The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Leicester Mercury - this is going to hurt! Mm11

Leicester Mercury - this is going to hurt! Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Leicester Mercury - this is going to hurt! Mm11

Leicester Mercury - this is going to hurt! Regist10

Leicester Mercury - this is going to hurt!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Leicester Mercury - this is going to hurt! Empty Leicester Mercury - this is going to hurt!

Post by Jill Havern 09.02.17 17:35

This is going to hurt !

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/portuguese-prosecutors-never-concluded-mccanns-were-innocent/story-30124763-detail/story.html
Leicester Mercury - this is going to hurt! 15848550Portuguese prosecutors
www.leicestermercury.co.uk
Newly released legal papers show that Portugal's supreme court does not consider Kate and Gerry McCann in the clear over their missing daughter. As the 10th anniversary of Madeline's disappearance...
But look at the last few paragraphs, which say a lot MORE than the other papers.

"
The court concluded that the archiving of the case should not be seen as proof the McCanns are not guilty, stating: "It doesn't therefore seem acceptable that the ruling, based on the insufficiency of evidence, should be equated to proof of innocence."
The document means suspicion still hangs over the heads of the McCanns, who have always claimed their innocence.
The long legal battle began with a victory for the McCanns, after Mr Amaral, 57, was ordered to pay the couple £360,000 in damages in 2015 for claims he made in The Truth Of The Lie.
He said the McCanns faked Madeline's abduction after she "died" in their holiday apartment.
Mr Amaral fought the ruling and successfully had it overturned in April last year, meaning he did not have to pay the couple anything.
The McCanns then lodged a supreme court appeal, which has now failed.
That means the couple, who are both 48, face having to pay Mr Amaral's legal bills.

Read more at http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/portuguese-prosecutors-never-concluded-mccanns-were-innocent/story-30124763-detail/story.html#7MYoIcEM0YL8TcWi.99

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41828

Back to top Go down

Leicester Mercury - this is going to hurt! Empty Re: Leicester Mercury - this is going to hurt!

Post by sandancer 09.02.17 17:47

Getting a bit too close too home now isn't it Kate and Gerry ?    laughat

Activity : 2375

Back to top Go down

Leicester Mercury - this is going to hurt! Empty Re: Leicester Mercury - this is going to hurt!

Post by Jill Havern 09.02.17 17:50

sandancer wrote:Getting a bit too close too home now isn't it Kate and Gerry ?    laughat
Yes, it certainly is. No doubt a few copies will find their way onto coffee tables at LRI and Glenfield too.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 09.02.17 17:56

No need for Stephen Birch to inform the school now that a Leicester Mercury reporter has done it for him.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by sandancer 09.02.17 18:08

That is the one thing that worries me in all of this . The impact on the twins .

They can be protected to a certain degree from the internet , but when their parents are once again all over the papers this time in a negative way what will that do to them ? 

Time Kate and Gerry to stop putting yourselves first and think about your children  please !

Activity : 2375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09.02.17 18:20

This is Leicester Fire Brigade.

Leicester Mercury - this is going to hurt! _85584802_central

Their number is 999.

Someone might need some metaphoric fires dampening.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by puzzled 09.02.17 18:36

sandancer wrote:That is the one thing that worries me in all of this . The impact on the twins .

They can be protected to a certain degree from the internet , but when their parents are once again all over the papers this time in a negative way what will that do to them ? 

Time Kate and Gerry to stop putting yourselves first and think about your children  please !

This concerns me too. What effect must all this be having on those twins, who cannot be totally protected from the media? No doubt their school friends read the papers and look at the internet. What's the talk in the playground, I wonder? I only hope there is someone, maybe a concerned teacher, looking out for them.

Activity : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by Reggiregg 09.02.17 18:38

The Daily Mail online is printing some very pointed comments. There seems to be a change of approach to the Mccanns.
Reggiregg
Reggiregg

Activity : 78

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 09.02.17 19:33

puzzled wrote:
sandancer wrote:That is the one thing that worries me in all of this . The impact on the twins .

This concerns me too. What effect must all this be having on those twins, who cannot be totally protected from the media? No doubt their school friends read the papers and look at the internet. What's the talk in the playground, I wonder? I only hope there is someone, maybe a concerned teacher, looking out for them.

I'm sure the teachers at their school will be looking out for them. But I don't think the twins will be attending school through all of this, I think they will stay with relatives somewhere, or the McCanns will take them somewhere abroad.

suzyjohnson

Activity : 1542

Back to top Go down

Post by tiredofthebs 09.02.17 20:08

suzyjohnson wrote:
puzzled wrote:

I'm sure the teachers at their school will be looking out for them. But I don't think the twins will be attending school through all of this, I think they will stay with relatives somewhere, or the McCanns will take them somewhere abroad.

I bet it won't be Portugal! :emo3:

Activity : 215

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 11.02.17 17:38

Leicester Mercury - this is going to hurt! Mercur10

This is the newspaper article from the Leicester Mercury (not that you can read it!)

How come anything favourable to the McCanns is on the front page but anything not quite so good is buried within?

Don't bother to answer that. thump

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 11.02.17 17:50

Get'emGonçalo wrote:Leicester Mercury - this is going to hurt! Mercur10

This is the newspaper article from the Leicester Mercury (not that you can read it!)

How come anything favourable to the McCanns is on the front page but anything not quite so good is buried within?

Perhaps Leicester Mercury are playing it safe, they won't want to be sued!

Ohhh is that a new "posed" photo, Or an oldie reused? Don't recall seeing that one before!

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Activity : 3472

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 11.02.17 18:02

I wonder what Professor McCann's employers think of the Court Ruling?

Or the GMC?

When I wrote to them back in 2007 when they were made arguidos all I got in response was blah, blah, blah he's got a right to employment blah, blah, blah.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Leicester Mercury - this is going to hurt! Empty Hands down

Post by Portia 11.02.17 18:06

MayMuse wrote:

Ohhh is that a new "posed" photo, Or an oldie reused? Don't recall seeing that one before!

Am I the only one wondering where she keeps putting her hands?
Portia
Portia

Activity : 140

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 11.02.17 18:16

Get'emGonçalo wrote:I wonder what Professor McCann's employers think of the Court Ruling?

Or the GMC?

When I wrote to them back in 2007 when they were made arguidos all I got in response was blah, blah, blah he's got a right to employment blah, blah, blah.
Sick of hearing about their rights, it's all me, me ,me! What about Madeleine's in all of this, particularly that she is a ward of court? How does that fit in other than them using it to try and get police investigation materials?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 11.02.17 18:28

It also came to light that Gerry McCann was using the Glenfield Hospital address for the Find Madeleine Fund and I wrote to them about that too but, once again, all I got in response was that they supported it.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_p305OiLZRCU/SedTYaClFHI/AAAAAAAAEmo/nuqmL2L7XbU/s1600-h/MadeleineblREX0L0098-105204_9-03710.jpg

Leicester Mercury - this is going to hurt! Uhl
Leicester Mercury - this is going to hurt! Uhl+hospital+noticeboard
And they also linked to the fraudulent fund on the Hospital website even though they were arguidos.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 11.02.17 18:37

Get'emGonçalo wrote:It also came to light that Gerry McCann was using the Glenfield Hospital address for the Find Madeleine Fund and I wrote to them about that too but, once again, all I got in response was that they supported it.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_p305OiLZRCU/SedTYaClFHI/AAAAAAAAEmo/nuqmL2L7XbU/s1600-h/MadeleineblREX0L0098-105204_9-03710.jpg
Now why would they support this fraudulent use, that is NOT his residential address, same as his driving license still showing his old address when he booked the hire car? 

Everywhere you turn in this case the MCCanns are supported in one way or another, even some of the Tapas who hardly knew them, lied and mislead the police..... So what links that all together? Something that they were frightened would be revealed or simply because of the "doctors in it together" ( to coin a phrase)

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 11.02.17 19:25

Portia wrote:
MayMuse wrote:

Am I the only one wondering where she keeps putting her hands?
Nope, noticed that right away!

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 11.02.17 21:09

Did any of those hospital employees (publicly funded employees) check with their boss (the health secretary) before they gave permission for Mr. to use the hospital address to conduct the fund business?
It is not a public fund so why should a public building address be used?

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Praiaaa 13.02.17 16:01

Get'emGonçalo wrote:This is going to hurt !
The document means suspicion still hangs over the heads of the McCanns, who have always claimed their innocence.

That means the couple, who are both 48, face having to pay Mr Amaral's legal bills.

Perhaps they will feel fear on both counts. 
The biter bit.
Praiaaa

Activity : 497

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxyroo 13.02.17 21:54

Get'emGonçalo wrote:I wonder what Professor McCann's employers think of the Court Ruling?

Or the GMC?

offtopic

I know this is off topic but i just want to say a huge thank you for all your efforts re. letter writing etc. I feel bad that i cant do more myself but as I,ve been having this fight with nhs about my daughters wheelchair for years now, which i,ve had to compose long letters to my MP/Disability ministers etc etc. and looking after a four year old too, i just cant find the time, which sounds awful. I write to my dad every week as he doesnt even own a mobile, and i even struggle to remember which days my bins go out. I know its all a poor excuse, when this mystery is still about a missing (dead imo) girl, but thank you for all you all do!
X

Activity : 727

Back to top Go down

Post by one day we will find you 13.02.17 22:44

Or the GMC?

i think the poor taxpayer allways gets shafted we fund the nhs but can do nothing when bosses let the mccanns use them for their own needs.i wonder if you and i would get the same treatment.i very much doubt it.
one day we will find you
one day we will find you

Activity : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 13.02.17 23:11

Or the GMC?

Do you refer to Dr Douglas Skehan, Clinical Director of Cardiology at Glenfield Hospital.  Dr Gerald McCann's boss and golfing buddy.

Dr Douglas Skehan who served as director for the Find Madeleine Fund Co. Ltd. from it's establishment in May 2007 until he resigned in August 2010?

Oh yes... that boss!

ETA:  Question for the day - is the GMC the General Medical Council or is the GMC the Gerald McCann smilie ?

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 14.02.17 8:02

Roxyroo wrote:

Or the GMC?

offtopic

I know this is off topic but i just want to say a huge thank you for all your efforts re. letter writing etc. I feel bad that i cant do more myself but as I,ve been having this fight with nhs about my daughters wheelchair for years now, which i,ve had to compose long letters to my MP/Disability ministers etc etc. and looking after a four year old too, i just cant find the time, which sounds awful. I write to my dad every week as he doesnt even own a mobile, and i even struggle to remember which days my bins go out. I know its all a poor excuse, when this mystery is still about a missing (dead imo) girl, but thank you for all you all do!
X

Thank you Roxyroo.

I know exactly what it's like fighting the NHS. I had to fight the NHS for 18 months for a life-saving operation for my husband after he was deliberately misdiagnosed as having an inoperable dissecting thoracic aneurysm, and given two years to live, by Sir Professor Peter Bell, who worked in the same cardiology department as Gerry McCann and Doug Skehan. I recorded it all in an Online Diary. In fact, it was that distressing fight that got me interested in the Maddie case, and look where that's got me!

I didn't give up then, and nearly 10 years later I still haven't given up on Maddie.

And I know exactly what the NHS Complaints procedure is like too - in fact, they don't have one. You can complain for years and take it right to the very top only to be sent right back to the beginning again. It's like pass the parcel - much the same as when I try writing to the Prime Minister, the Home Office, Operation Grange - all bog standard, dismissive, replies that I've come to expect.

You are forced to do your own research into a subject you know nothing about. I had to take on doctors, consultants, and a Knighted Professor to tell them they were wrong. And I proved them all wrong because my husband finally got a life-saving operation and he survived.

Complaints procedures only seem to exist providing you don't actually complain. Much like the No Quibble Guarantee - they'll guarantee something providing you don't quibble.

I wish you well with your own fight to get your daughter her much-needed wheelchair.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 14.02.17 10:41

You are an inspiration, Get'em.
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top