The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Daily Star - Paulo Cristovao  - Page 2 Mm11

Daily Star - Paulo Cristovao  - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Daily Star - Paulo Cristovao  - Page 2 Mm11

Daily Star - Paulo Cristovao  - Page 2 Regist10

Daily Star - Paulo Cristovao

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Daily Star - Paulo Cristovao  - Page 2 Empty Re: Daily Star - Paulo Cristovao

Post by Gaggzy 13.03.15 11:22

Daily Star - Paulo Cristovao  - Page 2 PAULO_CRISTOVA_O_1

I can imagine many pro-McCanners looking at this photo and screaming : 'Look, it's fat-faced Smith man. He must be the abductor. Whoopie ... we've found him!'
Gaggzy
Gaggzy

Activity : 514

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 13.03.15 12:07

@Gaggzy.

I don't think people fully understand/appreciate what Tony Bennett is getting at when he speaks of the e-fits, their authenticity and the reasons for publishing them in a Crime Watch extravaganza.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

Daily Star - Paulo Cristovao  - Page 2 Empty Misrepresentation or what? Picture of GA right at the top of the ‘story’.

Post by Doug D 02.06.16 11:19

Complete and utter misrepresentation or what?

Picture of GA right at the top of the ‘story’, with 'the cop's best selling book' immediately underneath the photo.

The 'disgraced' Daily Star need to be taken to task for this one:

Maddie cop on trial over violent robberies in Portugal

By Gerard Couzens / Published 2nd June 2016

A FORMER Portuguese cop who angered Madeleine McCann's parents with a controversial book, has gone on trial over a string of violent robberies allegedly perpetrated by criminals posing as police officers.

Daily Star - Paulo Cristovao  - Page 2 UK-520155 

REVEALED: A judge recently overturned libel damages ruling over the cop's best-selling book

Paulo Pereira Cristovao, a pal of disgraced ex PJ detective Goncalo Amaral, was accused by a co-defendant of helping to mastermind two of the home raids on the opening day of the trial on Wednesday.

Nuno Vieira Mendes said he and Pereira Cristovao waited outside both properties while alleged accomplices with false search warrants went in posing as police officers and stole thousands of pounds.

He also told a court in Lisbon trying 18 people including the ex police officer that he tried to get him involved in a third operation on the Algarve he described as a "debt collection".

Pereira Cristovao, who left the PJ after a torture trial Amaral was also implicated in, was arrested two years ago and accused of marking out wealthy victims for accomplices who tricked their way into homes in police uniform.

The 18 suspects, on trial for a string of crimes including membership of a criminal gang, robbery, kidnap, possession of a prohibited weapon and abuse of power, include three police officers and a drugs trafficker.

Pereira Cristovao, 48, has been a constant critic of Kate and Gerry McCann and called for them to be arrested for leaving their children alone in their Algarve holiday apartment after Madeleine vanished in May 3 2007.

He claimed in a 2008 book called The Star of Madeleine that the toddler was dead and her body had been dumped at sea.

He mysteriously claimed two of the McCanns' holiday pals - the so-called Tapas Seven - were "fundamental" to discovering the truth about Madeleine.

The couple's spokesman Clarence Mitchell called his comments "hurtful and distressing" and accused him of trying to profit from the McCanns' misfortune.

Pal Goncalo Amaral, who recently overturned a libel damages ruling over his best-selling book The Truth of The Lie which the McCanns are appealing, was found guilty of falsifying evidence in the same case.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/520155/Madeleine-McCann-cop-trial-violent-robberies-Portugal-controversial-book
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 02.06.16 11:30

GERARD COUZENS and ELLIE FLYNN have teamed up in the Sun with the same story and gone back to the ‘disgraced cop’ prefix, but at least  they have put a picture of  Paulo Pereira Cristovao at the top.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/7188989/Ex-Madeleine-McCann-cop-who-wrote-controversial-book-claiming-toddlers-body-was-dumped-at-sea-goes-on-trial-over-violent-robberies.html?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-FBPAGE-_-TheSun-thesun-_-20160602-_-News-_-481506903-_-Imageandlink
Doug D

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 02.06.16 12:14

Well, well, well, that didn’t last very long did it ‘disgraced’ Mr Couzens?

Heading now changed to this:

Maddie cop on trial over violent robberies in Portugal

A FORMER Portuguese cop working on the Madeleine McCann case has gone on trial over a string of violent robberies allegedly perpetrated by criminals posing as police officers.

By Gerard Couzens / Published 2nd June 2016

Daily Star - Paulo Cristovao  - Page 2 UK-520155 
REVEALED:The torment goes on for the McCann parents after Maddie's disappearance

Paulo Pereira Cristovao, a pal of disgraced ex PJ detective Goncalo Amaral, was accused by a co-defendant of helping to mastermind two of the home raids on the opening day of the trial on Wednesday.
………………………………………………….

How about an apology to GA for the blatant insinuation though (and not tucked away at the bottom of page 27 either)? You have clearly admitted you were in the wrong by changing the heading so quickly.
Doug D

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 02.06.16 13:33

These 'so called' journos know their 'articles' are ss and 'saved' by thousands of people, don't they? Should their 'articles' be required at a future 'date'.

Course they do!

The can't be that 'stoopid', not to!

Can they?

jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 02.06.16 13:37

REVEALED:"The torment goes on for the McCann parents after Maddie's disappearance."
----------------------------

Surely?

"The torment goes on for the McCann parents after Maddie's ABDUCTION"
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 02.06.16 13:47

I think the disgrace is that headline with a photo of Rocky A at the top.   I really believed when I saw that headline and pic. that it was Rocky who was going to be on trial.   An absolute disgrace imo. 

You know what, if I had a missing daughter and the suffering/agony whatever term they use was never ending,  I would hightail it  back to Portugal, answer any questions asked of me and implore my fellow holiday friends to return and do a reconstruction.  I suppose we are all different though, but I really do not understand why nobody would do that.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 02.06.16 14:09

This is nothing 'new' for the 'rags' to do, imo.

In an 'article' once, about paedophile Cyril Smith, the 'rag' printed a 'picture' of McCan't 'nemisis'....Mr T Bennett!

jta: These are the 'hard nosed, university of life, educated' journo's that the McCan'ts 'CAN'T and HAVE NOT, FOOLED!
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 02.06.16 14:12

Is Tony able to sue or has the time limit run out?
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 02.06.16 14:17

plebgate wrote:Is Tony able to sue or has the time limit run out?

I'm not sure.

Mr Bennett will be able to say more, if he wishes.
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 02.06.16 15:51

I want to know what they mean when they say that Goncalo Amaral 'falsified evidence'??

So Clarence still comments, but doesn't mention his role on his cv for his new job?

What a lot of coincidences aren't there, campers? :please:
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Daily Star - Paulo Cristovao  - Page 2 Empty Daily Star - Paulo Cristovao

Post by nglfi 05.06.16 8:57

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/520155/Madeleine-McCann-cop-trial-violent-robberies-Portugal-controversial-book

I know it's the Daily Star but interesting that this is being re hashed now
nglfi

Activity : 866

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 05.06.16 9:02

Mitchell and the child neglecting parents' filthy hands are all over that one (imo)!

The heading infers it's Goncalo Amaral, but then when you read on you find it has nothing to do with him.

pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi 05.06.16 9:07

Yes it also suggests Amaral was found guilty at the same trial, mixing up that with the Cipriano case. Is this robbery trial of Cristovao's discussed anywhere else on the forum? Just want to remind myself of the details
nglfi

Back to top Go down

Post by BarryTheHatchet 05.06.16 9:09

I see we're back to "disgraced detective" again.  shutup

Activity : 443

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 05.06.16 9:20

If ever there was proof of why we should never rely on anything in the UK press, this is it.  Bare faced lies right there in the headline!

The McCanns will stop at nothing to destroy Dr Amaral, and shift the focus away from themselves and their crime/s, but we and many others will insure the spotlight stays exactly where it belongs.........

directly over the heads of the DISGRACED PARENTS! Daily Star - Paulo Cristovao  - Page 2 E5059097
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 05.06.16 9:59

This is the story from a few days ago.

Even worse, the original article had a picture of GA immediately beneath the headline, together with 'the cop's best selling book' titling up the photo.

At least this was rapidly changed by the Star.

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t12895-misrepresentation-or-what-picture-of-ga-right-at-the-top-of-the-story

MOD NOTE:
Topics merged as they are discussing the same story.
Doug D

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 05.06.16 10:22

Doug D wrote:This is the story from a few days ago.

Even worse, the original article had a picture of GA immediately beneath the headline, together with 'the cop's best selling book' titling up the photo.

At least this was rapidly changed by the Star.

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t12895-misrepresentation-or-what-picture-of-ga-right-at-the-top-of-the-story

Jeez! Daily Star - Paulo Cristovao  - Page 2 E5058785
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi 05.06.16 10:31

Is it true that Paulo Cristovao left the PJ before Madeleine's disappearance? I have to say if there is any truth to these organised robbery and protection racket claims it puts the PJ in a new light. I'd never before questioned their professionalism. I'm hoping this is complete nonsense from the Star.
nglfi

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 05.06.16 11:26

I have no idea if it's true, nglfi.  It seems to me though that whatever police force you scrutinize around the world, there's always some cops on the scam.
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi 05.06.16 11:45

True. It just lead me to wonder if Scotland Yard's insistence on a burglar or break in may have been a veiled dig at this. Sort of throwing the ball back in the PJ'S court to suggest some impropriety there. Not that the ball was ever really in their court anyway.
And surely if there was a connection the McCanns would have pounced on it, and they haven't. I wonder why they've steered clear of it, aside from Mitchell reposting these old stories.
nglfi

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 05.06.16 11:53

I doubt the McCanns have steered clear of it!   And you can be sure there's plenty more where that came from, all sitting ready and waiting to be drip fed to the gullibles.
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Daily Star - Paulo Cristovao  - Page 2 Empty Daily star?

Post by willowthewisp 05.06.16 11:54

pennylane wrote:I have no idea if it's true, nglfi.  It seems to me though that whatever police force you scrutinize around the world, there's always some cops on the scam.
Hi Pennylane, hope you are (Not) insinuating SY's finest know a "Scam when they see one"?
DCS Hamish Campbell and DCi Andy Redwood have made contact with Carter **ck on potential libel material being posted in regard to their Revelation moment,after the "Creche Dad" had revealed his identity to Leicestershire Police Six years earlier?
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Activity : 4912

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 05.06.16 11:59

willowthewisp wrote:
pennylane wrote:I have no idea if it's true, nglfi.  It seems to me though that whatever police force you scrutinize around the world, there's always some cops on the scam.
Hi Pennylane, hope you are (Not) insinuating SY's finest know a "Scam when they see one"?
DCS Hamish Campbell and DCi Andy Redwood have made contact with Carter **ck on potential libel material being posted in regard to their Revelation moment,after the "Creche Dad" had revealed his identity to Leicestershire Police Six years earlier?

I'm insinuating no such thing, Willow. liar
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top