The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

i invite everyone on this forum to give their future predictions on how JUSTICE FOR MADELEINE  will be solved? what will be the climax?  Mm11

i invite everyone on this forum to give their future predictions on how JUSTICE FOR MADELEINE  will be solved? what will be the climax?  Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

i invite everyone on this forum to give their future predictions on how JUSTICE FOR MADELEINE  will be solved? what will be the climax?  Mm11

i invite everyone on this forum to give their future predictions on how JUSTICE FOR MADELEINE  will be solved? what will be the climax?  Regist10

i invite everyone on this forum to give their future predictions on how JUSTICE FOR MADELEINE will be solved? what will be the climax?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

i invite everyone on this forum to give their future predictions on how JUSTICE FOR MADELEINE  will be solved? what will be the climax?  Empty i invite everyone on this forum to give their future predictions on how JUSTICE FOR MADELEINE will be solved? what will be the climax?

Post by ROSA 01.05.11 1:03

A cover-up is an attempt, whether successful or not, to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] evidence of wrong-doing, error, incompetence or other [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] information. The expression is usually applied to people in positions of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] who abuse their power to avoid or silence [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or to deflect [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of wrongdoing. Those who initiate a cover up (or their allies) may be responsible for a misdeed, a breach of trust or duty or a crime.
While the terms are often used interchangeably, cover-up involves withholding incriminatory evidence, while whitewash involves releasing misleading evidence.

MODERN USAGE
When a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] breaks, the discovery of an attempt to cover up is often regarded as even more reprehensible than the original deeds.
The mildest case, not quite a cover-up, is simply to release news which could be embarrassing but is not important enough to guarantee attention at a time when other news is dominating the headlines, or immediately before a holiday or weekend.
Initially a cover-up may require little effort; it will be carried out by those closely involved with the misdeed. Once some hint of the hidden matter starts to become known, the cover-up gradually draws all the top leadership, at least, of an organization into complicity in covering up a misdeed or even crime that may have originally been committed by a few of its members acting independently. This may be regarded as tacit approval of that behaviour.[[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]]
It is likely that some cover-ups are successful although by definition this cannot be confirmed. Many fail, however, as more and more people are drawn in and the possibility of exposure makes potential accomplices fearful of supporting the cover-up and as loose ends that may never normally have been noticed start to stand out. As it spreads, the cover-up itself creates yet more suspicious circumstances.
The original misdeed being covered may be relatively minor, such as the 'third-rate burglary' which started the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], but the cover-up adds so many additional crimes ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], payoffs and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], in some cases suspicious suicides or outright [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) that the cover-up becomes much more serious than the original crime.
Cover-ups do not necessarily require the active manipulation of facts or circumstances. Arguably the most common form of cover-up is one of non-action. It is the conscious failure to release incriminating information by a third party. This "passive cover-up" is often justified by the motive of not wanting to embarrass the culprit or expose them to criminal prosecution or even the belief that the cover-up is justified by protecting the greater community from scandal. Yet, because of the passive cover-up, the misdeed often goes undiscovered and results in harm to others ensuing from its failure to be discovered. (In Catholic [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] this would be considered the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.])[[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]]
Real cover-ups are common enough, but any event which is not completely clear is likely to give rise to a thicket of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] alleging covering up of sometimes the most weird and unlikely conspiracies.
A cover-up need not involve wrong-doing. In a number of countries the incidence of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is often covered up, either because of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or to forestall panic. This is often counter-productive, allowing the disease to spread unchecked when precautions could be taken. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] have been covered up in the first few years of the 21st century. In 2006 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has been more open about avian flu, which has helped in dealing with an [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].[[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]]
"Snowjob" is an American colloquialism for a deception or a cover-up; for example, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] described the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as "the greatest snow job in history."[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Reasons

People, governments or institutions may try to cover up if

• they are dishonest enough to wish to hide things that they should not conceal (hiding information is not in itself a cover-up);
  • and they believe that they can successfully cover up the facts, either by effective concealment or using their authority and power to prevent investigation and publication;
  • and they believe that public knowledge of the facts will harm them in some way, from long jail sentences through possible loss of electoral office to mere embarrassment;
  • and they believe that the benefit of a successful cover-up outweighs the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and harm to them of being caught covering up.

S
ROSA
ROSA

Activity : 2108

Back to top Go down

i invite everyone on this forum to give their future predictions on how JUSTICE FOR MADELEINE  will be solved? what will be the climax?  Empty Re: i invite everyone on this forum to give their future predictions on how JUSTICE FOR MADELEINE will be solved? what will be the climax?

Post by Big Vern 01.05.11 1:14

One of the Tapas mob will eventually crack under the strain.

Activity : 124

Back to top Go down

i invite everyone on this forum to give their future predictions on how JUSTICE FOR MADELEINE  will be solved? what will be the climax?  Empty Re: i invite everyone on this forum to give their future predictions on how JUSTICE FOR MADELEINE will be solved? what will be the climax?

Post by Guest 01.05.11 8:53

I would like to predict that another guest staying out there who was part of the wider group, will come to realise that if one goes down, they all go down and they will make a deal in return for immunity.

Reputations are a funny thing, especially where £££ is concerned. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 01.05.11 9:33

Too much to hope that a half decent journalist asks a few simple questions, I suppose.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 01.05.11 9:45

I take it you mean a half decent British journalist....cos Sandra Felgueiras, the decent Portuguese journalist, asked a simple question and was greeted with this indecent response from Gerry: "Ask the dogs, Sandra." bigshock

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41573

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 01.05.11 9:57

Yes, sorry.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01.05.11 10:13

I thought all of our journo's had been gagged.

Break that little rule and you will never work again in that industry...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Garth 01.05.11 15:14

"One of the tapas mob will crack under the strain"   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  

Anonymous
Garth

Back to top Go down

Post by Garth 01.05.11 15:17

I know you may not have thought of this one but how about 'catching the bleedin abductor'?

Hmmmm, that would make sense!

Sorry if that's a little confusing for some! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
Anonymous
Garth

Back to top Go down

Post by Wendy 01.05.11 15:27

What bleedin' abductor would that be Garth? Is that what you're doing on your computer, Garth, trying to catch the bleedin' abductor?
Wendy
Wendy

Activity : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01.05.11 15:28

Errrrrrrr which one??

Get 'em Gonçalo wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wendy 01.05.11 15:30

candyfloss wrote:Errrrrrrr which one??

Get 'em Gonçalo wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lol4

Even the McCann's can't be arsed to search for the bleedin' abductor who they believe is in a secret lair in Praia de Luz cos they know there ain't no bleedin' abductor :iconbiggrin:
Wendy
Wendy

Back to top Go down

Post by Garth 01.05.11 15:32

Nice one Candy, you got me there. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

5th from the left looks pretty good! I reckon he could get through a key hole. What's your favourite?
Anonymous
Garth

Back to top Go down

Post by Wendy 01.05.11 15:34

The first one, Mr Egghead, would be a better choice especially if he was scrambled...he'd get through the smallest of gaps.
Wendy
Wendy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01.05.11 15:34

Garth wrote:Nice one Candy, you got me there. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

5th from the left looks pretty good! I reckon he could get through a key hole. What's your favourite?

Oh, my favourite definitely No.1. I recognise him from somewhere laughat
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Garth 01.05.11 15:35

Covered up the death of their daughter for their careers sake lol You couldnt make it up! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
Anonymous
Garth

Back to top Go down

Post by Wendy 01.05.11 15:36

Garth wrote: 
Covered up the death of their daughter for their careers sake lol You couldnt make it up! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

No, you couldn't...but for 4 years now that's what they've done. with a little help from their friends of course winkwink
Wendy
Wendy

Back to top Go down

Post by Garth 01.05.11 15:38

Yeah I see your point, number one does look familiar. No emotions shown whatsoever! Now who could that be I wonder!
Anonymous
Garth

Back to top Go down

Post by Wendy 01.05.11 15:40

Garth wrote:Yeah I see your point, number one does look familiar. No emotions shown whatsoever! Now who could that be I wonder!

Gerry? Hair is too short to be Kate.
Wendy
Wendy

Back to top Go down

Back to top Go down

Post by Wendy 01.05.11 15:47

Garth wrote:I actually thought Gerrys'legs were longer than that!

No, he's always been a low down bum.
Wendy
Wendy

Back to top Go down

i invite everyone on this forum to give their future predictions on how JUSTICE FOR MADELEINE  will be solved? what will be the climax?  Empty Enough rope

Post by sherokee 18.05.11 16:56

There is an old saying that springs to mind  - "give someone enough rope and they will eventually hang themselves"!
Anonymous
sherokee

Back to top Go down

Post by NewGuest 18.05.11 17:05

A whitewash - as with Diana and David Kelly.

I suspect that we will never discover what happened to Madeleine.

I would hope that eventually the parents concentrate on giving their two remaining children the fullest life possible.... instead of gadding off to promote their book.
Anonymous
NewGuest

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 18.05.11 17:36

I am hoping cat baker tells the truth and bugger the mccanns and their treats to any one who doesnt believe in the kate and gerry's abduction
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by niknaks08 18.05.11 17:44

my prediction is that KM will crack under the questioning and confess [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
niknaks08
niknaks08

Activity : 58

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum