The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

'I f***** up. What more do you want?': Michael Barrymore sobs as he apologises over the death of Stuart Lubbock in the former TV star's swimming pool 18 years go and says he'd love a second chance at his career  Mm11

'I f***** up. What more do you want?': Michael Barrymore sobs as he apologises over the death of Stuart Lubbock in the former TV star's swimming pool 18 years go and says he'd love a second chance at his career  Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

'I f***** up. What more do you want?': Michael Barrymore sobs as he apologises over the death of Stuart Lubbock in the former TV star's swimming pool 18 years go and says he'd love a second chance at his career  Mm11

'I f***** up. What more do you want?': Michael Barrymore sobs as he apologises over the death of Stuart Lubbock in the former TV star's swimming pool 18 years go and says he'd love a second chance at his career  Regist10

'I f***** up. What more do you want?': Michael Barrymore sobs as he apologises over the death of Stuart Lubbock in the former TV star's swimming pool 18 years go and says he'd love a second chance at his career

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'I f***** up. What more do you want?': Michael Barrymore sobs as he apologises over the death of Stuart Lubbock in the former TV star's swimming pool 18 years go and says he'd love a second chance at his career  Empty 'I f***** up. What more do you want?': Michael Barrymore sobs as he apologises over the death of Stuart Lubbock in the former TV star's swimming pool 18 years go and says he'd love a second chance at his career

Post by Jill Havern 05.06.19 9:51

'I f***** up. What more do you want?': Michael Barrymore sobs as he apologises over the death of Stuart Lubbock in the former TV star's swimming pool 18 years go and says he'd love a second chance at his career 
'I f***** up. What more do you want?': Michael Barrymore sobs as he apologises over the death of Stuart Lubbock in the former TV star's swimming pool 18 years go and says he'd love a second chance at his career  14387906-0-Michael_Barrymore_has_publicly_apologised_for_the_death_of_a_you-a-3_1559720886066
The entertainer said he 'could not be more sorry' for the death of Stuart Lubbock. He said he 'f***** up' in an interview on Piers Morgan's Life Stories.

Michael Barrymore has publicly apologised for the death of a young man in his pool 18 years ago in an emotional new TV interview.
The entertainer said he ‘could not be more sorry’ nearly two decades after Stuart Lubbock was found dead following a drug-fuelled party at his Essex home.
Speaking on Piers Morgan’s Life Stories, the 67-year-old maintained he ‘didn’t give Stuart anything’ that night, but said ‘if you’re the owner of the house you’re responsible for it’. 
‘You can see lots of things in hindsight. I’m not making excuses,’ he said in scenes which are set to air on Saturday on ITV.

‘I’m sorry. I could not be more sorry. I gave Stuart nothing. Whatever he took. The E’s he apparently had at the club. There were no E’s at my house. I had a joint with the guys. If there’s cocaine... he didn’t get it from me.’
Mr Lubbock, a factory supervisor, was found floating face-down in Barrymore’s swimming pool in 2001, with injuries which suggested he had been sexually assaulted. His death has never been fully solved.
Barrymore admitted to Morgan that he ‘f***** up’ when he originally declined to comment to Essex police when questioned about whether or not he had given Mr Lubbock drugs that night.
‘I f***** up. What more do you want? I f***** up,’ he said.

The former Strike It Lucky host was given a caution in October 2001 for drug offences but no further charges were brought. 
Then in June 2007 he was arrested on suspicion of murder and sexual assault. But three months later the case was dropped due to insufficient evidence.
Mr Lubbock’s death dealt a huge blow to Barrymore’s career and as a result he demanded £2.4million in damages from police.
But the Appeal Court ruled he should only receive a ‘nominal’ award – possibly as little as £1.

Barrymore told the Life Stories audience that despite everything he had become ‘stronger’ and he is ‘happy’. 
He said: ‘The very thing I loved and what made me work was taken away from me. But I have got a life without all of those things and anybody.’ 
Asked if he’d like a second chance in his career, he broke down in tears, saying: ‘I would be lying if I didn’t say that it would be amazing.’
Mr Lubbock’s father Terry, 74, was furious Barrymore had spoken about his son’s death. 
‘He still hasn’t explained what went on the night my son died,’ Mr Lubbock told the Sunday Mirror.
Barrymore also told the show his former wife Cheryl ‘didn’t like’ his close relationship with Princess Diana. 
He insisted there was ‘nothing romantic’ between him and Diana, but admitted his late wife Cheryl ‘wasn’t happy’ with their close bond. The couple divorced in 1997.
Mrs Barrymore wrote of Diana in her autobiography: ‘She took away much of the reality in our lives. In the end took control of his time and his life.’ 
Mrs Barrymore died in 2005 at the age of 56 after a battle with lung cancer.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7105413/Michael-Barrymore-apologises-death-Stuart-Lubbock-TV-stars-pool-18-years-go.html

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41632

Back to top Go down

'I f***** up. What more do you want?': Michael Barrymore sobs as he apologises over the death of Stuart Lubbock in the former TV star's swimming pool 18 years go and says he'd love a second chance at his career  Empty Re: 'I f***** up. What more do you want?': Michael Barrymore sobs as he apologises over the death of Stuart Lubbock in the former TV star's swimming pool 18 years go and says he'd love a second chance at his career

Post by Liz Eagles 05.06.19 10:07

I doubt anyone under the age of forty remembers Barrymore. Why call him for an interview with Piers Morgan and put it out on ITV on a Saturday night?

There is more to this than meets the eye.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

'I f***** up. What more do you want?': Michael Barrymore sobs as he apologises over the death of Stuart Lubbock in the former TV star's swimming pool 18 years go and says he'd love a second chance at his career  Empty Re: 'I f***** up. What more do you want?': Michael Barrymore sobs as he apologises over the death of Stuart Lubbock in the former TV star's swimming pool 18 years go and says he'd love a second chance at his career

Post by PeterMac 05.06.19 10:38

Very clever - to turn the incident into a minor drugs supplying issue, rather than a sexually motivated murder / manslaughter.
Very similar to turning a death of a child into a child-care issue.

It takes people's eyes off the squirrel.

'I f***** up. What more do you want?': Michael Barrymore sobs as he apologises over the death of Stuart Lubbock in the former TV star's swimming pool 18 years go and says he'd love a second chance at his career  Squirr13

"Admitting to something you were not accused of" is a well known tactic.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs 05.06.19 17:13

‘I’m sorry. I could not be more sorry. I gave Stuart nothing

What is the 'nothing' he did give Stuart?

Researcher/Analyst

Activity : 1825

http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 05.06.19 17:53

Barrymore's Wiki entry is interesting. His 'comeback' has been ongoing for several years.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Dean 05.06.19 20:29

Going by the quote in the first post, the "not giving him anything" or rephrased as "giving him nothing" refers to drugs.
Amy Dean
Amy Dean

Activity : 480

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 05.06.19 21:11

Amy Dean wrote:Going by the quote in the first post, the "not giving him anything" or rephrased as "giving him nothing" refers to drugs.
Petermac already answered that point.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 05.06.19 23:52

According to Mr. Barrymore - "If you're the owner of the house you're responsible for it". Given this admission, perhaps he'd oblige by explaining how a guest in his house wound up sexually assaulted and dead in Mr. Barrymore's swimming pool. We'll gladly leave the issue of recreational drugs aside in favour of an answer re. the serious question thanks!
Phoebe

Activity : 3046

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue-a-Tory 06.06.19 0:17

Piers Morgan couldn't get any more lower in the gutter by giving air time to this oxygen thief.
Rogue-a-Tory
Rogue-a-Tory

Activity : 1115

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 09.06.19 8:52

Rogue-a-Tory wrote:Piers Morgan couldn't get any more lower in the gutter by giving air time to this oxygen thief.

Let it be remembered that the McCanns were also fawned on by Piers Morgan in a grossly sycophantic interview and of course by the Queen of the celebrity interview, Oprah Winfrey herself.

This is where it all began for me.

At the moment Stuart Lubbock was murdered at about 4.30am on Saturday  1 April 2001, Michael Barrymore was a major industry. Literally hundreds of people were dependent on him for income. His shows were the most popular on TV at the time.

Then came the negative media publicity. In September 2002 followed the Inquest, a badly, perhaps corruptly handled affair, which ended with a ridiculous 'Open Verdict' which massively helped Barrymore.

Martin Bashir tried to rehabilitate him with a morose interview in which he felt terribly sorry for himself, but not for Stuart Lubbock. During the interview Barrymore came up with the absurd words: "I'm sick and tired of feeling sick and tired".

In the first week of January 2006, Barrymore was a surprise contestant in Celebrity Big Brother. It was the media moguls' attempt to bring him back into the spotlight and revive his career - just as Piers Morgan has now lowered himself to do, no doubt for a fat fee.

It was a step too far. Stuart's father Terry cried out in rage to the local media and, being a fellow resident of Harlow at the time, I reached out to offer him help.

The following occurred in rapid succession:

* A dossier on the case in which I passed to Essex Police, showing that the 'drowning' was a hoax and that Stuart was never in the pool that night
* Essex Police agreed to a full re-investigation (a proper one, with no limited remit)   
* I wrote the book: 'Not Awight: Getting Away With Murder'. Luckily, Barrymore didn't sue me for libel
* The IPCC upheld several complaints of misconduct against Essex Police, including leaving the crime scene in the care of Barrymore's Manager, Mike Brown (!) and allowing him to take the all-important temperature of Barrymore's heated swimming pool - which he must have fabricated 
* Barrymore was arrested on suspicion of murder in June 2007. I was at the Eden Project in Cornwall with my wife and my 86-year-old mother that day and spent the whole day doing interviews, including one with George Galloway, who was pretty sure Stuart Lubbock was murdered.

So began my part-time career of investigating hoaxes.

I cannot honestly write the story: "Michael Barrymore: My part in his downfall".

But I certainly could write more than a few lines on the subject: "Michael Barrymore: My part in stopping him reviving his career".   

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Dean 09.06.19 22:43

This is a comment on Facebook regarding the Piers Morgan show. Has anyone ever heard this? I haven't.

"What wasn't mentioned is the fact that expert in court, said internal injuries sustained by Stuart were also consistent with injuries when jumping at speed and with force into water. So there is every chance nobody but him caused internal injuries. Poor soul. Barrymore is innocent of any wrongdoing. But paid a price".
Amy Dean
Amy Dean

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 09.06.19 23:19

I've seen all the expert Pathologists' reports in the case and NONE of them said anything like this.

The ONLY evidence we have that Stuart Lubbock was ever in that swimming pool comes from six people whose stories changed from one moment to the next and which were wholly contradictory. They were a bunch of liars covering up a heinous and fatal sexual attack

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Dean 09.06.19 23:26

I did think that it was unlikely. I have read up about the case myself.
Amy Dean
Amy Dean

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 09.06.19 23:42

Can I ask which facebook group this is being discussed please Amy?

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Activity : 41632

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Dean 10.06.19 6:05

Hello there. It was on a private local nostalgia group but has now been deleted, I suppose because it wasn't relevant.

It was just a few people talking about Michael Barrymore and whether they felt he should be back on TV regularly. 

Nobody had replied to that comment about the expert witness when I last looked.
Amy Dean
Amy Dean

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top