The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Holier Than Thou - Page 3 Mm11

Holier Than Thou - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Holier Than Thou - Page 3 Mm11

Holier Than Thou - Page 3 Regist10

Holier Than Thou

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Holier Than Thou - Page 3 Empty Re: Holier Than Thou

Post by Tony Bennett 06.10.18 17:22

Verdi wrote:Pope Francis condemns child sex abuse and Church cover-ups

2 hours ago

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I have avoided this thread so far.

I've now had a quick scan of it and there is indeed some very interesting material on it, thank you @ Verdi for your amazing work on this thread.

The McCanns' exploitation of their alleged religious faith is certainly a matter of great interest.

The Hubbards have long fascinated me, given that I think they were among the 50-plus people who rushed into Praia da Luz that first week and also their strange and deep friendship with the McCanns over many years.

I will return to Peter Patterson's witness statement later perhaps. Kate having heavily thumbed the pages of 2 Samuel Chapter 12 is, I think, of great relevance to the case, dealing as it does with the death of King David's baby son, the result of his adulterous union with Bathsheba. I suspect, as you suggested, Verdi, that this statement of Patterson's was a concoction to try to minimise the impact of the PJ's revelation that Kate had been desperately thumbing the very page in the Bible which speaks about the death of a young child. 

However, I have popped up on the thread as I have been researching and writing about the Pope's latest child abuse scandal for the Christian newspaper I write for. Basically, the latest scandal is that the current Pope, Francis, not only did nothing about the serial sexual molestation of seminarians by U.S. Cardinal Theodore McCarrick when he became Pope in 2012, he actually not only revoked sanctions that the previous Pope (Benedict XVI) had put in place against McCarrick but actually promoted him, givng him an additional job of selecting clerics for higher office.

This proved too much for senior U.S. Archbishop Vigano, who rushed out an 11-page dossier castigating the current Pope and accusing him of utter hypocrisy and a cover-up. Several senior Cardinals have called on him publicly to resign. 

Just in the past few weeks there have been appalling new reports of industrial-scale child abuse in Pennsylvania and Germany. The German clerical child abuse scandal was too much for one of the German cardinals, who rushed off to the German magazine Der Spiegel ('The Mirror'), venting his rage at the Pope. Here's a quote from a recent German newspaper:

The Cardinal aid: "The Pope preaches mercy, but in reality he is an ice-cold, cunning Machiavellian, and, what is worse – he lies." The cardinal was referring to claims that Francis knew about sexual abuse allegations against US Cardinal Theodore McCarrick long before he admitted he was aware of them or took any action. A report from a high-ranking cardinal in August claimed the pope knew about McCarrick in 2013 - but still employed him as a consultant in naming new American bishops until his resignation in July this year. The report was the main item in this week's Der Spiegel magazine which featured a picture of the pope on the front and was titled Du Sollst Nicht Lügen (Thou Shalt Not Lie).

======

As some on here already know, I hold no brief whatsoever for the Roman Catholic Church; on the contrary I detest it as a very gross corruption of the true message of Christ, and wholly contrary to much of the Bible's teaching.   

I think I avoided even viewing this topic because of its title: 'Holier than Thou'. That's because it's a criticism often made about Christians, portraying them as self-righteous, 'holier-than-thou', hypocrites - and often no better than anyone else, and in fact often worse.

I therefore want to briefly make the point that no-one can become a true follower of Christ without admitting that he is bad, i.e. a sinner. Let me use Christ's very own words: 

"When Jesus heard it, He saith unto them; 'They that are whole have no need of a physician, but they that are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance." (Mark 2 v 17).

In other words, in becoming a Christian, one must readily accept one's many faults, and look to God to gradually put him right.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.10.18 20:26

Pope Francis is evil - he knew and he has been covering up. He still is.

But the "world" loves him because he says all those "progressive" things (that have nothing to do with Christ). 

He's in for a big fall - there are still good people in the Church and they are speaking out against him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 06.10.18 21:58

Tony Bennett wrote:I think I avoided even viewing this topic because of its title: 'Holier than Thou'.
I'm sure you realise the title is directed at the McCanns hypocrisy alone - not any specific religious beliefs.

I can't for a moment believe that Roman Catholics are blind to the horrors of the church over decades, child abuse of monumental proportions.   I'm sure it's not church doctrine to turn a blind eye to it's leaders transgressions - or is it?  A moment in the confessional, a few hail Mary's and all is right with the world?

The McCann team have actively strenuously campaigned to convince the world that their daughter, Madeleine, was abducted by a pedophile - a sex abuser of innocent little children, the worse criminal act ever imaginable.

Yet here we have them, two englanders who claim to be Catholics but vacillate considerably when it comes to true devotion.  Rushing off to the holy city to be personally blessed by the head of the Catholic church, to meet his holiness face à face - the biggest rogue on the planet?  A sick mind hiding behind pompous religious regalia who condones child sex abuse without remorse?

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 06.10.18 22:54

BlueBag wrote:Pope Francis is evil - he knew and he has been covering up. He still is.

But the "world" loves him because he says all those "progressive" things (that have nothing to do with Christ).

He's in for a big fall - there are still good people in the Church and they are speaking out against him.
+1

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 07.10.18 0:52

Peter Patterson's witness statement

I encouraged Kate to read Psalms X and XX of the Old Testament as I felt these were relevant to her. They are both believers. The Psalms reveal a confidence in God, in his justice and in the question which can be asked ?Why do bad things happen?. Psalms XX is a small oration asking Him to guide and illuminate our path in times of anguish.

The passage which is marked in my wifes bible I believe is Samuel 2:12. This passage is very significant for me and my wife but likely has so significance for Kate. I interpret this passage as saying that even though we cannot be with the two children that we have no lost, we will find them one day.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 07.10.18 1:10

Peter Patterson's witness statement  [snipped]

On Friday the 11th of May 2007 we heard rumours that the Portuguese were going to stop the searches. After having passed this information to Kate we met up in the Tapas bar in the resort between 9:30 and 9:45 in the morning. We met for only a half hour to 40 minutes as Kate had to attend a police interview.

During this meeting, I offered Kate a bible.

After meeting with Kate, I returned to Lagos and caught a taxi to Portimao where I had previously (May 2003) visited a Christian bookstore. I went with the purpose to acquire a new bible to help me through the rest of the week. Unfortunately, I did not find the bookstore.

Kate asked me to pray at the Marina, which I did, a number of times during the week. I returned home on Sunday, 13th of May, 2007, leaving from Faro at 9:30.

So, on Friday the 11th May 2007, Peter Patterson caught a taxi from Lagos to Portimao to buy a replacement bible (he didn't find the bookshop) to get him through the rest of the week, having given his wife's bible to Kate McCann highlighting a passage he didn't think relevant to the McCanns plight.  He then left Portugal to return home on Sunday 13th May 2007 - 48 hours later?

Something doesn't add up here.  Altogether a very very strange account.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 07.10.18 1:21

Tony Bennett wrote:The Hubbards have long fascinated me, given that I think they were among the 50-plus people who rushed into Praia da Luz that first week and also their strange and deep friendship with the McCanns over many years.
I agree, there is something very strange about the Hubbard's + cat, arrival in Praia da Luz within hours of Madeleine's alleged disappearance and their subsequent intimacy.

Immediate thought was Aunt Nora from Canada but the Hubbard's previous location was miles apart so I can't see any connection there.

The coincidence is just too obscure to be taken at face value.

Peter Patterson indicates a past connection with the region in Portugal and Susan Hubbard is said to have knowledge of the Portuguese language, which again indicates a connection with Portugal.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 07.10.18 1:26

Missing Madeleine Vanished on holiday

By NANCY DURHAM (CBC News, Canada): May 2, 2008

One year ago, Kate and Gerry McCann’s holiday on Portugal’s Algarve coast turned into a nightmare. On the second-last night of their vacation, the McCanns, from Leicestershire, England, put their three children to bed: Madeleine, nearly four, and two-year-old twins Sean and Emilie. Then they walked 50 metres to dine at a tapas bar, which is part of the Ocean Club complex in Praia de Luz where they were staying with friends. The couples took turns checking on each other’s children every 30 minutes or so. At around 10 p.m., Kate McCann discovered Madeleine missing from her bed.

In the year since the 3-year-old girl disappeared on May 3, 2007, a Canadian couple has been playing a crucial role of support in the lives of Kate and Gerry McCann.

The Hubbards – Haynes, an Anglican priest who was about to take up a new post as senior chaplain for the Algarve Anglican Church, and Susan, a midwife – arrived in Praia de Luz three days after Madeleine’s disappearance. The town was in chaos as police combed the area looking for the missing British girl, reporters jostled for interviews and helicopters circled in the sky. This was no longer the peaceful tourist town the couple remembered from a previous visit when Haynes temporarily filled the role of Anglican chaplain in the former fishing village. Now he was arriving to take on the job full time.

God brought us here

The Hubbards appear to have had enough of reporters. Yet they agree to open their door to another inquisitive stranger for one reason only: because there’s a chance that giving another interview just might help find the little girl they’ve never met.
The Hubbards now believe Madeleine’s disappearance is the reason they were “called” to Portugal. Susan remembers the moment it hit her.

“It wasn’t until months later, when I saw really why God had brought us here, that I was awestruck that he confirmed we were to be here before we even set foot in our town of Praia de Luz,” she says. “For me, he confirmed it on the plane … the fact that there was a child missing here gave us our first mission before we even set foot in the place.”

Hold on to your baby

Their arrival was unnerving. When their plane landed in Lisbon, Susan was warned.

“This old woman grabbed me, and I was holding on to our five-month-old son, Caspian, and she grabbed my arm and spoke to me in Portuguese: ‘Hold on to your baby; there’s been an English child taken.'”

At first, Susan double-locked the doors and windows to keep their three children safe. Caspian has an older sister, Gabriela, 9, and brother, Sebastian, now 10. Soon, the family relaxed, and Haynes, too, saw this was the place they were meant to be.

“It was pretty clear that He was using us, of the same age [as the McCanns] and with small children and Susan speaking Portuguese … and being able to relate to them in a tiny way, to lead them in prayer and just to walk with them,” he said.

Haynes Hubbard loves travel, so when it was time to move on from his Dunnville, Ont., parish, he and Susan saw the job opening in Praia de Luz as an opportunity. Haynes says he felt a little guilty “in terms of my ministry, wanting to travel,” but a friend encouraged him to see it as a gift, pointing out that he could be useful abroad.

Rural Ontario roots

It’s hard to imagine a couple better suited to extend the hand of friendship to Kate and Gerry McCann, who are also devout Christians. Although the McCanns are Roman Catholic, in this seaside town, the lines between Catholic and Protestant are blurred. Both faiths share the pretty, white and mustard yellow-trimmed church, Our Lady of Light, which sits just above the shimmering beach in the town centre.

The McCanns were soon attending Haynes Hubbard’s weekly services, and Susan Hubbard reached out to Kate McCann. In keeping with her rural Ontario upbringing, she made her approach in that very Canadian way of offering food.

“It’s something my mother would always do, being a part of the church community in Canada,” Susan said.

More gifts of food followed, and notes, and soon a warm friendship between Susan Hubbard and Kate McCann began.

Susan wants it known that their friendship is not one-sided. She describes how throughout the McCanns’ own desperate ordeal, Kate inquired about the Hubbards’ children.

“That’s how she is,” Susan said. “In the middle of her grief, she still is such a caring, loving friend.”

In fact, Susan says, it was the McCanns who helped the Hubbards settle in to their new parish. Susan has visited the McCanns since their return to England last September, and the two women keep in close touch through text messages and e-mail.

‘Pray for me’

The Hubbards have faithfully stood by the McCanns throughout their ordeal, and they continue to do so. They hold weekly vigils for Madeleine in Our Lady of Light. A photograph of the little girl’s smiling face is on the wall by the altar. Beside it, the words “pray for me” are written.

Sightings of Madeleine have been reported across Europe and as far away as Australia, each one turning out to be a disappointment. At summer’s end last year, and with no clue to Madeleine’s disappearance, the Portuguese police named her parents as suspects, which in Portugal allows police to question witnesses more thoroughly.

No charges have been laid against the McCanns, but British tabloid newspapers turned on the couple, printing dozens of false stories filled with rumour and innuendo suggesting they were responsible for their daughter’s disappearance. The McCanns sued, and in March, the Express newspaper group paid more than $1 million in damages to the couple and printed front-page apologies. The McCanns are using the funds to support their campaign to find Madeleine as well as to launch a program in Europe similar to the North American Amber Alert system used to find missing children.

The Hubbards, like the McCanns, believe Madeleine may well be alive, and they pray for her safe return. The Hubbards’ faith in God is unwavering, though Susan Hubbard wonders “why our prayers haven’t been answered.”

“I don’t understand that,” she says. “I’ve seen the letters come into their home and their hands. How could so many people be praying for the exact same thing and it not happen? It’s hard.”

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 16.10.18 23:54

Gerry McCann's Blog:  Day 106- 17/08/2007

This evening we had another vigil for Madeleine and other lost children. The priest who married us and is a good friend led the service that was conducted in English and Portuguese. The church was almost full but there was a calm serenity and sense of peace, which I find, helps me achieve an inner calm despite the turmoil in lives.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 22.10.18 1:38

It was seven-thirty by the time one of the PJ officers drove us away from the police station. Angela Morado came with us. Ten or fifteen minutes into our journey, the police officer had a call from his station. He said something to Angela, who explained that he’d been ordered to return us to the police station straight away. He wasn’t allowed to tell us why. Already driving at quite a scary speed, he suddenly swung the car into a U-turn, floored the accelerator and drove us at a life-threatening 120mph plus back towards Portimão. I cannot overstate how terrifying this was. Had Madeleine been found? Please God. Was she alive? Was she dead? Gerry and I clung on to each other for dear life. I was crying hysterically and praying for all I was worth.

Back at the police station we endured at least another ten minutes of torture in the waiting area before somebody showed us a photograph, clearly taken from CCTV, of a blonde child with a woman in a petrol-station shop. We weren’t told anything about this, just asked whether the little girl was Madeleine. She wasn’t. And that was that. Again we were sent on our way, utterly devastated.

Kate McCann [circa. May 2007]

Madeleine who?

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sar 22.10.18 10:48

Tony Bennett wrote:
Verdi wrote:Pope Francis condemns child sex abuse and Church cover-ups

2 hours ago

I have avoided this thread so far.

I've now had a quick scan of it and there is indeed some very interesting material on it, thank you @ Verdi for your amazing work on this thread.

The McCanns' exploitation of their alleged religious faith is certainly a matter of great interest.

The Hubbards have long fascinated me, given that I think they were among the 50-plus people who rushed into Praia da Luz that first week and also their strange and deep friendship with the McCanns over many years.

I will return to Peter Patterson's witness statement later perhaps. Kate having heavily thumbed the pages of 2 Samuel Chapter 12 is, I think, of great relevance to the case, dealing as it does with the death of King David's baby son, the result of his adulterous union with Bathsheba. I suspect, as you suggested, Verdi, that this statement of Patterson's was a concoction to try to minimise the impact of the PJ's revelation that Kate had been desperately thumbing the very page in the Bible which speaks about the death of a young child. 

However, I have popped up on the thread as I have been researching and writing about the Pope's latest child abuse scandal for the Christian newspaper I write for. Basically, the latest scandal is that the current Pope, Francis, not only did nothing about the serial sexual molestation of seminarians by U.S. Cardinal Theodore McCarrick when he became Pope in 2012, he actually not only revoked sanctions that the previous Pope (Benedict XVI) had put in place against McCarrick but actually promoted him, givng him an additional job of selecting clerics for higher office.

This proved too much for senior U.S. Archbishop Vigano, who rushed out an 11-page dossier castigating the current Pope and accusing him of utter hypocrisy and a cover-up. Several senior Cardinals have called on him publicly to resign. 

Just in the past few weeks there have been appalling new reports of industrial-scale child abuse in Pennsylvania and Germany. The German clerical child abuse scandal was too much for one of the German cardinals, who rushed off to the German magazine Der Spiegel ('The Mirror'), venting his rage at the Pope. Here's a quote from a recent German newspaper:

The Cardinal aid: "The Pope preaches mercy, but in reality he is an ice-cold, cunning Machiavellian, and, what is worse – he lies." The cardinal was referring to claims that Francis knew about sexual abuse allegations against US Cardinal Theodore McCarrick long before he admitted he was aware of them or took any action. A report from a high-ranking cardinal in August claimed the pope knew about McCarrick in 2013 - but still employed him as a consultant in naming new American bishops until his resignation in July this year. The report was the main item in this week's Der Spiegel magazine which featured a picture of the pope on the front and was titled Du Sollst Nicht Lügen (Thou Shalt Not Lie).

======

As some on here already know, I hold no brief whatsoever for the Roman Catholic Church; on the contrary I detest it as a very gross corruption of the true message of Christ, and wholly contrary to much of the Bible's teaching.   

I think I avoided even viewing this topic because of its title: 'Holier than Thou'. That's because it's a criticism often made about Christians, portraying them as self-righteous, 'holier-than-thou', hypocrites - and often no better than anyone else, and in fact often worse.

I therefore want to briefly make the point that no-one can become a true follower of Christ without admitting that he is bad, i.e. a sinner. Let me use Christ's very own words: 

"When Jesus heard it, He saith unto them; 'They that are whole have no need of a physician, but they that are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance." (Mark 2 v 17).

In other words, in becoming a Christian, one must readily accept one's many faults, and look to God to gradually put him right.
Thanks Tony,

I have a huge respect for you and your faith.  Although not religious my self I slightly sheepishly benefit from many of your unabashedly faith based contributions, notwithstanding your unrelenting input into this case and many others.  I believe that exposing ones self and others to thoughts, ideas and feelings, in a safe non-judgmental environment can be a powerful tool in attempting to better understand ourselves and come to terms with what can be conflicting views.  I appreciate Smithman et al have rumbled on for 1000+ pages, originally I thought "For the Love of The Force" can we please leave it now, but very little is factual about this case.  Much of our ideas are hung on facts (like a shaky nail) reinforced by notional ideas of what we think would be "normal".  The break throughs, even those such as "revelation moments" / the sudden appearance of "creche dad" are as nothing to the glacial power of CMoMM.  So, yes Smithman will probably rumble on forever, but, there are many areas where the ground has or will firm up.  This is to everyone's advantage and will be applying growing pressure on those who know the truth but until now have been unwilling to share it.     

(forgive my use of "therapy style" language
sar

Activity : 1680

Back to top Go down

Holier Than Thou - Page 3 Empty Wha's the significance of the marina to Kate McCann?

Post by worriedmum 22.10.18 17:59

Verdi wrote:Peter Patterson's witness statement  [snipped]

''On Friday the 11th of May 2007 we heard rumours that the Portuguese were going to stop the searches. After having passed this information to Kate we met up in the Tapas bar in the resort between 9:30 and 9:45 in the morning. We met for only a half hour to 40 minutes as Kate had to attend a police interview.

During this meeting, I offered Kate a bible.

After meeting with Kate, I returned to Lagos and caught a taxi to Portimao where I had previously (May 2003) visited a Christian bookstore. I went with the purpose to acquire a new bible to help me through the rest of the week. Unfortunately, I did not find the bookstore.

Kate asked me to pray at the Marina, which I did, a number of times during the week
. I returned home on Sunday, 13th of May, 2007, leaving from Faro at 9:30.

So, on Friday the 11th May 2007, Peter Patterson caught a taxi from Lagos to Portimao to buy a replacement bible (he didn't find the bookshop) to get him through the rest of the week, having given his wife's bible to Kate McCann highlighting a passage he didn't think relevant to the McCanns plight.  He then left Portugal to return home on Sunday 13th May 2007 - 48 hours later?''

Something doesn't add up here.  Altogether a very very strange account.
Why would Kate ask someone to pray at the Marina?
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 22.10.18 22:01

worriedmum wrote:Why would Kate ask someone to pray at the Marina?

A plant - the biggest Aspidistra in the world ..

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 02.11.18 15:03

Kate McCann speaks of her doubt in God after daughter Madeleine’s disappearance

Karen Peake  Wed 11 May 2011

Kate McCann has revealed the anger and confusion she felt towards God after her young daughter disappeared from the family’s holiday apartment in Portugal’s Praia da Luz four years ago.

In her new book, Mrs McCann opens up about the anguish she and husband, Gerry, felt when three-year-old Madeleine was abducted in 2007, and the desperate search for their daughter that has so far yielded nothing.

The 43-year-old devout Catholic admits to feeling like God had abandoned her and wondering why the prayers for her daughter’s return seem to have gone unanswered.

“I am often asked, ‘Has your faith been tested? Do you get angry with God?’

“There have been many times when I’ve felt God has deserted me or that he has let Madeleine down.

“I’ve occasionally doubted his existence altogether. And yes, I’ve been angry with Him.

“I’ve shouted out loud and on occasion I’ve hit things. I’m afraid even the church pews have had the odd thumping.”

Elsewhere in the book, Mrs McCann speaks of being “weighed down by guilt” in the years since her daughters disappearance and the fight she and Gerry faced to keep their marriage together.

Despite her moments of anger towards God, Mrs McCann goes on to say that she does not blame God for Madeleine’s abduction.

“The abductor is responsible for that. What I do wrestle with though, is the inexplicable fact that despite so many prayers, almost total global awareness, and a vast amount of hard work, we still do not have an answer.

“My aunt quotes a saying, ‘Pray as if everything depends on God. Work as if everything depends on you’, and I truly believe that is what we’ve done.

“Thousands of other people, maybe millions, have prayed. So if Madeleine is alive, why hasn’t God brought her back to us?

“If she is not, surely he could lead us to the truth and put a stop to the terrible anguish of not knowing?

“What do we have to do, how long do we have to wait, until he tells us something? Anything?”

She goes on to say that, for now, her anger towards God “seems to have subsided” and that she still believes in him.

“I believe in him and I still feel his presence,” she says in the book.

She goes on to say: “For the most part I try my best to accept that it is not for me to question his plan. Maybe I just need to be patient and trust him.

“There is one thing of which I am confident: I believe wherever Madeleine is, God is with her. And in my calmer moments, I also believe that in God’s time we’ll get there.”

‘Madeleine’ by Kate McCann is out tomorrow, the day of Madeleine’s eighth birthday.

Susan Healy wrote:Kate and Gerry were not the most devout family.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 02.11.18 23:36

Praia da Luz priest denies reports in UK newspaper

PRAIA DA Luz church is receiving the image of Our Lady of Fátima on Monday, December 18, in a special visit to the region and this is the reason why ribbons and images of Madeleine McCann have been temporarily removed from its interior, according to father José Manuel Pacheco, the local catholic priest .Praia da Luz’s community “has not forgotten the little British girl and special prayers are still being held every Friday,” father José Manuel Pacheco told The Resident.The catholic priest was reacting to reports in the UK’s Daily Express in which he is said to have “ordered the removal of scores of green and yellow ribbons which were put up as a symbol of hope in the days after Madeleine vanished”. The British newspaper quotes a “close friend to the priest” as saying that the latter “can’t even hear the Madeleine case mentioned without becoming irate.” A statement that father José Manuel Pacheco describes as “barbarity” and a “lie”. “I do not know who that ‘friend’ might be, but I doubt such person is my friend”, he told The Resident.Father José Manuel Pacheco ensures that “priests have no power to order anything in our churches. We have an entity for that, which is the Conselho Pastoral, where the catholic community is represented”.Church keyWith regards to the key to Praia da Luz church that the McCanns were given after Madeleine went missing, so that the couple could pray in privacy, “that was a decision made by the Conselho Pastoral and I only knew about it three days later”.Father José Manuel Pacheco said: “Madeleine McCann’s parents know that we support them and that is the most important thing. The family kept very close and good relations with the church and its representatives in Praia da Luz”.Madeleine McCann has now been missing for 225 days and her parents renew appeals every day looking for “that piece of information” that will lead to her being found. In contrast, the police investigation being carried out in Portugal continues to focus on the couple as the main suspects for her probable death.If you have any information on the whereabouts of Madeleine McCann, please contact the McCann helpline on +34 902 300 213 or the Portuguese Police on +351 282 405 400.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 04.11.18 20:22

The British Medical Journal: The BMJ is a weekly peer reviewed journal.

Madeleine McCann

Des Spence, general practitioner, Glasgow - 2nd June 2007

At the time of writing Madeleine McCann is still missing.

I became vaguely aware of the story of the 4 year old girl who went missing while on holiday in Portugal from a crackling radio bulletin. I had an odd sense of unease, but it wasn't until the phone rang—“That's Gerry's daughter”—that the penny dropped. I was at university with Madeleine's father. As the media story took off, my children bombarded me with questions, but I just didn't know what to say. The next day I pulled into a local garage. After sifting through all the banal birthday cards I eventually found a card I felt I could send. Half an hour later the card was still blank: what possible words of comfort could I offer to Gerry and his wife in such plight? I wrote four words.

Since then I have stayed silent, partly out of respect and partly through a desire not to intrude on the family's grief. Last week an old friend emailed me and asked if I would write for Madeleine, but I am a hack and do not feel worthy.

The vision of Madeleine's mother, Kate McCann, holding her daughter's soft toy is my abiding memory. Little is made of Gerry and Kate being doctors, because above all else they are simply parents. Despite all the generous offers of support, the pain etched on their faces says it all: there is nothing that they would not sacrifice to have her back.

They have been criticised for leaving their children unattended, but I too have taken my family on a Mark Warner holiday. We did exactly what Gerry and Kate did: left the kids and checked them regularly while we ate. This was a type of holiday promoted as brief respite from the constant onslaught of caring for preschoolers and, above all, considered “safe.” The McCanns merely did as countless thousands of other parents have done. Any blame or guilt is grossly misplaced and unkind, for they are victims of a random act of utter malevolence. No one has the right to question the McCanns' parental commitment.

Our profession can relate directly to Madeleine's disappearance, and many doctors have personalised the tragedy. Yellow ribbons have been widely worn; beautiful Madeleine innocently gazes from posters on every surgery waiting room in Glasgow; and church services have been overflowing. Medicine can seem a disparate profession, as we scurry along pursuing our careers, but Madeleine's abduction reminds us that the professional veneer of coping with anything is just that—a veneer. We are just ordinary people too, and this story pointedly reminds us that without family and friends life has little meaning. Importantly, religious faith has been recognised for what it is, an affirming source of hope and comfort for the McCanns and millions of others.

Kate and Gerry have been dignified and resolute. They should know that they carry the best wishes and thoughts of the whole profession. We hope they find Madeleine soon. They rightly seek to maintain Madeleine's media profile ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[Reproduced for research and study purposes only]

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 04.11.18 20:28

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 04.11.18 20:55

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Holier Than Thou - Page 3 Empty Ref;Holier than Thou

Post by willowthewisp 05.11.18 14:30

Verdi wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
With No Mention of the "News of The World" £1.5 Million Reward,"for the Safe Return Of Madeleine",what did the NoTW already know!
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Activity : 4912

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 05.11.18 15:03

Publish or be damned - whilst you're at it, make that £125,000s worth of damnation!

Kate McCann's diary extract from the News of the World..

SATURDAY, JULY 7: We had breakfast and got the children ready as usual. At 10.30 the four of us went to the Algarve Shopping Centre.
The plan was to buy sandals and some other things for the children. However the journey was a disaster. We had to stop three times on the way there, since Sean and Amelie were crying alternately.

PAIN REVISITED: Kate and Gerry McCann talk ahead of the one year anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance

I began to feel that it had been a wasted day, even though Sean and Amelie had some good goes in Noddy's car and Popeye's boat. The return journey was slightly more bearable.

I had a 'moment' while we were having lunch. I saw a woman who looked pregnant and I began to think about when I was pregnant with Sean and Amelie. And then it hit me. (Kate then remembers a touching scene from the past.) Madeleine was coming to visit us later that evening, the look of wonder on her face, and afterwards she got in beside me in bed. She was and is so adorable' a real jewel, a real gift. And I painfully miss her. At around 18.00 went to church. It was good... there was nobody else there. Later Gerry turned up and joined me and we went down as far as the rocks on the beach and talked a little about Madeleine. But I began to feel slightly pessimistic and fearful. Please, my God, prove to us that we are not wrong. But I was feeling worse. Please, my God, let this have a happy ending.

I have been thinking a lot about you today, Madeleine. I am so worried and frightened for you. I can only hope that God has you in his hands and brings you back to us soon. Please, my God, help us, help Madeleine.

We love her and we need her so much, and she loves us and needs us. Please, please, please make it so that we have some good news soon. Good night darling. I love you. (I can hardly wait to say 'See you tomorrow.') XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sar 07.11.18 0:27

sickening pretence
sar

Activity : 1680

Back to top Go down

Holier Than Thou - Page 3 Empty Holier than Thou

Post by willowthewisp 07.11.18 15:13

sar wrote:sickening pretence
Hi sar,that's the point most people use reasoned thought into investigation,other than what people espouse through mendacious mouthpieces like Clarence Mitchell for Eleven years and Carter Ruck,even Sir Bernard Hogan Howe fluffed his lines on a live LBC broadcast in regard to Madeleine McCann and her demise!

Yet sir Bernard Hogan Howe was allowed to have his final throw of the dice,"Bungling Burglars",what a laughing stock they have made of Police Officers who are committed to carrying out their Duties?

your above words speak about what has happened to Madeleine McCann!
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Activity : 4912

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 23.11.18 23:47

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs 24.11.18 6:05

‘Thank you God for bringing Gerry, Madeleine, Sean and Amelie into my life. Please keep them all safe, healthy and happy. Amen.’ Please keep them all safe. It must be said that when I’d prayed for their safety I’d been thinking: please don’t let them fall off something and bang their heads, or please don’t let them be involved in a car accident.

Order is important, here i note kate tells us she prayed and in her prayer she included 2 specific items to be protected from.
'fall off something and bang their heads, or please don’t let them be involved in a car accident.

[/b]Here she puts falling off something and banging their head before being involved in a car accident.
Why did she put falling and banging their head before a car accident?
It was at the forefront of her mind.
Of all the things she prayed for, specifying safety as an example, her first thought was falling and banging their head.
It is so specific which leads me to think that this is what happened to Maddie.
She had also previously spoken about falling when talking to Mrs Fenn
‘Oh, I see,’ almost as if she’d just been told that a can of beans had fallen off a kitchen shelf.'

Now, we know Maddie is dead.

We know they couldn't allow an autopsy to take place.

We know the children were sedated especially as the twins did not wake up despite all the noise and disturbance, with the mccanns claiming initially that the twins were deep sleepers which later changed to sedation by the abductor.

We know kate had issues relating to Maddie when she told us Maddie was demanding and attention seeking, had tantrums and so on and required help to manage the children, even to family flying down to help  when they had time and co opting one of the nursery workers to help out at home.

We know kate was focused on sleep and the children's bed times, only seeming happy when they were all abed.

We know kate and gerry did the unexpected when they did not demand the twins be taken to hospital and examined for injuries and also what they had been sedated with, despite both being doctors and other doctors were in the group, they did not have the facilities to do the tests at hand.

We know they had private tests done 3 months later we kate claiming they were left nearly bald with all the hair she claims they took, when all that was needed was a couple of strands.

We know she claimed no drugs were found, there wouldn't be in the blood as that would have cleared the system within hours  and in the hair it depend how long the hair was before the hair cut which could have removed anything they had been given and also we were not told what drugs they were tested for.
If they tested  for ABC and the children had been sedated with D it would not show up.

Hair would however show if long term sedation had taken place and with what.
Remember Shannon Matthews whose hair showed long term sedation.

We know both kate and gerry and clarrie have told us Maddie was dead.

We know the children were babysat each night by the adult missing from the table, kate and gerry have told us this.

We know the mccanns, their tapas chums and all the family members that came over did not search for Maddie.

We know kate and gerry did not call out to Maddie or the abductor unless prompted first and when they did it was lack luster monotone with no expressions or emotions towards Maddie.

We know about the Drs Gaspar statements indicating inappropriate  behavior towards Maddie.

We know payne likes to bathe other people children.

We know a social worker recognized him in relation to her work. She could not remember if he was a witness or a perpetrator.

We know payne has been publicly called out as a paedophile and has failed to deny or make any response concerning said allegation, possibly the worst thing you can call a man.

We know that 15/19 factors in the fluids found in the hire car 3 weeks after Maddie vanished match Maddie, with the remaining 4 too degraded to use (at that period of time)

We know that the PJ need a 19/19 match to identify the person and be used in court whereas in the UK 12/19 would be allowed and they would currently be in jail.

We know blood and body fluids and the scent of cadaverine were found in the apartment behind the sofa and in the parents wardrobe and also the hire car.

We know a sample on a bedspread was initially identified as semen and subsequently changed to saliva and blamed on a previous boy guest.

We know the mccanns and chums refused to answer all questions and cooperate with the police in taking part in a reconstruction.

We know the mccanns lied about only using the fund to allegedly find their daughter, instead using it to pay their mortgage, hire investigators who had no experience in finding missing persons, engaged in money laundering, drugs etc and were not allowed to investigate in Portugal.

We know they never sued kevin halligan for the money he stole from the fund, money he supposedly used to search for Maddie but who spent it on his lifestyle.

We know they hired 2 ex detectives who created their company only after being hired and used a nearly identical company name as one in America a genuine private detective company with an excellent reputation and experience in finding missing persons in order to make them look better than they were and had no idea on how to do an investigation even to not interviewing people.

We know the mccanns used the fund to sue anyone who disagreed with their version of events including Dr Amaral the now ex lead detective in the case to find Maddie.

We know the mccanns have never acted the way genuine innocent parents of a missing child would act nor have they spoken the way innocent parents would speak, even to using a script for their first appeal.

We know the mccanns have acted the way every guilty parent acts when claiming their child has been abducted whilst in reality they have killed their child either deliberately for whatever reason or accidentally during the commission of another crime.

We know the mccanns described Maddie as almost perfect, something unexpected from a parent who regards every child of their as perfect.

We know Maddie was almost perfect apart from her perfect little genitals torn apart
This, in a book written for the twins and supposed Maddie when she was found.

We know kate describe exactly how a body looks when kept in a cold environment after a couple of days "I was crying out that I could see Madeleine lying cold and mottled, on a big grey stone slab

WE know the mccanns ended up getting rid of persons on the board of the fund who probably disagreed with what the mccanns wanted  to do with the fund and instead made themselves directors and had family and friends on the board who then admitted they used the fund for their legal costs.

We know the mccanns have told the world they are taking Dr Amaral to the ECHR to try and avoid paying legal costs as well as getting the verdicts in his favor overturned.
The problem is, the ECHR does not interfere in civil suits, they cannot and will not overturn  verdicts issued by the Supreme Court.
The ECHR will only listen to cases against the state.
The ECHR will simply refuse to listen to their application.
Whilst searching the ECHR the mccanns are now trying to sue the Portuguese state.

The mccanns are claiming that they will have to pay Dr Amaral £350,000 when they won't, all they will have to pay is the legal costs of those they sued and their own fees which could be quite substantial since they are using carter-ruck (who are claiming to be working pro bono which begs the question why if they have read the case notes)

Kate and gerry have told us Maddie is dead.
Clarrie has also told us Maddie is dead.

Believe them

Researcher/Analyst

Activity : 1825

http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 25.11.18 20:32

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down