The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Youtube + Dailymotion Link - Kate & Gerry FULL Interview - 10 Year Anniversary - Page 2 Mm11

Youtube + Dailymotion Link - Kate & Gerry FULL Interview - 10 Year Anniversary - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Youtube + Dailymotion Link - Kate & Gerry FULL Interview - 10 Year Anniversary - Page 2 Mm11

Youtube + Dailymotion Link - Kate & Gerry FULL Interview - 10 Year Anniversary - Page 2 Regist10

Youtube + Dailymotion Link - Kate & Gerry FULL Interview - 10 Year Anniversary

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Youtube + Dailymotion Link - Kate & Gerry FULL Interview - 10 Year Anniversary - Page 2 Empty Re: Youtube + Dailymotion Link - Kate & Gerry FULL Interview - 10 Year Anniversary

Post by ChippyM 30.04.17 21:06

@Judex   She does seem to become emotional at that point and so does Gerry

She says something along the lines of 'I can't imagine, (sighs)   as I say 10 years is a long time, but ultimately,  we're her mum and dad....she has lots of family , friends...'

What Peter Hyatt says about people not being able to suppress the truth comes to mind. She is asked what would you feel if she came back and she says 
"I can't imagine''. Maybe that's because it's true, it is not possible for her to imagine an impossible scenario and then  after she says 'we're her mum and dad' and exchanges looks between her and Gerry. If M. has died then 'we are' her mum and dad would be painful to say as they know it isn't true anymore.

I know statement analysis can be subjective and I wasn't convinced in it at all until I watched the Embedded confession video.....but I think it is telling, just my opinion.
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Youtube + Dailymotion Link - Kate & Gerry FULL Interview - 10 Year Anniversary - Page 2 Empty Re: Youtube + Dailymotion Link - Kate & Gerry FULL Interview - 10 Year Anniversary

Post by Rogue-a-Tory 30.04.17 21:06

Daily Motion? I know what daily motion this is helping me with!
Rogue-a-Tory
Rogue-a-Tory

Activity : 1115

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 30.04.17 21:08

I don't like the way that FB calls them 'the pair of you' at the beginning. A bit too casual and matey.

I don't like FB prompting Gerry to say that the Portuguese closed the case. Isn't it the fact that they had to stop when the Mccanns left Portugal? And if they had simply asked for it to be re-opened, the PJ would have done this? Please correct me if I've got this wrong.
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 30.04.17 21:35

I have just watched the whole interview. Does anyone else find it incredible that not once do the Mccanns appeal to the 'abductor'?
That not once do they look at the camera and talk to Madeleine ?
That not once do they break down at the thought of what could be happening to an abducted child?
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmaryholmes 30.04.17 21:44

If you had never heard of the Mccanns, and you watched the video with the sound off, would you think they were talking about an extremely traumatic situation? No tears, no expressive gestures with the hands.
Cmaryholmes

Activity : 915

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia 30.04.17 21:47

In this video I can see a devestated couple filled with there own guilt that after 10 years and probably knowing what happened to their Daughter they still have to keep up the pretence.In this video IMO they are wondering would she be the problem child she was in 2007 (according to family members) or would she be a lovely young teenager Kate IMO is wondering what size bra would she have,would she have a boyfriend would she love to come shopping with me I think guilt is eating them away god bless Maddie.xx
petunia

Activity : 607

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 30.04.17 21:50

Cmaryholmes wrote:If you had never heard of the Mccanns, and you watched the video with the sound off, would you think they were talking about an extremely traumatic situation? No tears, no expressive gestures with the hands.
They probably know Peter Hyatt and PeterMac are watching them big grin

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41844

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 30.04.17 22:08

Judex wrote:
ChippyM wrote:The bit at 11.15 is interesting.

Fiona Bruce asks something about 'how different is your life now because every parent imagines what life would be like' 

….Kate says it’s a hard one, doesn’t seem to be able to answer and turns to Gerry

11.29,  Gerry - (Coughs and with voice faltering)...I think before Madeliene,..(cough) was, taken…..

It seems like he was going to say one word here after Madeliene but coughs instead, seems uncomfortable and corrects himself.  I think ‘died’ would have fit there, and he corrects himself with ‘was taken.'

Absolutely agree. Interesting to note that their bodies are virtually immobile throughout; very slow, stilted and rehearsed; especially G; no squirming or touching ears/nose. And no clasped hands on show from either!
But G struggles to stay subdued.
When he stumbles at 'I think before Madeliene,..(cough) was, taken' (11.29) he also swallows hard, but as soon as he feels he has recovered his composure he lets slip a quickly suppressed broad grin of 'duper's delight'. Watch it again. Very similar to the suppressed grin when asked about sightings of Madeleine.
There is one very very strange moment from K. When asked how she will feel when she sees Madeleine again, (at 21.16) Gerry gives her an odd look as she begins to ramble as if to cover what is clearly an irrepressible upsurge of some extremely powerful emotion, probably close to grief. This seems utterly inappropriate when she should be saying/feeling  'we will all be overjoyed!'
Please watch again and see if you agree.
I saw that grin slide on and off his face.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 30.04.17 22:23

worriedmum wrote:I have just watched the whole interview. Does anyone else find it incredible that not once do the Mccanns appeal to the 'abductor'?
That not once do they look at the camera and talk to Madeleine ?
That not once do they break down at the thought of what could be happening to an abducted child?

I too have found it shocking, worriedmum!  But if they did make an appeal now, it would be deemed grossly irresponsible and/or suspicious to have waited ten long years, and would further serve to highlight just how dubious their entire abduction story is. So they are keeping their heads down on this too, as it ranks up there with them not searching on the night Maddie disappeared; not answering police questions; and indeed refusing to attend a reconstruction.  In short, crucial actions that could have saved Madeleine were she truly abducted.  
imo
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi 01.05.17 11:24

1) I thought it was very interesting that throughout the interview Gerry mentioned the word 'prosecuted/prosecution' several times, when this case has nowhere near reached prosecution level of anyone. 

2) When asked how important it was to keep fighting accusations, Gerry seemed to think it was more important to defend themselves for the sake of their brothers and sisters, their adult family rather than their own children. FB sort of interrupted him and said 'for Sean and  Amelie?' and he agreed with that as an afterthought. To me that suggests more of a concern with defence and maintaining innocence in the eyes of adults around them, rather than protecting their children from the painful thought that their parents might be responsible.

3) When asked about how they remain strong together and whether it was and still is hard, Kate was the one to speak up. She said 'fortunately there's never been any blame' between them. It makes me think that perhaps she was responsible for the initial act on her own, and Gerry then took charge to cover the incident up. I don't think Gerry would try to reassure her in front of other people that he doesn't blame her for what happened, so I think she was more confirming to herself aloud that he doesn't blame her for it, if that makes sense. That particular question also seemed much harder to answer for her, lots of swallowing.

Overall far too much duper's delight, stiffness and inappropriate emotion going on, but as said above, after ten years they're finally improving a little. I wonder how many takes it took to get it decent enough for the propaganda machine that is the BBC though.
nglfi

Activity : 866

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 01.05.17 11:58

nglfi wrote:1) I thought it was very interesting that throughout the interview Gerry mentioned the word 'prosecuted/prosecution' several times, when this case has nowhere near reached prosecution level of anyone. 
........snipped........

I noticed that. He kept saying 'prosecute it'... as in the investigation. I suppose you can use the word in that sense but most people would say 'continue' or 'carry on the investigation.'
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by MTSTAR 01.05.17 14:15

JulieC wrote:That still from the video doesn't do KM any favours.
No, she's not looking too good is she.
MTSTAR
MTSTAR

Activity : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by MTSTAR 02.05.17 14:15

ChippyM wrote:
nglfi wrote:1) I thought it was very interesting that throughout the interview Gerry mentioned the word 'prosecuted/prosecution' several times, when this case has nowhere near reached prosecution level of anyone. 
........snipped........

I noticed that. He kept saying 'prosecute it'... as in the investigation. I suppose you can use the word in that sense but most people would say 'continue' or 'carry on the investigation.'
I think Kate looks unwell.  It must surely take its toll when you have to keep up the pretence year in year out.  She can't possibly ever relax and I think it's showing now.  Gerry looks much the same but Kate looks to have aged drastically.
MTSTAR
MTSTAR

Back to top Go down

Post by sar 02.05.17 15:56

Cmaryholmes wrote:I wonder how much Fiona Bruce was paid for this propaganda piece. She has plummeted in my estimation. A child is missing under the most peculiar circumstances. Millions of tax payers' money has been spent. Wouldn't it be reasonable to expect this Oxbridge graduate to do some serious research? Not a hint of a challenge to the Mccanns's narrative.

I've never had any faith in her from the outset, makes for interesting reading...
sar

Activity : 1680

Back to top Go down

Post by LindaB 03.05.17 14:50

I wish we could get Peter Hyatt on this one.  I agree with a lot of the above comments. On top of their obvious grief at losing their child, they have to keep up this pretence of a non-existent search.  If it were my child and I thought she was still alive (and they maintain that she is) I would be holding imaginary reunion scenarios every day of my life and dreaming about that day. For K to say she doesn't know what she would say to M is incomprehensible.  When K says she "can't go there" that is clearly true.

Also did you spot G's comment regarding the experts who say that the younger the child taken, the more likely that they have been taken to be kept.  There were two babies in the room who were ignored which would suggest the child taken was not taken to be kept but for other reasons! Wouldn't your mind then be consumed with what she must be continually suffering, as according to them she is still alive, but there is no mention of this, just a lot of talk about getting on with life as life doesn't stand still!  As PH says, absolutely NOTHING about what M might be going through.

K says that she couldn't go back to work in the early days as she wanted to be with the twins and didn't let them out of her sight.  Doesn't fit with the fact that the twins were back in creche the day after the reported incident.

IMO PH was spot on, they have grief, but they have processed what happened and are moving on.
LindaB
LindaB

Activity : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by MTSTAR 03.05.17 15:36

LindaB wrote:AI wish we could get Peter Hyatt on this one.  I agree with a lot of the above comments. On top of their obvious grief at losing their child, they have to keep up this pretence of a non-existent search.  If it were my child and I thought she was still alive (and they maintain that she is) I would be holding imaginary reunion scenarios every day of my life and dreaming about that day. For K to say she doesn't know what she would say to M is incomprehensible.  When K says she "can't go there" that is clearly true.

Also did you spot G's comment regarding the experts who say that the younger the child taken, the more likely that they have been taken to be kept.  There were two babies in the room who were ignored which would suggest the child taken was not taken to be kept but for other reasons! Wouldn't your mind then be consumed with what she must be continually suffering, as according to them she is still alive, but there is no mention of this, just a lot of talk about getting on with life as life doesn't stand still!  As PH says, absolutely NOTHING about what M might be going through.

K says that she couldn't go back to work in the early days as she wanted to be with the twins and didn't let them out of her sight.  Doesn't fit with the fact that the twins were back in creche the day after the reported incident.

IMO PH was spot on, they have grief, but they have processed what happened and are moving on.
Yes, you could definitely see the grief, both of them looked upset but I think it was more to do wth them knowing it is the 10 year anniversary of her death.  10 years is a timeframe you are aware of when you have lost a loved one, they're suffering but not for the reasons they're telling everybody about.
MTSTAR
MTSTAR

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia 03.05.17 21:50

When Gerry mentioned a nuclear family was he talking about his wife and children or some other nuclear family he may have been involved in?
petunia

Activity : 607

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top