The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

**updated** Appeal rejected.  McCann's request for annulment of the Supreme Court's decision  - Page 6 Mm11

**updated** Appeal rejected.  McCann's request for annulment of the Supreme Court's decision  - Page 6 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

**updated** Appeal rejected.  McCann's request for annulment of the Supreme Court's decision  - Page 6 Mm11

**updated** Appeal rejected.  McCann's request for annulment of the Supreme Court's decision  - Page 6 Regist10

**updated** Appeal rejected. McCann's request for annulment of the Supreme Court's decision

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

**updated** Appeal rejected.  McCann's request for annulment of the Supreme Court's decision  - Page 6 Empty Re: **updated** Appeal rejected. McCann's request for annulment of the Supreme Court's decision

Post by SuspiciousMinds 22.03.17 14:23

Out of interest, does anyone know whether the SC is likely to give a more detailed report on why they came to this decision at some point, or are they just allowed to reject the complaint without further explanation?
SuspiciousMinds

Activity : 154

Back to top Go down

**updated** Appeal rejected.  McCann's request for annulment of the Supreme Court's decision  - Page 6 Empty Re: **updated** Appeal rejected. McCann's request for annulment of the Supreme Court's decision

Post by sallypelt 22.03.17 14:25

SuspiciousMinds wrote:Out of interest, does anyone know whether the SC is likely to give a more detailed report on why they came to this decision at some point, or are they just allowed to reject the complaint without further explanation?
I could be wrong, but my understanding is, it was rejected without even discussing it.
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by SuspiciousMinds 22.03.17 14:34

sallypelt wrote:
SuspiciousMinds wrote:Out of interest, does anyone know whether the SC is likely to give a more detailed report on why they came to this decision at some point, or are they just allowed to reject the complaint without further explanation?
I could be wrong, but my understanding is, it was rejected without even discussing it.

Thanks for replying. Oh well...!
SuspiciousMinds

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 22.03.17 14:39

sallypelt wrote:

If the 'annulment request' was erm y'know, er accidentally 'delivered' LATE, by Isabel 'we delivered it' Durate, to the PSC, i.e. 'outside' of the 10 days 'allowed' for 'appeals' then I'd imagine it would have, possibly, have been 'read' ('for a laff!') and then 'binned'!

I don't KNOW! hysterical
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 22.03.17 14:43

If it was rejected because their lawyer put it in late is there a possibility they could sue the lawyer?

Now, we were told that the three judges could sue them, will that happen?

I doubt it very much but one never knows. oh err.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 22.03.17 15:02

"What are we going to do with this invalid annulment request/complaint, from the McCan'ts?"

"Give it to Izzy, in the basement, she'll know where to 'file' it"

**updated** Appeal rejected.  McCann's request for annulment of the Supreme Court's decision  - Page 6 Annul10
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 22.03.17 15:21

Team McCann never in a million years envisaged such a swift SC Rejection result.  They didn't expect it for months, and have been completely blindsided by it (imo)

It must surely be dawning on both TM and OG on this upcoming tenth anniversary, that they've failed abysmally to remotely convince the masses that Maddie was abducted by a stranger! 

Their endless, costly efforts to bury the truth and rewrite history have only served to reaffirm with even greater clarity, the findings of the original investigation, and to shine a very bright light on The Truth of The Lie.

I hope Rocky's new book is sold far and wide, and I'm very much looking forward to ordering my copy in English!
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 22.03.17 15:24

Being realistic - what possible chance did the McCanns have of overturning the Lisbon Supreme Court ruling?  They must have known they didn't have a hope in hell's chance - less so their lawyer.

Just another act of bravado and another handy distraction.  They've got another six months reprieve by way of the Operation Grange time extension, which temporarily keeps the wolves at bay (they think);  they've got a milestone anniversary to look forward to with plenty of publicity on the horizon, so leave the man alone - haven't you done enough damage Drs McCann?

How dare you Snr Amaral, try to solve the case of our abducted daughter - who the hell do you think you are, poking your nose in our private affairs.  Have you any idea how much this has cost the girl's search fund, taking you to court for doing your job and then you trying to profit by the girl's abduction?

This doesn't end here - the gloves are off....

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 22.03.17 15:25

Verdi wrote:Being realistic - what possible chance did the McCanns have of overturning the Lisbon Supreme Court ruling?  They must have known they didn't have a hope in hell's chance - less so their lawyer.

Just another act of bravado and another handy distraction.  They've got another six months reprieve by way of the Operation Grange time extension, which temporarily keeps the wolves at bay (they think);  they've got a milestone anniversary to look forward to with plenty of publicity on the horizon, so leave the man alone - haven't you done enough damage Drs McCann?

How dare you Snr Amaral, try to solve the case of our abducted daughter - who the hell do you think you are, poking your nose in our private affairs.  Have you any idea how much this has cost the girl's search fund, taking you to court for doing your job and then you trying to profit by the girl's abduction?

Spot on Verdi!
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 22.03.17 15:36

Verdi wrote:Being realistic - what possible chance did the McCanns have of overturning the Lisbon Supreme Court ruling?  They must have known they didn't have a hope in hell's chance - less so their lawyer.

Some people are so narcissistic that they cannot accept defeat. They are so up their own rear end that they think that they are above the law. The ECHR isn't even going to entertain these people. It has more important things to consider.
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 22.03.17 15:51

Looking at the statistic for the ECHRs and it makes for interesting reading. Here are a few facts:

Facts about admissibility

Did you know that 81% of all applications (a total of 45,576) decided by the Court in 2015 were declared inadmissible?
The principal reasons why applications were declared inadmissible in 2015 were as follows:

• 57% were rejected as manifestly ill-founded
  • In 14% of applications, the applicants did not exhaust domestic remedies
  • 11% were lodged more than 6 months after the final decision taken by a domestic court
  • 11% were rejected because the applicants wanted the Court to quash, rehear or revise decisions taken by domestic courts ("fourth instance")
  • 8% of applications were found to be incompatible with the provisions of the Convention or its Protocols

The Court does not act as a court of appeal vis-à-vis domestic courts

http://appform.echr.coe.int/echrappchecklist/default.aspx?lang=eng&cookieCheck=true
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by SuspiciousMinds 22.03.17 16:43

jeanmonroe wrote:
sallypelt wrote:

If the 'annulment request' was erm y'know, er accidentally 'delivered' LATE, by Isabel 'we delivered it' Durate, to the PSC, i.e. 'outside' of the 10 days 'allowed' for 'appeals' then I'd imagine it would have, possibly, have been 'read' ('for a laff!') and then 'binned'!

I don't KNOW! hysterical

I don't know the exact dates, but from looking at newspaper reports it looks as if the full report on the SC appeal ruling was made public around 9th February, and confirmation that the McCanns were requesting annulment is in the papers by 19th February. They couldn't be expected to appeal before they had the full details for the decision. So I doubt whether a late application would be the reason for a flat-out rejection?
SuspiciousMinds

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 22.03.17 17:24

31st Jan – Date on SC ruling documents

(PJGA also posted on 1st Feb that ruling received ‘yesterday’, so 31st is confirmed as the issued date of the ruling & TM would have received it on that date also.)

‘Day 1’ is therefore 1st Feb and 10 working days is 14th

Feb 16th Annulment request document date, so it does appear to have been filed late.

Although we were led to believe any ‘appeal’ had to be within 10 days, the call for annulment of the SC decision is so obscure, I have not seen anything to actually confirm that this is the definite time limit.

Presumably it is also possible that ID applied for and was granted a few days extension to file this, due to the length and complexities of the ruling.
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Post by SuspiciousMinds 22.03.17 17:32

Doug D wrote:31st Jan – Date on SC ruling documents

(PJGA also posted on 1st Feb that ruling received ‘yesterday’, so 31st is confirmed as the issued date of the ruling & TM would have received it on that date also.)

‘Day 1’ is therefore 1st Feb and 10 working days is 14th

Feb 16th Annulment request document date, so it does appear to have been filed late.

Although we were led to believe any ‘appeal’ had to be within 10 days, the call for annulment of the SC decision is so obscure, I have not seen anything to actually confirm that this is the definite time limit.

Presumably it is also possible that ID applied for and was granted a few days extension to file this, due to the length and complexities of the ruling.

I thought initially we just had the verdict that the McCanns had lost, and then we all had to sit tight and wait a week or so until the full report came out?

"While the judges’ official ruling is yet to be published, lawyers for the McCanns have been informed of their decision."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/feb/01/madeleine-mccanns-parents-lose-libel-case-appeal-in-portugal
SuspiciousMinds

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 22.03.17 17:47

From Corrio da Manha 22 March 2017

Google translation:

Supreme denies appeal of Maddie's parents against Gonçalo Amaral

The Supreme Court of Justice (STJ) has rejected an appeal by the McCann couple against the STJ's decision to revoke the payment by former PJ inspector Gonçalo Amaral of compensation to the parents of the missing child in 2007.

The STJ had confirmed in January the decision of the Court of Appeal of Lisbon of April 19, 2016 to revoke Gonçalo Amaral's decision to pay compensation of 500 thousand euros to the couple McCann, parents of the English child who disappeared in the Algarve, For damages caused by the publication of the book entitled "Maddie: The Truth of the Lie."

Contrary to the judgment of the Supreme Court, issued on December 31, 2016, the McCann couple filed a review appeal, related to the reasoning of the decision, and the STJ decided, at a conference of the 1st Civil Court held on Tuesday, Refuse to review the decision.

In the book, the former PJ inspector raised suspicions that Kate Marie Healy McCann and Gerald Patrick McCann would be involved in the disappearance of their daughter, Madeleine McCann, in a tourist village on Luz beach, Algarve.

According to explained then source of the STJ, the decision of the Supreme Court confirmed the grounds that led to the decision of the Relation to revoke the payment of the compensation decided by the first civil court.

The same source stated that the advisory judges of the Supreme Court of Justice understood that "in a situation of conflict between the right to honor and the right to freedom of expression, the criterion of balancing interests, acting in accordance with the principle of proportionality and the specificity of the In the sense that it is the freedom of expression of the defendant (Gonçalo Amaral), a creditor of greater protection. "

On April 19, 2016, the Court of Appeal of Lisbon recognized Gonçalo Amaral the constitutional right to express his opinion and revoked the decision that forced the former inspector of the PJ to pay compensation to the English couple.

Relação also revoked the ban on the commercialization of the book written by Gonçalo Amaral, which was included in the judgment of the lower court

Before, in January of 2015, the Lisbon court (Justice Palace) condemned Gonçalo Amaral "to pay each one" of the elements of the couple Kate McCann and Gearald McCann, "the compensatory amount of 250,000.00 (two hundred and fifty thousand Euros) plus interest at the statutory rate of civil interest from January 5, 2010 until full payment. "

In addition to this payment, the court also ordered a ban on the sale and new editions of the book, prohibiting further editions of the DVD, as well as the copyright transaction of the book and DVD.

The same court had already proven that the book of PJ Gonçalo Amaral's former inspector had caused damages to Madeleine McCann's parents.

Relação also revoked the ban on the commercialization of the book written by Gonçalo Amaral, which was included in the judgment of the lower court

Before, in January of 2015, the Lisbon court (Justice Palace) condemned Gonçalo Amaral "to pay each one" of the elements of the couple Kate McCann and Gearald McCann, "the compensatory amount of 250,000.00 (two hundred and fifty thousand
Euros) plus interest at the statutory rate of civil interest from January 5, 2010 until full payment. "

In addition to this payment, the court also ordered a ban on the sale and new editions of the book, prohibiting further editions of the DVD, as well as the copyright transaction of the book and DVD.

The same court had already proven that the book of PJ Gonçalo Amaral's former inspector had caused damages to Madeleine McCann's parents.

The defense of the parents of the disappeared child alleged that the book was given ready three days after the Republic of Portimão's attorney, Magalhães Menezes, had drafted the filing of the case against the McCann couple, with notification date of July 29 Of 2008.

For the preparation of the book, in which the former coordinator of the Criminal Investigation Department of Portimão Gonçalo Amaral PJ defended the thesis that Madeleine's parents were involved in the disappearance and concealment of the corpse of the child, the lawyer of the British family, Isabel Duarte, argued that the author used unauthorized and prohibited procedural documents.

Madeleine McCann disappeared in May 2007, when she was four, in a tourist village in the village of Luz, Lagos, where her family was on vacation.

http://www.cmjornal.pt/portugal/detalhe/supremo-nega-recurso-de-revista-a-casal-mccann?ref=HP_Grupo1

sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 22.03.17 17:58

SuspiciousMinds,

Yes you're right in that we initially just heard the ruling, without the documentation.

We don't know exactly when the parties received it, but it was signed on 31st, so if not e-mailed to them on that actual date, it should have gone out either on 1st or 2nd, which could have pushed the '10 days' back to 16th.

In the scheme of things, whether it was filed on time or not, probably makes little difference, as the judgement was so thorough, dotting the i's and crossing the t's, that it left no real avenues for a successful appeal.
Doug D

Back to top Go down

Post by SuspiciousMinds 22.03.17 18:16

Doug D wrote:SuspiciousMinds,

Yes you're right in that we initially just heard the ruling, without the documentation.

We don't know exactly when the parties received it, but it was signed on 31st, so if not e-mailed to them on that actual date, it should have gone out either on 1st or 2nd, which could have pushed the '10 days' back to 16th.

In the scheme of things, whether it was filed on time or not, probably makes little difference, as the judgement was so thorough, dotting the i's and crossing the t's, that it left no real avenues for a successful appeal.

I guess I'd just prefer to think it was rejected because their objection was completely groundless, petty and contemptible, rather than because of some banal technicality over dates! big grin
SuspiciousMinds

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 22.03.17 19:20

If it had just been a technicality over the filing date it would not have got as far as this:

'...the STJ decided, at a conference of the 1st Civil Court held on Tuesday, Refuse to review the decision.'

'Indeferida!'
Doug D

Back to top Go down

Post by Judex 22.03.17 19:42

Doug D wrote:If it had just been a technicality over the filing date it would not have got as far as this:

'...the STJ decided, at a conference of the 1st Civil Court held on Tuesday, Refuse to review the decision.'

'Indeferida!'

Curious point. All the other cases on the Supreme Court spreadsheet were listed as 'Audiências = hearings.

Some of the 'Audiências' were 'Concedida a Revista' . Some were 'Negada as Revista' (review allowed/ review denied.)

Only the McCann case was listed as 'Conferências'; (something like consultation/discussion). Only the McCann case was 'Indeferida' = rejected.
(sometimes indeferido/a in legal Portuguese means 'overruled' eg; objeção indeferida = objection overruled.
Judex

Activity : 175

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 23.03.17 0:57

Finally, the 'Express' joins 'in'

'embargoed' until 00:01am    23/03/2017

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/782719/Kate-and-Gerry-McCann-lose-another-court-battle

McCanns lose again in Maddie book row

KATE and Gerry McCann have lost another court battle in their bid to silence claims they faked their daughter Madeleine’s disappearance.

PUBLISHED: 00:01, Thu, Mar 23, 2017

The McCanns have lost another court battle to end claims that they had faked Madeline's disapperance
A Portuguese supreme court judge has again backed local ex-police chief Goncalo Amaral’s right to make the allegation in his book about the case.

The publication, The Truth Of The Lie, sensationally claims Gerry, 48, and Kate McCann, 49, faked missing Madeleine’s abduction.

The couple, whose daughter vanished during a family holiday on the Portuguese Algarve in 2007, now have only the European Court of Human Rights to go to in their battle with Mr Amaral

The McCanns launched an appeal last month after the Portuguese supreme court ruled they had not proved they were innocent of involvement.

But after hearing their nine-page complaint, the supreme court has again backed Mr Amaral.

Kate and Gerry, of Rothley, Leicestershire, who have warned they will sue if The Truth Of The Lie is sold in Britain, said after yesterday’s court’s ruling: “It is obviously extremely disappointing.”

The McCanns still hope that their eldest daughter, who would now be 13, is alive despite being missing for close to a decade.

The Met Police’s Operation Grange investigation into the case has cost over £12million.
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 23.03.17 1:05

Madeleine McCann's parents lose third libel case to silence detective who claimed they faked their daughter's abduction

• Maddie: The Truth of the Lie was written by ex police chief Gonçalo Amaral
  • He claims McCanns faked Madeleine's abduction knowing she was already dead
  • Kate and Gerry McCann have angrily protested against the book in a long battle
  • Supreme court ruled in favour of Amaral and McCanns have nowhere to turn 

Kate and Gerry McCann have lost the third and final court case to silence a police officer who claims they faked the disappearance of their daughter Maddie.
Maddie: The Truth of the Lie was penned by Gonçalo Amaral, the policeman who headed up the hunt for Madeleine McCann after she vanished from a Portuguese apartment. 
A supreme court judge ruled in favour of the officer, upholding what he called his right to freedom of expression.

There is no higher court in Portugal, meaning it appears the McCanns have expended all their options, according to local press.  
The book claims the McCanns faked their daughter's abduction.
Maddie's parents Gerry and Kate, who were eating tapas in a bar in the Algarve when their daughter went missing, were hit with the fresh blow of anguish after a long civil battle.
Last month, The Portuguese Supreme Court ruled they had not proved they were innocent in the disappearance. 
The McCanns accused the Supreme Court judges who ruled against them in their court fight with ex-police chief Goncalo Amaral of nonsensical 'contradictions'.
Furious Gerry and Kate made it clear through lawyers that they strongly disagreed with the judges' 'erroneous' premise the lifting of their status as 'arguidos' or formal suspects did not mean they were innocent of any involvement in their daughter's May 3, 2007 disappearance.
**updated** Appeal rejected.  McCann's request for annulment of the Supreme Court's decision  - Page 6 1D9CA07A00000578-4254466-image-a-13_1487890135357

+9

Madeline McCann who went missing in 2007
Portugal's Supreme Court issued its devastating put-down in February when it backed Amaral over his hurtful 2008 book The Truth of the Lie in which he claimed the McCanns faked Madeleine's abduction to cover up her death in their Algarve holiday apartment.
Judges angered the McCanns by claiming the July 2008 archiving of the first Portuguese probe into their daughter's disappearance 'was determined by the fact that public prosecutors hadn't managed to obtain sufficient evidence of the practice of crimes' by them.
The couple's fight-back was laid out in a nine-page complaint.
It was lodged with the Supreme Court in February in a bid to invalidate its ruling rejecting the McCanns' libel appeal against Amaral and the makers of a TV documentary based on his book.
The document, drafted by the McCanns' Portuguese lawyer Isabel Duarte and her colleague Ricardo Correia, says: 'The appellants understand the archiving of the case took place because during the inquiry, sufficient evidence had been collected to show the 'arguidos' had not committed any crime.'
They said the removal of the McCanns' 'arguido' status had legally binding connotations and claimed the Supreme Court judges' argument 'lacked foundation and could be easily altered'.
Accusing them of acting 'frivolously' and contradicting themselves with their statements about the reasons for the 2008 probe archive, they added: 'It cannot be stated that it is not acceptable that the archiving of the case is considered the equivalent to proof of innocence.'
Mrs Duarte confirmed at the time the McCanns had lodged a formal complaint against the latest court ruling, although she declined to go into detail about why and how they were fighting it.
This has now been ruled upon, and they lost again.

Kate and Gerry of Rothley, Leicestershire, have said they will sue if 'The Truth of the Lie' is sold in Britain.
They said in a statement after learning of a previous Supreme Court ruling against them: 'What we have been told by our lawyers is obviously extremely disappointing.
'It is eight years since we brought the action, and in that time the landscape has changed dramatically, namely there is now a joint Metropolitan Police and Policia Judiciaria investigation which is what we have always wanted.
'The police in both countries continue to work on the basis that there is no evidence Madeleine has come to physical harm.
'We will of course be discussing the implications of the Supreme Court ruling with our lawyers in due course.'
It is believed the McCanns are discussing the possibility of taking the case to the European Court of Human Rights.
**updated** Appeal rejected.  McCann's request for annulment of the Supreme Court's decision  - Page 6 3E304C1900000578-4338616-Madeleine_McCann_pictured_went_missing_while_on_holiday_in_Praia-a-10_1490188297842

+9
Madeleine McCann (pictured) went missing while on holiday in Praia da Luz in Portugal
Just last week the parents of tragic Maddie faced fresh heartbreak after a criminal investigator made an outrageous claim that their daughter 'died in the apartment'.
Moita Flores, a Portuguese crime expert, has lashed out at Kate, 49, and Gerry McCann, 48, as they approach the 10th anniversary of Maddie's disappearance.
Mr Flores, who was once involved with the Policia Judiciaria - who conducted the initial search - said: 'Maddie died in that apartment, I have no doubt.'
His outburst was reported on a Portuguese website and he questioned: 'Why this child when there are so many others who have disappeared?'
Madeleine McCann disappeared from apartment 5a at the Ocean Complex in Praia da Luz in May 2007.
Gerry and Kate still hold hope that their eldest daughter, who would now be 13, is still alive despite being missing for close to a decade. 
This could be Operation Grange's final year of searching for the missing child. 
They have been concentrating on the notion that she was sold by child traffickers – her parents' and their first team of private investigators' initial hunch – and could still be alive.
So far the inquiry, launched in May 2011 on orders of then Prime Minister David Cameron, has cost more than £12million with topped-up funds set to run out at the end of March.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4338616/McCanns-lose-final-court-case-silence-policeman.html

There is an old saying - 'when you're in a hole, stop digging'.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 23.03.17 7:45

How can they afford to sue Rocky if his book is printed in the UK - going to court is a risky business DON'T CHA KNOW that by now?

DON'T CHA?

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 23.03.17 8:07

MCCANNS LOSE AGAIN - Lots of coverage, examples below:

Madeleine McCann's parents Kate and Gerry lose third libel battle to silence cop who claimed they ...

The Sun 

MADDIE McCann's parents have lost a third and 'final' appeal to silence a policeman who oversaw the hunt for their daughter, it is reported. Portugal's ...

Madeleine McCann's parents lose battle to silence cop who said they faked abduction - Metro

Find Madeleine McCann site shut because of trolls affecting administrator's mental health - Leicester Mercury

Madeleine McCann's parents lose final appeal to silence cop who claims they faked abduction - Mirror.co.uk

Full Coverage
Madeleine McCann's parents lose THIRD appeal to silence cop who wrote book about them - Glasgow Evening Times 

Madeleine McCann's parents have lost a THIRD appeal to silence a cop who wrote book about them and the hunt for their missing daughter. Goncalo ...

McCanns lose again in Maddie book row - Express.co.uk

Full Coverage

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr What 23.03.17 12:25

Gven that the Supreme Court judgement has now been released stating that Prosecutors had not managed to obtain sufficient evidence of the practice of crimes by the McCanns and that they have not been declared innocent, shouldn't the NHS take steps to protect members of the public who may come into contact with McCann?
Dr What

Activity : 286

Back to top Go down

Post by SuspiciousMinds 23.03.17 12:39

Dr What wrote:Gven that the Supreme Court judgement has now been released stating that Prosecutors had not managed to obtain sufficient evidence of the practice of crimes by the McCanns and that they have not been declared innocent, shouldn't the NHS take steps to protect members of the public who may come into contact with McCann?

No, because they haven't been declared guilty either. Amusing though it would be...

Have the McCanns made any comment on the latest development? The only reference I can find is in the Express, but they quote the McCanns as saying 'It is obviously extremely disappointing' - that's exactly word-for-word what they said after they received the original appeal ruling, so I think the dear old Express may have got its knickers in a muddle there.
SuspiciousMinds

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top