The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

**updated** Appeal rejected.  McCann's request for annulment of the Supreme Court's decision  - Page 4 Mm11

**updated** Appeal rejected.  McCann's request for annulment of the Supreme Court's decision  - Page 4 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

**updated** Appeal rejected.  McCann's request for annulment of the Supreme Court's decision  - Page 4 Mm11

**updated** Appeal rejected.  McCann's request for annulment of the Supreme Court's decision  - Page 4 Regist10

**updated** Appeal rejected. McCann's request for annulment of the Supreme Court's decision

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

**updated** Appeal rejected.  McCann's request for annulment of the Supreme Court's decision  - Page 4 Empty Re: **updated** Appeal rejected. McCann's request for annulment of the Supreme Court's decision

Post by jeanmonroe 21.03.17 21:00

We PAY for your stories!

Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team?

Email us at tips@the-sun.co.uk or call 0207 782 4368
-----------------------------------

Here's a 'story'......G Amaral WINS.....AGAIN!

Here's a 'tip'.............Don't take the Right Honourable, G Amaral to 'court'!

Where's me effing dosh???
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

**updated** Appeal rejected.  McCann's request for annulment of the Supreme Court's decision  - Page 4 Empty Re: **updated** Appeal rejected. McCann's request for annulment of the Supreme Court's decision

Post by plebgate 21.03.17 21:05

Many moons ago when Mitchell first said Rocky was being watched blah blah many posters advised against the suing malarkey.  All free advice and you know what - those posters were right.

I do hope that Rocky will now take legal action himself and that the legal action will be in UK against all who have insulted him and made his life hell.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 21.03.17 21:15

plebgate wrote:Many moons ago when Mitchell first said Rocky was being watched blah blah many posters advised against the suing malarkey.  All free advice and you know what - those posters were right.

I do hope that Rocky will now take legal action himself and that the legal action will be in UK against all who have insulted him and made his life hell.

WE 'work''..........'pro bono publico' don't yer know!
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by JRP 21.03.17 21:47

Brilliant news for GA and his family.

So, Waterstones in the morning, I presume they'll have the hard back edition, non of that flimsy paperback rubbish.
JRP

Activity : 1176

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Pandora 21.03.17 21:48

The best way to proceed IMO would be for him to secure a publisher for his book in the UK. The revenue this will bring in and the fact that people can read it and make up their own minds would serve a higher purpose than any counter libel case. I am so thrilled with the news today   Congratulations Mr Amaral
Miss Pandora

Activity : 46

Back to top Go down

**updated** Appeal rejected.  McCann's request for annulment of the Supreme Court's decision  - Page 4 Empty McCanns frivolity complaint rejected

Post by Wahrheit2 21.03.17 22:20

I haven't seen this posted yet. Apologies if covered elsewhere.

http://portugalresident.com/mccann’s-“frivolity”-complaint-rejected-gonçalo-amaral’s-‘libel-win’-confirmed-for-3rd-time
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you, Wahrheit2, it's being discussed here:

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t13775-updated-appeal-rejected-mccann-s-request-for-annulment-of-the-supreme-court-s-decision

Thread locked - Mod
Wahrheit2
Wahrheit2

Activity : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Constablekid 22.03.17 0:11

Amazing news!
Constablekid

Activity : 122

Back to top Go down

Post by Constablekid 22.03.17 0:29

Wonderful news!
Constablekid

Activity : 122

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 22.03.17 0:35

UK Maddia 'watch'

BBC.............NOTHING......00:34hrs 22/03/2017

The Sun.........NOTHING......00:38hrs   22/03/2017

Sky News.......NOTHING.....00:40hrs     22/03/2017

Daily Star.........NOTHING........00:43hrs     22/03/2017

Daily Mirror......NOTHING.........00:45hrs    22/03/2017...............(and, yes, I did 'check' under 'Royal Family' news!)

Daily Express.........NOTHING......00:49hrs     22/03/2017

It's as though NOTHING 'happened' in Portugal, yesterday, in the McCan'ts vs PSC/GA 'annulment request' hearing!
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 22.03.17 1:21

shiny   Vive la justice!

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsupdoc 22.03.17 6:11

With no news, what will MSM do?

All noses out of joint...lol   smilie

Activity : 953

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 22.03.17 8:42

I can't move for all this tumbleweed blowing about!

Where's the next story about a vague suspect or the terrible trolls impact on people's mental health?
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 22.03.17 9:09

The news has gone Internaitonal without any help from the UK MSM.
More and more people are turning to the internet for their news.
It's mainly the older generation who buy the dailies anyway as those who can view the online versions can also view forums and other news outlets.

We need them less and less when celebsand others are prepared to speak out on Facebook and Youtube imo.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 22.03.17 9:12

plebgate wrote:The news has gone Internaitonal without any help from the UK MSM.
More and more people are turning to the internet for their news.
It's mainly the older generation who buy the dailies anyway as those who can view the online versions can also view forums and other news outlets.

We need them less and less when celebsand others are prepared to speak out on Facebook and Youtube imo.

Yes, like Mark, there's still some journalists with integrity left...just not in the UK it would seem.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41706

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 22.03.17 9:13

jeanmonroe wrote:UK Maddia 'watch'

BBC.............NOTHING......00:34hrs 22/03/2017

The Sun.........NOTHING......00:38hrs   22/03/2017

Sky News.......NOTHING.....00:40hrs     22/03/2017

Daily Star.........NOTHING........00:43hrs     22/03/2017

Daily Mirror......NOTHING.........00:45hrs    22/03/2017...............(and, yes, I did 'check' under 'Royal Family' news!)

Daily Express.........NOTHING......00:49hrs     22/03/2017

It's as though NOTHING 'happened' in Portugal, yesterday, in the McCan'ts vs PSC/GA 'annulment request' hearing!

Thank you jeanmonroe  thumbsup

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 22.03.17 9:18

JulieC wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:UK tabloids appear not yet to have the news.
-------------------------

UK 'Maddia'..................'Sshhhh!'

Maybe The Sun 'tips' hotline would like to hear the good news   big grin
Peter emailed them with the good news last night....but still nothing!

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 22.03.17 9:32

The press silence is so profound that it amounts to a lockdown. The only times you see this sort of behaviour is in totalitarian regimes OR where people are recruited, then deliberately compromised before being moved into positions of power where they can easily be manipulated by the faceless ones.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 22.03.17 9:33

Following this decision will the (reported)proposed interview with either Piers or Mary  go ahead?

roll
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmon521 22.03.17 9:35

The telegraph and independent had it online last nite but they were the only ones.nothing on any news channels at all
Harmon521
Harmon521

Activity : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Libra 22.03.17 10:12

Fantastic news! I'm so pleased for Dr Amaral
Libra

Activity : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 22.03.17 10:45

Harmon521:

‘The telegraph and independent had it online last nite…’

Any links or copies please?

Could find nothing yesterday and still nothing this morning.
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 22.03.17 11:41

Not so much as a "Fresh Heartache for Kate and Gerry McCann" headline anywhere on the main news channels!

Never mind, we'll get the word out anyway regarding their REJECTED APPEAL, and the media can stick the rest of their Fake News stories where the sun don't shine. high5
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 22.03.17 11:41

Let’s rewind back to 2010, where all this began. With hindsight, one can compare what was said and done back then,  with today’s outcome/s:

The McCanns’ petition for a review of the Maddie case already has 31,000 signatures Público

By Jeniffer Lopes
10.11.2010 – 19:21
With thanks to Joana Morais for translation

Kate and Gerry McCann are circulating a petition which they intend to use to make the English and Portuguese governments review the Maddie case. So far they have managed 31,000 signatures and intend to reach 100,000. In the press conference they gave this afternoon in Lisbon, Kate and Gerry have assured that they will not lower their arms and that there is important information, to which they do not have access, that is in the possession of the British and Portuguese authorities.
The McCanns believe the gathering of the data held by the English and Portuguese authorities will allow the discovery of what has happened to Madeleine, their daughter, who disappeared three and a half years ago. With the petition, that is available online and in paper, Kate and Gerry expect to get both the English and Portuguese governments to cooperate, gathering and analysing all the informations.
“If we don’t have the help of the authorities, we will have to continue the search ourselves,” said Kate. Holding hands with stern expressions, the McCanns highlighted, several times during the press conference, their intention of not giving up until they know what has happened to Maddie, who would be seven-years-old today. “It’s like being in a race and not knowing when it will end,” said Gerry.
Despite the “small investigation team”, financed by Maddie’s Fund, the McCanns say that they are “restricted”, in the sense that they do not have “access to all the information the authorities have”.
Regarding the Maddie Fund, the McCanns guarantee that it is not over, despite the decrease in contributions that has been recorded. According to Gerry, the maximum has been done to get financial support. “Every month we have meetings to discuss ways to ensure money”, he explained. “If it wasn’t for the fund, no one would be looking for Madeleine right now”, said Kate.
Regarding the Appellate Court decision of annulling the ban on the sales of Gonçalo Amaral’s book – “The Truth of the Lie” -, the McCanns haven’t said much. According to Gerry, the book “leads one to believe that Maddie is dead, when there is no evidence pointing in that direction”.
Isabel Duarte, the McCann’s lawyer, said that “the appeal to the Supreme (Court of Justice) was delivered on the 5th of November”. This is an exceptional situation, made possible, according to Isabel Duarte, thanks to raising a fundamental argument: “That this book was published and will continue to be published to make money and to deepen my clients pain, and to hinder the investigation relative to Madeleine McCann”.
In the case of the Appellate Court’s decision being upheld, the solution will be to appeal to the international courts.
Gonçalo Amaral’s book is not yet available on the market. “And it won’t be,” stated Isabel Duarte. “I am the trustee of the book and whilst I am not forced to return it, I will not do it in any way, whatsoever. This while there isn’t a final definitive decision.”
End

And the moral of this story is “be careful what you wish for”
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 22.03.17 11:46

And we're 'off and running'?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3149599/madeleine-mccanns-parents-kate-and-gerry-lose-third-libel-battle-to-silence-cop-who-claimed-they-fake-her-kidnap/

MORE MADDIE AGONY Madeleine McCann’s parents Kate and Gerry lose third libel battle to silence cop who claimed they fake her kidnap
Portugal's highest court dismissed Gerry and Kate's bid to overturn a court's ruling that Goncalo Amaral libelled them in tell-all book

By Danny Collins
22nd March 2017, 11:38 am

MADDIE McCann’s parents have lost a third and ‘final’ appeal against claims made in a book by the policeman who oversaw the hunt for their daughter, it is claimed.

Portugal’s highest court dismissed Gerry and Kate’s bid to overturn a court’s ruling that Goncalo Amaral had not libelled them in a tell-all book.

Gerry and Kate McCann are reported to have lost a third appeal over claims a Portuguese cop libelled them in a book about the investigation into their missing daughter Maddie

Amaral published "The Truth of the Lie" in 2008 which led to a TV documentary

"The Truth Of The Lie" alleged the youngster had died and Kate and Gerry McCann covered it up.

Supreme court judge Dr Jorge Manuel Roque Nogueira dismissed the McCann’s claim on Wedneday, Portugal Resident reported today.

It is the third time a Portuguese court has upheld Amaral’s right to freedom of expression.

There is no higher Portuguese court to which Maddie’s parents can now take their claim.
---------------------------

"........are REPORTED to have LOST.........."?

They LOST again............PERIOD!

"Supreme court judge Dr Jorge Manuel Roque Nogueira dismissed the McCann’s claim on Wedneday"

(Can't get the 'staff'?)

WEDNEDAY?

Yep, and on 'TURDDAY'...........they still will have LOST!
-----------------------

'adding' bits all the time,

In a nine-page legal complaint they had sought to invalidate the ruling accusing the Portuguese judges of “contradictions” and acting “frivolously”.

In the book, it is claimed Maddie died in the family’s holiday flat in Praia Da Luz and her parents faked her abduction to cover up the tragedy.

The book was released just three days after Gerry and Kate were told their status as formal suspects had been lifted in July 2008.
Amaral is understood to have earned £344,000 from his book before it was initially banned.

and 'more'

The McCann's could now face a hefty legal bill after the court wrangle with Amaral.

Speaking after the court found in favour of the Portuguese ex-cop last month a family friend labelled the decision "disappointing".

They told The Sun: “It was never about winning big libel damages but all about them silencing him to stop them spouting his untruthful and malicious lies.

“It has always been more of a personal battle and they are bitterly disappointed they have lost but not totally surprised.”

(TWO 'mentions' for GA's book! The McS must be 'furious and fuming' at that!)
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxyroo 22.03.17 11:56

Congratulations everyone! And especially Snr. Amaral
high5

Activity : 727

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top