The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

KATE MCCANN'S POIGNANT TRIP TO PORTUGAL Mm11

KATE MCCANN'S POIGNANT TRIP TO PORTUGAL Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

KATE MCCANN'S POIGNANT TRIP TO PORTUGAL Mm11

KATE MCCANN'S POIGNANT TRIP TO PORTUGAL Regist10

KATE MCCANN'S POIGNANT TRIP TO PORTUGAL

View previous topic View next topic Go down

KATE MCCANN'S POIGNANT TRIP TO PORTUGAL Empty KATE MCCANN'S POIGNANT TRIP TO PORTUGAL

Post by Guest 01.05.11 10:48

KATE MCCANN'S POIGNANT TRIP TO PORTUGAL

Kate McCann has journeyed to Portugal to say prayers for Madeleine ahead of Tuesday’s anniversary

Sunday May 1,2011

By James Murray

KATE McCANN has returned from another poignant solo trip to Portugal on the eve of the fourth anniversary of her daughter Madeleine’s kidnap.

She made the journey partly to meet friends and supporters but also to say prayers for Madeleine ahead of Tuesday’s anniversary.

For the past five months she has spent every waking hour working on her book about the seemingly unsolvable crime in the hope that readers worldwide will produce the vital clue which has so far eluded detectives.

Two weeks ago she put the finishing touches to the book, called simply Madeleine, and then flew to Portugal. The 42-year-old former GP has worried friends by her relentless work in recent months and has lost weight, partly due to her fitness regime and partly through having to recall all the painful details of the abduction.

A stalwart friend who has helped her deal with the pressures has been Fiona Payne, who was with the family on their ill-fated holiday.

Kate’s husband Gerry, also 42, has been a constant support, but in recent months has been taking more of a back seat in the campaign to find out who snatched Madeleine from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz on the Algarve on May 3, 2007.

A source said: “Gerry is immensely proud of the way Kate has worked so hard for so long. He is exceptionally busy with his job as a heart expert at a local hospital and as he is the sole breadwinner it is vital he keeps his job. Kate has been going through emotional hell as she pours out all the hurt and anger of the past four years on page after page.

“Although she is softly spoken and quiet by nature I think she has found a vehicle to express her anger and frustration at all the things that went wrong in the investigation.

“Only a small group of people have seen the book and Gerry has told his friends that it is very much Kate’s project and that he is proud of the way she has knuckled down to the task.

“Kate has made several solo trips to Portugal this year. There are legal meetings but her priority is to make sure her book gets a fair hearing when it is published there in mid-May.

“Although it is possible the breakthrough may come from a British person reading the book, it is far more likely that someone in Portugal who picks up a copy may come forward with the missing piece of the jigsaw.”

It is expected Kate will launch the book in London on May 12, Madeleine’s eighth birthday, and will again travel to Portugal the following week. She and Gerry and their six-year-old twins Sean and Amelie will mark Tuesday’s anniversary quietly at their home in Rothley, Leicestershire

Read more: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/243971/Kate-McCann-s-poignant-trip-to-PortugalKate-McCann-s-poignant-trip-to-PortugalKate-McCann-s-poignant-trip-to-Portugal#ixzz1L5nbfwNd

It looks as if KM is doing things on her own these days wow
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

KATE MCCANN'S POIGNANT TRIP TO PORTUGAL Empty KATE MCCANN'S POIGNANT TRIP TO PORTUGAL

Post by Guest 01.05.11 11:00

candyfloss wrote: KATE MCCANN'S POIGNANT TRIP TO PORTUGAL

Kate McCann has journeyed to Portugal to say prayers for Madeleine ahead of Tuesday’s anniversary

Sunday May 1,2011

By James Murray

KATE McCANN has returned from another poignant solo trip to Portugal on the eve of the fourth anniversary of her daughter Madeleine’s kidnap.

She made the journey partly to meet friends and supporters but also to say prayers for Madeleine ahead of Tuesday’s anniversary.

For the past five months she has spent every waking hour working on her book about the seemingly unsolvable crime in the hope that readers worldwide will produce the vital clue which has so far eluded detectives.

Two weeks ago she put the finishing touches to the book, called simply Madeleine, and then flew to Portugal. The 42-year-old former GP has worried friends by her relentless work in recent months and has lost weight, partly due to her fitness regime and partly through having to recall all the painful details of the abduction.

A stalwart friend who has helped her deal with the pressures has been Fiona Payne, who was with the family on their ill-fated holiday.

Kate’s husband Gerry, also 42, has been a constant support, but in recent months has been taking more of a back seat in the campaign to find out who snatched Madeleine from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz on the Algarve on May 3, 2007.

A source said: “Gerry is immensely proud of the way Kate has worked so hard for so long. He is exceptionally busy with his job as a heart expert at a local hospital and as he is the sole breadwinner it is vital he keeps his job. Kate has been going through emotional hell as she pours out all the hurt and anger of the past four years on page after page.

“Although she is softly spoken and quiet by nature I think she has found a vehicle to express her anger and frustration at all the things that went wrong in the investigation.

“Only a small group of people have seen the book and Gerry has told his friends that it is very much Kate’s project and that he is proud of the way she has knuckled down to the task.

“Kate has made several solo trips to Portugal this year. There are legal meetings but her priority is to make sure her book gets a fair hearing when it is published there in mid-May.

“Although it is possible the breakthrough may come from a British person reading the book, it is far more likely that someone in Portugal who picks up a copy may come forward with the missing piece of the jigsaw.”

It is expected Kate will launch the book in London on May 12, Madeleine’s eighth birthday, and will again travel to Portugal the following week. She and Gerry and their six-year-old twins Sean and Amelie will mark Tuesday’s anniversary quietly at their home in Rothley, Leicestershire

Read more: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/243971/Kate-McCann-s-poignant-trip-to-PortugalKate-McCann-s-poignant-trip-to-PortugalKate-McCann-s-poignant-trip-to-Portugal#ixzz1L5nbfwNd

It looks as if KM is doing things on her own these days wow
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

KATE MCCANN'S POIGNANT TRIP TO PORTUGAL Empty Re: KATE MCCANN'S POIGNANT TRIP TO PORTUGAL

Post by Big Vern 01.05.11 11:19

"The 42-year-old former GP has worried friends by her relentless work in recent months and has lost weight, partly due to her fitness regime and partly through having to recall all the painful details of the abduction"

notlistening

Activity : 124

Back to top Go down

KATE MCCANN'S POIGNANT TRIP TO PORTUGAL Empty Re: KATE MCCANN'S POIGNANT TRIP TO PORTUGAL

Post by ufercoffy 01.05.11 11:37

In a way, Madeleine was 'abducted'. She was taken by God about 96 years too soon.

Activity : 2101

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01.05.11 11:40

[quote]

That's what the trips are more likely to be about I would guess, meetings with lawyers about the forthcoming libel case against Mr Amaral.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy 01.05.11 11:43

Pity she never considered that Dr Amaral's book should have got a fair hearing.

Activity : 2101

Back to top Go down

Post by DocMartin 01.05.11 12:26

ufercoffy wrote:Pity she never considered that Dr Amaral's book should have got a fair hearing.

Even in his own country.
DocMartin
DocMartin

Activity : 52

Back to top Go down

Post by Kololi 01.05.11 19:00

I sometimes wonder if this is partly why some people find it hard to support or warm to Mr and Mrs McCann. They seem a little selfish at times and rather determined that it is their way or the highway as the saying goes.
Kololi
Kololi

Activity : 687

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 03.05.11 6:57

That's the understatement of the decade!
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by soulthief 03.05.11 11:21

The stress of knowing what really happened to their first born "much longed for daughter must have a price, worst still the knowledge that it is through their own doing, One of them must have made the fateful decision to not have babysitters & instead to leave the children alone night after night, yes they both did it, but one of them had to have voiced the idea and then it was a joint decision, I would imagine there would be a certain amount of hatred simmering, or if you believe she died not from neglect but from an assault, then I would imagine the same scenario would be true, a simmering resentment, gallons of guilt and maybe a touch of paranoia at what could happen if her body ever comes to light!
soulthief

Activity : 725

https://www.youtube.com/user/xS0ulThiefx

Back to top Go down

Post by soulthief 03.05.11 11:25

Kololi wrote:I sometimes wonder if this is partly why some people find it hard to support or warm to Mr and Mrs McCann. They seem a little selfish at times and rather determined that it is their way or the highway as the saying goes.
I often wonder why they are not thoroughly ashamed of themselves with some of the stuff we know, like Madeleine crying night after night alone in the apartment, I certainly wouldn't be drawing attention to myself in their shoes, I would cringe with shame.
soulthief

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.05.11 11:36

Updates: findmadeleine.com

Monday, 2nd May, 2011

2011 has been an incredibly busy year so far. Every year since Madeleine was taken has been, but this one, particularly so.

Between January and March we held 3 fundraising events – 'Bags of Hope for Madeleine' - at the National Space Centre in Leicester, the Crypt in the Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral and the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Glasgow. Despite the time and effort required in organising these evenings, all three were very positive. As well as the money raised to further the search for Madeleine, these occasions were important in gathering supporters together, re-energising the campaign and increasing awareness of the frightening and poorly resourced problem of missing and exploited children. The tangible warmth and support present also gave Gerry and I and all our family an essential boost. We'd like to thank everybody who supported these events – the venue staff, caterers, entertainers, those who donated bags and other prizes and of course all those who attended the events. We're very grateful to Steve Womack, Ricky Tomlinson and Sanjeev Kohli in particular, for giving up their time to support Madeleine, and for making these evenings extra special.

The main project this year has been writing my book. It will be launched on Thursday 12th May, which poignantly and coincidentally happens to be Madeleine's 8th birthday. It's a relief that the end of this intense period is now in sight. We hope and pray that it will bring us the result we long for and that not only the book but this whole ordeal and heartache will be behind us before too much longer.

Madeleine is still missing and there is still a lot to be done. Our efforts to find her are not diminishing. If anything, they are escalating. The need for a review by the authorities of Madeleine's case remains, and our desire to achieve this unwavering. This is a stone which definitely needs to be turned for Madeleine.

We would like to reiterate our gratitude to all of our supporters for not forgetting. Four years may have passed but our little girl is still missing. And, she is still findable. Your continued kindness and backing could help us achieve this.

Thank you again for not giving up on Madeleine.

Kate
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by soulthief 03.05.11 11:57

Just nipped over the McCannfiles, the picture of Madeleine they are using is heart breaking to view, I don't know how they can bare to look at it and spew their empty words.
soulthief

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 03.05.11 12:13

The main project this year has been writing my book. It will be launched on Thursday 12th May, which poignantly and coincidentally happens to be Madeleine's 8th birthday.
Poignantly and coincidentally ???
No, Kate. 'Cynically and deliberately' are the words your mouth refused to speak.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.05.11 12:20

[quote KM]

Our efforts to find her are not diminishing. If anything, they are escalating

I find that a strange phrase. It's a bit late after 4 years to escalate your efforts. Shouldn't it be the other way around?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 03.05.11 12:34

candyfloss wrote:[quote KM]
Our efforts to find her are not diminishing. If anything, they are escalating
I find that a strange phrase. It's a bit late after 4 years to escalate your efforts. Shouldn't it be the other way around?
You have to remember that they do not speak any conventional or recognised form of English. Their spokesman has also adopted their strange style. What comes out can sound very like English, but on analysis makes little sense.
Mitchells now infamous "There is a wholly innocent explanation for any material the police may or may not have found." and
"Kate and Gerry are realistic enough to know that Madeleine may be dead and it would be a tragedy that she is found as such, because it rules out the hope that she is alive...
" both sound as if they mean something important, but on analysis prove to be just a string of words, devoid of any noticeable content.
Or perhaps in the first quote it means "They are going to plead not guilty".
But the second can only mean "if she is dead she is not alive..." which hardly needed a £ 75,000 a year spokesman to point out.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.05.11 12:52

PeterMac wrote:The main project this year has been writing my book. It will be launched on Thursday 12th May, which poignantly and coincidentally happens to be Madeleine's 8th birthday.
Poignantly and coincidentally ???
No, Kate. 'Cynically and deliberately' are the words your mouth refused to speak.

Precisely !!! They first thought about the 28th April. The day they travelled to Portugal. It was only after the royal wedding was announced, did they change it. No thoughts about Madeleine's birthday back then, only them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

KATE MCCANN'S POIGNANT TRIP TO PORTUGAL Empty Exclusive! Kate McCann 4 years on - 'I still sit in Maddie's room every day' Closer magazine

Post by soulthief 03.05.11 20:31

Pity she didn't do the same when instead of leaving them to go to the Tapas! angrypcuser
soulthief

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top