The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

philomena - Philomena McCann: "..one greedy, unscrupulous character.."  - Page 2 Mm11

philomena - Philomena McCann: "..one greedy, unscrupulous character.."  - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

philomena - Philomena McCann: "..one greedy, unscrupulous character.."  - Page 2 Mm11

philomena - Philomena McCann: "..one greedy, unscrupulous character.."  - Page 2 Regist10

Philomena McCann: "..one greedy, unscrupulous character.."

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

philomena - Philomena McCann: "..one greedy, unscrupulous character.."  - Page 2 Empty Re: Philomena McCann: "..one greedy, unscrupulous character.."

Post by Montclair 11.08.13 12:12

Monty Heck wrote:
Montclair wrote:
Cristobell wrote:According to Kate's book they had a couple of apartments at the holiday complex, presumably Warners laid them on for nothing as Gerry in his blogs said the Fund wasn't used for accommodation.  I actually find it really bizarre that all their extended family and friends were flying out there, never heard anything like it in my life.
And they didn't even get off their asses to look for Madeleine. They spent their time lolling around the pool on the sunbeds.
There was literally nothing for the majority of them to do.  Many arrived too late for the on ground searches, and had no local knowledge in any case and their poolside lounging and large get togethers raised not a few eyebrows among locals who questioned the appropriateness. 

The whole point and purpose of getting as many of their acquaintance over to PDL pdq was, IMO, merely as a show of solidarity.  To demonstrate to the assembled press what a popular couple this must be, who could engender such devotion that all manner of tenous acquaintances were prepared to interrupt lives,and leave children, jobs, responsibilities behind to go and "assist" at the drop of a hat.  The sheer variety of the people who went to PDL that summer astounds, people who had long been out of touch to all practical intents. At the time I wondered whether I would consider dashing off to the aid of even very close friends abroad in such circumstances.  Most people would doubtless have felt in the way, as if their presence were an intrusion and an added responsibility for the grieving couple who surely had more than enough to contend with.  Makes one wonder who persuaded them all it was appropriate to go over, and who took the time to arrange remibursement of travel and expenses. That would have given someone quite a lot to do - perhaps that was indeed an end in itself.
A lot of tourists who didn't know the lay of the land went looking for Madeleine; so, I don't see why the hordes of McCann relatives who spent their time around the pool couldn't have made an effort too. It's never too late for ground searches. They didn't do anything because almost all of them knew what happened and that Maddie was not alive.
Montclair
Montclair

Activity : 159

Back to top Go down

philomena - Philomena McCann: "..one greedy, unscrupulous character.."  - Page 2 Empty Re: Philomena McCann: "..one greedy, unscrupulous character.."

Post by Monty Heck 11.08.13 12:21

Montclair wrote:
Monty Heck wrote:
Montclair wrote:
Cristobell wrote:According to Kate's book they had a couple of apartments at the holiday complex, presumably Warners laid them on for nothing as Gerry in his blogs said the Fund wasn't used for accommodation.  I actually find it really bizarre that all their extended family and friends were flying out there, never heard anything like it in my life.
And they didn't even get off their asses to look for Madeleine. They spent their time lolling around the pool on the sunbeds.
There was literally nothing for the majority of them to do.  Many arrived too late for the on ground searches, and had no local knowledge in any case and their poolside lounging and large get togethers raised not a few eyebrows among locals who questioned the appropriateness. 

The whole point and purpose of getting as many of their acquaintance over to PDL pdq was, IMO, merely as a show of solidarity.  To demonstrate to the assembled press what a popular couple this must be, who could engender such devotion that all manner of tenous acquaintances were prepared to interrupt lives,and leave children, jobs, responsibilities behind to go and "assist" at the drop of a hat.  The sheer variety of the people who went to PDL that summer astounds, people who had long been out of touch to all practical intents. At the time I wondered whether I would consider dashing off to the aid of even very close friends abroad in such circumstances.  Most people would doubtless have felt in the way, as if their presence were an intrusion and an added responsibility for the grieving couple who surely had more than enough to contend with.  Makes one wonder who persuaded them all it was appropriate to go over, and who took the time to arrange remibursement of travel and expenses. That would have given someone quite a lot to do - perhaps that was indeed an end in itself.
A lot of tourists who didn't know the lay of the land went looking for Madeleine; so, I don't see why the hordes of McCann relatives who spent their time around the pool couldn't have made an effort too. It's never too late for ground searches.
Quite, it is never too late and many people without local knowledge did join searches.  However, since these particular people were quite obviously invited they may have imagined that there was some specific purpose in mind, only to find on arrival that there was in effect little or none.  It does seem rather perverse to bring people over then fail to deploy them in some meaningful way, by searching for a recoverable child, for example but it seems that their very presence was enough and would also handily keep someone from the inner circle pretty busy.  Just another strange episode in a very strange case.
Monty Heck

Activity : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 11.08.13 15:29

It may have been during one of the dog searches around the 7th May - I've seen a report that there were some 14 people living in one apartment. 

A member here also told me that she remembered a clip from those early days where the family/friends are happily sitting having drinks on the balcony. Looked like a normal holiday. 

I have also read that swimsuits were packed - but nothing at all about any of the friends and family doing any searching. To the extend that Kate writes they had to collect the twins themselves. 

Family was packed off on the 8th. Never mind, there was still a lovely holiday booked in Turkey in June for Phil and friends. 

Sorry, really hard to search for refs.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils 11.08.13 22:47

tigger wrote:There was a discussion quite some time ago about a holiday in Turkey which Philimena either arranged or/and took part in.
This holiday as in June  2007 and apparently Philomena went with friends and family. 

Well, they could always keep a look out for creepy men.winkwink
 Correct. The Agean Dream Resort.
She was due to go with her partner, the Camerons and a group of others. From memory about 16 of them, I think. I have the original internet page saved, but no idea how to show anyone here. It was all whooshed quite sometime ago.
Lance De Boils
Lance De Boils

Activity : 1053

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils 11.08.13 22:52

Back to that email, how do we know which apts were numbers 272 and 125?
Lance De Boils
Lance De Boils

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 11.08.13 23:40

Lance De Boils wrote:
I have the original internet page saved, but no idea how to show anyone here. It was all whooshed quite sometime ago.
Try putting the url reference into

http://www.cachedpages.com/
or the Way back machine at
http://archive.org/web/web.php

AND THEN SAVE THE RESULT AS A PDF, SCREEN SHOT, AND ANY OTHER MCCANN-PROOF WAY YOU CAN THINK OF.

Both VERY interesting ! ! !
Beyond even Carter-Rucks powers to whoosh - or so I believe.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16596

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils 12.08.13 10:30

Found it!

http://web.archive.org/web/20070607132931/http://www.aegeandream.com/v2/eng/contact.asp

If you go into that link, then at the top on the left you will see a blue button, "on-line enquiry service". Click that and you'll get the messages.

When you hover over the name links, the email addresses appear (at the bottom left of my screen.)

Please can someone else "grab this", so that I'm not the only one with a copy!

ETA:

Actually, this is better, as it's a later cache and there's a message from Phil Mc dated 15th June 2007, proving that despite maddie's disappearance, they were still planning on going:

http://web.archive.org/web/20080107203053/http://www.aegeandream.com/v2/eng/contact.asp

ETA: I think this is worthy of a discussion of its own and will therefore start a thread in the debate section shortly.
Lance De Boils
Lance De Boils

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.08.13 11:02

philomena - Philomena McCann: "..one greedy, unscrupulous character.."  - Page 2 Philmc10

philmccann@ecosse.net
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Praiaaa 12.08.13 11:17

Minor point in the scheme of things, perhaps, but wouldn't any normal person put a 'please' in a request to a hotel, just out of courtesy. Gosh, these people are an unpleasant bunch.
Praiaaa

Activity : 497

Back to top Go down

Post by windchime 12.08.13 11:27

admin wrote:philomena - Philomena McCann: "..one greedy, unscrupulous character.."  - Page 2 Philmc10

philmccann@ecosse.net
 same e mail used in page one of this thread
windchime
windchime

Activity : 140

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.08.13 11:34

windchime wrote:
admin wrote:philomena - Philomena McCann: "..one greedy, unscrupulous character.."  - Page 2 Philmc10

philmccann@ecosse.net
 same e mail used in page one of this thread
Yes, and it's definitely hers because I'd been in email correspondence with her in 2007.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by windchime 12.08.13 11:46

It has just struck me that I do not seem to recall seeing the McCann family and friends - all 26 of them - during their time in Turkey handing out posters or making it public knowledge that they were there and 'looking' for her in a country where an awful lot of people speculated she could have been taken too??

Also, I have just been quickly looking through some pictures and timelines for the Camerons and on one I was looking at it states that they stayed with the
McCanns until the end of the summer and makes no mention of them hot footing it off for a little break in Turkey??

I cannot believe for one minute that 26 family members travelled abroad using airlines, airports, transfer coaches, taxis, hotels, restaurants, beauty parlours, resort activities and there are no reports of any of them using this time to actively campaign in Turkey.

Unless I have missed something?
windchime
windchime

Activity : 140

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 12.08.13 11:46

We are a party of 26 arriving on the 24th June.(2007) Can you arrange for all the rooms to be located together.

Dear Phil McCann; We will try to our best. Kıngs Regards. Aegean Dream.

15.06.2007 04:00:16
Phil McCann

THERE'S NOTHING LIKE A GOOD "GET-TOGETHER" TO IRON OUT ANY 'DISCREPANCIES' IS THERE?

PHILOMEMA's "CLEAR LINE OF SIGHT OF THEIR KIDS"........
TRISHA's "JEMMIED" SHUTTERS, and  "AT HALF PAST NINE" WINDOWS SHUT, SHUTTERS SHUT, ALL ASLEEP, SLEEPING"
JOHN MCCANN "AND GERRY AND KATE WOULD LIKE TO FIND THE PERSON SEEN CARRYING A CHILD AT ABOUT 9:30pm, CORROBORATED BY ONE OF THEIR FRIENDS"

Seems they ALL FORGOT that Madeleine had 'disappeared' at 9:15/20pm!

Still, a lovely 'holiday' together will sort all THAT out!

SO JUST A FEW WEEKS AFTER HER DARLING WEE NIECE 'DISAPPEARED' PHIL AND THE GANG WERE NOT GOING TO BE 'SEARCHING' ANYWHERE FOR HER, UNLESS SHE WAS GOING TO BE ON HOLIDAY WITH THEM!

I'D LIKE TO GET HOLD OF THE GUEST LIST OF THE 26!

WONDER IF 'PINKIE' WAS THERE?

THE 'FAMILY' WERE CERTAINLY NOT GOING TO LET A LITTLE THING LIKE ONE OF THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS BEING 'ABDUCTED' PUT THEM OFF THEIR HOLIDAY, WERE THEY?
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils 12.08.13 11:56

Mods - have started a thread for this on the discussion section. Perhaps you could move these posts across?
Lance De Boils
Lance De Boils

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 12.08.13 12:21

I wonder how many of Auntie Phil's former students at her high school, who have now left, over these past six years, feel they have been duped, in some way or another by her, after having read the 'files and statements of the T9' for themselves?

Is she still parading around Ullapool, everyday, telling people to 'search' for darling wee niece Madeleine?
Is she asking her pupils and FORMER pupils to 'donate' to her brother's PRIVATE 'company'?
Has she told her former pupils that a lot of their 'donations' has been spent on a litigation case against a pensioner?

In short, do any of her former pupils NOW believe a single word she said or says?
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Woburn_exile 13.08.13 16:07

This McCann woman has a serious foul mouth on her.Found her on youtube last night.
big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin friends
Woburn_exile
Woburn_exile

Activity : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon 13.08.13 16:22

My god!

This message is confidential and the information must not be used, disclosed, or copied to any other person who is not entitled to receive it. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender and then delete it.
whmon
whmon

Activity : 545

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 13.08.13 16:36

Lance De Boils wrote:Mods - have started a thread for this on the discussion section. Perhaps you could move these posts across?
 Meant to say: you're a hero. LdB!  thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.01.14 15:06

I'm reviving this topic as Philomena's classic quote about a greedy, unscrupulous character claiming the reward has been mentioned elsewhere.

Please don't judge all of us by your family's standards, Philomena!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 18.01.14 15:16

Video has been whooshed !
What a surprise.

PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16596

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 18.01.14 15:22

Well yes, I'm just imagining the scenario: 'You unscrupulous greedy man! Give her here!'

UGM: I saw her in the company of two horrible looking men, she didn't look happy. i followed them and found where they lived, I phoned the police and I watched the house - hiding in a ditch until the police came. When I found out it really was
Maddie I cried and I thought how happy her parents would be to have her back.
I didn't know there was a big reward, I live in a lawless village in the countryside, we don't get English papers.

How much did you say? 2.5 million minus damages to be calculated by CR? How much is £5.95 in euros?
plus the fare home? Gosh!

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 18.01.14 15:31

Shame it has been whooshed !

It's called destroying evidence = perverting the Course of Justice.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 18.01.14 15:42

aiyoyo wrote:Shame it has been whooshed !

It's called destroying evidence = perverting the Course of Justice.

If a video has been whooshed from public viewing I would imagine that Youtube would still have it on their files and would be able to retrieve the video from their archives if needed for a police investigation.  No doubt they would have to be kept for some years in case of any "legal" battles etc that may be brought against Youtube, although I am only guessing here.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 18.01.14 17:30

PeterMac wrote:Video has been whooshed !
What a surprise.

Indeed
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 18.01.14 17:42

Does anyone remember enough to give a flavour of the content? Who was she addressing?
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top