The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Seemingly I'm a Time Waster. - Page 2 Mm11

Seemingly I'm a Time Waster. - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Seemingly I'm a Time Waster. - Page 2 Mm11

Seemingly I'm a Time Waster. - Page 2 Regist10

Seemingly I'm a Time Waster.

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Seemingly I'm a Time Waster. - Page 2 Empty Re: Seemingly I'm a Time Waster.

Post by Pussycat 07.12.09 15:10

Posted on MM, on the 'Seemingly I'm a Time Waster' thread;

Antoinette Today at 2:07 pm

Do you know what. It's people like you Dogwood that I have the height if respect for. You have had your crosses to bear and yet you stand tall and go an do everything you possibly can to give your children the best life they possibly can. I'm sure your wife is looking down on you smiling, knowing that she had the best husband and father she could have wished for. I wish you all the best for the future for you and your children and hope you have a wonderful Christmas and the best New Year anyone could hope for.

So 'Dogwood' Golden Poster on MM, is also 'Fencer'. Thanks for that Antoinette
Pussycat
Pussycat

Activity : 133

Back to top Go down

Post by Janz 07.12.09 15:15

I think `Dogwood` just carried the post over from here. I could be wrong of course, maybe Fencer will explain.
Janz
Janz

Activity : 94

Back to top Go down

Post by Pussycat 07.12.09 15:46

Janz wrote:I think `Dogwood` just carried the post over from here. I could be wrong of course, maybe Fencer will explain.

That's how I read it at first but if you read the post by Antoinette, it reads very much like Dogwood is Fencer and Antoinette, being a mod would know this - and likely know of Dogwood/Fencer's circumstances

Dunno
Pussycat
Pussycat

Back to top Go down

Post by Fencer 07.12.09 16:09

Good afternoon to all the posters and readers of this thread.
First let me clarify that I am not, as has been suggested, Dogwood from Missing Madeleine Forum, neither am I a member of that forum.
Seemingly the post was carried over by Dogwood along with another post from China Girl from this site, according to a member here who alerted me to same.

Thank you one and all for your kind words and contributions, as I said I am not looking for sympathy or pity, but your words have meant a lot to me.

To some who suggested that the quote from Tony Bennett means little in the greater scheme of things, I take your point.
But let me defend that by stating that I specifically asked not for sympathy or pity, I am big and ugly enough to stand on my own 2 feet and as I said, Tony Bennetts words hold little relevance or meaning in the spectrum of my life.

Peace Love Out.
Fencer

Activity : 106

Back to top Go down

Post by Pussycat 07.12.09 16:17

Thanks for that Fencer. It's just made one of the mods on MM look like a prick anyway

Take care
Pussycat
Pussycat

Back to top Go down

Seemingly I'm a Time Waster. - Page 2 Empty Put yourself in Tony Bennett's shoes, Fencer

Post by Jolie 07.12.09 16:17

For more than a month, he's had to endure attack, after attack, after attack, from people online, defaming him, insulting him, and belittling him. I think the ratio of pro and anti here is at least 2/3 pro to 1/3 anti. Is it any wonder that he may be impatient or irritated easily? While your posts have been restrained and careful, many other posters choose to have a go at him without any interest in debating honestly and will use tactics to avoid answering questions.

If your life story is truthful, then you certainly have a lot on your plate, and are not a time waster. However, for you to say that the 'insult' had no effect on you is not being totally honest, in my opinion. After all, you devoted an entire thread to Tony's remark to bring attention to it to other posters here and then give out personal details of your life to 'prove' him wrong.
Jolie
Jolie

Activity : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.12.09 16:41

Cause and effect, if one tells lies one must expect to be called out on them, Mr Bennett is no victim, he is a known perpetrator of libel (his victims are those who deserve our sympathy), no-one forced him to do that, it's all on him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolie 07.12.09 16:44

clarity wrote:Cause and effect, if one tells lies one must expect to be called out on them, Mr Bennett is no victim, he is a known perpetrator of libel (his victims are those who deserve our sympathy), no-one forced him to do that, it's all on him.

Geez, Clarity, I am so tired of the repetition. We get it: you don't like Tony Bennett. You think he is not being honest. You think that he is unfair to the McCanns. You think everyone should think like you.

Did I forget anything?
Jolie
Jolie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.12.09 16:45

it has nothing to do with me Jolie, the facts are there, the fact that Mr Bennett has lied is not open to debate, it is fact.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Patty O'Daws 07.12.09 16:54

Jolie wrote:For more than a month, he's had to endure attack, after attack, after attack, from people online, defaming him, insulting him, and belittling him. I think the ratio of pro and anti here is at least 2/3 pro to 1/3 anti. Is it any wonder that he may be impatient or irritated easily? While your posts have been restrained and careful, many other posters choose to have a go at him without any interest in debating honestly and will use tactics to avoid answering questions.

If your life story is truthful, then you certainly have a lot on your plate, and are not a time waster. However, for you to say that the 'insult' had no effect on you is not being totally honest, in my opinion. After all, you devoted an entire thread to Tony's remark to bring attention to it to other posters here and then give out personal details of your life to 'prove' him wrong.

I also got the impression that Fencer was being sarcastic with Tony by likening discussions in his new forum as a police investigation. Hence the time waster comment. There's only so much a person can take before giving a short, sharp answer.
Patty O'Daws
Patty O'Daws

Activity : 107

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.12.09 17:10

Patty O'Daws wrote:
Jolie wrote:For more than a month, he's had to endure attack, after attack, after attack, from people online, defaming him, insulting him, and belittling him. I think the ratio of pro and anti here is at least 2/3 pro to 1/3 anti. Is it any wonder that he may be impatient or irritated easily? While your posts have been restrained and careful, many other posters choose to have a go at him without any interest in debating honestly and will use tactics to avoid answering questions.

I also got the impression that Fencer was being sarcastic with Tony by likening discussions in his new forum as a police investigation. Hence the time waster comment. There's only so much a person can take before giving a short, sharp answer.

It might have been better if Mr. Bennett hadn't answered at all. He often doesn't.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.12.09 17:10

Patty O'Daws wrote:

Read back in that thread, for context when you asked I also posted the answer from Mr Bennett that caused the response from Fencer, it was Mr Bennett who likened a closed forum to debate one side of a debate to a police investigation and as you correctly surmised, prompted so much disbelief from people including Fencer, which then in turn led to Mr Bennett calling hinm a timewaster.

Mr Bennett wrote:
When a police investigation team investigates a crime, they have in effect a secret forum, i.e. a closed e-mail list, so they can discuss the progress of their investigation in secret.

They don't allow 'neutrals' in to that closed forum in order to debate the finer points of the case.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine 07.12.09 17:14

Nobody is forced to post and that includes TB-perhaps he should step away from the computer and avoid anti-Bennett postings.
sunshine

Activity : 40

Back to top Go down

Seemingly I'm a Time Waster. - Page 2 Empty Do you really think that anti-Bennett postings would stop just because Tony stopped posting?

Post by Jolie 07.12.09 17:21

sunshine wrote:

Nobody is forced to post and that includes TB-perhaps he should step away from the computer and avoid anti-Bennett postings.

No, there is a determined effort now to bring him down and shut him up. This is a right-to-reply forum, not a you-must-reply-to-everything-in-a-manner-everyone-will-find-acceptable forum. Tony Bennett is as welcome to post here, as he sees fit, as anyone else Jill Havern is willing to host on this forum.
Jolie
Jolie

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine 07.12.09 17:26

Then he should take his lumps like everybody else.
sunshine

Back to top Go down

Seemingly I'm a Time Waster. - Page 2 Empty Like everyone else?

Post by Jolie 07.12.09 17:30

sunshine wrote:Then he should take his lumps like everybody else.

How many people have that number of posters coming down on them with negative remarks?

Tony Bennett isn't complaining and he's still here posting. Fencer took objection to Tony's response. My initial post was to explain why the comment Fencer objected to might have been made. Patty added more perspective.
Jolie
Jolie

Back to top Go down

Post by Limoncello 07.12.09 17:32

Well, I'm totally confused.

Why would 'Dogrose' plagiarise your piece without accrediting the author and the forum link which is the normal practice at most venues? And why would a Mod over on MM think that 'Dogrose is 'fencer'??

Questions, questions, questions.
Limoncello
Limoncello

Activity : 46

http://www.light and air

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.12.09 17:36

Limoncello wrote:Well, I'm totally confused.

Why would 'Dogrose' plagiarise your piece without accrediting the author and the forum link which is the normal practice at most venues? And why would a Mod over on MM think that 'Dogrose is 'fencer'??

Questions, questions, questions.

Dogrose clearly noted that the piece was written by Fencer. Fencer said it could be copied anywhere and it was, only on MM did a mod fail to understand who wrote it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Limoncello 07.12.09 17:50

Dogrose does not state that he copied it over from another forum. Clearly, Dogrose is leading people to believe that he is actually Fencer as it has fener's signature at the end and it not counter signed with Dogrose's sig as the person copying it over.
Limoncello
Limoncello

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.12.09 17:56

No it says at the top that it is fencers post and the time it was posted and it is signed fencer at the bottom, why would anyone post something under two names, it's simply that the modd on MM is a bit dim or else just missed who it was by, I don't see the big deal, it has been copied to three forums I know of.

Fencer Today at 12:54 am [this was in large font]

Earlier today Tony Bennett responded to a post I made with the words Time Waster.
I had requested an opportunity to debate the finer points of the case being discussed throughout the thread, but could not at that particular time as I had to make dinner.

If you care to read the following I will try to convey my day and why I do not class the time I spend as wasted.

I am a 44 year old man who was widowed 4 and a half years ago, my wife and I have 3 children the youngest being 7 years old.
My wife was killed in her line of work, work she was proud to carry out as a soldier in Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II armed forces, she died serving her country in a foreign land.

My day started this morning at 7-30 a.m. and it is now almost midnight. My day started with preparing breakfast for our children, after which we got changed and strolled to church.
On the way home we gathered sticks and twigs for our fire and then our children had some playtime, whilst I prepared dinner.
After dinner our children washed and bathed and then I prepared uniforms and schoolbags for school tomorrow morning.
We had tea and watched some T.V. together before bedtime.
I will rise from bed in the morning at 6-15 a.m. and prepare breakfast once again, get the children ready for school and then drive them to my sister who will leave them to school as I go off to work for the day.
This is my life now, I don’t class it as a waste of time.

Tony you live a charmed life, a life of little fear, a life of free speech, a life with a free media, a life not ruled or governed by a dictatorship.
You enjoy the benefits of living in a democratic country free from religious persecution, a country where every man woman and child is equal in the eyes of the law, a country where you can commute from one end of it to the other without hindrance or question.

Have you ever asked yourself why you have this great freedom ? I’ll tell you why, it’s because men and women had the courage of their convictions to stand up and be counted against those who wish to suppress our democracy and liberty.

These same men and women fight and die so people like you, I and everyone reading this post have that freedom.

You state that your father was a military man who fought during WWII, he was obviously a man who stood shoulder to shoulder as my wife did to fight for what they believe is right, for what they believe is just.

You claim that your words are shackled by Carter Ruck, that you have been denied your right to debate, Tony stand up for what you believe is right, for the injustices perpetrated against Madeleine McCann you claim you have proof of.
But you won’t will you because you are scared, scared to lose the roof over your head, the money in your bank, your standing in the community, your pride.

I say to you Tony that you have no back bone, no moral fortitude, you use mealy mouthed excuses as your reason to suppress the courage of your convictions.
If you are so sure footed you have no fear.
You claim to be a Christian man, do you have faith in the God you worship ? Do you follow in the footsteps of Jesus Christ ? A man who had the courage of his convictions, who spoke out without fear of persecution, to illuminate the path of light freedom and the truth.

Your words unfortunately ring hollow, you are a charlatan who asks for donations for a fighting fund, you are a man who claimed to fear not Carter Ruck yet when you had your chance to prove your beliefs you chose not to take the righteous path.

I wish for you not to respond to this thread, your words are worthless from this point on.
To any reader who got this far I ask not for pity or sympathy as I have had both by the truckload since my wife's passing, maybe you could say a prayer for our 3 children, 3 children I am so proud of, 3 children who I raise to respect and honour all others, 3 children who I do my best by each and every day, 3 children who will be my legacy to the world after my day.

3 children I devote my time to – time Tony Bennett claims is wasted.

Please feel free to copy and paste this post and send to any forum or friend you feel may benefit from seeing Tony Bennett in all his arrogance.

Fencer
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.12.09 17:56

Jolie wrote:

How many people have that number of posters coming down on them with negative remarks?

Tony Bennett isn't complaining and he's still here posting. Fencer took objection to Tony's response. My initial post was to explain why the comment Fencer objected to might have been made. Patty added more perspective.

Lots of us have put up with that in the past, and many times. And Mr. Bennett has been instrumental in having Pros banned from some Forums. It has gone full circle. Why the bleating?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Seemingly I'm a Time Waster. - Page 2 Empty Bleating?

Post by Jolie 07.12.09 18:07

Sabot wrote:
Jolie wrote:

Lots of us have put up with that in the past, and many times. And Mr. Bennett has been instrumental in having Pros banned from some Forums. It has gone full circle. Why the bleating?

Aren't you lovely to characterize my comments as such?

This is a fine example of the attitude and behavior that both sides of the McCann saga have to endure. That's why, to me, it makes no sense to have a forum with 'debate' between the entrenched viewpoints. Each has their own purpose and intention. Together, it's just a fight.
Jolie
Jolie

Back to top Go down

Post by Limoncello 07.12.09 18:17

Clarity,,,

Dogrose does not state that he copied it over from another forum. Clearly, Dogrose is leading people to believe that he is actually Fencer as it has fener's signature at the end and it not counter signed with Dogrose's sig as the person copying it over.

How are other forums supposed to know that the new poster named 'fencer' is a poster at THIS forum when it is closed for guests???????

Not only the mod misled, but FRED...

'thanks for sharing YOUR story'

RIORITA

'YOU put it so eloquently'

FAMOUS GROUSE

'YOUR late wife'

J FRANCIS

'GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN'

PS. WHY ARE YOU ANSWERING THIS CONUNDRUM, CLARITY? INSTEAD OF 'FENCER' I DONT BELIEVE A WORD THAT ANY ADMIN OF SANGFROID SAYS
Limoncello
Limoncello

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.12.09 18:23

I was simply trying to help, I saw the post on MM today and read with amusement the mistake made by the mod at the end and wondered if anyone would correct him/her.

i have no idea why you are being so aggressive and rude when I am simply pointing out what I can see, which seems to be nothing more than an error.

I don't know what the bit in capitals at the end of your post is about?

What does admin of a nonexistent forum have to do with anything?

Edit, oh do you mean to say you think I was admin at sangfroid? nope not me.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine 07.12.09 18:32

Jolie wrote:

TB has chosen to insert himself quite prominently and controversially into this sad case hence the negative remarks.TB is more than capable of making negative and condescending remarks himself.
sunshine

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top