The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine McCann's parents relieved as Portuguese cop axes controversial new book on case - Page 2 Mm11

Madeleine McCann's parents relieved as Portuguese cop axes controversial new book on case - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine McCann's parents relieved as Portuguese cop axes controversial new book on case - Page 2 Mm11

Madeleine McCann's parents relieved as Portuguese cop axes controversial new book on case - Page 2 Regist10

Madeleine McCann's parents relieved as Portuguese cop axes controversial new book on case

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Madeleine McCann's parents relieved as Portuguese cop axes controversial new book on case - Page 2 Empty Re: Madeleine McCann's parents relieved as Portuguese cop axes controversial new book on case

Post by coati mundi 02.04.17 21:44

Hi there, 
haven't posted in a while, but the credence given in some quarters to David Edgar is making me bilious. Can someone please remind us of the farcical details of his "investigation" and how much he was able to swindle, sorry be remunerated with, from the fund.

I hate to use one of Trump's favourite phrases, but there has been a recent outpouring of "fake news" on this sorry saga, the latest being the "no 2nd book" rubbish. A few days ago, we were being told that not only was there a second book on the way, but that the McCanns knew it full of "revolting lies", Make your mind up!

I don't yet know how to start a new thread, or whether I am allowed to, but I think a good topic for discussion would be on the lines of "Where now for the McCanns? Will the circus go on?"

All in my opinion, of course, and still hoping for the truth in this case.
coati mundi

Activity : 237

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann's parents relieved as Portuguese cop axes controversial new book on case - Page 2 Empty Re: Madeleine McCann's parents relieved as Portuguese cop axes controversial new book on case

Post by Jill Havern 02.04.17 21:47

coati mundi wrote:Hi there, 
haven't posted in a while, but the credence given in some quarters to David Edgar is making me bilious. Can someone please remind us of the farcical details of his "investigation" and how much he was able to swindle, sorry be remunerated with, from the fund.

I hate to use one of Trump's favourite phrases, but there has been a recent outpouring of "fake news" on this sorry saga, the latest being the "no 2nd book" rubbish. A few days ago, we were being told that not only was there a second book on the way, but that the McCanns knew it full of "revolting lies", Make your mind up!

I don't yet know how to start a new thread, or whether I am allowed to, but I think a good topic for discussion would be on the lines of "Where now for the McCanns? Will the circus go on?"

All in my opinion, of course, and still hoping for the truth in this case.
Of course you can start a new thread - any member can!

Just go to the relevant forum and click on 'new topic'....and off you go!

A wise man once said: "Be careful who you let on your ship, because some people will sink the whole ship just because they can't be The Captain."
Jill Havern
Jill Havern
The Captain (& Chief Faffer) Oh yeah, and Forum Owner

Activity : 42061

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 02.04.17 21:53

I've been told that GA and his publishers are waiting for their Court costs and expenses to be paid by the McCanns, since people forget, and the British press will not publish, that the McCanns LOST, not only against Dr Amaral, but also against the publisher and TV company.

A wise man once said: "Be careful who you let on your ship, because some people will sink the whole ship just because they can't be The Captain."
Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by coati mundi 02.04.17 22:07

Thanks GeG, I will start the thread when I get a minute and gather my thoughts,
coati mundi

Activity : 237

Back to top Go down

Post by sandancer 02.04.17 22:12

Get'emGonçalo wrote:I've been told that GA and his publishers are waiting for their Court costs and expenses to be paid by the McCanns, since people forget, and the British press will not publish, that the McCanns LOST, not only against Dr Amaral, but also against the publisher and TV company.

Does​ anyone know how long they have to pay these​ costs​ , which​ appears to be " forgotten​ " at the moment​ ?

Of course that will leave​ the Fund seriously depleted​ , more articles​ on the poor , devastated furious etc etc McCanns​ .

No cash left , oh dear​ what​ will Dave ( back on board ) do then ?

Maybe he'll have to wait​ for​ G.A bringing​ out​ his new book​ to get some​ ideas ?      spin

Activity : 2378

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 03.04.17 8:13

Do they have to pay the costs before deciding on their next step, i.e. whether to appeal or not to ECHR?

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Samcaddick 03.04.17 9:13

Do the McCanns really care about court orders!  Did they return the 7500 books they were ordered to?
Samcaddick
Samcaddick

Activity : 56

Back to top Go down

Post by princess_leia 03.04.17 11:22

Get'emGonçalo wrote:I've been told that GA and his publishers are waiting for their Court costs and expenses to be paid by the McCanns, since people forget, and the British press will not publish, that the McCanns LOST, not only against Dr Amaral, but also against the publisher and TV company.
I'm just wondering if this is the reason for the article published, no doubt it's spin, but does he rely on getting this money before publishing his next book?
princess_leia

Activity : 160

Back to top Go down

Post by justforme 05.04.17 0:31

This poor man has been through so much. lets hope the court costs etc is paid out of McCanns own money, and not the fund.
justforme

Activity : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 05.04.17 0:45

justforme wrote:This poor man has been through so much. lets hope the court costs etc is paid out of McCanns own money, and not the fund.
As far as the McCanns are concerned, the Fund is their own money - at least that's how the board of directors administer the Fund.  A board of directors that consists mainly of relatives and friends.  Go figure!

As far as I'm concerned I don't much care where the money comes from, just as long as Dr Amaral is generously recompensed for the suffering he has endured by the hand of Messrs McCann.  I dread to think just how much money has been squandered to date if you consider the UK involvement, the PJ and public donations made to the controversial Fund Co. Ltd.

Madeleine McCann's parents relieved as Portuguese cop axes controversial new book on case - Page 2 Smiley  Welcome justforme!

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 05.04.17 8:05

I hope Rocky will sue in UK which will make sure he is very well recompensed.

So many law suits possible imo, but who will he take on first (if he does)?

With so much written evidence it wouldn't surprise me if out of court settlements were offered pretty pronto.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 05.04.17 12:15

To avoid further malice. which I think would be inevitable, best to steer clear of McCann Inc. and focus on the UK media - they owe him big time!

That's nothing short of ten years slanderous reporting to be redressed - just think of the damage it must of caused to the 'search', all that negativity promoting Dr Amaral's theory.  What's that called - the Streisand effect?

Whilst they dig deep into their pockets, they might have the common decency to splash an apology to Mr Amaral across the front-page headlines - in very big letters!

Are you listening Ms Kandohla?

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 05.04.17 15:32

https://shakedowntitle.com/2017/04/05/two-sides-to-the-mccann-story-or-more/

Two Sides to the McCann Story – or more?
April 5, 2017 / juror13

“Every truth has two sides; it is as well to look at both, before we commit ourselves to either.” — Aesop
“No matter how flat you make your pancakes, it still has two sides.” — Daniel Tosh
“In seeking truth you have to get both sides of a story.” — Walter Cronkite

Having covered half a dozen high-profile criminal cases, some of them very difficult and very complex cases, we believe we’re ready to investigate Madeleine’s story.
If there are two sides to Madeleine’s story, then there’s certainly an opportunity for even more sides to the story merely on the McCann’s side alone. This is in terms of Kate’s version of events vis-à-vis Gerry’s. There is also the possibility that Kate’s version may deviate from “the McCann’s” narrative or that Gerry’s might. By McCann narrative, I mean their common cause.* If and when we find these deviations, we will find signature cracks to this case.
When dealing with the possibility of more than one suspect [and at one time** police believed both Madeleine’s parents were prime suspects or “arguidos”], there is not one arch narrative mirrored by one opposing narrative. When there are several suspects*** there are typically several opposing narratives, each claiming to be the definitive narrative.

In other words:
McCann narrative vs Counter narrative
Gerry McCann narrative vs Counter narrative
Kate McCann narrative vs Counter narrative
Gerry McCann narrative vs McCann narrative
Kate McCann narrative vs McCann narrative
Gerry McCann narrative vs Kate McCann narrative
McCann narrative vs McCann narrative

The counter narrative is effectively the narrative the McCanns wish to oppose, control or discredit. Typically the counter narrative confronts the opposing narrator as a suspect, where he or she, or both, are seen as a protagonist(s) in his or her, or their, own invented spiel.
If it sounds complicated at a single glance, it is. It’s much simpler to sample one piece at a time, and then piece the whole thing together and see how it fits.
Having written one book short of three trilogies on the unsolved JonBenét Ramsey case, we hope the readers will allow us, through the course of this narrative, to make certain linkages between both the Ramsey case and the McCann case as they come up. It is also useful to draw similarities and inferences from various other cases.
These intertextual similarities help us to develop confidence in what’s there, and to notice what’s far more important: what isn’t there. The absence of evidence is sometimes the more compelling evidence. It is the nature of true crime that information is missing and not merely missing, but hidden. More often than not these holes in the true crime narrative are found by inference.
We will use various data mining techniques to filter through this enormous narrative. What we’re hunting for are inconsistencies in the narrative cosmology. The dissimilarities help us to see the idiosyncrasies of a particular case on their own terms. So, for example, we might ask:

What do abductions of small children typically look like?
Do abductions look any different when they happen in foreign countries?
What sort of profile can we draw up based on an abduction scenario and does that profile fit this case?
If so, how so?
If not, why not?
On the other side of the narrative divide we might ask simple questions like:
What kind of people are doctors?
What kind of parents are doctors?
How are doctors different [as people and parents] from others, if at all?

Simple questions in true crime often have difficult answers.
I might as well be upfront right now and make it emphatically clear that the PR surrounding this case is absolutely staggering. Given that no criminal trial specific to this case, or a trial for those thought to be directly involved ever occurred, the intensity of the coverage is even more mind-boggling.
However, the saturation media coverage surrounding this unsolved case is something the McCann and the Ramsey cases [a case twice as old as the McCann case] have in common. There are two sides to saturation media. There is the hijacking of a particular narrative one way or the other in the media but not necessarily by the media, and then there is the repeated laying down of a narrative – of a version of events – by the suspects themselves.
The effect of these repeated assertions and also counter-assertions by other players and responses to these – in the media – is similar to making sworn statements in court and then being cross-examined in court. The only difference is, in the media there are far more opportunities and potential players who can control, influence or steer a narrative.
While the media can be an effective tool, it can also turn on its masters. Give someone enough rope to hang themselves and invariably they do, don’t they?
Just a year or two ago, we likely would not have thought a cogent analysis of this case would be possible without court documents, which necessarily are a detailed public record of various positions, including expert testimonies and detailed outlays of forensic evidence. The Ramsey case, I believe, provides a prescient example where more than sufficient narrative has been laid down [even in the media, especially in the media] despite the absence of a trial. In addition to these “unofficial” narratives are countless depositions and police statements.
In both cases, many additional narratives have emerged through alternative sources. There are countless interviews which form part of a public record. There are also several books, not merely those by the [former] prime suspect/s but also by the investigator in charge of the case.
In the Ramsey case, both parents were suspects and both parents wrote a book to “set the record straight.” In the McCann case both parents were suspects at one time, but it was Kate McCann – the more media shy of the couple – who elected to tell her story.
In the spirit of two suspects and two sides to a story, the DOUBT narrative is a two [possibly three] part series. The second narrative interrogates the events and players crucial to what happened on May 3rd in sharp detail. The second narrative attempts to provide a cogent scenario for who, why and when Madeleine was killed, and what happened to her remains. The second narrative also deals more particularly with Gerry and Kate.
The ambit of this narrative is to briefly introduce the characters involved [such as the Tapas 9], to contextualize the massive media coverage, to meticulously locate the case on a beach in Southern Portugal and to resolve the greatest mystery of all bedevilling this case: the motive surrounding Madeleine’s death.
If Madeleine did die, how was her death and disposal covered up? The Ramsey case provides, I believe, very useful reference material in terms of the first part of that question. Some elements of the second are also there. However, what isn’t found in reference cases is part of the unique terrain of this case and we make no bones about it, these are very difficult areas to intuit and interrogate. It can be done but requires precision analysis, absolute concentration and an absorption of all the available data. All of these then feed into an attempt to try to interrogate a compelling psychology surrounding the disposal of one’s child, if that is what happened.
Part of how we intend to achieve this is by trying to understand the McCanns themselves. This discussion spans both narratives, but starts off with a broader focus which becomes more targeted and more surgical as the narrative progresses. Although we begin with a particular end in mind, we must let the evidence and the actors guide us. The difficult part is deciding what to use to guide you and what to discard as mischievous malingering.
What is DOUBT?

Why DOUBT?

DOUBT is like a raven that doesn’t belong in a cloudy sky. It flies low over tawny terrain and crawling, baby blue waters of the North Atlantic. Like a black dagger cutting across white limestone, it searches across many paths for the true story of a solitary little girl. The path to the doctors’ daughter requires a bold line of inquiry, so how about this:

What if the whole world thought Madeleine McCann was missing when she was never abducted to begin with?

What if Madeleine was murdered?

This book occupies itself primarily with the first question.
*Common cause is also known as a “shared purpose.” In the legal sense it is the set of facts agreed on by both the prosecution and defense.
**On September 7th 2007 the McCanns were formally identified as suspects in their daughter’s disappearance. They were accused by police of killing Madeleine, hiding her for several weeks and then secretly disposing of Madeleine’s body.

***High-profile cases involving more than one prime suspect include the JonBenét Ramsey case, the Amanda Knox case, Steven Avery and the West Memphis Three. Ultimately the prosecution, or prosecution failures, in all these cases were arguably far from adequate.

The first installment of DOUBT will be available on Amazon in May 2017.

Madeleine McCann's parents relieved as Portuguese cop axes controversial new book on case - Page 2 Untitl13

https://shakedowntitle.com/
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 05.04.17 15:37

Thanks jeanmonroe, I've just transferred Carry on Doctor's post to a new thread as it's a new book and not linked to this thread.

"What if Madeleine McCann was murdered"

Ooops! Clarence will be on the onphone to Carter-Ruck.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 05.04.17 15:43

Get'emGonçalo wrote:Thanks jeanmonroe, I've just transferred Carry on Doctor's post to a new thread as it's a new book and not linked to this thread.

"What if Madeleine McCann was murdered"

Ooops! Clarence will be on the onphone to Carter-Ruck.

Well, '.....and there's no evidence to implicate 'US' (McS) in her death' (GM, Lisbon September 2009)..........is there?

"What if the whole world Operation Grange thought Madeleine McCann was missing when she was never abducted to begin with?"
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 06.04.17 16:07

Verdi wrote:To avoid further malice. which I think would be inevitable, best to steer clear of McCann Inc. and focus on the UK media - they owe him big time!

That's nothing short of ten years slanderous reporting to be redressed - just think of the damage it must of caused to the 'search', all that negativity promoting Dr Amaral's theory.  What's that called - the Streisand effect?

Whilst they dig deep into their pockets, they might have the common decency to splash an apology to Mr Amaral across the front-page headlines - in very big letters!

Are you listening Ms Kandohla?
yes I was thinking of UK media when I posted my comments, but I don't think Mr. & Mrs. have too much left to throw at Rocky.   He has won.   IIRC Joana posted that they had tried to get Rocky to settle out of court during the recent litigation.   I  would hazard a guess they wont be too keen to take him on again, but could be wrong of course.

Depending on what grounds Rocky might sue it is possible they woud have to step into the witness box and be quesitoned.   I wonder what odds the bookies would offer on that happening?

Anyway for now Rocky is writing a book and has been seen sipping a beer and chilling.  About time too.

roll
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 07.04.17 0:06

I don't think the McCanns had much to throw at Amaral from the outset, their case has always been weak and largely reliant on empathy.  When you think about all the information contained in the PJ files, culminated in 'The Truth of the Lie' and the best they could come up with was some feeble whining about 'telling lies' (oh the irony!), 'damage to their reputation' (they did that for themselves) and 'harming the search (what search?).

It's a wonder to me they ever got over the first hurdle with the presentation of such a pathetic case, clearly they figured Amaral would roll-over under pressure and disappear shame-faced - how wrong could they be?  Their case weakened the further they pushed the case so yes, you're right, they've nothing left. The McCanns might have control over the case in the UK but their power doesn't stretch to Portugal, at least not below political level.  They played a bad hand when trying to silence Goncalo Amaral.

As an aside, I've always thought they expected Amaral to settle out of court in the beginning.  He didn't, so they were forced to carry-on the facade, to back down would be weakness and indirectly an admission of guilt.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 07.04.17 0:20

Broadcast 19th May 2011

Video Transcript

Portimão - Recorded yesterday

Lower Third: Gonçalo Amaral sends denunciation to DIAP against the McCann couple and lawyer

VO: In his hands, Gonçalo Amaral brings a denunciation that he will send to the Department of Investigation and Penal Action of Lisbon.

Lower Third: The apprehended 7.500 copies of the book written by Gonçalo Amaral have not yet been returned

VO: The Supreme Court of Justice authorized the sale of the book he has written, ‘Maddie, The Truth of the Lie’, several months ago but the book copies that were seized and kept at the guardianship of the McCann couple’s lawyer have not yet been returned.

Lower Third: Supreme Court of Justice authorized the sale of Gonçalo Amaral’s book

Gonçalo Amaral: This is a denunciation made to DIAP, the Department of Investigation and Penal Action of Lisbon, relative to the eventual practise of a crime of destruction of objects placed in public domain. Namely, the 7500 book copies of ‘Maddie, The Truth of the Lie’ of which I am the author, books that were in the possession of Kate McCann, Gerald McCann and their lawyer, Isabel Duarte. They were nominated as trustees when the books were seized, and they had them since September 2009. Decisions by the Superior Portuguese Courts annulled the injunction from which the seizure consequently emerged. Therefore, the books should have been returned.

VO: Without recording an interview, the McCanns’ lawyer confirmed that she is the trustee of the book copies, and as such, she would never destroy something that was entrusted to her by the court.

Lower Third: McCann lawyer says Gonçalo Amaral’s books were not destroyed

VO: Gonçalo Amaral stresses that the legal action taken by Maddie’s parents brought other damages.

Lower Third: Gonçalo Amaral says that legal action taken by couple brought personal and professional losses

GA: What causes a great loss to my family, mainly to my family and to me, are the other arrests in the scope of a main legal action that is ongoing. The seizure of the authorship rights, of the documentary, for example; the destruction of a company as a guarantee [ref. 1.2 million claim made by the McCanns], I had a firm of legal consulting that was ruined by this couple and by their lawyer… There are various things that have, even, prevented me from exercising a professional activity.

VO: With the denunciation on its way to DIAP, Gonçalo Amaral waits now for the return of the 7500 book copies of ‘Maddie, The Truth of the Lie’

(Acknowledgement Joana Morais)

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Samcaddick 07.04.17 7:23

No doubt the books will have been severely damaged whilst in storage, accidentally​ mind!
Samcaddick
Samcaddick

Activity : 56

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 07.04.17 12:53

It's like something out of the middle ages. I'm surprised the McCanns legal defence didn't demand the seized books be burned at the stake.  Methinks the law is in desperate need of an overhaul in line with modern day life.

It reminds me of the iconic Monty Python sketch..

Mob mentality if ever there was big grin .

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam S 07.04.17 15:41

The Mirror states, "Madeleine vanished". What, like she got up for a drink of water and just disappeared into thin air as if by magic? No, her mother and father are, at the very least, guilty of leaving their children alone to be found. Saying she "vanished" try's to take the blame from the parents and it always makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up when i see or hear that word being used in this case. Anyhoo...rant over. :)
Sam S
Sam S

Activity : 124

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsupdoc 07.04.17 18:09

The simple answer re the 7500 books is to charge full price and add it to the list of court costs, loss of income from GA's businesses etc. etc.

Activity : 953

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 07.04.17 19:30

whatsupdoc wrote:The simple answer re the 7500 books is to charge full price and add it to the list of court costs, loss of income from GA's businesses etc. etc.

Amen!
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top