The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

'POISONOUS LIES': Prime suspects insist no British publisher would dare touch Amaral's second book - Page 2 Mm11

'POISONOUS LIES': Prime suspects insist no British publisher would dare touch Amaral's second book - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

'POISONOUS LIES': Prime suspects insist no British publisher would dare touch Amaral's second book - Page 2 Mm11

'POISONOUS LIES': Prime suspects insist no British publisher would dare touch Amaral's second book - Page 2 Regist10

'POISONOUS LIES': Prime suspects insist no British publisher would dare touch Amaral's second book

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'POISONOUS LIES': Prime suspects insist no British publisher would dare touch Amaral's second book - Page 2 Empty Re: 'POISONOUS LIES': Prime suspects insist no British publisher would dare touch Amaral's second book

Post by justagrannynow 31.03.17 15:25

Reading the discussions about Gonçalo Amaral's book being produced in English, I recall Kitty Kelley publishing a less than flattering book about the Royal Family, which was promptly banned from being published or sold in the UK. Result .... overseas booksellers did a roaring trade selling the English version to Brits travelling abroad. 
I still have mine  Mr
justagrannynow

Activity : 108

Back to top Go down

'POISONOUS LIES': Prime suspects insist no British publisher would dare touch Amaral's second book - Page 2 Empty Re: 'POISONOUS LIES': Prime suspects insist no British publisher would dare touch Amaral's second book

Post by Guest 31.03.17 15:34

ChippyM wrote:
melisande wrote:More threats but again this is old news.  Why are we getting daily recycled stories? What is the benefit here for the McCanns? Tracey is supposed to be on their side , isn't she? Who gets paid for these articles, do they come from the McCanns PR? So many questions, so few answers.

I would say, yes this one comes from the McCanns P.R.  No comments are allowed and we have the usual quote from the 'family friend' .

The whole point of this story seems to be to print the words 'lies' and 'legal action' next to something about Goncalo Amaral's new book, it's just propaganda. who do they think they are, saying no UK publishers would 'dare' to print it?..... especially after receiving such a dressing down from a supreme court?!
It makes me wonder why they would embarrass themselves by saying that knowing that only a few days ago the Supreme Court gave them the final ruling and they have lost their case against G Amaral and his non libellous book.  Someone said earlier that the McCanns want to be seen as the underdog or wtte but I don't believe, even with all the lies and misinformation,  there are many people who would see them as the underdogs, not now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 31.03.17 15:34

Sam S wrote:The press keep telling us that this "10th anniversary" is "important". As if it's some big deal. Is it a more important date than 1 year, 2 years etc. Every minute of every day that my child was "missing" would be "important". As a parent, I certainly wouldn't entertain this nonsense.
My sentiments exactly thumbsup !  Same applies to Christmas, birthdays etc. being more important than any other day.  Just listen to the words of the parents McCann', when interviewed for the Crimewatch 2013 Madeleine McCann special, broadcast by the BBC.  It starts @ 18:11 minutes..

Roughly transcribed..

Presenter:  Do you alwlays feel concscious that there's a Madeleine shaped hole there..

Gerry McCann:  When it's a special occassion and you should be at your happiest and ...errrm ... Madeleine's not there... that's when it really hits home.  Obviously Madeleine's birthday goes without saying but .... [interupted by KM]

Kate McCann:  Yeh... it's only family occassions really ... err... that's basically it isn't it [feigned laugh] the family occassion.... when you haven't got your complete family

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by JulieC 31.03.17 15:50

Nauseating. They're saying only on family occasions do they really think of her...

I simply can't get into my head that anyone who had genuinely had a child go missing would think that way even for a second.
JulieC

Activity : 160

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 31.03.17 15:55

melisande wrote:
ChippyM wrote:
melisande wrote:More threats but again this is old news.  Why are we getting daily recycled stories? What is the benefit here for the McCanns? Tracey is supposed to be on their side , isn't she? Who gets paid for these articles, do they come from the McCanns PR? So many questions, so few answers.

I would say, yes this one comes from the McCanns P.R.  No comments are allowed and we have the usual quote from the 'family friend' .

The whole point of this story seems to be to print the words 'lies' and 'legal action' next to something about Goncalo Amaral's new book, it's just propaganda. who do they think they are, saying no UK publishers would 'dare' to print it?..... especially after receiving such a dressing down from a supreme court?!
It makes me wonder why they would embarrass themselves by saying that knowing that only a few days ago the Supreme Court gave them the final ruling and they have lost their case against G Amaral and his non libellous book.  Someone said earlier that the McCanns want to be seen as the underdog or wtte but I don't believe, even with all the lies and misinformation,  there are many people who would see them as the underdogs, not now.
If I may revert to the Crimewatch interview again, this was said by the narrator/presenter Matthew Amroliwala  [see above video @ 17 minutes] ..

"In July 2008, more than year after she disappeared, the Portuguese investigation was closed and all the suspects including Kate and Gerry, where formally cleared"

This is of course factually incorrect - the suspects were not formally cleared, as has since been confirmed by the Lisbon Courts and more recently ratified by the Lisbon Supreme Court.

This Crimewatch production was worked in association with the Metropolitan Police, Operation Grange, and the McCanns themselves.  What hope is there that UK authorities are on-side?

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31.03.17 16:14

Verdi wrote:

melisande wrote:
ChippyM wrote:

If I may revert to the Crimewatch interview again, this was said by the narrator/presenter Matthew Amroliwala  [see above video @ 17 minutes] ..

"In July 2008, more than year after she disappeared, the Portuguese investigation was closed and all the suspects including Kate and Gerry, where formally cleared"

This is of course factually incorrect - the suspects were not formally cleared, as has since been confirmed by the Lisbon Courts and more recently ratified by the Lisbon Supreme Court.

This Crimewatch production was worked in association with the Metropolitan Police, Operation Grange, and the McCanns themselves.  What hope is there that UK authorities are on-side?
This has been the mantra in all media reports.  I would like to think there was going to be a conclusion soon but as you say "what hope is there" .  Until Madeleine disappeared I never gave any thought to PR and media spin, fake news, how stories are bought and sold etc. It has really opened my eyes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by batmann 31.03.17 16:31

JulieC - totally agree, the anniversary is their celebration to mark getting away with 'it' for 10 years, quite an achievement - well worth giving interviews/having a party/popping the Australian wine and giving interviews to the media.  a party such as this  demands a lot of planning. a bit like brides to be who plan years ahead - cos 'its so exciting and its got to be perfect'. anyway - roll on Dr Amarals new book - now that's worth a party!!
batmann

Activity : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 31.03.17 16:42

Sam S wrote:The press keep telling us that this "10th anniversary" is "important". As if it's some big deal. Is it a more important date than 1 year, 2 years etc. Every minute of every day that my child was "missing" would be "important". As a parent, I certainly wouldn't entertain this nonsense.

I think perhaps it's more to do with the newspapers, when they're looking for news stories they can say right who has an anniversary coming up, 50 years since England won the world cup, 20 years since Diana died, 10 years since the disappearance of MM, one year on from ...... etc.

suzyjohnson

Activity : 1542

Back to top Go down

Post by sar 31.03.17 19:04

pennylane wrote:
sandancer wrote:Clear away all the rubbish​ and what​ do we have ?

MSM have successfully​ promoted The Truth of the Lie and the new book​ 

People don't like being told​ what they can't do , so more people searching​ for the book online​ watching videos discovering forums like this .

Own goal ?

Exacto sandancer!
more like shameless pre promotion of a "Sensational!" cover mount, bit like Princess Di's diary before she died.  This has all the hall marks of a planned media release.
sar

Activity : 1680

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain_Pugwash 31.03.17 19:25

suzyjohnson wrote:

I think perhaps it's more to do with the newspapers, when they're looking for news stories they can say right who has an anniversary coming up, 50 years since England won the world cup, 20 years since Diana died, 10 years since the disappearance of MM, one year on from ...... etc.
Didn't Gerry McC talk about having the anniversaries every year, he must have known the 10 is a key number point. Either way he and his vile wife will benefit regardless of who is selling a book at the time.
Captain_Pugwash
Captain_Pugwash

Activity : 121

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 01.04.17 8:20

It's all gone very quiet about the 10th anniversary interviews.   All we were hearing a few months ago and now nothing.   In fact everything seems to have gone very quiet since the Supreme Court ruling, haven't heard anything about the x-factor song/appearance either.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 01.04.17 8:49

The Sun and the Daily Mail carry similar headlines about ex- policeman to publish "SECOND book" . It screams out at you like  an advert for a film sequel. They'll soon be referring to Mr Amaral's "BLOCKBUSTER" at this rate.

The comments allowed through would have been unimaginable a few months ago. For example, one cites Kate McCann's book of half truths. Many rail against the censorship on the country imposed by this pair, plus many are asking who is protecting them. Who indeed?

I wonder, are the press getting their own back for Leveson and Hacked Off?

Meanwhile, the strapline about "publishers won't dare touch it say McCanns" is going down well with the public. They don't  seem to like their Suey McSueface attitude one bit.

"McCanns stewing slowly in own juices" would be my personal choice. Mainly cos it's true.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by justagrannynow 01.04.17 15:15

I just had a thought, and will apologise in advance if my question is a silly one, but I have never got up to scratch with technical stuff. When searching for ebooks to upload onto my e reader, I have read that authors can put their books onto e readers without having to go to a publishing company. It was a suggestion for aspiring writers who couldn't get their works accepted by a publisher. What would be the situation if Gonçalo Amaral did this with an English language version of his book ?

Have just re read my post and am editing to explain that no way am I suggesting that Gonçalo Amaral would have difficulty finding a willing publisher, but possibly a way to avoid further legal action against him.
justagrannynow

Activity : 108

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top