The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Parents say they will keep fighting libel battle with ex-cop and bring their daughter home Mm11

Parents say they will keep fighting libel battle with ex-cop and bring their daughter home Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Parents say they will keep fighting libel battle with ex-cop and bring their daughter home Mm11

Parents say they will keep fighting libel battle with ex-cop and bring their daughter home Regist10

Parents say they will keep fighting libel battle with ex-cop and bring their daughter home

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Parents say they will keep fighting libel battle with ex-cop and bring their daughter home Empty Parents say they will keep fighting libel battle with ex-cop and bring their daughter home

Post by Keitei 19.02.17 22:51

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccanns-parents-say-keep-9851773

Madeleine McCann's parents say they will keep fighting libel battle with ex-cop and bring their daughter home
Kate and Gerry McCann are making a formal complaint to Portuga's top court in a bid to stop the detective telling "awful lies" about her disappearance
BYTRACEY KANDOHLA
21:25, 19 FEB 2017UPDATED22:18, 19 FEB 2017

Madeleine McCann ’s parents will keep fighting their libel battle with a former police chief because it will “empower them to help bring their daughter home”, according to a pal.

Kate and Gerry McCann are battling to overturn a judgment in favour of Goncalo Amaral, 58, by making a formal complaint to Portugal’s top court .

The couple, both 48, won damages from Mr Amaral over his claim in a 2008 book that they faked ­Madeleine’s kidnap to cover up her accidental death.

But he won an appeal on freedom of expression grounds and the Supreme Court has since rejected the McCanns’ counter-appeal.

It leaves doctors Kate and Gerry, of Rothley, Leics, facing a huge legal bill. Their lawyer Isabel Duarte confirmed: “They have now made a complaint over the ruling to that court, it is sort of like an appeal.”

A family friend added: “It’s been ­dragging on for nearly nine years and they’re not giving up for the sake of a few more months.

“They firmly believe one day they can stop Mr Amaral telling these awful lies about their daughter’s disappearance. They need to do everything in their power to bring Madeleine home”.

Mr Amaral led the botched hunt for ­Madeleine in 2007 after she vanished, aged three, at the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz.

He is now planning a second book based on his own experiences, potentially piling on the misery for the McCanns.

Our sister paper the Sunday People tracked Mr Amaral down to a cafe north of Lisbon, where he was pictured drinking beer and smoking in the sunshine.

The family friend added: “It appears he has no idea of the hurt and anguish he continues to heap on Madeleine’s poor parents.”

Moderator/Investigator

Activity : 1560

Back to top Go down

Parents say they will keep fighting libel battle with ex-cop and bring their daughter home Empty Re: Parents say they will keep fighting libel battle with ex-cop and bring their daughter home

Post by Verdi 19.02.17 23:14

aaagh   What a load of bloody cobblers - please excuse my language.  This woman is a liability - even Clarence Mitchell can't equal her crass stupidity.

A respected lawyer, Isabel Duarte says, I quote “They have now made a complaint over the ruling to that court, it is sort of like an appeal.”

Sort of like an appeal?  What sort of language is that for a lawyer - is it legalese for I haven't a bloody clue what I'm talking about?

How dare Goncalo Amaral relax in the sunshine drinking beer when he could be down the local tapas with his mates whilst his kids are left alone in the dark to fend for themselves?

"Madeleine McCann ’s parents will keep fighting their libel battle with a former police chief because it will “empower them to help bring their daughter home”, according to a pal."

Empower them to help bring their daughter home?  What the effing hell is that supposed to mean - will they be proactively searching for their precious daughter or sitting on their fat backsides expecting everyone else to jump at their command.  Even if Madeleine is out there and findable, the chances of her being returned to chez Rothley hovers around zero.  She is a ward of court, the parents have no say in her future - she would!  What teenage girl would want to be returned to parents who left her alone with her younger brother and sister to be abducted by a stranger.

This case has gone way beyond the ridiculous.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Parents say they will keep fighting libel battle with ex-cop and bring their daughter home Empty Re: Parents say they will keep fighting libel battle with ex-cop and bring their daughter home

Post by MayMuse 19.02.17 23:31

Verdi wrote:aaagh   What a load of bloody cobblers - please excuse my language.  This woman is a liability - even Clarence Mitchell can't equal her crass stupidity.

A respected lawyer, Isabel Duarte says, I quote “They have now made a complaint over the ruling to that court, it is sort of like an appeal.”

Sort of like an appeal?  What sort of language is that for a lawyer - is it legalese for I haven't a bloody clue what I'm talking about?

How dare Goncalo Amaral relax in the sunshine drinking beer when he could be down the local tapas with his mates whilst his kids are left alone in the dark to fend for themselves?

"Madeleine McCann ’s parents will keep fighting their libel battle with a former police chief because it will “empower them to help bring their daughter home”, according to a pal."

Empower them to help bring their daughter home?  What the effing hell is that supposed to mean - will they be proactively searching for their precious daughter or sitting on their fat backsides expecting everyone else to jump at their command.  Even if Madeleine is out there and findable, the chances of her being returned to chez Rothley hovers around zero.  She is a ward of court, the parents have no say in her future - she would!  What teenage girl would want to be returned to parents who left her alone with her younger brother and sister to be abducted by a stranger.

I agree Verdi, but what a "few more months " difference it will make is ominous! They will bring their daughter home? How and when? Such a clear and final statement, Do they know something we don't ( erm,erm) or does Tracey? 
liar

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Activity : 3472

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 19.02.17 23:44

MayMuse wrote:
Verdi wrote:aaagh   What a load of bloody cobblers - please excuse my language.  This woman is a liability - even Clarence Mitchell can't equal her crass stupidity.

I agree Verdi, but what a "few more months " difference it will make is ominous! They will bring their daughter home? How and when? Such a clear and final statement, Do they know something we don't ( erm,erm) or does Tracey? 
liar
Like Metodo3 promised to have Madeleine home by Christmas or David Edgar and his hellish lair or stolen by child traffickers and hidden in the Atlas mountains of North Africa or the many claims 'we know where she is'?

Honestly, this case really makes me angry at times.  I'm off in search of funny before I blow a gasket whacky .

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 20.02.17 1:45

@Verdi

Honestly, this case really makes me angry at times.  I'm off in search of funny before I blow a gasket whacky .
-------------------------------------------------

I'll tell you something that will make you laugh, Verdi,.............'Madeleine McCann was abducted!'   Boom! Boom!
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 20.02.17 1:51

@MayMuse

I agree Verdi, but what a "few more months " difference it will make is ominous! They will bring their daughter home? How and when? Such a clear and final statement, Do they know something we don't ( erm,erm) or does Tracey?
-----------------------------------------------------

The McCan'ts have 'known' EXACTLY 'where' Madeleine 'is', and have done, since 3rd May 2007...........'dead or ALIVE'!

For what it's worth, imo, they HAVE to get to the 10th 'anniversary', in 'a 'few more months', 'by hook or by crook'

It's their 'BIGGIE'!  ('payday' KER-CHING!)

I don't know what SY/OG's 'part' in all this is, but it seems very, VERY, 'odd' that SY/OG are 'preparing' and 'organising' pooled 'interviews' via the press association, and 'tv broadcasters' FOR 'a few months'....HENCE!

OG's new DCI, Mystic Meg, will be a very busy 'bizzy' in the next 'few months'!
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 20.02.17 2:39

----------------------------------------

Where are they going to 'bring her home' FROM?

The Portuguese Supreme Court building?

Their 'friends' in Holland, Stoboo, ('sic') 'somewhere' in UK, 'friends in Portugal'? (Missing People 'link')

GA: "From that couple, I already expect everything. Nonetheless, IF, indeed, in fact, they are looking for their daughter, it is not in the Portuguese civil courts that they will find her"  
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 20.02.17 3:03

"Our sister paper the Sunday People tracked Mr Amaral down to a cafe north of Lisbon, where he was pictured drinking beer and smoking in the sunshine."
---------------------------------------------

So, a bit like all the McCan't 'family' members who hot-footed it to MW 'Ocean Club' and 'sat around the OC swimming pool, drinking'.........'gratis' for 'weeks'!

(Until most of them 'bugg**ed off' to Turkey for a family 'holiday' just weeks after a family 'member' 'HAD BEEN abducted'!)

Perhaps the Sunday People 'people' would be better 'employed' by 'tracking down', 13 year old, Madeleine McCann!

Instead of 'stalking', Mr Amaral, around Portugal!
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmaryholmes 20.02.17 7:32

The headline should read 'Maccanns wish to reinforce in the minds of the gullible the connection between nasty Gonçalo Amaral's book and Madeleine not being found'. Once they have finally silenced him, Madeleine will appear out of the sunset on a rainbow coloured unicorn to rejoin her loving family on Lorraine Kelly's sofa.
Cmaryholmes

Activity : 915

Back to top Go down

Post by justagrannynow 20.02.17 8:29

Only the McCanns could make any connection between their legal activities and " bringing Madeleine home". They are beyond bizarre and IMO, would provide more interesting study material for those psychatrists/psychologists than trolls.  At least it is good to hear that Goncalo Amaral appears to be at peace with himself.
justagrannynow

Activity : 108

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi 20.02.17 8:31

Funny, the book has not been allowed to be printed for the last 8-9 years while this case has dragged on, and no sign of Maddie. So I don't think whether or not the book is in Waterstones makes an awful lot of difference actually.
nglfi

Activity : 866

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue-a-Tory 20.02.17 8:57

Doctors Kate & Gerry McCann together with their family's spokesman are also very concerned about what happened in Sweden over the weekend big grin
Rogue-a-Tory
Rogue-a-Tory

Activity : 1115

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmaryholmes 20.02.17 9:02

Rogue-a-Tory wrote:Doctors Kate & Gerry McCann together with their family's spokesman are also very concerned about what happened in Sweden over the weekend big grin
What happened in Sweden over the weekend? Have I missed something?
Cmaryholmes

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue-a-Tory 20.02.17 9:02

nglfi wrote:Funny, the book has not been allowed to be printed for the last 8-9 years while this case has dragged on, and no sign of Maddie. So I don't think whether or not the book is in Waterstones makes an awful lot of difference actually.
Whilst mummy's book Madeleine with the alternative facts about the child’s abduction had, errr  - precisely the identical impact
Rogue-a-Tory
Rogue-a-Tory

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue-a-Tory 20.02.17 9:07

Cmaryholmes wrote:
Rogue-a-Tory wrote:Doctors Kate & Gerry McCann together with their family's spokesman are also very concerned about what happened in Sweden over the weekend big grin
You've just missed Donald

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39023978
Rogue-a-Tory
Rogue-a-Tory

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmaryholmes 20.02.17 9:24

Aha!
Cmaryholmes

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 20.02.17 9:34

Oh I do hope we are not going to get these stories in the newspapers from now until the 10th anniversary.  BORING.

How on earth can they keep shouting "libel" when it has been clearly laid out by the Supreme Court judges exactly what the position is (at least until and if there complaint is successful)?

I really cannot believe that they are helping themselves by making a "formal complaint/sort of appeal" against the ruling, but we shall have to wait and see.

I really have to wonder what the bosses at the hospital must think of all of this?

What must the patients be thinking?  

When I see them on the tv practically on their hands and knees begging for Maddie to be released from captivity and sent back to her family then maybe I will stop think they are BORING beyond belief.  

I have come to the point when I just wish the papers would ignore them and their sources/friends.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by SuspiciousMinds 20.02.17 9:40

“It appears he has no idea of the hurt and anguish he continues to heap on Madeleine’s poor parents.”

By refusing to give in and winning a court case that they brought against him. The b*stard!!! How dare he have the cheek to defend himself? Who does he think he is, thwarting the will of St. Jerry? He should be bally well strung up and forced to feel fear and misery!!!

And as for that abductor, oh we'll forgive him. After all, he hasn't caused us any hurt and anguish - we're loaded now, thanks to him! Woo-hoo!
SuspiciousMinds

Activity : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 20.02.17 10:46

Rogue-a-Tory wrote:
Cmaryholmes wrote:
You've just missed Donald

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39023978
So Drs McCann and their Spokesman ( Did that e-mail ever happen? ) are concerned over "fake news"?

Not last night but look what's happening in Sweden

$50 million payout for wrongful death from Swedish firm Ikea, for falling furniture was made in Dec. 2016...http://www.millerlegalllp.com/blog/ikea-pays-50m-settle-child-wrongful-death-lawsuits/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddington2007 20.02.17 10:54

Kate and Gerry McCann do seem to have very serious "trust issues" and an arrogant almost contemptuous belief that they are smarter and better informed than those tasked with discovering the truth of what actually happened to Madeleine.

Whilst Scotland Yard (clearly extremely experienced and very well funded) have stated quite categorically that the "Tannerman sighting" has been ruled out and is entirely irrelevant, Mr and Mrs McCann continue to include this "sighting" in the "number 1" spot on their website. On the basis "it is not possible to be certain."

They ridicule the sniffer dogs.

They demonise Snr Amaral, a man who was caught up in this simply because he was doing his job as a Portuguese detective.

They have instructed their Portuguese solicitor Ms Duarte, to remain silent.

They have complained extensively about the media reporting of the case, sued and sought to silence any dissent or questioning of "the party line."

Now, they are complaining about the findings of three Supreme Court judges. Quite how they plan to "fight" the decision of the Supreme Court (presumably, the clue is in the name) remains to be seen.

It appears a strange contradiction for people who we are led to believe were sufficiently trusting to leave three babies alone for hours in an unlocked apartment in a foreign land. In my personal experience people are generally either trusting or mistrusting of fate and that attitude is set and pervades all their doings.

I can only imagine how many professional people they have angered and I still hope ultimately that the "truth will out" because it usually does.

I suspect it is no easy task for law enforcement, either at home or abroad, to get any sort of conviction without a body or a body of evidence "corpus delicti" but there must certainly be an awful lot of motivated people trying!

Paddington2007

Activity : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by JRP 20.02.17 11:13

Paddington2007 wrote:Kate and Gerry McCann do seem to have very serious "trust issues" and an arrogant almost contemptuous belief that they are smarter and better informed than those tasked with discovering the truth of what actually happened to Madeleine.

Whilst Scotland Yard (clearly extremely experienced and very well funded) have stated quite categorically that the "Tannerman sighting" has been ruled out and is entirely irrelevant, Mr and Mrs McCann continue to include this "sighting" in the "number 1" spot on their website.  On the basis "it is not possible to be certain."

They demonise Snr Amaral, a man who was caught up in this simply because he was doing his job as a Portuguese detective.

They have complained extensively about the media reporting of the case, sued and sought to silence any dissent or questioning of "the party line."

Now, they are complaining about the findings of three Supreme Court judges.  Quite how they plan to "fight" the decision of the Supreme Court (presumably, the clue is in the name) remains to be seen.

It appears a strange contradiction for people who we are led to believe were sufficiently trusting to leave three babies alone for hours in an unlocked apartment in a foreign land. In my personal experience people are generally either trusting or mistrusting of fate and that attitude is set and pervades all their doings.

I can only imagine how many professional people they have angered and I still hope ultimately that the "truth will out" because it usually does.

I suspect it is no easy task for law enforcement, either at home or abroad, to get any sort of conviction without a body or a body of evidence "corpus delicti" but there must certainly be an awful lot of motivated people trying!

I was surprised when reading the comments on the S*n website, which was brought onto this forum last Friday (17th Feb '17) that when someone mentioned Tannerman being ruled out by DCI Redwood in the Crimewatch drama, another poster, a pro-McCann called Pamala Gurney wrote.
Tannerman was not ruled out by Crecheman, Checheman was added as well as Tannerman.

A blatant lie, aimed at adding more confusion.

It must have been a very busy road that night with all these "not tourist types" carrying their kids around.
JRP

Activity : 1176

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 20.02.17 11:28

H
JRP wrote:
Paddington2007 wrote:Kate and Gerry McCann do seem to have very serious "trust issues" and an arrogant almost contemptuous belief that they are smarter and better informed than those tasked with discovering the truth of what actually happened to Madeleine.

Whilst Scotland Yard (clearly extremely experienced and very well funded) have stated quite categorically that the "Tannerman sighting" has been ruled out and is entirely irrelevant, Mr and Mrs McCann continue to include this "sighting" in the "number 1" spot on their website.  On the basis "it is not possible to be certain."

Now, they are complaining about the findings of three Supreme Court judges.  Quite how they plan to "fight" the decision of the Supreme Court (presumably, the clue is in the name) remains to be seen.

I was surprised when reading the comments on the S*n website, which was brought onto this forum last Friday (17th Feb '17) that when someone mentioned Tannerman being ruled out by DCI Redwood in the Crimewatch drama, another poster, a pro-McCann called Pamala Gurney wrote.
Tannerman was not ruled out by Crecheman, Checheman was added as well as Tannerman.

It must have been a very busy road that night with all these "not tourist types" carrying their kids around.
Oh come on credit where credit is due, PG is partly correct as ex DCI Redwood did "add" this father apparently carrying his child from the crèche , the wrong way, complete with photos and ancient long sleeved pyjamas! 
This father who apparently remembered years later "it could be him"? 

An extra-ordinary exchange for the elusive "eggman" 
big grin

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by JRP 20.02.17 11:37

MayMuse wrote:H
JRP wrote:

Oh come on credit where credit is due, PG is partly correct as ex DCI Redwood did "add" this father apparently carrying his child from the crèche , the wrong way, complete with photos and ancient long sleeved pyjamas! 
This father who apparently remembered years later "it could be him"? 

An extra-ordinary exchange for the elusive "eggman" 
big grin

When is a lie not a lie? When it's partly correct!
Yes it's all in the interpretation. The incredible morphing man.
JRP

Activity : 1176

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 20.02.17 13:44

SuspiciousMinds wrote:“It appears he has no idea of the hurt and anguish he continues to heap on Madeleine’s poor parents.”

By refusing to give in and winning a court case that they brought against him. The b*stard!!! How dare he have the cheek to defend himself? Who does he think he is, thwarting the will of St. Jerry? He should be bally well strung up and forced to feel fear and misery!!!

And as for that abductor, oh we'll forgive him. After all, he hasn't caused us any hurt and anguish - we're loaded now, thanks to him! Woo-hoo!
Good post.  Yeah they can forgive the "abductor" but Rocky and his family have had to suffer for the past nine years.  

Sick of hearing about their anger, hurt, frustration but forgiveness for the "abductor".  PAAAHHHHH, PAAAAAHHHH, PFFFFT.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.02.17 14:11

... I think this stunt is just another example of hubris - as Paddington puts it "an arrogant,  contemptuous belief that they are smarter than other people." The good news is it is a fatal flaw and will be their undoing,  like modern day Macbeths they think they can 'screw their courage to a sticking place' and not fail by being resolute but the cracks are showing and although this plan worked initially,  it's doomed to fail. Sorry I haven't worked out how to quote properly yet.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top