The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

'Looking for Madeleine' by Anthony Summers and Robbyn Swan - My response to their enquiries - Page 2 Mm11

'Looking for Madeleine' by Anthony Summers and Robbyn Swan - My response to their enquiries - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

'Looking for Madeleine' by Anthony Summers and Robbyn Swan - My response to their enquiries - Page 2 Mm11

'Looking for Madeleine' by Anthony Summers and Robbyn Swan - My response to their enquiries - Page 2 Regist10

'Looking for Madeleine' by Anthony Summers and Robbyn Swan - My response to their enquiries

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Summers' and Swan's book - the 'definitive' account of the Madeleine McCann case?

'Looking for Madeleine' by Anthony Summers and Robbyn Swan - My response to their enquiries - Page 2 Vote_lcap1%'Looking for Madeleine' by Anthony Summers and Robbyn Swan - My response to their enquiries - Page 2 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
'Looking for Madeleine' by Anthony Summers and Robbyn Swan - My response to their enquiries - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%'Looking for Madeleine' by Anthony Summers and Robbyn Swan - My response to their enquiries - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
'Looking for Madeleine' by Anthony Summers and Robbyn Swan - My response to their enquiries - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%'Looking for Madeleine' by Anthony Summers and Robbyn Swan - My response to their enquiries - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 8 ]
'Looking for Madeleine' by Anthony Summers and Robbyn Swan - My response to their enquiries - Page 2 Vote_lcap31%'Looking for Madeleine' by Anthony Summers and Robbyn Swan - My response to their enquiries - Page 2 Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 32 ]
'Looking for Madeleine' by Anthony Summers and Robbyn Swan - My response to their enquiries - Page 2 Vote_lcap60%'Looking for Madeleine' by Anthony Summers and Robbyn Swan - My response to their enquiries - Page 2 Vote_rcap 60% 
[ 61 ]

Total Votes : 102

'Looking for Madeleine' by Anthony Summers and Robbyn Swan - My response to their enquiries - Page 2 Empty Re: 'Looking for Madeleine' by Anthony Summers and Robbyn Swan - My response to their enquiries

Post by Angelique 28.07.14 12:33

ChippyM wrote:
So they approach Tony who has obviously done a lot of good research and digging on the case then Pat Brown and Joana Morais who are bloggers who are pretty high profile amongst the people that follow this case....but none of them have access to anything more than the published files.

It's strange they don't seem to have approached someone like Amaral who actually worked the case and has seen much more information than anyone else isn't it?  nah 

I have to agree that these authors probably approached sceptics in the hope they would slip up by saying something defamatory or taking their words out of context.

Bolded bit.

Yes I agree with this I just didn't want to mention it (the defamatory bit) because of CR and money being a bit tight at the moment in certain quarters.

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

'Looking for Madeleine' by Anthony Summers and Robbyn Swan - My response to their enquiries - Page 2 Empty Re: 'Looking for Madeleine' by Anthony Summers and Robbyn Swan - My response to their enquiries

Post by aiyoyo 28.07.14 12:36

Parents Gerry and Kate McCann, however, have never given up the search for Madeleine. They blitzed the media, hired private detectives, kept the case in the public eye.

Damn right there - spin and manipulation. People need to be reminded of the mcs tactics.

Speculation that the McCanns played a role in their daughter's fate, the authors demonstrate, is unfounded.

So it is just the authors subjective view, nothing else.

Scotland Yard's 'investigative review', ordered by the Prime Minister and begun in 2011, identified some 200 potential leads.

He took newspapers story at face value and this is a guy that says his book is an objective account ...hmm?

The Yard's suspects have included a mystery paedophile who preyed on other British children. The Detective Chief Inspector heading the probe has said the little girl may still be alive.

He must think Redwood's digging expedition was a fanfare, and not that he was looking for a body.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 28.07.14 12:44

[quote="chippyM]
So they approach Tony who has obviously done a lot of good research and digging on the case then Pat Brown and Joana Morais who are bloggers who are pretty high profile amongst the people that follow this case....but none of them have access to anything more than the published files.

[/quote]

Same can be said of the husband and wife authors isn't it? Apart from having interviewed some mccanns?

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.07.14 12:47

I'd love to know which of the upright and honest pillars of the community members of the McCann family were interviewed.

It's hard to see what relevance their testimony would have anyway (even if they were truthful) as they weren't there.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 28.07.14 12:58

Likely Gerry and Kate, but told not to name them.

Same tactic CM used -- source close to mccanns, some mccanns - could be anything really.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 28.07.14 13:06

Speculation that the McCanns played a role in their daughter's fate, the authors demonstrate, is unfounded.

So it is just the authors subjective view, nothing else.

Quite right aiyoyo, although I hope the authors take into account the danger to Madeleine with the promotion of her eye defect which has been called a coloboma by her father and a bit of a fleck by her mother. Perhaps the authors consider this high risk and potentially lethal strategy well within the bounds of reasonable marketing. Madeleine's father does.

'Looking for Madeleine' by Anthony Summers and Robbyn Swan - My response to their enquiries - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTYI9JS4FRV8M_7_dAkxLfle6F66BqibbLg4OtoVa0Ewiv8y5E

There's no need to speculate on the role the McCanns played in Madeleine's fete though. What with good quality wristbands and a host of products in an online store (paid for by the general public) and a media spokesperson advocating sending money in an envelope to Rothley (it'll get there).

'Looking for Madeleine' by Anthony Summers and Robbyn Swan - My response to their enquiries - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJ_efMCDkVbfgNel1VpcdFAWJ_acp852nTOSsw27n8JYPAHhXo

'Looking for Madeleine' by Anthony Summers and Robbyn Swan - My response to their enquiries - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6E41wwEA02RM-siJ2zU5WY11B5gmfJywOPfsCjcZFlzZq504j

'Looking for Madeleine' by Anthony Summers and Robbyn Swan - My response to their enquiries - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRghMsZh-ouWv7RaaBmJnpbs0JaP0-3CupNh_1QFotCmZQeUAG5

'Looking for Madeleine' by Anthony Summers and Robbyn Swan - My response to their enquiries - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTf0TkZxefXEchSiQlYMp0BCZ_iJLAmLrIndlOdNJLymRJFyXkM
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13369

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 28.07.14 13:10

aiyoyo wrote:

Thanks Angelique for the link. It's a short piece so I thought I will post it up

SATURDAY, JULY 26, 2014
Why I knew Anthony Summers' Book on the Madeleine McCann Case would be Pro-McCann

I tossed out a short bit recently on Facebook and Twitter about how I was pretty sure Anthony Summers' upcoming book Looking for Madeleine due out in September would be a very pro-McCann book and I heard back from some that they held out hope that the book would bring out the facts and not be another whitewash of the evidence. I didn't explain in depth exactly why I thought this book was going to be one more nail in the coffin in the fight for truth and justice - for Madeleine McCann, Gonçalo Amaral, and everyone who has stuck their neck out - why I thought that this was yet another sign of the end days for this sad case which I predict will have Scotland Yard not far behind with their own final whitewash.

Here is why I profiled Mr. Summers and his book (co-authored with his wife, Robbyn Swan) as a pro-McCann piece of propaganda and not at all a well-researched and even-handed book on the case.

1) Mr. Summers emailed me for permission to use some quotes from my blogs in his book. The quotes were the kind that could easily be used out of context to show me as a conspiracy nut.

2) If Mr. Summers was truly doing in-depth research on the case and "in-depth interviews" as is claimed in this Amazon blurb, why did he never do an in-depth interview with me? I am not trying to say I am vastly important and how dare he ignore me, but I would think any author worth their salt would interview a well-known profiler who has written numerous blogs on the case, who has written a book that was Carter-rucked by the McCanns, and who has actually gone to Portugal to "look for Madeleine." But, no, he only emailed me just before the final copy went to print to ask me about a few quotes.

3) He interviewed some McCanns (not sure which ones).

4) He didn't interview Gonçalo Amaral.

5) He got a big publisher and his book is being published in the UK. If that isn't enough of a red flag, you are bloody well blind! Read: No fear of being Carter-Rucked!

6) What interesting timing......

Anyway, I asked Mr. Summers a few questions and he refused to give me a straight answer. I had the sickening feeling my suspicions were going to be well-founded.

And today I read the description of the book at Amazon.co. uk. There was the proof I profiled him and his book correctly.

Sadly, I think this book is going to get a lot of positive media attention. The man and his wife can write and their skill is going to convince people who read the book that the McCanns are innocent and an abduction actually  happened. He is touting the party line and the McCanns will surely back the book as, finally, they have "award-winning authors Anthony Summers and Robbyn Swan" producing "the first independent, objective account of the case."

My foot.

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown

July 26, 2014

Says there he has interviewed some Mccanns; that tells you it can only be a pro-mcs and probably endorsed by the Mccanns.  It would be interesting to see whether he dedicates front page to Mccanns to have their foreword.

Won't surprise me if he rides on the back of Mccanns name to attract readers.
Maddie's case has been done to death in the media, with also quite a few books by varies authors already in the market.  What makes him believed his book is going to attract the numbers, unless he's the full endorsement of Mccanns, making his book the only one writte with mccanns endorsement in the market.  
In a nutshell, he's only the extended mouth of Kate telling Kate's story.  

Terming it as objective account isn't accurate when only one side (the mccanns side) is interviewed.
How can a one-sided thing be called objective?

He should, at the very least interview, Amaral and even PeterMac to get an insight into the working of investigations then only he can quantify his objectiveness.

Imo the purpose of the book is to exonerate the McCanns. There is no ambiguity in the blurb:
"The Portuguese police probe ran into a dead end. Parents Gerry and Kate McCann, however, have never given up the search for Madeleine. They blitzed the media, hired private detectives, kept the case in the public eye. Speculation that the McCanns played a role in their daughter's fate, the authors demonstrate, is unfounded".
We just have to wait and see how they go about demonstrating their 'thesis'.
I agree with Pat Brown; it will be strictly pro-McCann and imo - as I believe PB has previously speculated - there's a strong likelihood it's  been commissioned (Team McCann or ally). Clarence Mitchell won't be making his usual statement to the press castigating the authors for "profiting from the tragedy of a child". On the contrary, the book will be hailed as helping 'the search' find that missing piece of the jigsaw and the elusive key. And of course a, 'told you so' to the doubters, something Kate McCann's book failed to do. 
The publication of Kate McCann's book was timed to coincide with David Cameron's announcement of a review and enabled her to get her 'version of the truth' in before the review began. The authors have chosen to publish their 'version of the truth' at a time when there are two on-going criminal investigations - UK and Portugal - into Madeleine's disappearance, as well as a libel trial in Portugal. That's no coincidence. Imo the publication is timed to coincide with the end of the investigation and the libel trial.
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 28.07.14 13:15

They more than played a role in her fate, they were responsible for her disappearance, they left her alone then didn't bother to search during the critical hours.

Marketing her eye defect can be considered played a role in their daughter's fate because that endangers her. If there was an abductor he would have to kill her because of her parents stupid behaviour.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 28.07.14 13:36

tasprin wrote:. Imo the publication is timed to coincide with the end of the investigation and the libel trial.

Post expensive digs with all the gears, logistics and resources, it would be foolish to expect readers to buy the story Madeleine may still be alive and her parents played no part in her fate blah blah blah.

It may be a case of Publisher having paid them an advance and felt it wise to release ahead of the Libel verdict in case the verdict spoils the circulation hence profit.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Justformaddie 28.07.14 13:55

Hmm, IMO they must believe Eddie and Keela are unreliable too. Oh, not just one spot, several, and all related to the mcs and no one else, oh yes, one piece of clothing belonging to one of their holidaying friend which was printed and whooshed as fast as lighting. Now, how could that be? IMO

Activity : 541

Back to top Go down

Post by cockerspaniel 28.07.14 14:14

Looks to me like just another couple of people out to make money of the back of a poor missing child. so so sad  sad1

Activity : 227

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 28.07.14 14:23

I am waiting to see if they spell out the scenario

Each book has a special holder in the spine, in which is a pencil.
"St Katherine went into the children's bedroom.
There she saw at once that the curtains were wide open / tight closed (Please now take the pencil provided, and delete whichever you do not agree with)
As she stood still in absolute horror / charged round the apartment  (delete whichever you do not agree with)
the door slammed / did not slam  (delete whichever you do not agree with)
The curtains then whooshed up in a second sudden Force 5 breeze / remained firmly tucked behind the bed and wicker chair - see photo (delete whichever you do not agree with)

You may end up with a "Version of the Truth" but it may be totally different from St Katherine's version.

The above gives 16 possible scenarios already
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16581

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 28.07.14 14:37

-----------------------------------------------------------

So, presumeably, the authors HAVE 'demonstrated' to the 38 strong, solely dedicated, elite, experienced, dectectives at Operation Strange that the McCanns did NOT 'play a role' in their daughter's 'fate' and that 'speculation' that they did, is totally 'unfounded'.

And also, presumeably, DCI Redwood would also like to know, how the 'author' can 'demostrate' to him and the 'team' the unfounded speculation that the McCanns were not 'involved' in their daughter's 'disappearance' despite there being absolutely no 'evidence' to eliminate them from 'involvement'

Unless, of course, the McCanns have only TOLD the 'author' they weren't 'involved'!

Now, THAT'S a whole, different 'story'!

jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 28.07.14 14:45

jeanmonroe wrote:Speculation that the McCanns played a role in their daughter's fate, the authors demonstrate, is unfounded.
-----------------------------------------------------------

So, presumeably, the authors HAVE 'demonstrated' to the 38 strong, solely dedicated, elite, experienced, dectectives at Operation Strange that the McCanns did NOT 'play a role' in their daughter's 'fate' and that 'speculation' that they did, is totally 'unfounded'.

And also, presumeably, DCI Redwood would also like to know, how the 'author' can 'demostrate' to him and the 'team' the unfounded speculation that the McCanns were not 'involved' in their daughter's 'disappearance' despite there being absolutely no 'evidence' to eliminate them from 'involvement'

Unless, of course, the McCanns have only TOLD the 'author' they weren't 'involved'!

Now, THAT'S a whole, different 'story'!

Ms Martorell at Tony's contempt of court trial admitted she hadn't read Kate's bewk. Martorell admitted in open court she was told it was abduction by her clients the McCanns.

I wonder how many of the Carter Ruck team have read Goncalo Amaral's book?

I doubt Carter Ruck need to bother their heads with reading this latest pro McCann stuff....just as they didn't need to read 'madeleine by KATE MCCANN'
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13369

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 28.07.14 15:10

I wonder how many of the Carter Ruck team have read Goncalo Amaral's book?
----------------------------------------------------------
HERE'S ONE WHO DIDN'T!

"She, Isabel Martorell, also admits, in the High Court, that she has NOT READ Mr Amaral’s book “The Truth of the Lie.”

(I imagine the McCanns TOLD her what was in it, and she unswervingly BELIEVED them, no questions asked! )
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 28.07.14 15:28

PeterMac wrote:I am waiting to see if they spell out the scenario

There she saw at once that the curtains were wide open / tight closed (Please now take the pencil provided, and delete whichever you do not agree with)
As she stood still in absolute horror / charged round the apartment  (delete whichever you do not agree with)
The curtains then whooshed up in a second sudden Force 5 breeze / remained firmly tucked behind the bed and wicker chair - see photo (delete whichever you do not agree with)

You may end up with a "Version of the Truth" but it may be totally different from St Katherine's version.

Of course they won't have a clue on the truth of the matter because their book is based on hear say.
They heard mcs version of the truth (likely directly from the horses' mouth), and that is good enough for them.
Mr & Mrs Summers write book to make money.
Had they written it any other way, critical or skeptical of the mcs, no publisher will touch it.
Plus they know they risk being sued.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 28.07.14 16:08

aiyoyo wrote:

Of course they won't have a clue  on the truth of the matter because their book is based on hear say.
They heard mcs version of the truth (likely directly from the horses' mouth), and that is good enough for them.
Mr & Mrs Summers write book to make money.
Had they written it any other way, critical or skeptical of the mcs, no publisher will touch it.
Plus they know they risk being sued.

That's a great idea PM!  A multiple choice book which will have different endings. At last the Interactive  Truth  Game!
It reminds me of an RI exam as taught in certain schools:
Question 1:   Jesus was born in:

Bethlehem. 3%
Catford. (The location of the school). 90%
Egypt  7%
True story btw.  laughat 

The distance between the Tapas Bar and 5a was:

49.5 meters
2 miles
Five steps (largish)
102 yards
3 leagues
A nautical mile
None (space time continuum)
Back garden average (N. England)

Etc. on the basis of the 16 curtain variables and assuming that no more than 16 variations on a given subject will occur, a prize could be given for the narrative with the least number of contradictions.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 28.07.14 16:34

If Swan & Summers are intent on exonerating the McCanns, their tome may prove to be as useful to the prosecution as Exhibit KH1, PeterM

ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 28.07.14 16:44

tigger

Enormous fun - thank you I needed to laugh just then  big grin 

A prize could be offered - perhaps a free pass at a chosen Creche?

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 28.07.14 16:46

ultimaThule wrote:
If Swan & Summers are intent on exonerating the McCanns, their tome may prove to be as useful to the prosecution as Exhibit KH1, PeterM
Well quite.
I wonder if TM have considered that possibility.
Also that "Fair Comment" on the book has to be allowed, (see below) which therefore involves people being able to say things publicly which under other (C-R) circumstances they might have been reticent about doing.

Stirring a hornets nest ?
Turning over cans of worms ?

I have to say I do not think they are being well advised by their various lawyers. Nor by Mitchell.

Diplock J in Silkin v. Beaverbrook Newspapers Ltd. and Another [1958] 1 WLR 743, Tab 5, at 749:
“Would a fair-minded man holding strong views, obstinate views, prejudiced views, have been capable of making this comment? If the answer to that is yes, then your verdict in this case should be a verdict for the defendants. …

(Incidentally I was once served sandwiches by Diplock LJ. Tiny little man with a massive intellect.)
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret 28.07.14 19:31

MRNOODLES wrote:http://www.fishpond.co.uk/Books/Looking-for-Madeleine-Anthony-Summers-Robbyn-Swan/9781472211606

I had high hopes for this book because I've read other Anthony Summers books and found them to be full of facts and in the case of Marilyn Monroe's quite controversial. His was the first book (l believe) to state that Marilyn was taken earlier the night she died to a hospital and had her stomach pumped, he had even found and interviewed the ambulance attendant(s) - now this information seems to be now taken as fact as l have seen it mentioned recently in an 'Autopsy' programme.

I did vote 3 but if the vote could be changed to 5 that would be great.

It seems Anthony Summers has sold his reputation out for money. Although, the book is called 'the search for Madeleine' and it's not billed to be an investigation into the facts surrounding the case. Clever.
margaret
margaret

Activity : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by sar 28.07.14 21:18

I'd love the book to be like an "adventure game book"  Used to love them, 

Do you:

A: Admit what happened and take the wrap?  [Turn to page 73]

B: Carry out a dastardly series of deceits to full the "Great British Public" [ Turn to page 224]

C: Try to entrap a dead p*file [ Turn to page 180]

D: Carry with the charade on hoping it will all blow over 

[ Roll a six sided dice - If you roll a 1-3 the media, public, judiciary and police are fooled! Well done, a career in the media as charity ambassador awaits!

Roll a 4-6 and you fail!  A cold jail cell at Her Majesty's Pleasure awaits]
sar

Activity : 1680

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 28.07.14 21:24

I don't suppose this could be a trick of sentence construction, designed to make us believe, at first glance, that the authors are demonstrating that the idea that the McCanns played a role in Madeleine's fate is unfounded.

If you look at the sentence again, what it actually says is that the "speculation" is unfounded.

In other words, the act of speculating is unfounded. The authors may very well have come to a solid conclusion, as opposed to a speculation, and the solid conclusion may be just the opposite of what they're stating the speculation might be.
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 28.07.14 22:03

canada12 wrote:
In other words, the act of speculating is unfounded. The authors may very well have come to a solid conclusion, as opposed to a speculation, and the solid conclusion may be just the opposite of what they're stating the speculation might be.

I think you may be committing the offence of attributing more intelligence and intellectual acumen and wit to the authors then they may deserve !
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 28.07.14 22:08

PeterMac wrote:
canada12 wrote:

I think you may be committing the offence of attributing more intelligence and intellectual acumen and wit to the authors then they may deserve !

Damn. Just trying to be optimistic.
To hell with that idea then. :-)
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top