The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The missing blanket - Page 2 Mm11

The missing blanket - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The missing blanket - Page 2 Mm11

The missing blanket - Page 2 Regist10

The missing blanket

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The missing blanket - Page 2 Empty Re: The missing blanket

Post by Guest 18.12.10 9:10

I agree and for some, there will be no going back.

Even the best lawyers in the world cannot change what has been said for all the world to see.

Those poor tapas children, my heart goes out to them all. Their lives will be forever engulfed in their parents misdemeanours.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Daoud 18.12.10 9:10

Despite his desire to let it be known that there was a washing machine in the apartment, he never actually says that it was used to launder the sheets - or am I missing something?
Daoud
Daoud

Activity : 151

Back to top Go down

Post by YNG 18.12.10 9:31

I wonder how much truth there is in this article and if it is true whether this ' exclusive interview with David Smith was recorded '

' According to reports and confirmed in an article by David Smith, in ‘The Times’ in late December 2007, the McCanns did not bother to talk to Jane Tanner for two whole days about what she claimed to have seen at 9.15pm that night ~ namely a person walking off with a child looking like Madeleine. This is despite the McCanns’ absolute insistence that an abduction had taken place. According to David Smith’s article, which included an exclusive and extended interview with Gerry McCann, he and Jane Tanner did not speak to each other because they were ‘too busy’.
YNG

Activity : 416

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.12.10 9:35

Tanner screwed up big time that night. Her desire to adlib, also got her into trouble on Panorama, with the comment "I was carrying like this" (extending her arms). Of course, if you needed to invent a scene, you would have to go through it in your own mind first, to be able to explain it to someone else. Hence the "I was carrying like this", which boils down to, this is how I would have carried a child.

This must be how we arrived at the man carrying a child wrapped in a blanket. This is how she thinks it should have gone. The problem is, she did not see how the bedroom was left before the alarm was raised, as she was no where near the room that night. I strongly suspect she was minding all the children in Payne's apartment, which is indicated by Matt's comment and Dianne's lack of desire to check on her own grandchildren.

Yes, Tanner screwed up from the off. If only she had known how the bed would have been left. The missing blanket - Page 2 181154

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/P1/01_VOLUME_Ia_Page_15.jpg
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.12.10 12:39

Maddie's blanket missing from the Ocean Club

Semanário Privado (appears in paper editon only)

01 July 2009 http://www.mccannfiles.com/id259.html

Gonçalo Amaral, the former inspector who coordinated the investigations on the case, in declarations to "SP" recalls having seen the blanket in the Ocean Club apartment, on the evening of the 3rd of May, close to cuddle cat (the plush toy), that the child usually carried with her. The former inspector thought that it was odd that that blanket went missing in the immediate days that followed, when searches where made to locate the child. And he highlights, that incidentally, textile fibres (in connection with the cadaver odour scented by the British dogs) were detected in the Renault Scenic that the McCann couple rented in the Algarve and which was used in a long and mysterious trip that they made to Spain.

"Incidentally" as we all know is the same as saying while we're on the subject of pink blanket, they found specific fibres in the very spot where the cadaver dog indicated. The missing blanket - Page 2 655851 Unless you have the original one to compare it with, no one can say for sure it is the same blanket as seen on the bed. But hopefully, the very same fibres also ended up on those lovely white sheets on the bed. The missing blanket - Page 2 302873

Now we all know why the missing blanket is relevant. The missing blanket - Page 2 302873
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Cat 18.12.10 15:37

Stella wrote:Maddie's blanket missing from the Ocean Club

Gonçalo Amaral, the former inspector who coordinated the investigations on the case, in declarations to "SP" recalls having seen the blanket in the Ocean Club apartment, on the evening of the 3rd of May, close to cuddle cat (the plush toy), that the child usually carried with her. The former inspector thought that it was odd that that blanket went missing in the immediate days that followed, when searches where made to locate the child. And he highlights, that incidentally, textile fibres (in connection with the cadaver odour scented by the British dogs) were detected in the Renault Scenic that the McCann couple rented in the Algarve and which was used in a long and mysterious trip that they made to Spain.

"Incidentally" as we all know is the same as saying while we're on the subject of pink blanket, they found specific fibres in the very spot where the cadaver dog indicated. The missing blanket - Page 2 655851 Unless you have the original one to compare it with, no one can say for sure it is the same blanket as seen on the bed. But hopefully, the very same fibres also ended up on those lovely white sheets on the bed. The missing blanket - Page 2 302873

Now we all know why the missing blanket is relevant. The missing blanket - Page 2 302873

Stella

The mention of 'textile fibres' caused me to recall the finding of fibres in the disused barn that matched fibres from the Renault Scenic. Could these fibres also relate to the missing blanket? I had previously assumed that the fibres from the Renault, that matched those found on the towel in the barn, were fibres from the fabric of the car itself.
Now I am wondering if the pink blanket left a trail of fibres leading from the appartment to the barn and to a final resting place?

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2007/12/mccanns-expess-news.html
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 821

Back to top Go down

Post by theolivebranch 18.12.10 20:47

Just a silly aside about the washed bedding.
Whilst washing was taking place what was put onto the bed to replace the soiled sheet, and then where was the wet/washed sheet dried?
I have been in apartments where spare blankets were in the top cupboards of wardrobes in case the evening got cooler, but never ever clean sheets. They are changed by the cleaners either daily in the height of summer, or less often in the cooler months. I just cannot see the washing being done, yes a sluice to remove the excess soiling but not washing.
Maybe just my opinion.
theolivebranch
theolivebranch

Activity : 565

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.12.10 13:15

[quote="Cheshire Cat"]

Stella

The mention of 'textile fibres' caused me to recall the finding of fibres in the disused barn that matched fibres from the Renault Scenic. Could these fibres also relate to the missing blanket? I had previously assumed that the fibres from the Renault, that matched those found on the towel in the barn, were fibres from the fabric of the car itself.
Now I am wondering if the pink blanket left a trail of fibres leading from the appartment to the barn and to a final resting place?

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2007/12/mccanns-expess-news.html[/quote]

That is quite possible Cheshire Cat. The missing blanket - Page 2 234726 but I doubt it. If there were pink fibres in the car and they matched the barn. This 100% places the McCann's at the crime scene, does it not? So I can only assume, it was not pink fibres that they found.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Cat 19.12.10 14:04

[quote="Stella"]
Cheshire Cat wrote:

Stella

That is quite possible Cheshire Cat. The missing blanket - Page 2 234726 but I doubt it. If there were pink fibres in the car and they matched the barn. This 100% places the McCann's at the crime scene, does it not? So I can only assume, it was not pink fibres that they found.

Thank you. Although the barn article was post Amaral when the investigation was being tidied up for shelving.
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Back to top Go down

Post by soulthief 19.12.10 16:09

Cheshire Cat wrote:

Stella

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2007/12/mccanns-expess-news.html

wasnt the barn said to have been discovered when triangulation of O'Briens calls to Gerry were done??
soulthief

Activity : 725

https://www.youtube.com/user/xS0ulThiefx

Back to top Go down

Post by soulthief 19.12.10 16:11

[quote="Stella"]
Cheshire Cat wrote:

Stella

I recall a towel with aztec pattern on it was found there.
soulthief

Activity : 725

https://www.youtube.com/user/xS0ulThiefx

Back to top Go down

Post by YNG 19.12.10 19:04

" It is reported that Portuguese police are investigating a disused barn in the south-east of Praia da Luz following the discovery of a blood stained towel which police believe may turn out to be Madeleine's blood.

Fibres on the towel allegedly match fibres from the Renault Scenic hire car the McCanns' hired 25 days after Madeleine's disappearance.

It is understood Portuguese detectives discussed the breakthrough when they met British police and a Crown Prosecution Service official last week at a police station in Leicester.

The fresh information is believed to have come from mobile phone surveillance police who tracked a signal to the remote and deserted barn. There they found a towel with an Aztec design, which revealed three sites of blood deposits on the edge of the towel. Tests showed there was 'moderate' support to suggest the blood deposits matched Madeleine's blood.

The results were not conclusive and are not regarded as being strong enough to be presented as evidence in a court case. However, close analysis of the towel revealed fibres which were not made of the towel material. The fibre fragments were microscopically examined against fibres found in the boot of the McCanns' Renault Scenic hire car.

Portuguese police sources say there was 'strong support' that the fibres found on the towel matched fibres found from the boot of the car."
I
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id33.html
YNG

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Cat 19.12.10 21:02

Maddie's blanket missing from the Ocean Club

01 July 2009 [url=http://www.mccannfiles.com/id259.html]http://www.mccannfiles.com/id259.html[/url]

[quote="YNG"]" It is reported that Portuguese police are investigating a disused barn in the south-east of Praia da Luz following the discovery of a blood stained towel which police believe may turn out to be Madeleine's blood.

Fibres on the towel allegedly match fibres from the Renault Scenic hire car the McCanns' hired 25 days after Madeleine's disappearance.

It is understood Portuguese detectives discussed the breakthrough when they met British police and a Crown Prosecution Service official last week at a police station in Leicester.

The fresh information is believed to have come from mobile phone surveillance police who tracked a signal to the remote and deserted barn. There they found a towel with an Aztec design, which revealed three sites of blood deposits on the edge of the towel. Tests showed there was 'moderate' support to suggest the blood deposits matched Madeleine's blood.

The results were not conclusive and are not regarded as being strong enough to be presented as evidence in a court case. However, close analysis of the towel revealed fibres which were not made of the towel material. The fibre fragments were microscopically examined against fibres found in the boot of the McCanns' Renault Scenic hire car.

Portuguese police sources say there was 'strong support' that the fibres found on the towel matched fibres found from the boot of the car."
I
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id33.html[/quote]

I continue to wonder .......

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental 19.12.10 21:03

The fresh information is believed to have come from mobile phone surveillance police who tracked a signal to the remote and deserted barn.

@ YNG

One has just read your posting, and would suggest that revisiting such points, will only serve to cause yet more tummy rumblings in Rothley.

Do carry on big grin
Judge Mental
Judge Mental

Activity : 2960

Back to top Go down

Post by YNG 19.12.10 21:11

Judge Mental wrote:The fresh information is believed to have come from mobile phone surveillance police who tracked a signal to the remote and deserted barn.

@ YNG

One has just read your posting, and would suggest that revisiting such points, will only serve to cause yet more tummy rumblings in Rothley.

Do carry on big grin

Yes your honour , I'll se what else I can 'erm ' dig up on the subject laughat bomb bomb

here ya go howdy

"It is revealed that Portuguese police are investigating a mobile phone call from Russell O'Brien to Gerry McCann that was made on 10 June 2007. A team of telephone surveillance officers highlighted the call as it is understood to have contained key words that aroused police suspicions.

Investigators are concentrating on the exact whereabouts of Dr O'Brien when the call was made. It is understood Gerry McCann told detectives the call was made within a 4km radius of Praia da Luz but technicians working on the mobile phone network have dismissed this after examining records. It is believed the call took place 28km from Praia da Luz.

It also emerged that each member of the Tapas Nine were placed under surveillance after British communications experts arrived in the resort at the end of May. Mobile phone records, which leave a trail even when switched off, are believed to have been checked against statements made by guests and staff at the Ocean Club complex."
YNG

Back to top Go down

Post by YNG 19.12.10 22:35

Cheshire Cat wrote:
I continue to wonder .......

I see what your getting at now Cheshire Cat but if the article is correct it states the fibres on the towel matched the 'fabric' of the car itself.
YNG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.12.10 8:49

I have a funny feeling that someone wanted everyone to know that Madeleine's comfort blanket has been hidden or destroyed on purpose.

What would people think if they found out that cuddlecat was washed within days and her comfort blanket has been destroyed ?

Absolute monsters or guilty as hell ? The missing blanket - Page 2 160807
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental 20.12.10 14:08

YNG wrote:
Judge Mental wrote:The fresh information is believed to have come from mobile phone surveillance police who tracked a signal to the remote and deserted barn.

@ YNG

Do carry on big grin

Yes your honour , I'll se what else I can 'erm ' dig up on the subject laughat bomb bomb

here ya go howdy

"It is revealed that Portuguese police are investigating a mobile phone call from Russell O'Brien to Gerry McCann that was made on 10 June 2007. A team of telephone surveillance officers highlighted the call as it is understood to have contained key words that aroused police suspicions.

Investigators are concentrating on the exact whereabouts of Dr O'Brien when the call was made. It is understood Gerry McCann told detectives the call was made within a 4km radius of Praia da Luz but technicians working on the mobile phone network have dismissed this after examining records. It is believed the call took place 28km from Praia da Luz.

It also emerged that each member of the Tapas Nine were placed under surveillance after British communications experts arrived in the resort at the end of May. Mobile phone records, which leave a trail even when switched off, are believed to have been checked against statements made by guests and staff at the Ocean Club complex."

Oh dear. Pesky things these mobile telephones. With hindsight, the Tapas gang members must now be feeling as violated as those criminals who have tags around their ankles big grin
Judge Mental
Judge Mental

Activity : 2960

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 13.01.12 18:02

I am bumping this up as it is worth reading the whole topic for those new

This is worth reading too:

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t2115-could-the-pink-blanket-help-to-re-open-the-case?highlight=pink+blanket

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 13.01.12 19:21

Stella wrote:Tanner screwed up big time that night. Her desire to adlib, also got her into trouble on Panorama, with the comment "I was carrying like this" (extending her arms). Of course, if you needed to invent a scene, you would have to go through it in your own mind first, to be able to explain it to someone else. Hence the "I was carrying like this", which boils down to, this is how I would have carried a child.

This must be how we arrived at the man carrying a child wrapped in a blanket. This is how she thinks it should have gone. The problem is, she did not see how the bedroom was left before the alarm was raised, as she was no where near the room that night. I strongly suspect she was minding all the children in Payne's apartment, which is indicated by Matt's comment and Dianne's lack of desire to check on her own grandchildren.

Yes, Tanner screwed up from the off. If only she had known how the bed would have been left. The missing blanket - Page 2 181154

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/P1/01_VOLUME_Ia_Page_15.jpg

I'm reading this as follows: JT had perhaps actually seen Maddie wrapped in the blanket ( don't forget her association with Burgau and Murat) when she was taken away from 5a, possibly on the 2nd of May or earlier. Therefore she described the abductor accordingly.
But likely she did not know the blanket was taken back to 5a (if there was a fridge/freezer involved, possibly the blanket would be removed).
Don't forget the blanket was prop nr. 2 which would tell Kate she had been abducted, so the prop was necessary.
It is possible that when JT described bundle man, it was suddenly rather important to lose the blanket. The PJ would otherwise work out that a blanket on the way out on the 3rd, could not have been on the bed.
It would be interesting to see her early statements on bundle man and whether she said the blanket was pink. Pyjamas pink certainly - but that was later.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Advocatus 13.01.12 21:58

Kate says that the blanket was taken by the abductors, but the PJ took a photograph of it. Then it disappeared.

I'm sure this has already been mentioned here but the blue (large) tennis bag was also disposed of by someone, and it is clearly seen on the top cupboard shelf in th PJ crime scene photos.

Similarly TM said cuddle cat was on a high shelf, yet the photos show it by the pillow in Maddies unslept in bed.

TM says Maddie slept on top of the bed yet it was cold in PT that evening, so they must have had the heaters on full blast to keep Maddie warm, especially as TM eventually were forced to admit they left the sliding doors open/closed, take your pick.

And as Dr Roberts points out, the bed sheets were turned down and folded neatly at the bottom of the bed, therefore the kidnapper must have decided to put Maddie down whilst he neatly made the bed!

Hopefully soon a prosecution QC will be asking some very probing questions...

"One good thing to come out of all this is that there is so much in the press, nobody knows what is true, and what isn't." - Gerry McCann: Police CATS (Case Administration and Tracking System) Number 19309 - NB: The 19309 number is still on the Police database, but all data within the file appears to have been ERASED...
Advocatus

Activity : 351

Back to top Go down

Post by Advocatus 13.01.12 22:19

PeterMac wrote:And did not one of the stories say that she thought it was a negligent person carrying the child because it was a cold night and it had no covering on its feet, whereas GM said that Madeleine was not covered up in bed, she was outside the blanket and he did not cover her, because it was a warm night.
So which ?
And talking of blankets, where were the bedclothes from the twins travel cots ?

Actually it was a chilly evening, people borrowing fleeces to go and check or, more accurately NOT check the well being of various toddlers and infants

"One good thing to come out of all this is that there is so much in the press, nobody knows what is true, and what isn't." - Gerry McCann: Police CATS (Case Administration and Tracking System) Number 19309 - NB: The 19309 number is still on the Police database, but all data within the file appears to have been ERASED...
Advocatus

Activity : 351

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 13.01.12 22:25

And the Tapas bar had a plastic covering around it to keep it warmer

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 13.01.12 22:37

do you sweat if you have been drugged?
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13380

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 13.01.12 22:39

tigger wrote:SNIP, lots
It would be interesting to see her early statements on bundle man and whether she said the blanket was pink. Pyjamas pink certainly - but that was later.
The pyjama TOP was pink, the BOTTOMS were white. we know this because the McCanns showed the very pyjamas, or perhaps another identical pair, across the TV channels of the world. And the photo is also clear.
"At the time of her disappearance, she was wearing pyjamas with white bottoms with a floral pattern. The short-sleeved top, mainly pink with a blue-grey pattern bearing the inscription, "EEYORE," an inscription which is also on one of the trouser legs. The pyjamas are "Marks and Spencer" brand.
- Kate McCann in a statement to the Policia Judiciaria 4/5/07"

The missing blanket - Page 2 Maddie%27sPyjamas

"Anonymous said...
And Kate said, as she was holding up the pijamas :"These are ACTUALLY the pijamas that Madeleine WAS WEARING when she disappeared" !?!
Watch it in the Mockumentary, in Joana Morais, it's just after the footage of Beckam's appeal."

"That was terrible for them," says John McCann, Mr McCann's elder brother, who has also travelled to Portugal to help search for his niece.
"Kate dressed Amelie in her sister's pyjamas and the baby said: 'Maddy's jammies. Where is Maddy?' But she is too young to understand. And how do you explain? All we know is that Madeleine needs her family. She loves us, we love her. It is time for her to come home."
Amelie gave the game away that she was given Maddy's pyjamas to wear... ergo Maddy wasn't in them when she was "abducted".

Totally baffling ! - but only if you try to make sense of it, and only if you try to believe that people are telling the truth.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16595

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top