The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Goncalo Amaral DID NOT LIE about Madeleine: Today (7 Dec 2015) Daily Express publishes, on page 21, an offical correction to its 29 Apr 2015 headline  Mm11

Goncalo Amaral DID NOT LIE about Madeleine: Today (7 Dec 2015) Daily Express publishes, on page 21, an offical correction to its 29 Apr 2015 headline  Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Goncalo Amaral DID NOT LIE about Madeleine: Today (7 Dec 2015) Daily Express publishes, on page 21, an offical correction to its 29 Apr 2015 headline  Mm11

Goncalo Amaral DID NOT LIE about Madeleine: Today (7 Dec 2015) Daily Express publishes, on page 21, an offical correction to its 29 Apr 2015 headline  Regist10

Goncalo Amaral DID NOT LIE about Madeleine: Today (7 Dec 2015) Daily Express publishes, on page 21, an offical correction to its 29 Apr 2015 headline

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Goncalo Amaral DID NOT LIE about Madeleine: Today (7 Dec 2015) Daily Express publishes, on page 21, an offical correction to its 29 Apr 2015 headline  Empty Goncalo Amaral DID NOT LIE about Madeleine: Today (7 Dec 2015) Daily Express publishes, on page 21, an offical correction to its 29 Apr 2015 headline

Post by Jill Havern 03.06.19 13:21

Goncalo Amaral DID NOT LIE about Madeleine: Today (7 Dec 2015) Daily Express publishes, on page 21, an offical correction to its 29 Apr 2015 headline  Expres10

Goncalo Amaral DID NOT LIE about Madeleine: Today (7 Dec 2015) Daily Express publishes, on page 21, an offical correction to its 29 Apr 2015 headline  Express11

Posted by Tony Bennett on the CMOMM forum:

On 2 May this year (2015) I made a complaint against a headline in the Daily Express which ran:

'MADDY DETECTIVE DID LIE ABOUT DEATH COVER-UP CLAIM'.

As my colleagues in Mods & Admin are aware, to extract this correction, published on page 21 of today's Daily Express, has taken 7 months of letters and negotiation back and forth with the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO) and with the Express Head of Legal Affairs, Barbara Ludlow.

I understand that I am not allowed to publish any of the correspondence, but I am told that a formal report on my complaint will be published on the IPSO website next week.

In the end, I accepted the wording you see below. Had I not done so, this would have gone to formal adjudication, and I personally doubt if I would have got a different result.

The result is a correction in the bottom left-hand corner of the page - see below.

Was it worth it?

Goncal Amaral was publicly accused in the Express's headline of having 'Lied about death cover-up claim'.

That has now been publicly corrected.

He did not lie.

I am personally content that I have not wasted my time and effort:

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t12218-goncalo-amaral-did-not-lie-about-madeleine-today-7-dec-2015-daily-express-publishes-on-page-21-an-offical-correction-to-its-29-apr-2015-headlin

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t12222-portugal-resident-newspaper-makes-sure-british-ex-pats-know-about-the-daily-express-apology-re-goncalo-amaral-8-dec-2015

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t11247-complaints-to-ipso-about-recent-press-coverage-of-the-madeleine-mccann-libel-trial-ruling-no-1-daily-express-29-april-2015

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41626

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top