The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Missing children in Portugal 2010

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Missing children in Portugal 2010

Post by Guest on 11.08.11 13:43

Don't see any swarthy abductors mentioned............................




41 children went missing last year,

10 August 2011

41 children went missing last year Público




31 girls and 10 boys went missing last year


SOS-Criança [SOS-Children] report

10.08.2011 - 22:27 For Lusa
With thanks to Astro for translation

SOS-Criança has signalled 41 missing children [in Portugal] in 2010. Most of them ran away from home, but there were also parental abductions and flights from institutions. Some went missing for less than two days, others for over a year.

A report from SOS-Criança, an organization that was created in 1989 by the Child Support Institute (Instituto de Apoio à Criança) reveals that most of the children that disappeared last year had run away from home (25), but there were also 10 cases that were parental abductions and another six situations where the children fled from the institutions where they were staying. Ten children were missing for less than two days and another seven for less than one week.

The report further indicates that in five cases, the child managed to remain out of contact for one to two weeks, and three children disappeared for two to three weeks. Three minors ran away for three to four weeks and another two remained unaccounted for a period over one month. In three cases, the minors disappeared for over half a year, and in four cases, for over nine months. The report further indicates that three minors remained missing for over one year.

Most of these children had someone "waiting for them": 12 were with a parent, 16 with companions or friends and five with their siblings. Fifteen minors ended up returning "home" on their own, while in six situations it was the family or police (six times) that cleared the case. "Two children did not want to return home/to the institution, and nine have an open process", the report mentions, indicating that 12 of the "missing" were repeat situations.

Concerning parental abductions, in 13 cases the parents were still married, eight were divorced, six were separated, and there were also two cases of people living together or single. The civil situation of the parents of nine missing children remains unknown until now.

Family conflicts are the most common motive for runaways

Family conflicts were the main motive for running away, followed by the internet and the influence of friends. "Domestic violence was responsible for four disappearances and abuse was responsible in three cases". The report further points out cases of psychiatric illness, neglect, behavioural problems, dating and even the story of a minor who ran away to attend a concert.

Last year, 31 girls and 10 boys disappeared, and most of the cases take place near the weekend: 11 on a Friday, seven on a Thursday and another five cases on a Monday. As far as ages are concerned, there is no pattern: last year, two children aged two and six children aged three, five, six, seven, ten and eleven, but also five 16-year-olds and four 17-year-olds.

Most of them lived in Lisbon (11). In Évora and Bragança, four minor went missing in each of the regions. Setúbal, Braga, Coimbra, Faro, Leiria, Viseu, Santarém and Aveiro also registered cases.

In most of the situations, the alert was given by the family, but there were also eleven flights that were denounced by the community, and seven by professionals from institutions that are related to children. In two cases, the "fugitives" themselves contacted the SOS-Missing Child services.

Eight denunciations arrived at the SOS services by e-mail, while the other 33 arrived by phone, the report reveals, further indicating that the Missing Children Service has already signalled 318 cases over the years. Last year, there were 41 cases, half of what was registered in 2009, when the services signalled 88 missing children.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id232.html


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Missing children in Portugal 2010

Post by PeterMac on 27.08.11 16:47

The 2010 report on children missing in Portugal.
http://www.jn.pt/PaginaInicial/Sociedade/Interior.aspx?content_id=1949922

SOS Criança sinalizou 41 crianças desaparecidas em 2010
SOS Criança reports 41 children missing in 2010
2011-08-10
SNIP
"A maioria das crianças que desapareceu no ano passado tinha fugido de casa (25), mas também houve 10 casos em que se tratou de raptos parentais e outras seis situações em que os menores fugiram das instituições onde estavam ... "
The majority of children who went missing during the last year ran away from home (25), then there were 10 cases of parental abduction, and the other 6 situations were of minors who ran away from the institutions where they were

25 + 10 + 6 = 41

No of children taken by predatory Pae**** = 0
No of children taken by childless couples = 0
No of children stolen for trafficking across the world via Barcelona and hyper-speed yachts = 0

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing children in Portugal 2010

Post by IAmNotMerylStreep on 27.08.11 17:15

It just goes to show how very unlucky the McCanns were huh? winkwink

IAmNotMerylStreep

Posts : 194
Reputation : 27
Join date : 2011-05-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing children in Portugal 2010

Post by Marian on 27.08.11 17:19

Yes, together with their knack for choosing less than effective private investigators, the McCanns have been so unlucky!

Marian

Posts : 1147
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2010-12-19
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing children in Portugal 2010

Post by Guest on 27.08.11 17:25

A thread already with same title Peter on Aug 11th, so have merged the two. thumbsup

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Missing children in Portugal 2010

Post by Ollie on 27.08.11 17:26

Not totally unlucky, they seem to have been able to pick the best libel lawyers in the country.

Ollie

Posts : 262
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing children in Portugal 2010

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 27.08.11 18:04

And this illustrates exactly why many tens of thousands, if not millions of people to not feel comfortable with the "abduction" theory.



I remember early on when Gerry said that an abduction of the type they alledgedly suffered was in the order of millions to one, and therefore statistically non-exsistent, feeling thoroughly frustrated that they would not consider any other option. Now, as a doctor who's mind must be wired pretty logically and scientifically, why would you ONLY consider an option that is the most unlikely under the circumstances? Coupled with the proclamation that a nearly four year old could not possibly wake and wander which every parent knows is patently not true (unless the Mc's care to tell us precisely why they were so sure).



You then got the whole "it wasn't due to her being left alone, I know it happened under other circumstances". Well if the babies had not been left alone then a predator would not have established that there were babies left there to be taken!! If the abduction happened, then the fact the babes were alone was the ONLY factor which would have allowed it to happen.



And then you have the "ridiculous, ludicrous, hurtful and unhelpful" suspicion that it could have been the parents. After all there is a 96% chance that it was if you want to be scientific about it all. So, do you expect rational, sane people to believe Madeleine's disappearance was down to a statistically near impossible incident that has not one single piece of evidence to support it, or err on the side of a 96% chance that the unmentionable was the case? That appears to have a certain amount of circumstantial corroboration to it, if the police files are anything to go by? Hmmm, go figure. As none of the big questions have been answered to clarify or rectify any "misconceptions" I'm afraid good 'ole Carter Ruck will be busy for a long time. Because people have the absolute right to believe and discuss something which is so rammed full of bizarre elements and which has been given more publicity, funds and Portugese tax payers money than any other case. Which apparently the Mc's feel is tantamount to nothing.





I had already formed my opinion within the first moment of hearing the story that a bunch of doctors had left babies alone at night and nothing will EVER shift my view on that particular matter. I found it quite an affront when it was suggested that it was responsible. It is not, nor ever will be OK to do such a thing, ever.

Smokeandmirrors
Moderator

Posts : 2428
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-07-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing children in Portugal 2010

Post by littlepixie on 27.08.11 20:24

"Well if the babies had not been left alone then a predator would not
have established that there were babies left there to be taken!! If the
abduction happened, then the fact the babes were alone was the ONLY
factor which would have allowed it to happen.
"

The "leaving the children alone" in my opinion is their alibi. They want us to think that whatever happened, happened when they weren't there - so nothing to do with them. That is why they have relentlessly drummed the fact that the children were left alone into every interview they ever did. I think the ony time those children were left without adult supervision was the few moments it took Kate McCann to run down to the Tapas Bar.

littlepixie

Posts : 1340
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-11-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing children in Portugal 2010

Post by PeterMac on 27.08.11 21:06

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:I remember early on when Gerry said that an abduction of the type they alledgedly suffered was in the order of millions to one, and therefore statistically non-exsistent, feeling thoroughly frustrated that they would not consider any other option. Now, as a doctor who's mind must be wired pretty logically and scientifically, why would you ONLY consider an option that is the most unlikely under the circumstances?
Spot on. Doctors, Police officers and Fire investigators and indeed all other professionals are trained to start with the usual, and only after the elimination of everthing else, to move to the unusual. Doctors are known to cause harm to their immediate families by this approach.
Doctor's small child complains of 'tummy ache'. Natural parental reaction - go to the toilet.
Still got tummy ache - Go to bed. It will be OK in the morning.
2 am vomits, still got tummy ache - reaction, clean up and put back to bed.
4 am projectile vomiting down the stairs - Ambulance - emergency appendicectomy - (retrocaecal), ICU for 2 days

(This is a case history from my own family !)
This is what they do.
They work from the normal and mundane and humdrum up to the strange and peculiar. Not the other way round.

Missing child - Has hidden herself as a joke;
has moved and fallen asleep somewhere else;
has wandered off;
has had an accident within the curtilage;
has been taken in by a neighbour, friend or Tapasnik;
has gone out into the road and been found and is being looked after by local person;
has gone out into the road and been found by and being looked after by Police;
has gone out onto the road and been hit by passing car and is now in hospital - - - - - - and so on.

BTW - (Did anyone ever ring the hospital ?) Could Madeleine still be there, on the ICU ? An unknown little girl with head injuries ? Stupid question, but is there evidence in the files that the McCanns even considered that option ? 31 instances of 'hospital' in the book. All Me, Me, Me, babies, Me, IVF, Me, Us, Me, Gerry, Me

THERE IS NO MENTION THAT THEY CONTACTED THE LOCAL HOSPITAL THAT NIGHT.
Any reason why not ?
What we get, from D-Day, H-Hour, M-Moment is ABDUCTION by STRANGER.



____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing children in Portugal 2010

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 27.08.11 22:16

littlepixie - the idea that the children were not actually alone is a new one on me, one i only heard about on here, joining recently. Hasn't had time to compute yet! Not sure I can get that one just yet TBH, what with Mrs Fenns statement, and I believe that they were self oriented enough to do it. But I certainly would not oppose the theory as the reasoning for it is sound. Need to chew it over - 4yrs of going over and over this drives one quite dotty!



PeterMac - exactly! No logic to it at all hence why the adament approach put so many people off from the start. Adament about having it all their own way on every issue. There are few people who would see it as their business to dictate proceedings. Imagine a patient of G's telling him how to do his job? I would have thought under normal circumstances police/doctors/lawyers etc would have a mutual respect for the others profession.



But then again, nothing has ever appeared to be normal/logical/rational about all this. If one was to write a list of all the anomalies or things that make you go "ooh!" it would fill volumes.

Smokeandmirrors
Moderator

Posts : 2428
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-07-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing children in Portugal 2010

Post by littlepixie on 28.08.11 0:01

IMO Mrs Fenn didnt know who was in the flat when Madeleine was crying.

littlepixie

Posts : 1340
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-11-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing children in Portugal 2010

Post by Daisy on 28.08.11 16:27

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:And this illustrates exactly why many tens of thousands, if not millions of people to not feel comfortable with the "abduction" theory.



I remember early on when Gerry said that an abduction of the type they alledgedly suffered was in the order of millions to one, and therefore statistically non-exsistent, feeling thoroughly frustrated that they would not consider any other option. Now, as a doctor who's mind must be wired pretty logically and scientifically, why would you ONLY consider an option that is the most unlikely under the circumstances? Coupled with the proclamation that a nearly four year old could not possibly wake and wander which every parent knows is patently not true (unless the Mc's care to tell us precisely why they were so sure).



You then got the whole "it wasn't due to her being left alone, I know it happened under other circumstances". Well if the babies had not been left alone then a predator would not have established that there were babies left there to be taken!! If the abduction happened, then the fact the babes were alone was the ONLY factor which would have allowed it to happen.



And then you have the "ridiculous, ludicrous, hurtful and unhelpful" suspicion that it could have been the parents. After all there is a 96% chance that it was if you want to be scientific about it all. So, do you expect rational, sane people to believe Madeleine's disappearance was down to a statistically near impossible incident that has not one single piece of evidence to support it, or err on the side of a 96% chance that the unmentionable was the case? That appears to have a certain amount of circumstantial corroboration to it, if the police files are anything to go by? Hmmm, go figure. As none of the big questions have been answered to clarify or rectify any "misconceptions" I'm afraid good 'ole Carter Ruck will be busy for a long time. Because people have the absolute right to believe and discuss something which is so rammed full of bizarre elements and which has been given more publicity, funds and Portugese tax payers money than any other case. Which apparently the Mc's feel is tantamount to nothing.





I had already formed my opinion within the first moment of hearing the story that a bunch of doctors had left babies alone at night and nothing will EVER shift my view on that particular matter. I found it quite an affront when it was suggested that it was responsible. It is not, nor ever will be OK to do such a thing, ever.

Brilliant post smokeandmirrors, you sum it up so well. How anyone reading that can still believe the official 'story' is beyond me.

____________________
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”   

Unknown


“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

Posts : 1245
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Yorkshire, England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing children in Portugal 2010

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 28.08.11 17:44

Thank you Daisy.



I would like to add at this point that having followed this story for four years, and forming impressions from all that I have had the time to read (which is a lot but by no means all), I feel it is imperitive to always have an open mind regardless of how unlikely something appears. Much has been said about the media being silenced, the backers the McCanns have and an implication that everything has been engineered their way, and all the surrounding theories and chatter as to why this could be. Goodness knows the dissection this case has had, it must be the most thoroughly examined event in recent history, so many people determined to root it all out.



Obviously there are two main camps, those who think that an abduction happened and all the many anomalies that appear to surround the case are either irrelevant, media inventions or plain made up by lunatics trawling the web who are hell bent on being rotten sods. And those who are analytically minded and when the whole "kids left alone" "shutters jemmied - on no they weren't", phenominal media savvy from the get go etc sparked more than a passing interest, made them determined that something really didn't ring true or sit right and got hooked on unanswered questions being answered regardless of how obsessive it might feel at times.



It's just a personality thing I reckon. Neither has the moral high-ground over the other, it is not a fight between the spectators of this case. It's just that people view stuff differently, focus on different areas, have different levels of trust and belief in the world around them.



If the truth about whatever happened to little Madeleine ever comes out, remains for example with strong forensic clues, or a confession from anyone, their is going to be one "side" that will feel totally disillusioned with the world and that is a really sad thing.



Either the Portugese media, PJ, the dog handler, Gaspars, and so on have conspired to stitch up a couple of tragic parents OR it is all a fabrication/cover up to fool the public and save reputations OR a new world order type conspiracy ie ushering in microchipping of kids coz parents are terrified (problem-reaction-solution). In other words, there will be a large number of people shocked and dismayed whatever the outcome should the truth ever be discovered. It will change the way we think forever.

Whatever the outcome (if there is one) will be no cause for celebration, that I promise you.

Smokeandmirrors
Moderator

Posts : 2428
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-07-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing children in Portugal 2010

Post by HotlipsHealy on 28.08.11 17:59

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:If the truth about whatever happened to little Madeleine ever comes out, remains for example with strong forensic clues, or a confession from anyone, their is going to be one "side" that will feel totally disillusioned with the world and that is a really sad thing.

Either the Portugese media, PJ, the dog handler, Gaspars, and so on have conspired to stitch up a couple of tragic parents OR it is all a fabrication/cover up to fool the public and save reputations OR a new world order type conspiracy ie ushering in microchipping of kids coz parents are terrified (problem-reaction-solution). In other words, there will be a large number of people shocked and dismayed whatever the outcome should the truth ever be discovered. It will change the way we think forever.

Whatever the outcome (if there is one) will be no cause for celebration, that I promise you.

Very good post clapping

These last 3 paragraphs are important to me because whatever the outcome

a. Either the Portugese media, PJ, the dog handler, Gaspars, and so on have conspired to stitch up a couple of tragic parents

b. it is all a fabrication/cover up to fool the public and save reputations

c. a new world order type conspiracy ie ushering in microchipping of kids coz parents are terrified (problem-reaction-solution)

there will be a group who will be shocked because there is still the issue that a dead child was used for whatever it was that made them come up with a), b) or c)

____________________

Kate McCann: It was our holiday too.


HotlipsHealy

Posts : 124
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing children in Portugal 2010

Post by Daisy on 29.08.11 15:44

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:Thank you Daisy.



I would like to add at this point that having followed this story for four years, and forming impressions from all that I have had the time to read (which is a lot but by no means all), I feel it is imperitive to always have an open mind regardless of how unlikely something appears. Much has been said about the media being silenced, the backers the McCanns have and an implication that everything has been engineered their way, and all the surrounding theories and chatter as to why this could be. Goodness knows the dissection this case has had, it must be the most thoroughly examined event in recent history, so many people determined to root it all out.



Obviously there are two main camps, those who think that an abduction happened and all the many anomalies that appear to surround the case are either irrelevant, media inventions or plain made up by lunatics trawling the web who are hell bent on being rotten sods. And those who are analytically minded and when the whole "kids left alone" "shutters jemmied - on no they weren't", phenominal media savvy from the get go etc sparked more than a passing interest, made them determined that something really didn't ring true or sit right and got hooked on unanswered questions being answered regardless of how obsessive it might feel at times.



It's just a personality thing I reckon. Neither has the moral high-ground over the other, it is not a fight between the spectators of this case. It's just that people view stuff differently, focus on different areas, have different levels of trust and belief in the world around them.



If the truth about whatever happened to little Madeleine ever comes out, remains for example with strong forensic clues, or a confession from anyone, their is going to be one "side" that will feel totally disillusioned with the world and that is a really sad thing.



Either the Portugese media, PJ, the dog handler, Gaspars, and so on have conspired to stitch up a couple of tragic parents OR it is all a fabrication/cover up to fool the public and save reputations OR a new world order type conspiracy ie ushering in microchipping of kids coz parents are terrified (problem-reaction-solution). In other words, there will be a large number of people shocked and dismayed whatever the outcome should the truth ever be discovered. It will change the way we think forever.

Whatever the outcome (if there is one) will be no cause for celebration, that I promise you.

Another great post, very thought provoking. You sound like you have your head screwed on the right way - a good soul. However, I disagree on the moral high ground bit. Surely that's why we're all here? We do believe our motives are morally superior to those we question? That's not to say WE feel morally superior, and agreed it shouldn't be about fighting each other. (Try telling the hardcore lot that!)

I also agree an open-mind is essential. That's the reason I chose to post in this forum (and this forum only). I see open minds on here, people are willing to be proved wrong, and I've witnessed several apologies, people holding their hands up and correcting mistakes when wrong. I also note the lack of malicious, bitter and downright vile comments that are found from the hardcore McCann supporters aimed at that those that question the abduction theory. (I don't like the pro/anti, different camp labels, I'm just a questioner).

I'll not give credit to the forum I'm thinking of by putting up a link, I'm sure most people know what I'm talking about. I only stumbled across it through a link off this forum - Oh Lordy! What a cesspit! My view of these people became much clearer when I read some of the other topics they were discussing, nothing to do with Madeleine, just world events etc. Jeez.. it felt like I was eavesdropping on some government shills! So utterly brainwashed/braindamaged/conditioned that they hate and villify ANYONE who questions the 'official' line. Think Party Members from Orwell's 1984 and you'll get the gist.

These people in my opinion are a totally different personality type to the 'emotionally charged' supporters; the ones that have fallen for the "Beautiful photogenic missing 3 yr old" propaganda hook line and sinker. I can at least feel empathy for this group, not so the hardcore group.

The couple of bits I've highlighted:

Sadly, there is already an (ever growing) "side" that is totally disallusioned with the world (or should I say leaders).

Secondly, for some, the way they think has already changed forever; The Madeleine McCann case has had an enormous impact on the human psyche (& obviously not just in the UK). The damage has already been done. It's all about the truth and damage limitation for me now. Our Children, Grandchildren deserve better than this paronoid, fearful society that the Media/McCanns/Government & Co are portraying.

____________________
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”   

Unknown


“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

Posts : 1245
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Yorkshire, England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing children in Portugal 2010

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 29.08.11 17:04

Our Children, Grandchildren deserve better than this paronoid, fearful society that the Media/McCanns/Government & Co are portraying - Daisy





This brings to mind something I was told a long time ago. In my first year at University a sociology lecturer (whose name is long forgotton) said that in 20 years time (20 years ago bringing us to now) there would be a sizeable section of the population that would never work. We all sat there slack jawed wondering if we heard right. "What? You mean they'll never work?? Why? How will they survive?" It simply failed to compute. Then he asked "Do you guys have a problem with that?" and chuckled. "Hell, yes!" I shouted. It simply would not compute in the slightest. I demanded to know why hard working tax payers should tolerate such a scenario. He answered that it was just way the world would be. Then we wanted to know what on earth they would do all day long (this was way before email and internet as we know it and fancy music gadgets etc) and he answered that technology and industry would be geared towards leisure and entertainment and the mass media would mushroom like never before and he was right.



Now you might be wondering what the hell this anecdote has got to do with the McCanns etc and no, I am not implying anything about anyones working status here, but the internet, the mass media and the instant gratification culture which has developed, coupled with the Western World Governments need to control literally millions of people who are not safely coralled in the workplace from 9-5, 50 weeks of the year, means that stories like Madeleine are "multi-functional". They suit an agenda on several levels, in fact the Madeleine story in this way is like the "perfect storm". Of course there are many stories that serve many functions, like the London riots, Baby P, Raoul Moat etc.



1) Fear - always has been and always will be the most effective and valuable tool for controlling huge populations.



2) Very newsworthy - cute kid disappears. The hundreds and thousands of equally important and cute kids dying from thirst and hunger are not newsworthy, they are the collateral damage from Government agendas to acquire mineral resources but we'll leave that there.



3) Microchipping - has been discussed before



4) Conflict - deliberately get people arguing amongst themselves, if there is distrust amongst sections of the populus they won't be united enough to take a stand when it really matters.



5) Uncertainty - mucking people around with regards to truth and justice. If people no longer know where they stand with the application of the law it takes away power from the people.



6) Information - bombard people with information 24/7. Overwhelm them with it. It is often said that information is power, but too much information has the opposite effect. It scatters peoples thinking and/or means that things like a fair trial will soon be a thing of the past. Like Gerry said something along the lines of "no-one knows whats true or not".



7) Truth - what is true and what is not? Do we really know anymore? Truth has become like the Holly Grail.



Madeleine and what hap.ened to her is no more important than any other child who befalls an unhappy fate, whatever that fate may be. But her case and the publicity and interest surrounding it for four years has become a symbol of our changing world and the control and manipulation at play, and the worlds increasing need to turn everything into "entertainment", a soap-opera of sorts. Thats just my take on it, and I am sure many would hasten to disagree. Just food for thought.

Smokeandmirrors
Moderator

Posts : 2428
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-07-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing children in Portugal 2010

Post by pauline on 29.08.11 18:12

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:Our Children, Grandchildren deserve better than this paronoid, fearful society that the Media/McCanns/Government & Co are portraying - Daisy

This brings to mind something I was told a long time ago. In my first year at University a sociology lecturer (whose name is long forgotton) said that in 20 years time (20 years ago bringing us to now) there would be a sizeable section of the population that would never work. We all sat there slack jawed wondering if we heard right. "What? You mean they'll never work?? Why? How will they survive?" It simply failed to compute. Then he asked "Do you guys have a problem with that?" and chuckled. "Hell, yes!" I shouted. It simply would not compute in the slightest. I demanded to know why hard working tax payers should tolerate such a scenario. He answered that it was just way the world would be. Then we wanted to know what on earth they would do all day long (this was way before email and internet as we know it and fancy music gadgets etc) and he answered that technology and industry would be geared towards leisure and entertainment and the mass media would mushroom like never before and he was right.



Now you might be wondering what the hell this anecdote has got to do with the McCanns etc and no, I am not implying anything about anyones working status here, but the internet, the mass media and the instant gratification culture which has developed, coupled with the Western World Governments need to control literally millions of people who are not safely coralled in the workplace from 9-5, 50 weeks of the year, means that stories like Madeleine are "multi-functional". They suit an agenda on several levels, in fact the Madeleine story in this way is like the "perfect storm". Of course there are many stories that serve many functions, like the London riots, Baby P, Raoul Moat etc.



1) Fear - always has been and always will be the most effective and valuable tool for controlling huge populations.



2) Very newsworthy - cute kid disappears. The hundreds and thousands of equally important and cute kids dying from thirst and hunger are not newsworthy, they are the collateral damage from Government agendas to acquire mineral resources but we'll leave that there.



3) Microchipping - has been discussed before



4) Conflict - deliberately get people arguing amongst themselves, if there is distrust amongst sections of the populus they won't be united enough to take a stand when it really matters.



5) Uncertainty - mucking people around with regards to truth and justice. If people no longer know where they stand with the application of the law it takes away power from the people.



6) Information - bombard people with information 24/7. Overwhelm them with it. It is often said that information is power, but too much information has the opposite effect. It scatters peoples thinking and/or means that things like a fair trial will soon be a thing of the past. Like Gerry said something along the lines of "no-one knows whats true or not".



7) Truth - what is true and what is not? Do we really know anymore? Truth has become like the Holly Grail.



Madeleine and what hap.ened to her is no more important than any other child who befalls an unhappy fate, whatever that fate may be. But her case and the publicity and interest surrounding it for four years has become a symbol of our changing world and the control and manipulation at play, and the worlds increasing need to turn everything into "entertainment", a soap-opera of sorts. Thats just my take on it, and I am sure many would hasten to disagree. Just food for thought.

I dont think many 'will hasten to disagree' with your post above.

I found it riveting.

And it made me ask myself, am I spending too much time being an internet detective about something I can in reality do little about - when I could be using my skills to do something about the things in my country which perhaps can be changed?

pauline

Posts : 548
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-05-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing children in Portugal 2010

Post by Marian on 30.08.11 9:57

I know what Pauline means when she asks if this is a case that she can realistically do anything about. There are times when I feel that whatever we do and say, whatever evidence we provide, there is nobody who takes any notice whatsoever. However, it is human nature to continue to fight blatant injustices and we have to carry on. Now, let's allot some spare time to putting our respective countries to rights!

Marian

Posts : 1147
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2010-12-19
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum