The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda' - Page 2 Mm11

'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda' - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda' - Page 2 Mm11

'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda' - Page 2 Regist10

'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda'

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda' - Page 2 Empty Re: 'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda'

Post by Brian Griffin 04.09.14 14:24

nglfi wrote:Sadly I think this book is going to concentrate quite heavily around the dogs and make every effort to discredit them, in fact I think this is where any 'research' may have been done. The massive thorn in the side of the McCann defence is the dogs. Without their evidence,  most other things are circumstancial and could be argued around. They could argue that the inconsistencies in the t9 accounts came from the fact that they were all drunk (or distressed,  whatever) and people will believe it.
All they have to do is destroy the dogs evidence and most people will be swayed I think.  Having said that, destroying the dog evidence is no small task as it is so compelling,  and I have a feeling they will outright lie to make the cadaver abd blood scent seem coincidental.  I sincerely hope nobody is swayed by this tripe.
Technically, surely the evidence provided by the dogs is also circumstantial unless the cadaver scent and blood can be shown, irrefutably, to belong to Madeleine McCann. Otherwise, as improbable as it might sound, it could be from someone else, from an event or events that could have taken place earlier. It's proof of something, but it isn't necessarily proof that Maddie died in the apartment or that the parents were involved.
Brian Griffin
Brian Griffin

Activity : 582

Back to top Go down

'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda' - Page 2 Empty Re: 'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda'

Post by Brian Griffin 04.09.14 14:28

Tony Bennett wrote:
REPLY: That's correct, but by and large we don't do it. We talk to each other endlessly on this and other forums, making this point and that point, but that's it. By and large we don't highlight our concerns outside and beyond the discussions on here. The mainstream media have a story to sell and they are not a blind bit interested in the points made here, no matter how powerful they are. We mostly just talk to each other inside our internet 'bubble'
Good point. So why don't people (Tony excepted for obvious reasons) write their own books based on the facts as they see them, and publish them?
Brian Griffin
Brian Griffin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 04.09.14 14:43

Brian Griffin wrote:
nglfi wrote:Sadly I think this book is going to concentrate quite heavily around the dogs and make every effort to discredit them, in fact I think this is where any 'research' may have been done. The massive thorn in the side of the McCann defence is the dogs. Without their evidence,  most other things are circumstancial and could be argued around. They could argue that the inconsistencies in the t9 accounts came from the fact that they were all drunk (or distressed,  whatever) and people will believe it.
All they have to do is destroy the dogs evidence and most people will be swayed I think.  Having said that, destroying the dog evidence is no small task as it is so compelling,  and I have a feeling they will outright lie to make the cadaver abd blood scent seem coincidental.  I sincerely hope nobody is swayed by this tripe.
Technically, surely the evidence provided by the dogs is also circumstantial unless the cadaver scent and blood can be shown, irrefutably, to belong to Madeleine McCann. Otherwise, as improbable as it might sound, it could be from someone else, from an event or events that could have taken place earlier. It's proof of something, but it isn't necessarily proof that Maddie died in the apartment or that the parents were involved.

Since those flats were built, it appears nobody died in 5a, the PJ checked.  Finding cadaver odour in two places as well as on clothing belonging to one parent is more than circumstantial, especially in view of the DNA results at the time.

That those results were downgraded is imo due to  interference from the British side. If you read the two reports by Lowe carefully you'll find much of interest.
In effect, the help given to the McCanns in this matter was crucial in getting them released from the arguido status.

Eta: the money side of things and what it was actually spent on will be a big factor in deciding the public opinion.
Add to that the lack of action re sightings such as the Stam sighting and the one in Dorset. Not the behaviour of parents looking for their child.
https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t7224-sightings-in-general-and-in-particular?highlight=Stam+sighting

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 04.09.14 14:52

Tony Bennett wrote:
The Rooster wrote:Tony, I don't know the answer to your question, sorry.  But like most posters on here I believe the McCanns are lying about the events of the 3rd May 2007. 
Thank you for your prompt reply, Rooster, but doesn't your answer really tell us that in fact there is no explanation for why Brian Kennedy would successively employ: 

* Gary Hagland, money-laundering expert,

* the dodgy Francisco Marco, Antonio Giminez Raso and Julian Peribanez from Metodo 3,

* the lying lawyer Marcos Aragao Correia with his two week-long searches of the Arade Dam for Madeleine's bones,

* the criminal Kevin Halligen,

* the criminal Henri Exton [shoplifting - Manchestere Airport], former Head of Covert Intelligence, MI5,

* Tim Craig-Harvey

* Dave Edgar and Arthur Cowley, purportedly from ALPHAIG, a shell compamy set up AFTER it was falsley claimed they were the long-running owner/managers of the non-existent 'Alpha Investigations Group'...

...if, as you think is obvious, the McCanns were not telling the truth about what happened on 3 May 2007.   

Someone should surely ask Brian Kennedy to explain

And that `someone` will hopefully be the MET or even better the CPS. Don`t you go doing it Tony - it`s been highlighted - that`s enough for now.

IMO he employed all those crooks because he`s probably one himself and/or he`s contracted to MI5.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 04.09.14 15:06

Brian Griffin wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
REPLY: That's correct, but by and large we don't do it. We talk to each other endlessly on this and other forums, making this point and that point, but that's it. By and large we don't highlight our concerns outside and beyond the discussions on here. The mainstream media have a story to sell and they are not a blind bit interested in the points made here, no matter how powerful they are. We mostly just talk to each other inside our internet 'bubble'
Good point. So why don't people (Tony excepted for obvious reasons) write their own books based on the facts as they see them, and publish them?
Fear?

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 04.09.14 15:24

Undoubtedly!

Yet many of them use their own names to discuss the case on the Internet, which is also publishing. These days you can publish a book and get it on the main book sites like Amazon free of charge. All you need is a computer and a bit of time.
Brian Griffin
Brian Griffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 04.09.14 15:29

tigger wrote:
Since those flats were built, it appears nobody died in 5a, the PJ checked. 
Then again, you're assuming that any crime or accident would have been reported to the hotel or the authorities. Is it entirely impossible that someone could have died in the apartment, the body removed unseen and the apartment cleaned to disguise the fact before the McCanns got there? As unlikely as it seems, it isn't impossible, however improbable, so it could be argued that it is circumstantial I would imagine. Not all crimes are reported, especially those people want covered up.
Brian Griffin
Brian Griffin

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi 04.09.14 15:44

Brian Griffin wrote:
tigger wrote:
Then again, you're assuming that any crime or accident would have been reported to the hotel or the authorities. Is it entirely impossible that someone could have died in the apartment, the body removed unseen and the apartment cleaned to disguise the fact before the McCanns got there? As unlikely as it seems, it isn't impossible, however improbable, so it could be argued that it is circumstantial I would imagine. Not all crimes are reported, especially those people want covered up.
But the odds of that happening are impossibly small, when coupled with the fact that cadaver odour was found on Kate's clothes, cuddle cat etc etc, and cadaver and blood odour was also found in the Scenic. I agree that it doesn't prove it was Madeleine's corpse, but seriously who else's?  Even if it's inadmissible in court, I believe it's the main piece of evidence convincing those who don't believe the McCanns, but haven't necessarily read much about the case. 

I hope Tony is right in saying the book won't trash the dogs too much and will gloss over them, it infuriates me when people do it and I'm worried they will try. If they do gloss over it then I don't think this book will come across as particularly credible, in the same way that the bewk didn't.
nglfi

Activity : 866

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey5 04.09.14 16:12

Brian Griffin wrote:Undoubtedly!

Yet many of them use their own names to discuss the case on the Internet, which is also publishing. These days you can publish a book and get it on the main book sites like Amazon free of charge. All you need is a computer and a bit of time.
Pat Brown did exactly that. I downloaded it onto kindle and then poof it was gone from the Amazon site both here and in the States. Amazon won't get into a legal fight for an author who publishes a kindle book if the content is disputed by a legal firm like  Carter Ruck for instance. And Amazon didn't. They withdrew her book.
If, on the other hand, you write a book and use a publisher then Amazon would sell it because if there's a problem it would be the publishing company who would run the risk of being sued just like the publishers of Dr Amaral's book.
No publisher, apparently would run the risk of publishing Dr Amaral's book in English so it never was.
And that's the problem for anyone writing a book criticising the MCanns.
Casey5

Activity : 402

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 04.09.14 16:23

nglfi wrote:
Brian Griffin wrote:
tigger wrote:
But the odds of that happening are impossibly small, when coupled with the fact that cadaver odour was found on Kate's clothes, cuddle cat etc etc, and cadaver and blood odour was also found in the Scenic. I agree that it doesn't prove it was Madeleine's corpse, but seriously who else's?  Even if it's inadmissible in court, I believe it's the main piece of evidence convincing those who don't believe the McCanns, but haven't necessarily read much about the case.
I agree, the odds are small, but not impossibly as far as a clever lawyer is concerned. But without absolute proof, there could still be another explanation. The McCanns have managed to explain away the odour on Kate's clothes and in the Scenic and without DNA evidence there is no proof otherwise. What if it really is from hospitals or meat? I think it would be very risky of the McCanns to hire a car, collect and dispose of a body when they must have been under close scrutiny at the time. If something had happened to Madeleine that the McCanns wanted to hide, I believe Madeleine would have been long gone, and completely disposed of (and it feels horrible to use those words to write about that little girl) before any of the abduction shenanigans began. All my opinion of course.
Brian Griffin
Brian Griffin

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 04.09.14 16:25

the smell of cadaver doesn't smell like meat ,just human remains ,as far as I have read about for few years .joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus T 04.09.14 16:45

Indeed joyce1938 the smell of death is very distinct and once you have smelled it you will never forget it, it also seems to linger long after you have left the source.
Rufus T
Rufus T

Activity : 312

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 04.09.14 16:47

Brian Griffin wrote:
nglfi wrote:
Brian Griffin wrote:
tigger wrote:
I agree, the odds are small, but not impossibly as far as a clever lawyer is concerned. But without absolute proof, there could still be another explanation. The McCanns have managed to explain away the odour on Kate's clothes and in the Scenic and without DNA evidence there is no proof otherwise. What if it really is from hospitals or meat? I think it would be very risky of the McCanns to hire a car, collect and dispose of a body when they must have been under close scrutiny at the time. If something had happened to Madeleine that the McCanns wanted to hide, I believe Madeleine would have been long gone, and completely disposed of (and it feels horrible to use those words to write about that little girl) before any of the abduction shenanigans began. All my opinion of course.

re the McCanns explaining away the odour on Kate’s clothes - there would have to be 100% proof that KM attended 6 dead bodies, she would have to have signed the death certificates or other certificates when she attended a death.  They would be asked for, as proof, in a court of law.  At the moment, it’s all hearsay.

The cadaver dogs don’t respond to “meat”.  The sensitivity of their noses is 100,000 times stronger than a humans.  They are highly trained to detect the “cadaver” odour, if they detected to “meat” they would be useless for the job they’re trained to do.

With regard to the McCanns hiring a car, who said it was the McCanns who actually drove the car.  The McCanns are very adept at the art of “look over there, not over here”, they went on many trips where the World’s media followed them, Rome for instance.  Who knows what was going on while they were away and the media weren’t on the ball or even in PDL when the McCanns went on their “trips”.

The one point I agree with you on is that Madeleine was disposed of before the shenanigans began (and was moved at a future date in the hire car when the press were following the McCanns not the hire car).

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 04.09.14 16:48

Casey5 wrote:
Brian Griffin wrote:Undoubtedly!

Pat Brown did exactly that. I downloaded it onto kindle and then poof it was gone from the Amazon site both here and in the States. Amazon won't get into a legal fight for an author who publishes a kindle book if the content is disputed by a legal firm like  Carter Ruck for instance. And Amazon didn't. They withdrew her book.
If, on the other hand, you write a book and use a publisher then Amazon would sell it because if there's a problem it would be the publishing company who would run the risk of being sued just like the publishers of Dr Amaral's book.
No publisher, apparently would run the risk of publishing Dr Amaral's book in English so it never was.
And that's the problem for anyone writing a book criticising  the MCanns.
You could self-publish it as a real book. That way you become the publisher and are free to distribute.
Disclaimer: I'm not suggesting you do so because you'll end up like Tony or Goncalo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 04.09.14 16:53

Newintown wrote:
Brian Griffin wrote:
nglfi wrote:
Brian Griffin wrote:
tigger wrote:

re the McCanns explaining away the odour on Kate’s clothes - there would have to be 100% proof that KM attended 6 dead bodies, she would have to have signed the death certificates or other certificates when she attended a death.  They would be asked for, as proof, in a court of law.  At the moment, it’s all hearsay.

The cadaver dogs don’t respond to “meat”.  The sensitivity of their noses is 100,000 times stronger than a humans.  They are highly trained to detect the “cadaver” odour, if they detected to “meat” they would be useless for the job they’re trained to do.

With regard to the McCanns hiring a car, who said it was the McCanns who actually drove the car.  The McCanns are very adept at the art of “look over there, not over here”, they went on many trips where the World’s media followed them, Rome for instance.  Who knows what was going on while they were away and the media weren’t on the ball or even in PDL when the McCanns went on their “trips”.

The one point I agree with you on is that Madeleine was disposed of before the shenanigans began (and was moved at a future date in the hire car when the press were following the McCanns not the hire car).
Some good points you've got there. Especially about the 'look over here, not over there'. I naturally assumed the McCanns would be driving the car they hired. Then who? The plot thickens! Surely the more people there are in this chain, the greater the chance of one of the links breaking.

But would Kate need to prove she attended the bodies? Wouldn't the prosecution have to prove that the smell/blood was from Madeleine? Innocent until proven guilty, and all that?

In my opinion.
Brian Griffin
Brian Griffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 04.09.14 17:09

Brian Griffin wrote:
Newintown wrote:
Brian Griffin wrote:
nglfi wrote:
Brian Griffin wrote:
tigger wrote:

Some good points you've got there. Especially about the 'look over here, not over there'. I naturally assumed the McCanns would be driving the car they hired. Then who? The plot thickens! Surely the more people there are in this chain, the greater the chance of one of the links breaking.

But would Kate need to prove she attended the bodies? Wouldn't the prosecution have to prove that the smell/blood was from Madeleine? Innocent until proven guilty, and all that?

In my opinion.

Yes, no doubt KM (or most probably her lawyer) would have to prove she attended 6 deaths, as that is part of the "get out clause" for the reason KM had cadaver odour on her clothes.  Death records and certificates are held for some years, I don't know how long by law, but I'm sure the records would be "found" if the case ever went to trial.

The apartment the McCanns stayed in was researched by the PJ with regard to any deaths that occurred in the apartment.  I think you're clutching at straws trying to infer that someone may have died in 5A and was disposed of without anyone knowing or being suspicious about it.

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 04.09.14 17:12

Brian Griffin wrote:
tigger wrote:

Errm, so there are crimes that are reported although people want them covered up?

Eta: genius loci of 5a would be unique in the annals of crime if more than one death occurred which was covered up.

It would have had to be persons - why not go for 3 or 4 whilst we're at it - who would presumably be missed in another location, i.e. where they lived. Unless these persons were unlucky enough to have no friends or relatives, nobody who would know they'd gone on holiday, enquiries would have followed.
Are we also to assume that said previous unreported deaths were all extremely lightweight individuals?
Moving a corpse is quite difficult.

The fact is that in only one location of 5a both dogs alerted strongly. That was behind a sofa.
The fact is that traces of blood were found when the tiles were lifted in that location.
The fact is that spatters of blood on the walls were present.
The fact is that in the initial report the analysis of the blood spatter was said to be consistent with a broken hyoid bone or damage to the neck.
This is supporting evidence not just circumstantial.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 04.09.14 17:13

But it still *might* have happened. Just playing Devil's Advocate here.

(I'm referring to the post above the one above this)
Brian Griffin
Brian Griffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 04.09.14 17:29

Brian Griffin wrote:But it still *might* have happened. Just playing Devil's Advocate here.

If you're referring to my post it is highly unlikely that any death would have been over looked or hidden by anyone owning the apartment or renting it out.  There would have been in depth investigations into the ownership/renting of the apartment so nothing was missed.  There may be a million in one chance that that someone died in the apartment and was taken out in the middle of the night never to be seen again, but would their cadaver odour be detected behind the sofa, in the wardrobe, on cuddle cat, on KM's clothes, but not on GM's clothes or the twins or any otherr items in the apartment?

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi 04.09.14 17:45

I think if the case ever went to court the onus would be on Kate to explain why she made up an excuse of having attended 6 dead bodies,  and why she then inexplicably decided to wear those clothes on holiday without washing them. This was information she volunteered to explain cadaver odour and the prosecution would pounce on it in seconds, given how implaus it is as an explanation.
nglfi

Activity : 866

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 04.09.14 17:46

Newintown wrote:
Brian Griffin wrote:But it still *might* have happened. Just playing Devil's Advocate here.

If you're referring to my post it is highly unlikely that any death would have been over looked or hidden by anyone owning the apartment or renting it out.  There would have been in depth investigations into the ownership/renting of the apartment so nothing was missed.  There may be a million in one chance that that someone died in the apartment and was taken out in the middle of the night never to be seen again, but would their cadaver odour be detected behind the sofa, in the wardrobe, on cuddle cat, on KM's clothes, but not on GM's clothes or the twins or any otherr items in the apartment?

Attaboy! i get a bit tired of these putative corpses occupying 5a.. laughat

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 04.09.14 17:54

And according to Kate it would have to have been in the previous 30 days anyway ! !
Touchée.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16599

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 04.09.14 17:56

tigger wrote:
Newintown wrote:

Attaboy!  i get a bit tired of these putative corpses occupying 5a.. laughat

Thanks Tigger, I've learnt a lot from being on this forum for some years, not only how much people will lie to save their own skins to the detriment of other people's lives but learning new words I'd never come across before - putative being one of them.  I had to look it up, to my shame!  smilie

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 04.09.14 18:12

Newintown wrote:

If you're referring to my post it is highly unlikely that any death would have been over looked or hidden by anyone owning the apartment or renting it out.

Have to disagree. Just looking at the apartment after Madeleine had gone missing, if you knew nothing of the events of that evening, you would not draw any conclusion that anything had happened there out of the ordinary, unless you're suggesting that it's commonplace to sweep the holiday apartment that is going to be your home for the next couple of weeks with sniffer dogs and forensic teams. I dunno. Maybe you do, but I'll bet you don't! That. I would wager, is even less likely than your million in one chance of someone dying in there previously. Something has to happen to initiate that response, like a woman screaming that her daughter is missing. You can clean blood off a tiled floor easily, too, so if you couldn't see the spatters, you'd be none the wiser. You need a reason to suspect.  Like I say, it's highly unlikely, but not completely impossible.

but would their cadaver odour be detected behind the sofa, in the wardrobe, on cuddle cat, on KM's clothes, but not on GM's clothes or the twins or any otherr items in the apartment?

Who says it's the same cadaver odour? You would need to prove it's the same person, and then you've got to prove it's Maddie's.

In my opinion.
Brian Griffin
Brian Griffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 04.09.14 18:20

Brian Griffin wrote:
Newintown wrote:

If you're referring to my post it is highly unlikely that any death would have been over looked or hidden by anyone owning the apartment or renting it out.

Have to disagree. Just looking at the apartment after Madeleine had gone missing, if you knew nothing of the events of that evening, you would not draw any conclusion that anything had happened there out of the ordinary, unless you're suggesting that it's commonplace to sweep the holiday apartment that is going to be your home for the next couple of weeks with sniffer dogs and forensic teams. I dunno. Maybe you do, but I'll bet you don't! That. I would wager, is even less likely than your million in one chance of someone dying in there previously. Something has to happen to initiate that response, like a woman screaming that her daughter is missing. You can clean blood off a tiled floor easily, too, so if you couldn't see the spatters, you'd be none the wiser. You need a reason to suspect.  Like I say, it's highly unlikely, but not completely impossible.

but would their cadaver odour be detected behind the sofa, in the wardrobe, on cuddle cat, on KM's clothes, but not on GM's clothes or the twins or any otherr items in the apartment?

Who says it's the same cadaver odour? You would need to prove it's the same person, and then you've got to prove it's Maddie's.

In my opinion.

I think you're clutching at straws and wasting your time.  Evidence in the flat and no Maddie says a lot.

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top