits here and neither does Bonnybraes or Sans Souci, although they obviously do take screenshots which they say are passed to Carter Ruck.

The screenshot above is only one of many that I have which logs Carter Ruck's visits here which Kate McCann reckons is done without payment.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41873

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 03.11.11 8:22

Willo wrote:Quote : Adam Tudor and his colleagues [at Carter-Ruck] continue to do a vast amount of work for us, without payment, most of it quietly, behind the scenes…”

Adam Tudor and his colleagues [at Carter-Ruck] continue to do a vast amount of work for us, without payment most of it, quietly, behind the scenes…”

So, kate would have us believed that CR charged them selectively for selective works only, with the bulk of it done FREE.....how noble of CR! Err...why quietly, behind the scenes?

A formidable law firm doing the bulk of work for them quietly (according to kate) and a benefactor paying for the rest also quietly (accordingly implied by CR) .....hmmm... nothing fishy in that yeah? is that pig flying past?

I noticed that, CR in his letter to TB, had stated that rhey were not paid "from the fund" and not that they were not paid at all meaning in other words they were paid 'but just not from the fund"...so by deduction mccanns benefactor must have paid them since kate also states in her book they didn't have to pay a penny to CR (nothing out of their (mccanns) own pocket presumably).

A benevolent benefactor supporting the search for Maddie is one thing, but how does paying for mccanns' complex llegal defence costs for lawyers to issue threatening letters, sue people, and to read the forum contribute to or constitute support for the search for Madeleine? Is Maddie to be found among the pages of litigation documents, warning or threatening letters?

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 03.11.11 8:24

Willo wrote:Quote : Adam Tudor and his colleagues [at Carter-Ruck] continue to do a vast amount of work for us, without payment, most of it quietly, behind the scenes…”

You may have meant a missing comma, Willo. Your quote in blue is inaccurate in two respects, a comma comes after payment, exactly as I said in the OP, and there is no comma after it:

"Adam Tudor and his colleagues [at Carter-Ruck] continue to do a vast amount of work for us, without payment, most of it quietly, behind the scenes…”

There is also, two pages earlier, a reference to suing the media for libel (p. 288):

"Adam and his partner [unnamed - T.B.] agreed to take on the case on a no-win, no fee basis and that certainly made our decisuon a lot easier. The thought of having to spend potentially hundreds of thousands of pounds to get justice would have been a major deterrent".
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 03.11.11 8:33

Get 'em Gonçalo wrote:Are Carter-Ruck the most generous lawyers in the U.K.? - Page 2 Cr_5_110

It's possible, I suppose, that Tony Winters works for Carter Ruck and is doing all the photocopying etc.

But Tony 'crazytony' Winters doesn't use a Carter Ruck ISP when he visits here and neither does Bonnybraes or Sans Souci, although they obviously do take screenshots which they say are passed to Carter Ruck.

The screenshot above is only one of many that I have which logs Carter Ruck's visits here which Kate McCann reckons is done without payment.

Hmmm, 19 hours, 16 minutes and 10 seconds, with much of it focussing on one 'Tony Bennett'. I suspect I may be getting another letter from Carter-Ruck sometime soon.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Are Carter-Ruck the most generous lawyers in the U.K.? - Page 2 Empty Carter Ruck do ALL their work for the McCanns FREE OF CHARGE

Post by Tony Bennett 03.11.11 8:36

aiyoyo wrote:

So, Kate would have us believe that CR charged them selectively for selective works only...
No, aiyoyo, that's incorrect, Willo put two commas in the wrong place (see my earlier post today). The quote in Dr Kate Mccann's book is crystal clear: ALL the help provided by Carter-Ruck to the McCanns is being given 'without payment'.

Remember also that Dr Kate McCann said her book is 'very truthful'.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 03.11.11 8:37

Get 'em Gonçalo wrote:Are Carter-Ruck the most generous lawyers in the U.K.? - Page 2 Cr_5_110

Which leaves one wondering whether CR hired 'foreigners' to sit in their office and monitor fora and pay them cheaply on the black?
Otherwise how do they justify to their paying client (in the case client's benefactor) $1200/hour plus VAT? Even if on a generous discount to VIP mccanns that would still amount to plenty wasteful spendings ...just to watch what people have to say about them and their chummies.

Anyway what kind of people would pay that kind of $ to have law firm monitor screens on their behalf - would it be people who are fruitcakes or people with something hideous to hide or both. The very clients who instructed law firm to monitor unwanted bad publicity about them in the public arena vis a vis fora are hoisting their own petard b/c their monitoring behaving is bad publicity attractant.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 03.11.11 8:51

Tony Bennett wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:

So, Kate would have us believe that CR charged them selectively for selective works only...
No, aiyoyo, that's incorrect, Willo put two commas in the wrong place (see my earlier post today). The quote in Dr Kate Mccann's book is crystal clear: ALL the help provided by Carter-Ruck to the McCanns is being given 'without payment'
'
On dear, which means kate was definitely lying (AGAIN) since CR didn't state categorically that they weren't paid at all - just not paid from the Fund. In other words, they were paid!
Otherwise wouldn't it be simplier to state they work for no fees, ie FOC.

Well if the mccanns pay nothing and the payment didnt come from the Fund as CR stated, a benevolent benefactor must have covered CR fees. From personal experience no law firm ask their clients who will fund their fees nor do they care so long as they get paid on time. So by implication, it may be correct to assume CR is personal or intimate wiith the mccanns to know the in and out of the running of the Fund. Either that, or they knew who paid their fees b/c the cheques would bear account holder's name.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 03.11.11 8:55

Tony Bennett wrote:

Hmmm, 19 hours, 16 minutes and 10 seconds, with much of it focussing on one 'Tony Bennett'. I suspect I may be getting another letter from Carter-Ruck sometime soon.

blimey 19 hours + at 1200/hour plus vat....who's paying for that? Only one person we know so far has pledged publicly undying and unlimited support for the mccanns and he's not short of a few bobs. Question is why did he do it? Who are the mccanns to him?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 03.11.11 8:58

Tony Bennett wrote:

Hmmm, 19 hours, 16 minutes and 10 seconds, with much of it focussing on one 'Tony Bennett'.

Wow! 19 hours spent on one day monitoring one person and one forum......This is beggars belief and seriously they are running scared of the truth coming out to go to this level, this is past extreme & desperation

Back to top Go down

Are Carter-Ruck the most generous lawyers in the U.K.? - Page 2 Empty JD wrote:

Post by tigger 03.11.11 9:03

JD wrote: quote

I don't believe for one second they are giving their services for free like they are angels. Total garbage. You see from the way they do their business they are anything but angels, this is not their DNA. I don't think the McCanns are their real clients, they are just the public face. Someone (and I strongly suspect who) is paying them behind the scenes. I use the term 'people' as there are more than one involved, people have instructed them to watch this forum so closely because of one reason...they are scared of the truth being discovered. If for arguments sake the Mccann story is true, then would anyone involved be the slightest bit concerned if there is a forum debating and questioning the story. unquote

I'm really cheered up by the fact we are bleeding money from some big boys, even if it is going to Carter Ruck getting a work-experience tot to scan the fora. Right, if we add a few languages they will have to fork out for translators? Anybody Welsh out there? I can do French and Dutch.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 03.11.11 9:16

I can do Klingon!

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 03.11.11 12:28

At what point do the actions of solicitors change from offering legal advice and assistance into being part of a conspiracy ?
At what point do actions turn from simple monitoring into stalking and harassment ?
At what point do otherwise decent people accept the thirty pieces of silver ?
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16602

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 03.11.11 12:57

Peter Carter Ruck?....hmm...is that senior partner at CR I wonder?
Who the hell is Peter Carter Ruck that he has plenty leisure hours (more than 19 to be precise) to be glued to this forum? Hasn't he anything better to do, or is it all the same to him what work his client wants him to do, so long as he's paid the rate he charges? hmmm...bewilding...

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 03.11.11 13:03

PeterMac wrote:At what point do the actions of solicitors change from offering legal advice and assistance into being part of a conspiracy ?
At what point do actions turn from simple monitoring into stalking and harassment ?
At what point do otherwise decent people accept the thirty pieces of silver ?

To start with, do 'decent' people ever accept thirty pieces of silver?

Or, do you mean even 'otherwise' decent people can suddenly become crooks for no rum of a reason? Or must there be a reason, so in this case, what could be the reason/s?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 03.11.11 13:09

I really don't get it. I've never seen the likes of this on any other forum. Why this forum? Why target Tony Bennett in this way? What are they so scared, nervous about? Look anywhere on the internet and you'll see hundreds of thousands of blatant libelous articles/statements against people a lot more important than the McCanns.

A prime example is David Icke and his forum (not to his mention books!) which regularly accuses the Queen, Queen mother, other members of royality, presidents, prime ministers and a whole host of other members of the 'elite' of being involved in the satanic abuse of children and adults. Yes, Mr Icke has made himself a very wealthy man by making these sensational and defamatory claims, with no action to silence him from these extremely wealthy, famous & powerful people. It does not make any sense whatsover!

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Activity : 1312

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 03.11.11 13:59

Daisy wrote:I really don't get it. I've never seen the likes of this on any other forum. Why this forum? Why target Tony Bennett in this way? What are they so scared, nervous about? Look anywhere on the internet and you'll see hundreds of thousands of blatant libelous articles/statements against people a lot more important than the McCanns.

A prime example is David Icke and his forum (not to his mention books!) which regularly accuses the Queen, Queen mother, other members of royality, presidents, prime ministers and a whole host of other members of the 'elite' of being involved in the satanic abuse of children and adults. Yes, Mr Icke has made himself a very wealthy man by making these sensational and defamatory claims, with no action to silence him from these extremely wealthy, famous & powerful people. It does not make any sense whatsover!

Oh, but it makes perfect sense to the mccanns. What's the whole blinking point of a 'fighting fund' if not to fight off people who are thorns in their eyes? Not that they use the fighting fund to pay CR (b/c CR confirmed that) but they've to fight nonetheless - it's about salvaging tattered credibility! And, note none of those people you listed - the queen, queen's mum, presidents, prime ministers et al have tattered credibility problem - well ....not same level as the mccanns anyway - well...not the same allegedly criminal related level, not as in satanic abuse of children and adults, but more satanically serious than that.

And, btw the mccanns are VIPs, more so than those people you listed - at least by CR reckoning. Look how CR especially singled them out, accorded them preferential treatment and worked their butt off for them without payment - nearly twenty hours of work today according to their ISP.
So to the thread's question of whether CR are the most generous lawyers in UK..well the mccanns certainly believed so and kate said so in her bewk!
Can anyone imagine twenty hours of work from a high-end lawyer that they don't have to pay a penny for! Hmmm...Cant help wondering does Peter Carter Ruck have toilet break at all?

Dont know who's more paranoid - the mccanns, the payer/s of CR's fees, or CR themselves? Or all of them?

The burning question : What are all of them afraid of?
The burning answer : Tony Bennett.
The $64M question: Why?
If that is a "Who wants to be a millionaire" question, no one would have won the million as no one is allowed to utter the reason, or the million if won will quickly go to CR's pocket.

Isn't is so laughable the mccanns fear no authority, media, press, police, law enforcers, no body apparently, except TB (a nobody to them apparently - sorry TB!).

Oh, and they fear Amaral, worst than they fear the dogs. Isn't that SO laughable yet it was the dogs who didn't spare them when they signalled out mccanns' cadaver-scented belongings. They can fight every two-legged but for all the fund they hold they can't fight the power of the four-legged. Isn't it ironic?

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 03.11.11 14:18

Aiyoyo, Peter Carter Ruck is the man who founded the law firm. He's dead now, so it's definitely not him monitoring the forum big grin

It is Isabel Hudson who monitors the forum.

The screenshot I posted earlier is just one of many - that screenshot showed their longest visit. For a fair few months Carter Ruck visited this forum every day without fail (except weekends) sometimes they visited here more than once a day. Their last visit was 6 days ago so maybe their work here is done.

Rhodes on JATYK said this: "they've got themselves in a tizz that someone from Carter Ruck was on their forum for 19 hours. Are they mad? Someone has gone for a look and hasn't shut the page------------what a bunch of useless amateur nuttahs they all are"

The settings on this forum are set so that if someone is online but doesn't post or refresh the page then they are automatically disconnected after 60 minutes so it's not the case that Isabel Hudson looked at this forum and didn't shut the page and therefore we are not a "bunch of useless amateur nuttahs".

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Activity : 41873

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.11.11 15:12

I wonder if Carter Ruck are being paid by the Government, to keep the Government out of the McCann investigation? Are Carter-Ruck the most generous lawyers in the U.K.? - Page 2 110921
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top