The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Another look at the Last photo - Page 31 Mm11

Another look at the Last photo - Page 31 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Another look at the Last photo - Page 31 Mm11

Another look at the Last photo - Page 31 Regist10

Another look at the Last photo

Page 31 of 39 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another look at the Last photo - Page 31 Empty Re: Another look at the Last photo

Post by Jill Havern 09.01.17 15:48

Tony Bennett wrote:
Verdi wrote:
BlueBag wrote:My understanding is the photos were provided to the PJ by someone at the McCann end in this sorry state on a CD(DVD?)

Can someone confirm?

They were provided to the PJ by Gerry McCann and Michael Wright.

File notes - 9 May:
PDF Apenso Desc.

12  549    Analysis of CD delivered by GM
13  550    Analysis of CD delivered by M Wright

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/HOLIDAY-PHOTOS-LIST.htm
YES.

On and after 4 May, the McCanns, Michael Wight and Alex Woofall all collaborated to work through the SD cards on probably the McCanns and Paynes cameras.

They basically set about deleting them, editing them or cropping them.

They ended up handing two CDs to the PJ on Wednesday 9 May, and I THINK they used the 'greyscale' option (as opposed to the 'colour' option) on the computer program they used to download the pics onto a CD.

Thus the PJ never got to see the original SD cards - and what the PJ got was utterly useless, of no evidential value whatsoever.

and what the PJ got was utterly useless, of no evidential value whatsoever.

of no evidential value to the investigation of an abduction, agreed

But what they did NOT get was of even more 'evidential' value, arguably. 

The POOL photo was not on the CD, when we would expect it to have been
Photos of the entire family on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday,
children's activities, sailing, playing tennis, running about, having High Tea,  were not on the CD
when we would reasonably expect them to have been
There is a very obvious reason for this.

Absence of evidence tending towards very strong evidence of absence

P

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/chapter-17-some-philosophical-thoughts.html

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41843

Back to top Go down

Another look at the Last photo - Page 31 Empty Re: Another look at the Last photo

Post by Nina 09.01.17 15:58

Even though we cannot see much in the way of detail as they are so dark,apart from a few there are quite a few and do show some enjoyable moments imo, shows probably a couple of meal times,including the beach cafe so again imo, different days. Some variation of clothing too of the children, though that could be meaningless trying to date as children can require changing a number of times a day.
No hints of any strained faces in fact the nearest I have seen of a family holiday from certainly the Paynes and Jane Tanner. Love the ones of the baby on the sand.
Just looks so normal.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by HiDeHo 09.01.17 16:11

Nina wrote:Even though we cannot see much in the way of detail as they are so dark,apart from a few there are quite a few and do show some enjoyable moments imo, shows probably a couple of meal times,including the beach cafe so again imo, different days. Some variation of clothing too of the children, though that could be meaningless trying to date as children can require changing a number of times a day.
No hints of any strained faces in fact the nearest I have seen of a family holiday from certainly the Paynes and Jane Tanner. Love the ones of the baby on the sand.
Just looks so normal.

Back in 2011 I attempted to start identifying the photos.  I didnt get too far but may be of help to see them listed under different headings..with clickable thumbnails.

150+ Black & White Holiday Photos - To be Identified
https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t3574-150-black-white-holiday-photos-to-be-identified
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Activity : 5076

http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09.01.17 16:14

Who and when.

A simple analysis.

Missing from the files.

Surely someone did the bog standard policing?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 09.01.17 16:15

Posting up this message just received from a guest via the forum contact link:

Why I think something happened on the Sunday

Have been following the case for years and following all the arguments about the Last Photo and when Madeleine died.

I see that there is a range of opinion from ‘after 6pm Thursday’ to ‘Sunday’.

I go for Sunday because what I see is some very big changes occurring on and after Sunday. Here is what I see.

No more photos after Sunday (except for the disputed Tennis Balls Photo).

Tapas Group decided to stop eating at Millennium, book Tapas restaurant instead

McCanns decide to have breakfast in their own apartment

McCanns decide to have lunch in their own apartment

McCanns start leaving and entering their apartment by different doors so as not to be seen leaving and entering the twins, but without Madeleine

Not one credible independent sighting of Madeleine after the cleaning lady Sunday lunchtime (Hideho article)

Also if Robert Murat was involved in the cover-up, then he was summoned over the day after Sunday.

Also the crèche records are false and no help to deciding when she died.

So I go for Madeleine dying suddenly on the Sunday.

On that point I’m in agreement with Richard Hall’s film.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Activity : 41843

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 09.01.17 16:42

HiDeHo wrote:
Nina wrote:Even though we cannot see much in the way of detail as they are so dark,apart from a few there are quite a few and do show some enjoyable moments imo, shows probably a couple of meal times,including the beach cafe so again imo, different days. Some variation of clothing too of the children, though that could be meaningless trying to date as children can require changing a number of times a day.
Just looks so normal.

Back in 2011 I attempted to start identifying the photos.  I didnt get too far but may be of help to see them listed under different headings..with clickable thumbnails.

150+ Black & White Holiday Photos - To be Identified
https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t3574-150-black-white-holiday-photos-to-be-identified
HiDeHo, did you lighten the photographs yourself? It makes it much easier to see.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 09.01.17 16:50

Our friends over on candyfloss's forum are struggling more than a bit to come to terms with the fact that Sunday 29 April was pretty hot day in Praia da Luz. This follows dee coy's very surprising claim over there that she can tell how hot the weather is on any photo simply by loking at it. Indeed some would say that this was a pretty unique claim!

I had asserted that the lunchtime temperature on Sunday 29 April rose to 70F. That's precisely 21C in Centigrade.

This chart produced by PeterMac from a nearby weather station confirms my claim and also shows the weather pattern for the whole week:

Another look at the Last photo - Page 31 Peterm10

Moreover, it fully confirms the weather throughout the Algarve that week:

Saturday, Sunday - sunny, hot (as per Last Photo)  

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday - cold front brings cooler, cloudier, windier weather with some rain, until an improvement right at the end of Thursday 3rd.

I also said that if the shade temperature on Sunday 29th was 70F, the actual temperature in the sun could be as high as 100F (38C).

This video explains the phenomenon pretty well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKGmuNFzM1w   

l hope this helps them all

ETA:   'Freedom', admin on candyfloss's forum, has gone all 'dee coy':

QUOTE Freedom:

I have always thought that the "sweating like a pig" image of Gerry in particular did not appear feasible for this early in the year.

As has 'bluebell': QUOTE bluebell:

I welcome debate but truly think it would have been 'chilly' as we Brits say in late April/early May. It isn't the 'season'

It looks like not one member over there can accept the overwhelming evidence that the Last Photo was taken Sunday lunchtime.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by kaz 09.01.17 18:32

Tony Bennett wrote:
Verdi wrote:
BlueBag wrote:My understanding is the photos were provided to the PJ by someone at the McCann end in this sorry state on a CD(DVD?)

Can someone confirm?

They were provided to the PJ by Gerry McCann and Michael Wright.

File notes - 9 May:
PDF Apenso Desc.

12  549    Analysis of CD delivered by GM
13  550    Analysis of CD delivered by M Wright

YES.

On and after 4 May, the McCanns, Michael Wight and Alex Woofall all collaborated to work through the SD cards on probably the McCanns and Paynes cameras.

They basically set about deleting them, editing them or cropping them.

They ended up handing two CDs to the PJ on Wednesday 9 May, and I THINK they used the 'greyscale' option (as opposed to the 'colour' option) on the computer program they used to download the pics onto a CD.

Thus the PJ never got to see the original SD cards - and what the PJ got was utterly useless, of no evidential value whatsoever.
I could understand the photos being 'grey scaled ' to  protect the children's identities if the McCanns had at that point realised that  the photographs would at a later date  be open to public scrutiny  as is the case under Portuguese Law . However at the time they did not know this would happen and to have done so  is almost tantamount to perverting the course of justice. As far as they knew at the time , only the PJ would be able to inspect  the photos for clues. So exactly who were they really trying to protect?
kaz

Activity : 1009

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09.01.17 18:53

The photos in the released files are in grey scale however are we 'sure' that the PJ received them like this? Is it not the case of them (PJ) using a black & white scanner with a view to protecting identities.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tennison 09.01.17 18:59

HKP wrote:The photos in the released files are in grey scale however are we 'sure' that the PJ received them like this? Is it not the case of them (PJ) using a black & white scanner with a view to protecting identities.

That's a possibility. The PJ were more likely to know in advance that the files would be released to the public, more so than the McCanns.
Tennison
Tennison

Activity : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09.01.17 21:14

There are two types of black and white pictures in the files.

Harsh black and white - useless.
Grey scale - detail is still perfectly identifiable, childrens eyes blotted out.

So the reason/method for protecting identity wasn't consistent.

I'm still puzzled by the lack of analysis. Who and when?

I would have thought this would be crucial to the investigation.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09.01.17 21:33

BlueBag wrote:There are two types of black and white pictures in the files.

Grey scale - detail is still perfectly identifiable, childrens eyes blotted out.

I'm still puzzled by the lack of analysis. Who and when?

I would have thought this would be crucial to the investigation.
Could the analysis be part of the files which have been held back perhaps? As you state it should be a key piece of the investigation
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 09.01.17 22:54

In the light of discussion over the last 24 hours concerning the holiday photographs included in the PJ files, can anyone offer an explanation as to why and/or how the images of David Payne with child/ren on a balcony (+ one that looks like Tanner with a child) are in black and white and also grey scale?  None of the other photographs appear as such.

Whatever, the only clearly identifiable presence of Madeleine McCann is in the playground photographs, almost certainly taken on the day of arrival - Saturday 28th April 2007.  A simple fact that can't be denied - there are no other photographs from the holiday included in the PJ files that can prove beyond doubt that Madeleine or Amelie or Sean or Gerry or Kate were photographed after the poolside image and the playground images - where incidently Kate McCann is also missing.

OK I know, she was behind the camera I hear it said but if I wanted a good family fun snapshot I'd ask someone else to take it !

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 09.01.17 23:17

08-Other Processes Vol VIII Page 549
NUIPC 201 / 07.0 GALGS

Visualisation and Analysis of Photographs

On this date, I state que the photographs contained on the CD delivered to this police force by Gerald McCann Have Been visualized and analysed, some of Them are from the holiday period que the McCann family spent at the Ocean Club in PdL, beginning on the 28th April 2007.

The visualization and analysis of These images que was carried in October Reveals que there are Several photographs of interest to the investigation, in Which it is possible to visualize Madeleine McCann.

Portimao, 09 May 2007

Signed by

Inspector Ricardo Paiva

Other Proceedings Vol VIII

Page 550

NUIPC 201 / 07.0 GALGS

Visualisation and Analysis of Photographs

On this date, I state que the photographs contained on the CD delivered to this police force by Michael Wright, the relation of the McCann couple, Relating to the holiday period que the McCann family spent at the Ocean Club in PdL, beginning on the 28th April 2007.

The visualization and analysis of These images que was carried in October Reveals que there are Several photographs of interest to the investigation, in Which it is possible to visualize Madeleine McCann, as well as different adults and children que made up the group of friends who Were on holiday together with the McCann couple in PdL, Which is why These photographs, joined to the report, Were printed.

Portimao, 09 May 2007

Signed by

Inspector Ricardo Paiva

Note:  I can't imagine where the strange translation comes from, the original in Portuguese makes no mention of October.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 10.01.17 0:05

BlueBag wrote:There are two types of black and white pictures in the files.

I'm delighted you raise the point.  I tried earlier to post-up a so called gray scale image and black/white image of David Payne on a balcony with children with the same thing in mind but my laptop's giving me hell again today.

angrypcuser  ......  I jest not!

Ricardo Paiva said the photographs handed to them on CD by Gerald McCann and Michael Wright, as can be seen in the PJ files, were visualized and analyzed.  I rather suspect that entailed only taking a look as there doesn't appear to be any other reference.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by kaz 10.01.17 12:49

HKP wrote:The photos in the released files are in grey scale however are we 'sure' that the PJ received them like this? Is it not the case of them (PJ) using a black & white scanner with a view to protecting identities.
I don't really see this as being plausible. They would have been stored as 'evidence' in well protected files after all so why greyscale them? It would be a bit like redacting huge chunks of statement evidence and at some point later in the investigation being unable to access them if required wouldn't it?
kaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 10.01.17 12:54

kaz wrote:
I don't really see this as being plausible. They would have been stored as 'evidence' in well protected files after all so why greyscale them? It would be a bit like redacting huge chunks of statement evidence and at some point later in the investigation being unable to access them if required wouldn't it?
I very much tend to agree with kaz's line of reasoning here.

What would Gerry McCann, Michael Wright and Alex Woolfall want the police to have?

As little useful information as possible!

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by HiDeHo 10.01.17 14:43

I have searched for the analysis of Gerry McCann and Michael Wright CD but havent yet found it.

The Black/white pics are listed on a page (which I can't locate right now which in addition have references to Foster video etc.)

I have never believed the black and white pictures were from the McCanns camera.  Likely the Paynes camera as lots of shots of their family and Dianne Webster.

The greyscale are listed here  

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GREYSCALE_SNAPS.htm

I have no idea why some are greyscale but the black and white ones look to be photocopies as many photos similar to those that exist in the files.  Some are easier to view than others.  I have never considered the copies to be anything sinister, just badly copied from the original. (perhaps with extra gamma to hide personal details).

Here is a random example of black/white pic from the files but there are MANY..

Another look at the Last photo - Page 31 02_vol10
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.01.17 14:44

I think the grey scale pictures might be digital scans of prints of faxes or printed copies.

They are scans of physical pictures I think.

I don't know why they would do that but the lines across each picture suggest it.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GREYSCALE_SNAPS.htm

Example:
Another look at the Last photo - Page 31 03_volumeIII_apensoVIII_Page572a
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HiDeHo 10.01.17 15:03

Here is the files page of the photos.  (with a missing page : 
03_volume_III_O_apenso_VIII_Page_607. MISSING PAGE

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/OUSTROS_APENSOS_3_8.htm

Just to make it clear.  I took these pages and separated them myself and added the numbers to help identify, and those are the ones you see on McCannfiles page

HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by JRP 10.01.17 16:05

If the images were supplied on a CD, then why would these be scans of colour photos? Why would anyone print them in colour from the CD, then scan them all in again, one by one, and then print them again in greyscale? Why not just print them from the CD in greyscale?
The lines may be due to printer being low on ink, or the print heads being out of alignment.

Why didn't the McCanns simply hand their camera over to the PJ, or take the memory card out and hand that over? 
Oh yeah, sorry! I got carried away for a moment!
JRP

Activity : 1176

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.01.17 16:23

JRP wrote:The lines may be due to printer being low on ink, or the print heads being out of alignment.
That may also be. I have also seen fax machines do this as well. I included the picture above because the picture is slightly misaligned on the printer/fax scanner bed.

Either way I think they are scans of physical printed copies.

Which is weird.

What was wrong with the original files off the CD?

I think the "PJ Files" are physical scans of everything they had in boxes in the office - a bit antiquated.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JRP 10.01.17 16:39

BlueBag wrote:
JRP wrote:The lines may be due to printer being low on ink, or the print heads being out of alignment.
That may also be. I have also seen fax machines do this as well. I included the picture above because the picture is slightly misaligned on the printer/fax scanner bed.

Either way I think they are scans of physical printed copies.

Which is weird.

What was wrong with the original files off the CD?

I think the "PJ Files" are physical scans of everything they had in boxes in the office - a bit antiquated.

Quite possible they are scans of photos, as you say. The lines appear to be on the white area around the edges too, Yes I see the logic. Thanks.
JRP

Activity : 1176

Back to top Go down

Post by kaz 10.01.17 18:42

I'm not 'au fait' with anything technical but wouldn't it have been
easier for  the PJ to copy the photographic cd if Gerry wanted the orginal back and keep that in their files ? Why go to the trouble and expense of making piles of inferior scans/ photocopies?
kaz

Back to top Go down

Post by HiDeHo 10.01.17 19:04

I am by no means convinced that the black white pics are from Gerry's camera.  To me there is almost no question it is the Paynes camera content.

It looks very much like the visit to the Paraiso and lots of Dianne Webster but I dont have time to look for the details regarding the Paynes camera.

Photos of possible interest appear to be scanned, (greyscale) other seem to be photocopied in a similar way to other file pages. (Black/White)

I also feel that they have all the normal colour originals and they were photocopied for the files release pages.

Another look at the Last photo - Page 31 03_vol10
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 39 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top