The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

UPDATE - Find Madeleine official site Mm11

UPDATE - Find Madeleine official site Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

UPDATE - Find Madeleine official site Mm11

UPDATE - Find Madeleine official site Regist10

UPDATE - Find Madeleine official site

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

UPDATE - Find Madeleine official site Empty UPDATE - Find Madeleine official site

Post by Verdi 25.04.17 0:45

Updates

24 April, 2017 - Ten Years

UPDATE - Find Madeleine official site Madeleine_age9_english
Ten years- there's no easy way to say it, describe it, accept it. I remember when Madeleine first disappeared I couldn’t even begin to consider anything in terms of years. Shawn Hornbeck abducted and kept hidden for over four years, Natascha Kampusch for over eight years. I couldn't go there. And now here we are...Madeleine, our Madeleine- ten years.

Most days are similar to the rest - another day. May 3rd 2017 - another day. But ten years - a horrible marker of time, stolen time.

We are bracing ourselves for the next couple of weeks. It's likely to be stressful and painful and more so given the rehashing of old 'stories', misinformation, half-truths and downright lies which will be doing the rounds in the newspapers, social media and 'special edition' TV programmes.

Media appearances are draining and on occasion, unhelpful to the only thing we want, finding Madeleine. They need to have a purpose. We could spend all our time and energy trying to defend ourselves by correcting inaccuracies and lies, but then we would have no strength left to look for Madeleine, look after our other children and to live our life.

I truly hope that those reporting on the 'story' over the next couple of weeks will have a conscience. Even if little consideration for Gerry and me is shown, they will at least bear in mind the effect such unfounded and unwarranted negativity could have on our other children - and of course Madeleine.

Thankfully, there is an active police investigation to try and find Madeleine and bring her abductor to justice. There are no new appeals that the police wish to make at this moment in time and so we are keeping any media involvement marking this unwanted milestone to a minimum.

The two themes that seem most appropriate to me as we reach this ten year mark are perseverance and gratitude: We will go on, try our hardest, never give up and make the best of the life we have.

We consider ourselves immensely fortunate to have received the love, solidarity and support from so many kind and decent people over the last decade. There have been many challenges and low points along the way but the warmth, encouragement and positivity we have experienced from the ‘quiet majority’ has undoubtedly sustained us and maintained our faith in human goodness. And while that is there, there will always be hope.

Thank you so much from all of our family.

Kate and Gerry

http://findmadeleine.com/updates/index.html

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

UPDATE - Find Madeleine official site Empty Re: UPDATE - Find Madeleine official site

Post by Roxyroo 25.04.17 1:27

Bet my boots they did not write that!

Activity : 727

Back to top Go down

UPDATE - Find Madeleine official site Empty Re: UPDATE - Find Madeleine official site

Post by Patience 25.04.17 7:23

Thankfully, there is an active police investigation to try and find Madeleine and bring her abductor to justice. There are no new appeals that the police wish to make at this moment in time and so we are keeping any media involvement marking this unwanted milestone to a minimum.

Was it not reported that the police would be speaking alongside them during their 10 year anniversary media appearances, or did I dream that?
Patience
Patience

Activity : 257

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 25.04.17 7:46

Patience wrote:Thankfully, there is an active police investigation to try and find Madeleine and bring her abductor to justice. There are no new appeals that the police wish to make at this moment in time and so we are keeping any media involvement marking this unwanted milestone to a minimum.

Was it not reported that the police would be speaking alongside them during their 10 year anniversary media appearances, or did I dream that?

Yes. Clarence Mitchell did say they were doing a pre-recorded interview 'organised' by Scotland Yard.
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 25.04.17 8:29

I wonder if DCI Nicola "I nick 'em so quick they're nicked before they even know they've been nicked (unless their name is McCann)" Wall will be making the announcement in the upcoming announcement they've just announced?

The name McCann has tarnished her reputation.

But at least she's still got her nail varnish and heels to talk about in magazines.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41725

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 25.04.17 8:40

So no question and answer type interviews by the look of things - no message to Maddie in that statement above but maye we will see one in due course.

I am beginning to think there wont even be a recorded interview with them as we all know there would be comments on body language.

To avoid negativity from some of the British public but not the quiet majority I think it would be useful to get back to Portugal and answer some questions.

What better way to show "the doubters" that their "negativity" is not warranted?

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by polyenne 25.04.17 10:47

Hmm, I suspect the "quiet majority" may soon be overtaken by the "noisy minority" as more and more people become aware of CMOMM and similar for a.

Power to the People
polyenne

Activity : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsC 25.04.17 11:29

'We consider ourselves immensely fortunate to have received the love, solidarity and support from so many kind and decent people over the last decade'

Inferring that anyone who does not believe their story is not kind and not decent.  bored

The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out...

Thomas Babington Macaulay
MrsC
MrsC

Activity : 413

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 25.04.17 11:49

MrsC wrote:'We consider ourselves immensely fortunate to have received the love, solidarity and support from so many kind and decent people over the last decade'

Inferring that anyone who does not believe their story is not kind and not decent.  bored
The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. - Winston Churchill

I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it's for or against. - Malcolm X
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 25.04.17 11:58

"Shawn Hornbeck abducted and kept hidden for over four years, Natascha Kampusch for over eight years. "

Sean - abducted whilst outside on his bike - aged 11

Natascha   Abducted whilst outside walking, on her way to school aged 10

Both snatched outside and kept for years for sexual purposes.  So totally different from someone apparently stalking a family and creeping inside a watched apartment to take a toddler who would not be controllable.

There is no comparison to these cases but of course they like to say there is.
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishBull 25.04.17 14:14

No mention of how terrible the 10 years have been for Madeleine.  No mention about how much they "love" Madeleine. It is all Me and Gerry Me and Gerry.

Yes it has been a horrible 10 years for you if you buy the "version" you have spoon fed the public but my goodness how horrible must it be for poor Madeleine huh?  

Oh yeah thats right...you know that Madeleine's feelings do not exist due to to fact that she is no longer with us.
EnglishBull
EnglishBull

Activity : 91

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 25.04.17 14:51

Verdi wrote:

Updates

24 April, 2017 - Ten Years

UPDATE - Find Madeleine official site Madeleine_age9_english
Ten years- there's no easy way to say it, describe it, accept it. I remember when Madeleine first disappeared I couldn’t even begin to consider anything in terms of years. Shawn Hornbeck abducted and kept hidden for over four years, Natascha Kampusch for over eight years. I couldn't go there. And now here we are...Madeleine, our Madeleine- ten years.

Most days are similar to the rest - another day. May 3rd 2017 - another day. But ten years - a horrible marker of time, stolen time.

We are bracing ourselves for the next couple of weeks. It's likely to be stressful and painful and more so given the rehashing of old 'stories', misinformation, half-truths and downright lies which will be doing the rounds in the newspapers, social media and 'special edition' TV programmes.

Media appearances are draining and on occasion, unhelpful to the only thing we want, finding Madeleine. They need to have a purpose. We could spend all our time and energy trying to defend ourselves by correcting inaccuracies and lies, but then we would have no strength left to look for Madeleine, look after our other children and to live our life.

I truly hope that those reporting on the 'story' over the next couple of weeks will have a conscience. Even if little consideration for Gerry and me is shown, they will at least bear in mind the effect such unfounded and unwarranted negativity could have on our other children - and of course Madeleine.

The two themes that seem most appropriate to me as we reach this ten year mark are perseverance and gratitude: We will go on, try our hardest, never give up and make the best of the life we have.

We consider ourselves immensely fortunate to have received the love, solidarity and support from so many kind and decent people over the last decade. There have been many challenges and low points along the way but the warmth, encouragement and positivity we have experienced from the ‘quiet majority’ has undoubtedly sustained us and maintained our faith in human goodness. And while that is there, there will always be hope.

Thank you so much from all of our family.

Kate and Gerry

http://findmadeleine.com/updates/index.html
"Ten years- there's no easy way to say it, describe it, accept it. I remember when Madeleine first disappeared I couldn’t even begin to consider anything in terms of years".

Gerry could though with his ambition for a world day/pop concert/keep awareness in the long term. Read Gerry's blogs.

Incidentally, why is Madeleine now 'disappeared' and not 'abducted'?

Shawn Hornbeck abducted and kept hidden for over four years, Natascha Kampusch for over eight years. I couldn't go there. And now here we are...Madeleine, our Madeleine- ten years.

These cases bare no relevance to the disappearance of Madeleine do they - the MO was completely different for starters.

Poor, poor little Madeleine whose parents say she has been abducted and might have suffered a fate similar to Natascha Kampusch and Shawn Hornbeck think most days are similar to the rest - another day. May 3rd 2017 - another day.

Ten years - a horrible marker of time, stolen time and yet still no personal message to Madeleine, just platitude to speak of the parents' suffering.

If I could voice one thing on behalf of Madeleine it would be 'what about me'.

Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13369

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 25.04.17 15:22

I have just been told that someone saw on the lunchtime news that there was a trailer of Mrs speaking  about the last ten years.   More later this evening after the main news.   Not sure if six or ten oclock news and not sure which channel.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 25.04.17 15:38

"Most days are similar to the rest - another day. May 3rd 2017 - another day. But ten years - a horrible marker of time, stolen time."

Why is ten years a horrible marker of time - what difference is there between one two three four five six seven eight nine and ten years?  For goodness sake, this is a missing child you're talking about not a ruddy wedding anniversary !

"We are bracing ourselves for the next couple of weeks. It's likely to be stressful and painful and more so given the rehashing of old 'stories', misinformation, half-truths and downright lies which will be doing the rounds in the newspapers, social media and 'special edition' TV programmes."

Bracing yourselves against what - Hurricane Clarence? 

By whose hand are these old 'stories', misinformation, half-truths and downright lies emanating - the same source?

"I truly hope that those reporting on the 'story' over the next couple of weeks will have a conscience. Even if little consideration for Gerry and me is shown, they will at least bear in mind the effect such unfounded and unwarranted negativity could have on our other children - and of course Madeleine."

Ooops, nearly forgot - Madeleine of course.  Do you have a conscience Mr and Mrs McCann, have you considered the effect such unfounded and unwarranted negativity 'would' have on your 'other' children over the past 10 years?

"Thankfully, there is an active police investigation to try and find Madeleine and bring her abductor to justice. There are no new appeals that the police wish to make at this moment in time and so we are keeping any media involvement marking this unwanted milestone to a minimum."

So no studio appearances in collaboration with Scotland Yard as publicized previously and no Scotland Yard up-date to be anticipated?

UPDATE - Find Madeleine official site Eddie%20and%20keela

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 25.04.17 15:44

plebgate wrote:I have just been told that someone saw on the lunchtime news that there was a trailer of Mrs speaking  about the last ten years.   More later this evening after the main news.   Not sure if six or ten oclock news and not sure which channel.
Possibly ITN who seem quite active on the subject today..

http://www.itv.com/news/2017-04-25/kate-mccann-10-year-anniversary-of-disappearance-horrible-marker-of-time/

http://www.itv.com/news/2017-04-25/timeline-madeleine-mccanns-disappearance/

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 25.04.17 15:53

I watched ITV News today and there was a journalist who had been to PdL recently. The report showed a British couple in PdL who had Maddie luggage tags tied to the wife's handbag.

I hope Team McCann get round to their Printers pretty sharpish in anticipation of the holiday rush to stick a picture of Madeleine (aged less than 4) on your luggage.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 25.04.17 16:26

I was going to continue with the sarcastic wit but frankly I have no humour left in this case. All I see is a bunch of liars surrounding Madeleine McCann.

God help children if this is the best money can buy.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 25.04.17 16:27

Thank you Verdi.   Yes I checked again and apparently it was a little bit at the end of the ITV news - showed a picture of Maddie and said it would be on at 6.30pm.
Hope I have it right this time. 
Edited to add -  I don't think Mrs' picture was shown at all.

roll
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 25.04.17 19:08

There was a report on the BBC news at six towards the end of the programme.  Needn't have bothered.   More or less what we have read about the latest message on their website. blah blah

roll
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 25.04.17 20:47

aquila wrote:I watched ITV News today and there was a journalist who had been to PdL recently. The report showed a British couple in PdL who had Maddie luggage tags tied to the wife's handbag.

I hope Team McCann get round to their Printers pretty sharpish in anticipation of the holiday rush to stick a picture of Madeleine (aged less than 4) on your luggage.
As a matter of interest, did the wife look like a tourist? i What ruddy good is a luggage label?  If it's solidarity she's thinking then get yer backside into them there lawless hills and start digging !!!

I've just rushed over to findmadeleine.com to order a summer supply of luggage tags but alas, the site won't load.  Heavy traffic maybe or it's been swooshed away by hurricane Clarrie.

Later is another day - I can wait.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs 25.04.17 23:47

There are no new appeals that the police wish to make at this moment in time and so we are keeping any media involvement marking this unwanted milestone to a minimum.

No appeals to Maddie to say they are still looking for her?
No appeals to her alleged abductor to let her go and leave her somewhere safe?
No appeals to someone who may know who did it and where Maddie may be?
No appeals to family and friends to come forward if they have any suspicions?

No mention of a reward for anyone providing information that leads to the arrest and successful prosecution of those involved?
No mention of a reward for the safe return of Maddie which would not be paid out if she were found dead (always read the small print for rewards)

No appeals tells me they are not looking for a live Maddie

Researcher/Analyst

Activity : 1825

http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 25.04.17 23:49

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sar 25.04.17 23:54

Hobs wrote:There are no new appeals that the police wish to make at this moment in time and so we are keeping any media involvement marking this unwanted milestone to a minimum.

No appeals to Maddie to say they are still looking for her?
No appeals to her alleged abductor to let her go and leave her somewhere safe?
No appeals to someone who may know who did it and where Maddie may be?
No appeals to family and friends to come forward if they have any suspicions?

No mention of a reward for anyone providing information that leads to the arrest and successful prosecution of those involved?
No mention of a reward for the safe return of Maddie which would not be paid out if she were found dead (always read the small print for rewards)

No appeals tells me they are not looking for a live Maddie

+1 hobs, and no age progressed photograph either?
sar

Activity : 1680

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 26.04.17 0:01

sar wrote: and no age progressed photograph either?
Did you miss the ventriloquist dummy?

UPDATE - Find Madeleine official site Madeleine-McCann-as-a-teenager-914961

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

UPDATE - Find Madeleine official site Empty Agreed!

Post by Portia 26.04.17 15:06

aquila wrote:I was going to continue with the sarcastic wit but frankly I have no humour left in this case. All I see is a bunch of liars surrounding Madeleine McCann.

God help children if this is the best money can buy.

Hello Aquila. I share your sentiment, staying away for quite a while myself, mostly following dr Amarals crusade through the Portuguese Court system. The McCanns, the media all seem to have remained in place, not developing or growing up. It's getting really boring. Poor child, gone up into thin air. The scam of the century. One wonders if the good Portuguese will feel inclined to publish their latest five year cache of PJ 2.0 files. One would hope so! My best wishes to you :):)
Portia
Portia

Activity : 140

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top