The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Pat Brown: US Publishers Still Afraid to Publish a Truthful Book about Madeleine McCann

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pat Brown: US Publishers Still Afraid to Publish a Truthful Book about Madeleine McCann

Post by Google.Gaspar.Statements on 10.08.16 12:57




I wanted to update everyone on the situation concerning publishing books about Madeleine McCann. After the recent court victory of Goncalo Amaral against the McCanns and the return of his book about the case of missing Madeleine McCann to the Portuguese market, many of us thought there was a sliver of hope that freedom of speech on the case might be making progress. Although I certainly had my doubts that any book unsupported by the McCanns would find a publisher, my agent thought otherwise and she decided to take my book proposal out of mothballs and see if she could drum up interest. She put together the following pre-proposal query (based on my book proposal concept) and went out to the publishers. Here is what she sent and below the query is the result which I think all of you will find interesting. Names have been removed as I am not here to out the publishing industry; I just want to share with everyone the state of affairs with regards to publishing the story of Madeleine McCann in the English speaking world.



A Pre-Proposal Query

​​​​WHERE IS MADELEINE MCCANN?

                                      A Criminal Profiler Takes On the World’s 
​​                         Most Baffling Disappearance

                                                                   by
                                                            Pat Brown
  

WHERE IS MADELEINE MCCANN?
A Criminal Profiler Takes on the World’s Most Baffling Disappearance
By
Pat Brown

Overview


            The disappearance of little Madeleine McCann has become the most fascinating missing childcase since the abduction of the Lindbergh baby. In fact, over 2 million visitors have followed its progress in 2016 alone via the “The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann website.
This nine-year cold case continues to be an obsession with people around the world – profilers, bloggers, journalists, FaceBookers, Tweeters, and citizens of many countries,especially England, Portugal, and the United States. 
Gerry and Kate McCann were not your average parents of a missing child. They were both medical doctors, as were most of their seven friends (often called the Tapas Seven) who vacationed with them in Praia da Luz, Portugal from where Madeleine disappeared just short of her fourth birthday. Six of these well-educated doctors, including the McCanns, left their children unattended in their vacation apartments for five evenings straight, out of eyeshot andearshot, while they wined and dined in a nearby Tapas restaurant
On the fateful night of May 3, 2007, 3-year-old Madeleine McCann disappeared from her bed, and by morning the McCanns were claiming she had been abducted. They and their family and friends called in the international media, but despite the parents’ neglect of their children,which may have contributed to the disappearance of their daughter, the British government offered its support, including diplomatic assistance and the intervention of the Prime Minister, Gordon Brown. 
When no proof of an abduction surfaced, cadaver dogs hit on the area behind the sofa in the McCanns’ vacation apartment, and the Portuguese police found the statements of the parents and their friends to be conflicting and deceptive. Both of Madeleine’s parents were made arguidos (suspects), but mother Kate McCann refused to answer any of the 48 questions put to her. Shortly after, the McCanns left the country and the case was shelved by the Portuguese police for reasons unknown.
At this point, the McCanns mounted a high-profile publicity offensive in the media,including appearances on Piers Morgan and OprahThey created a private Find Madeleinefund, which brought in four million dollars in donations to be used in any way they wished. Some of it paid for their mortgage, travel, and high profile attorneys. In 2008, Kate McCann wrote a book called Madeleine, which (along with a serialization in a top British newspaper) earned the McCanns another million plus.
With their publicity campaign in full swing, the McCanns sued or threatened to sue a number of people who had dared to speak up about the case and suggest that the McCanns may have been involved. Blog sites were shut down, promises to cease and desist were obtained, and free speech was muzzled. The McCanns sued the detective on the case, Gonçalo Amaral, for one and a half million dollars and got an injunction in 2009 against his book, Truth of the LieIt had become a bestselling Portuguese analysis of the police case (which had sold 180,000 copies in Portugal alone) and of his documentary DVD on the caseIn 2016, however, Gonçalo Amaralwon his appeal, and his book and DVD were returned to the market.
In 2011, American criminal profiler Pat Brown self-published her analysis of the case in a 32-page mini-book on Amazon. Profile of the Disappearance of Madeleine McCann vanishedafter five weeks of high sales and nearly 50 five-star reviews. Amazon informed Ms. Brown that Carter-Ruck, the McCann’s libel solicitors, had warned them of impending legal action if the book was not removed from the market. They caved and Brown’s book was taken out of all Amazon online stores worldwide.
As of this date, the 2013 Scotland Yard review ordered by the British government to solve the Portuguese case of missing Madeleine McCann (a very unusual action to be taken by the UK in a case that was not even their own) has cost British taxpayers more than twelve million dollars. Scotland Yard now states that they only have one line of inquiry left to wrap up (and it is not about the McCanns). Then, they will shelve the case with their final conclusions. The Portuguese will also likely re-shelve the case when Scotland Yard pulls out.
Pat Brown has profiled this case extensively over the last seven years and investigated it in person in Praia da Luz, PortugalIn addition to her mini-book, Profile of the Disappearance of Madeleine McCann, she has written dozens of blog posts on the case at The Daily ProfilerBrown will bring out new information in the Madeleine McCann case; the evidence, the analysis, the profile, the players, the politics, and the corruption, and penetrate the international mystery that still surrounds the most confounding missing child case in history.
Pat Brown is an American criminal profiler, author of seven books and a crime commentator (seen more than 3000 times with regular appearances on Nancy Grace, Jane Velez-Mitchell, Dr. Drew, Anderson, Inside Edition, The Today Show, The Early Show, Wolf Blitzer, Larry King, Dr. Phil, Montel Williams, Bill O’Reilly, etc.).


​​​WHERE IS MADELEINE MCCANN?
​​​               Table of Contents

Chapter One: The Case of Madeleine McCann: Not Just Another Missing Child
Chapter Two: The Perplexing ParentsBizarre Behaviors and Strange Bedfellows
Chapter Three: Marketing Maddie: The Tot Heard Round the World
Chapter Four: The Worst PIs Money Can Buy: Crooks and Conmen
Chapter Five: Those Dastardly Dogs: Damning Evidence or Canines Gone Wrong?
Chapter Six: The Tide Turns: The Crucification of the McCanns on the Internet
Chapter SevenThe Hired Guns of the McCanns: Silencing the Experts 
Chapter Seven: The Strange Charade of Scotland Yard: Millions of Pounds SpentZero ResultsAchieved
Chapter Eight: Criminal Profiler Pat Brown’s Analysis of Madeleine McCann’s Disappearance 


Below is an example of the responses from the publishers. 


We are intrigued, but I don't think this one is quite right for our list. As the case is not concluded, and as the McCann's are more litigious than most, I don't think we have the infrastructure to handle a book like this one. Frankly, without the full-time in-house legal team for the vetting this would need, it's a costly proposal. 

Alas, afraid I'm taking the coward's position on this one, but I wish you and Ms. Brown great success in finding the perfect publishing home for it, and I thank you for thinking of us.

------------------

It is a sad situation that the McCanns have so cowed publishers that they are afraid to take a chance on a story that is as a big as this one. There still may be someone out there in the publishing world my agent hasn't contacted who might be willing to give such a book a shot, but I strongly doubt we will see anyone be brave enough until the case is long closed or the McCanns are out of the picture.

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown
August 9, 2016





By Pat Brown


http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/us-publishers-still-afraid-to-publish.html

Google.Gaspar.Statements

Posts : 345
Reputation : 205
Join date : 2013-05-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Pat Brown and No Publisher of the New book?

Post by willowthewisp on 10.08.16 13:22

Hi Goegetermgoncalo,Quite noticeable that even in the"Land of the Free"they fear the famed Carter Ruck and interest from a very Special Couple for the Truth to be heard,but when you can have your case carpetbagged by the"Establishment" for so long what else can you expect?

willowthewisp

Posts : 1360
Reputation : 515
Join date : 2015-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown: US Publishers Still Afraid to Publish a Truthful Book about Madeleine McCann

Post by pennylane on 10.08.16 13:57

Thanks GGS! 

I respect Pat Brown's views re this sad case, and agree with the vast majority of her deductions and observations to-date.   I'm sorry Ms Brown has been unable to get her book published due to the fear of litigation by the two child neglecting parents, whose abduction story is as dodgy as the day is long (imo)!

pennylane

Posts : 2529
Reputation : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown: US Publishers Still Afraid to Publish a Truthful Book about Madeleine McCann

Post by pennylane on 10.08.16 14:17

@willowthewisp wrote:Hi Goegetermgoncalo,Quite noticeable that even in the"Land of the Free"they fear the famed Carter Ruck and interest from a very Special Couple for the Truth to be heard,but when you can have your case carpetbagged by the"Establishment" for so long what else can you expect?

I agree, a very sorry state of affairs indeed!

pennylane

Posts : 2529
Reputation : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown: US Publishers Still Afraid to Publish a Truthful Book about Madeleine McCann

Post by Verdi on 10.08.16 15:43

As I said on another thread, I'm curious to know why amazon.co.uk removed Pat Brown's book about the case of Madeleine McCann, yet unsupportive books by other authors are still available for purchase.

Now we have a claim that USA publishers are wary about taking on such a controversial subject - why would a USA publisher fear a firm of UK libel lawyers, or indeed the McCanns and their litigious tendency.  I think it more likely USA publishers don't see a profitable market for a missing British child who disappeared over nine years ago from another European country.

I imagine the USA has it's fair share of missing children and crimes against children to occupy the consumer market.  Has anyone around here read Pat Brown's book?

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx

Verdi

Posts : 3556
Reputation : 2067
Join date : 2015-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown: US Publishers Still Afraid to Publish a Truthful Book about Madeleine McCann

Post by pennylane on 10.08.16 17:53

@Verdi wrote:As I said on another thread, I'm curious to know why amazon.co.uk removed Pat Brown's book about the case of Madeleine McCann, yet unsupportive books by other authors are still available for purchase.

Now we have a claim that USA publishers are wary about taking on such a controversial subject - why would a USA publisher fear a firm of UK libel lawyers, or indeed the McCanns and their litigious tendency.  I think it more likely USA publishers don't see a profitable market for a missing British child who disappeared over nine years ago from another European country.

I imagine the USA has it's fair share of missing children and crimes against children to occupy the consumer market.  Has anyone around here read Pat Brown's book?
Hi Verdi,

I believe Amazon removed Pat's book because the McCanns 'Carter Rucked' her, claiming it was defamatory.  The McCanns (imo) went after Pat because she is a) a criminal profiler that has inroads into the US media; and b) has been over to Portugal personally to assess the area and credibility of the McCanns very dodgy abduction story, and is willing to speak openly via Fox, CNN etc, regarding her personal views and professional instincts re this case. I do hope her book gets published soon. 

Jolly good question regarding the USA's reason/fear re publishing PB's book.  It is indeed very odd!

pennylane

Posts : 2529
Reputation : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A message from Pat Brown

Post by Tony Bennett on 10.08.16 18:30

I've received this today from Pat Brown:

--------------------------------------------------

Hi Tony,

I just wanted to answer Verdi about why Amazon pulled my book and why the US is unwilling to publish a book about the McCanns and why other books are still out there in both the UK and US that aren't McCann supported.

1. Amazon pulled my book from both the US and UK because they were threatened by Carter-Ruck with a libel suit. Since my book is fairly cheap and not being publicized by a major publisher, they decided the gain from my book remaining on sale compared to the loss from a libel suit was too minuscule to risk.

2. The US publishers are indeed afraid of the libel issue and Carter-Ruck. Even though our libel laws are not as strict as the UK, the work of vetting the book with their legal team and having to go to court just is something not worth it to many publishers. They simply have better choices of books to publish that will net them a good payday without the hassle. It IS true that the case is not an American case and is not as strong a subject as it would be in the UK or Portugal, so that does factor into the estimation of book sales. IF there were no threat of lawsuit, I think the book would do well enough for publishers to want to go ahead with publication (and this is what has been indicated by the publishers who saw the query) but because the sales might not be in the millions, the lawsuit fear keeps them from wanted to take a chance on the book.

3. Why have other books been allowed? I think the McCanns pick and choose their battles. What they want to do is prevent the sale of the books they feel are most likely to be problematic to them; Tony's book, my book, and Amaral's. Other books either are written by people they are not worried have enough clout or will not be respected enough to give their analysis credibility. If the book also goes to deep into theories that might be construed as conspiracy theories, rightly or wrongly, this is also a book they may leave out there because it actually benefits them. Also, they  weigh how well the book is going to do; I think that is why my book disappeared off Amazon but not B&N and Smashwords where the sales are minuscule in comparison and get little publicity. Sometimes a book will last for a bit while they decide how much damage it will do and then they may take action if they see it is a problem. My book lasted five weeks on Amazon until it amassed 50 really great reviews and was positioned right under Kate's book; then it vanished.

Also, to let you all know, it was my preference to write this book as a combined effort with two other authors, Goncalo Amaral and Joana Morais. My agent struck that down because she believed that the publishers would not want a multiple author book with nonAmerican cowriters. I had hoped if the book generated interest, I could discuss their addition with the publishers because I thought a profiler, the detective on the case, and a Portuguese journalist would make a well-rounded take on the story.

Thanks, Tony,

Pat

Pat Brown
Investigative Criminal Profiler
www.patbrownprofiling.com
profilerpatbrown@gmail.com
301-633-1151


The Murder of Cleopatra
How to Save Your Daughter's Life
Only the Truth
Profile of the Disappearance of Madeleine McCann
The Profiler: My Life Hunting Serial Killers and Psychopaths
Killing for Sport: Inside the Lives of Serial Killers

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13975
Reputation : 2148
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown: US Publishers Still Afraid to Publish a Truthful Book about Madeleine McCann

Post by pennylane on 10.08.16 18:42

Many thanks to the lovely Pat Brown for promptly answering our question re US publishers and her book re Maddie McCann heart , it is as I suspected regarding the McCanns picking their battles.  Thank you also to Tony for bringing us Pat's reply roses

pennylane

Posts : 2529
Reputation : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown: US Publishers Still Afraid to Publish a Truthful Book about Madeleine McCann

Post by Verdi on 10.08.16 20:26

Thank you Pat Brown for taking the trouble to respond to my comments - and so promptly. 

I find it incredible that a couple of nondescript medics from the UK can command such a high level of protection and indeed to have the resources, financial or otherwise, to engage the services of such a prestigious firm of lawyers as Carter-Ruck.

If any evidence is required to convince the unconvinced that this case is a conspiracy of the highest order - this is it!  As I understand it, by reputation, Carter Ruck normally only take on cases of major importance - or should I say lucrative, they don't mess around with the likes of the McCanns who were careless enough to lose a child and in need of a little reputation management.  The McCanns had enough media manipulators engaged to handle that aspect of their dilemma, albeit with little or no positive effect.

Thank you again and I wish you well for the future.

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx

Verdi

Posts : 3556
Reputation : 2067
Join date : 2015-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown: US Publishers Still Afraid to Publish a Truthful Book about Madeleine McCann

Post by Verdi on 10.08.16 20:42

@pennylane wrote:
@Verdi wrote:As I said on another thread, I'm curious to know why amazon.co.uk removed Pat Brown's book about the case of Madeleine McCann, yet unsupportive books by other authors are still available for purchase.

Now we have a claim that USA publishers are wary about taking on such a controversial subject - why would a USA publisher fear a firm of UK libel lawyers, or indeed the McCanns and their litigious tendency.  I think it more likely USA publishers don't see a profitable market for a missing British child who disappeared over nine years ago from another European country.

I imagine the USA has it's fair share of missing children and crimes against children to occupy the consumer market.  Has anyone around here read Pat Brown's book?
Hi Verdi,

I believe Amazon removed Pat's book because the McCanns 'Carter Rucked' her, claiming it was defamatory.  The McCanns (imo) went after Pat because she is a) a criminal profiler that has inroads into the US media; and b) has been over to Portugal personally to assess the area and credibility of the McCanns very dodgy abduction story, and is willing to speak openly via Fox, CNN etc, regarding her personal views and professional instincts re this case. I do hope her book gets published soon. 

Jolly good question regarding the USA's reason/fear re publishing PB's book.  It is indeed very odd!
wave

I do find it strange that the US of A should be so consumed with fear over threats from a couple of irresponsible nobodies from the UK who need a high profile firm of UK lawyers to fight their battle.

Still, I guess one should never forget that it was the McCanns that took their road-show across the pond, firstly Gerald's trip to Washington in July 2007 to suss out the layout of the White House and the workings of the National Centre for Missing and Exploited Children - always a mystery to me as Madeleine was British and apparently disappeared from Portugal with absolutely nothing to suggest she was taken to America - and later their appearance on the Oprah Winfrey Show.

In the past I thought this might be laying the groundwork for eventually emigrating to Canada or the North America should it be necessary.  Otherwise, although I take your point, I can't see any particular reason for the case of Madeleine McCann to be of interest to the USA.

Must dash, it's nearly wine o'clock.

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx

Verdi

Posts : 3556
Reputation : 2067
Join date : 2015-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown: US Publishers Still Afraid to Publish a Truthful Book about Madeleine McCann

Post by Verdi on 11.08.16 0:04

Adam Tudor and his colleague Isabel Hudson [Carter-Ruck] continue to do a vast amount of work for us, without payment, most of it quietly, behind the scenes. They have given us invaluable advice, for example, in our attempts to deal with the widespread defamatory material circulating on the internet.

We have taken action against one or two websites, but it has proved almost impossible to get this stuff removed from some of them, particularly those hosted in the USA. Friends flag up some of the worst offenders for us, but in the end it comes down to picking your battles. You could spend your whole life doing nothing but trying to shut down crank websites with little prospect of success.

madeleine by KATE MCCANN

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx

Verdi

Posts : 3556
Reputation : 2067
Join date : 2015-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown: US Publishers Still Afraid to Publish a Truthful Book about Madeleine McCann

Post by aquila on 11.08.16 13:14

I don't understand why Pat Brown doesn't just publish her book as an e-book. It's of no use to anyone sitting in the dusty drawers of a publisher's filing cabinet hoping that Amazon is going to make it millions of dollars.

Publish and be damned Pat. Publish it free of charge. Let people read it - that's what it's for isn't it? Don't wait a minute longer - release it into the public domain. What is Pat waiting for?

Put the book on every forum you comment on Pat.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown: US Publishers Still Afraid to Publish a Truthful Book about Madeleine McCann

Post by Nina on 11.08.16 13:23

@aquila wrote:I don't understand why Pat Brown doesn't just publish her book as an e-book. It's of no use to anyone sitting in the dusty drawers of a publisher's filing cabinet hoping that Amazon is going to make it millions of dollars.

Publish and be damned Pat. Publish it free of charge. Let people read it - that's what it's for isn't it? Don't wait a minute longer - release it into the public domain. What is Pat waiting for?

Put the book on every forum you comment on Pat.
If she only posted it onto one facebook group it would be shared and spread within an hour.

____________________
Not one more cent from me.

Nina

Posts : 2627
Reputation : 215
Join date : 2011-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown: US Publishers Still Afraid to Publish a Truthful Book about Madeleine McCann

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 11.08.16 13:43

@aquila wrote:I don't understand why Pat Brown doesn't just publish her book as an e-book. It's of no use to anyone sitting in the dusty drawers of a publisher's filing cabinet hoping that Amazon is going to make it millions of dollars.

Publish and be damned Pat. Publish it free of charge. Let people read it - that's what it's for isn't it? Don't wait a minute longer - release it into the public domain. What is Pat waiting for?

Put the book on every forum you comment on Pat.
I agree.

PeterMac publised his book as an e-book and it's still being shared around cyberspace.

The point is to get the facts out there to as many people as possible.

Get'emGonçalo


Posts : 7121
Reputation : 2505
Join date : 2009-11-25

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown: US Publishers Still Afraid to Publish a Truthful Book about Madeleine McCann

Post by pennylane on 11.08.16 15:00

@Get'emGonçalo wrote:
@aquila wrote:I don't understand why Pat Brown doesn't just publish her book as an e-book. It's of no use to anyone sitting in the dusty drawers of a publisher's filing cabinet hoping that Amazon is going to make it millions of dollars.

Publish and be damned Pat. Publish it free of charge. Let people read it - that's what it's for isn't it? Don't wait a minute longer - release it into the public domain. What is Pat waiting for?

Put the book on every forum you comment on Pat.
I agree.

PeterMac publised his book as an e-book and it's still being shared around cyberspace.

The point is to get the facts out there to as many people as possible.

Pat Brown is a professional lady that has a living to make.  Surely there is nothing wrong in that. hello

pennylane

Posts : 2529
Reputation : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown: US Publishers Still Afraid to Publish a Truthful Book about Madeleine McCann

Post by pennylane on 11.08.16 15:27

@Verdi wrote:
@pennylane wrote:
@Verdi wrote:As I said on another thread, I'm curious to know why amazon.co.uk removed Pat Brown's book about the case of Madeleine McCann, yet unsupportive books by other authors are still available for purchase.

Now we have a claim that USA publishers are wary about taking on such a controversial subject - why would a USA publisher fear a firm of UK libel lawyers, or indeed the McCanns and their litigious tendency.  I think it more likely USA publishers don't see a profitable market for a missing British child who disappeared over nine years ago from another European country.

I imagine the USA has it's fair share of missing children and crimes against children to occupy the consumer market.  Has anyone around here read Pat Brown's book?
Hi Verdi,

I believe Amazon removed Pat's book because the McCanns 'Carter Rucked' her, claiming it was defamatory.  The McCanns (imo) went after Pat because she is a) a criminal profiler that has inroads into the US media; and b) has been over to Portugal personally to assess the area and credibility of the McCanns very dodgy abduction story, and is willing to speak openly via Fox, CNN etc, regarding her personal views and professional instincts re this case. I do hope her book gets published soon. 

Jolly good question regarding the USA's reason/fear re publishing PB's book.  It is indeed very odd!
wave

I do find it strange that the US of A should be so consumed with fear over threats from a couple of irresponsible nobodies from the UK who need a high profile firm of UK lawyers to fight their battle.

Still, I guess one should never forget that it was the McCanns that took their road-show across the pond, firstly Gerald's trip to Washington in July 2007 to suss out the layout of the White House and the workings of the National Centre for Missing and Exploited Children - always a mystery to me as Madeleine was British and apparently disappeared from Portugal with absolutely nothing to suggest she was taken to America - and later their appearance on the Oprah Winfrey Show.

In the past I thought this might be laying the groundwork for eventually emigrating to Canada or the North America should it be necessary.  Otherwise, although I take your point, I can't see any particular reason for the case of Madeleine McCann to be of interest to the USA.

Must dash, it's nearly wine o'clock.

I think the McCanns PR machine was fairing OK in the US prior to Oprah, as Mitchell was feeding 'sister chanels' Sky and Fox news.  He also hyped the McCanns upcoming Oprah appearance dramatically, but unfortunately the pair tanked abysmally due to Oprah immediately emphasizing their abject parenting, announcing to her audience that the McCanns were 'vilified the world over for leaving their three under four year old children alone 5 nights in a row, without considering they were putting them in harms way' (scratch, gulp, squirm, fidget).  I believe this pulled the US rug firmly out from underneath them, and thwarted any hopes of a warm and fuzzy $$$ reception tour. Also it would not have escaped TM's notice that Pat Brown, Wendy Murphy, Chelsea Hoffman et al weren't likely to sit back quietly as they perpetuated their big dupe over there too.

pennylane

Posts : 2529
Reputation : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown: US Publishers Still Afraid to Publish a Truthful Book about Madeleine McCann

Post by Doug D on 11.08.16 15:37

Whilst obviously her ‘new’ book proposal is not available and may not even have been written yet, her original booklet, which was ‘whooshed’ by Amazon following the intervention of C-R:
 
 ‘Profile of the Disappearance of Madeleine McCann’
 
is still readily available as an e-book at:
 
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/76820
 
for US$2.99 and also for the same price at Barnes & Noble:
 
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/profile-of-the-disappearance-of-madeleine-mccann-pat-brown/1104524095?type=eBook
 
More info about the original Amazon withdrawal and Pat’s attempt to appeal the decision can be found at:
 
https://theprimesuspect.wordpress.com/tag/pat-brown/

Doug D

Posts : 2152
Reputation : 642
Join date : 2013-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown: US Publishers Still Afraid to Publish a Truthful Book about Madeleine McCann

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 11.08.16 19:00

@pennylane wrote:
@Get'emGonçalo wrote:
@aquila wrote:I don't understand why Pat Brown doesn't just publish her book as an e-book. It's of no use to anyone sitting in the dusty drawers of a publisher's filing cabinet hoping that Amazon is going to make it millions of dollars.

Publish and be damned Pat. Publish it free of charge. Let people read it - that's what it's for isn't it? Don't wait a minute longer - release it into the public domain. What is Pat waiting for?

Put the book on every forum you comment on Pat.
I agree.

PeterMac publised his book as an e-book and it's still being shared around cyberspace.

The point is to get the facts out there to as many people as possible.

Pat Brown is a professional lady that has a living to make.  Surely there is nothing wrong in that. hello
Of course there's nothing wrong with that.

But, as Pat says, no one wants to know about her book despite the fact she's well-known in the USA and has "new information".

Seems to me she has two options:

1. Put it back in the drawer where the "new information" won't see the light of day and she won't make a living from the book.

or

2. Publish it in e-book form where the "new information" WILL see the light of day but she still won't make a living from the book.

PeterMac is also a professional with a living to make but he still published his new information in e-book format, and many thousands of people who read it are more knowledgeable now thanks to his brilliant research and dedication to the plight of three year old Maddie McCann who, after all, has no voice now and has been let down by the very people who should be facing justice for whatever happened to her.

Tony has also published his research on the internet whilst not making a living from it but is, in fact, paying the price.

Maybe if Pat has "new information" she should forward it to the PJ anyway.

Get'emGonçalo


Posts : 7121
Reputation : 2505
Join date : 2009-11-25

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown: US Publishers Still Afraid to Publish a Truthful Book about Madeleine McCann

Post by Casey5 on 11.08.16 20:06

Pat Brown did try to publish her book as an e-book through Amazon as well as a couple of smaller companies. Amazon withdrew it after being approached by Carter Ruck who stated the book was defamatory. Rather than pay for lawyers to go through the book at their expense Amazon decided to pull it instead.
The book is still available through the smaller companies who don't have as big a readership as Amazon and therefore weren't seen as a threat by the McCanns and Carter Ruck.

Casey5

Posts : 321
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown: US Publishers Still Afraid to Publish a Truthful Book about Madeleine McCann

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 11.08.16 20:41

@Casey5 wrote:Pat Brown did try to publish her book as an e-book through Amazon as well as a couple of smaller companies. Amazon withdrew it after being approached by Carter Ruck who stated the book was defamatory. Rather than pay for lawyers to go through the book at their expense Amazon decided to pull it instead.
The book is still available through the smaller companies who don't have as big a readership as Amazon and therefore weren't seen as a threat by the McCanns and Carter Ruck.
Then her options to make a living from her book are limited aren't they?

PeterMac published his ebook in PDF format and just promoted it all over the internet to get the material out there to as big an audience as possible, not thinking about making a living from it.

There are also self-publishing sites like lulu.com where I self-published my own book.

Pat has already had one book banned so she knew the risk before writing her second one.

Keeping "new information" in a drawer with mothballs is hardly going to help solve this crime.

Think of the new book she could write if her "new information" helped solve this case and the living she could make from it thereafter.

Even Dr Amaral is contemplating self publishing his next book if he can't find a publisher.

Get'emGonçalo


Posts : 7121
Reputation : 2505
Join date : 2009-11-25

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown: US Publishers Still Afraid to Publish a Truthful Book about Madeleine McCann

Post by Verdi on 11.08.16 20:52

@Get'emGonçalo wrote:
But, as Pat says, no one wants to know about her book despite the fact she's well-known in the USA and has "new information".
I very vaguely recall someone else making a claim about 'new information' to be exposed in a documentary, which if I remember rightly, included a revelation moment that would shake the world, about a McCann sceptic that's not a McCann sceptic but rather the opposite - I'm still waiting.

waiting

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx

Verdi

Posts : 3556
Reputation : 2067
Join date : 2015-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown: US Publishers Still Afraid to Publish a Truthful Book about Madeleine McCann

Post by Tony Bennett on 12.08.16 0:46

I received this from Pat Brown a few hours ago but have been unable to post it until now, I think it answers some of the comments above:

---------------------------------------------- 

Pat Brown
To: ANTHONY BENNETT
Aug 11 at 5:30 PM
 
One more thought if you are willing to share with your board:

Some of you have suggested I just simply put my book for free on my website, it would be shared everywhere on the Internet and more people would learn the truth. This certainly could be done, but I don't believe the issue at this point is that not enough people know the truth. There is a massive amount of information about the case anyone can freely access; I have written many a blog that is free to everyone who wants to read it and disseminate the information.

The issue is about power. Getting a book into the mainstream by having it put out by a big publisher would have much more impact than all the stuff rolling around on the Internet on Facebook and blogs. Getting a big publisher means more legitimacy for the theory that there is no evidence of an abduction and that the McCanns may have been involved with the disappearance of Maddie. A "real" book is what the McCanns fear which is why they wanted Amaral's book to disappear and my book to disappear (although they were far more concerned with Amaral's book because it was backed by a real publisher, not self-published like mine). This is why I would like to see a big publisher put out a book by a professional (me or another professional or a team of professionals -  profiler, detective, crime analyst, journalist) that exposes the true facts of the McCann case. 

While as a professional it is nice to be paid for the work one does, getting a book published about the McCanns is much more about truth than a good payday. Although I personally do not believe the McCanns will ever be prosecuted for the demise of their daughter, I would still like to see the truth about this case to be shared with the greater public in a medium that has more impact than self-published books and stuff batted around on the Internet. It would be nice if a REAL book on the Madeleine McCann case would be front and center in UK and US bookstores, featured on major talk shows, and finding its way onto public library shelves. Sadly, I doubt this will happen in the decade to come barring a major miracle, but maybe someone will surprise me and accomplish it.

Thanks again, Tony.

Pat Brown

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13975
Reputation : 2148
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown: US Publishers Still Afraid to Publish a Truthful Book about Madeleine McCann

Post by Verdi on 12.08.16 1:01

@Tony Bennett wrote:I received this from Pat Brown a few hours ago but have been unable to post it until now, I think it answers some of the comments above:

---------------------------------------------- 

Pat Brown
To: ANTHONY BENNETT
Aug 11 at 5:30 PM
 
One more thought if you are willing to share with your board:

Some of you have suggested I just simply put my book for free on my website, it would be shared everywhere on the Internet and more people would learn the truth. This certainly could be done, but I don't believe the issue at this point is that not enough people know the truth. There is a massive amount of information about the case anyone can freely access; I have written many a blog that is free to everyone who wants to read it and disseminate the information.

The issue is about power. Getting a book into the mainstream by having it put out by a big publisher would have much more impact than all the stuff rolling around on the Internet on Facebook and blogs. Getting a big publisher means more legitimacy for the theory that there is no evidence of an abduction and that the McCanns may have been involved with the disappearance of Maddie. A "real" book is what the McCanns fear which is why they wanted Amaral's book to disappear and my book to disappear (although they were far more concerned with Amaral's book because it was backed by a real publisher, not self-published like mine). This is why I would like to see a big publisher put out a book by a professional (me or another professional or a team of professionals -  profiler, detective, crime analyst, journalist) that exposes the true facts of the McCann case. 

While as a professional it is nice to be paid for the work one does, getting a book published about the McCanns is much more about truth than a good payday. Although I personally do not believe the McCanns will ever be prosecuted for the demise of their daughter, I would still like to see the truth about this case to be shared with the greater public in a medium that has more impact than self-published books and stuff batted around on the Internet. It would be nice if a REAL book on the Madeleine McCann case would be front and center in UK and US bookstores, featured on major talk shows, and finding its way onto public library shelves. Sadly, I doubt this will happen in the decade to come barring a major miracle, but maybe someone will surprise me and accomplish it.

Thanks again, Tony.

Pat Brown
You preempt my intended comment. 

The threatened untold documentary that still awaits a willing mainstream producer could have been, as has been suggested by many, released on You Tube - any port in a storm.  However it wasn't and still it remains gathering dust on the cutting room floor.

As I see it, people are more likely to read if they don't have to pay for the pleasure - for a start if a book is published how is it to be successfully advertised if not by way of the internet.  There is so much information already out there on the internet concerning the case of Madeleine McCann, I'm sure the most efficacious way of reaching a greater audience is through the internet.  It is the age of new technology (not always an advantage), it's like a third hand, eye, ear.

Isn't that what people believe these days - that the internet gives the populace the opportunity to voice their opinions, a privilege previously prevented by the main stream media?

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx

Verdi

Posts : 3556
Reputation : 2067
Join date : 2015-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown: US Publishers Still Afraid to Publish a Truthful Book about Madeleine McCann

Post by aquila on 12.08.16 12:19

@Tony Bennett wrote:I received this from Pat Brown a few hours ago but have been unable to post it until now, I think it answers some of the comments above:

---------------------------------------------- 

Pat Brown
To: ANTHONY BENNETT
Aug 11 at 5:30 PM
 
One more thought if you are willing to share with your board:

Some of you have suggested I just simply put my book for free on my website, it would be shared everywhere on the Internet and more people would learn the truth. This certainly could be done, but I don't believe the issue at this point is that not enough people know the truth. There is a massive amount of information about the case anyone can freely access; I have written many a blog that is free to everyone who wants to read it and disseminate the information.

The issue is about power. Getting a book into the mainstream by having it put out by a big publisher would have much more impact than all the stuff rolling around on the Internet on Facebook and blogs. Getting a big publisher means more legitimacy for the theory that there is no evidence of an abduction and that the McCanns may have been involved with the disappearance of Maddie. A "real" book is what the McCanns fear which is why they wanted Amaral's book to disappear and my book to disappear (although they were far more concerned with Amaral's book because it was backed by a real publisher, not self-published like mine). This is why I would like to see a big publisher put out a book by a professional (me or another professional or a team of professionals -  profiler, detective, crime analyst, journalist) that exposes the true facts of the McCann case. 

While as a professional it is nice to be paid for the work one does, getting a book published about the McCanns is much more about truth than a good payday. Although I personally do not believe the McCanns will ever be prosecuted for the demise of their daughter, I would still like to see the truth about this case to be shared with the greater public in a medium that has more impact than self-published books and stuff batted around on the Internet. It would be nice if a REAL book on the Madeleine McCann case would be front and center in UK and US bookstores, featured on major talk shows, and finding its way onto public library shelves. Sadly, I doubt this will happen in the decade to come barring a major miracle, but maybe someone will surprise me and accomplish it.

Thanks again, Tony.

Pat Brown
It's a cryptic answer but then again I'm probably one of those considered too thick to sit on a jury whilst professionals provide cryptic evidence.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown: US Publishers Still Afraid to Publish a Truthful Book about Madeleine McCann

Post by Verdi on 12.08.16 12:45

I think I'm confused - there is only one Pat Brown profile of the Madeleine McCann case isn't there?



Am I right in thinking this is an e-book?

The Amazon saga was a bit of a storm in a tea-cup it would appear.  Complaint made in the name of Messrs Carter Ruck, to amazon.co.uk, who proceeded to remove it from sale from all amazon outlets.  I haven't a clue how amazon operates but I'm assuming it follows the same criteria as any other book publisher as regards protecton against libel laws so again assuming it was vetted before going on sale, clearly it wasn't worth amazon trying to contest a beefy lawyers threat.

Pat Brown makes it perfectly clear in the introduction to her book, that the content is theory based on available information - hardly a crime to theorize - whereas Goncalo Amaral's book was based on the PJ files up to the time the case was archived.  Far more worrying for a guilt ridden person - if you follow Kate McCann's book (still available for purchase although quasi libel in places) they were tracking Dr. Amaral in preparation for shutting him down.

I briefly noticed on the video posted-up by HiDeHo on the other thread, the e-mail received by Pat Brown from amazon.com - I think.  It passed too quickly for me to read - is there a copy in circulation somewhere?

Whatever, I see it's still on sale with Barnes & Noble, one of the USA's most prestigious publishing houses.

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx

Verdi

Posts : 3556
Reputation : 2067
Join date : 2015-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum