The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!


Matt Baggott at Leveson

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Matt Baggott at Leveson

Post by Lance De Boils on 03.09.14 16:22

Matthew Baggott was Chief Constable of Leicester Constabulary at the time of Madeleine's disappearance. He gave evidence at the Leveson Inquiry.

Below are parts of his evidence (only bits relating directly to this case.)

From written statement:

50. The Inquiry understands that you were Chief Constable at the time when Madeleine McCann was abducted in Portugal. The Inquiry is interested to know how relationships with the media, both local and national, worked during this time. Were changes in procedures made as a result of the very large amount of media interest in the story? Was pressure put on your personnel by the media? Are you aware of any personnel leaking information to the media at this time, and if so, was disciplinary action taken? wrote: wrote:

The investigation into Madeleine McCann’s disappearance began on 3 May 2007 by the Portuguese Authorities. On 4 May 2007, Leicestershire Constabulary took up a liaison role with the Portuguese Police to assist them in their enquiries. On 8 May 2007 Leicestershire Constabulary was asked to co-ordinate the UK response to assist the Portuguese enquiry on behalf of the UK Government and Association of Chief Police Officers. The Gold Strategy set on this date established that it was a Portuguese-led enquiry and that all actions would comply with requirements of Portuguese law including their Judicial Secrecy Act.

As a result of this strategy, apart from one press  conference, which was requested by the Portuguese authorities, Leicestershire Constabulary made no comment to the media in relation to the investigation and strict information security was applied to ensure that the rights of all parties and the interests of the Portuguese Police were protected. However, Leicestershire Constabulary did respond to media enquiries over our role in the investigation in confirming details that were subject of public record. This included the number of officers in various roles and the financial cost of our involvement.

Due to the unprecedented media interest in the UK, a co-ordination group was set up on behalf of law enforcement agencies and  government departments to coordinate the media interaction and ensure that a consistent stance was taken. This co-ordinating group was chaired by the Head of Corporate Communications from Leicestershire Constabulary. That group has continued to meet as required since 2007.

Throughout the enquiry there was intense local, national and international media interest and speculation over every element of the investigation. Leicestershire Constabulary received 53 FOI requests, one of which was repeated on 15 occasions, many of which came from the media. As a direct result of this and the impact that it was having on the investigation Leicestershire Constabulary developed a Freedom of Information Publication Strategy. This provided clarity about what information would be published, and at what time and to minimise the number of requests made. The fact that we developed this publication strategy became a national news story in itself.

The intense media interest meant that thousands of sightings were generated world-wide many of which were reported to Leicestershire Constabulary - each needing operational time to properly address. The Portuguese authorities informed us that this was directing attention away from their core lines of enquiries.

Due to the vast quantity of local, national and international media that descended on the village of Rothley, Leicestershire, where the McCann family live, a large policing operation had to take place to ensure that villagers were able to go about their daily business. We did have complaints from local residents about the media’s behaviour.

Whenever any event took place in Leicestershire relating to the investigation this again attracted huge interest to the extent that specific policing arrangements had to be made with the local airport, hotels and venues for the meetings to ensure there was no intrusion from the media.

Due to the thirst for information from the media, every individual working in Leicestershire supporting the Portuguese investigation signed a confidentiality agreement. Messages were also disseminated to all staff to make them aware that even private conversations with friends could be reported on in the media.

In the Autumn of 2007 there was extensive conjecture about the investigation which led me to write to all editors on two occasions (copies attached) imploring them not to speculate around the investigation because of the implications it may have for the enquiry. On each occasion I emphasised the importance of focusing in on the search for Madeleine rather than any other issue. As a result of continued
conjecture by one Sunday paper Leicestershire Constabulary filed a complaint with the Press Complaints Commission. The outcome was that the paper in question agreed to make a note on their file.

During the investigation the media quoted, who they claimed to be, unnamed Leicestershire police sources. These comments reported by the media bore little resemblance to the facts. However, Leicestershire Constabulary did conduct an enquiry to establish if any police employee could be identified as leaking information to the media. No such person was identified.

Although I am no longer Chief Constable of Leicestershire Constabulary, I am informed that almost five years on there is still speculation within some news media about Madeleine’s disappearance and that a number of groundless assertions continue to be made about the enquiry and the actions taken by Leicestershire Constabulary, UK Law Enforcement and the Police Judicaria.
avatar
Lance De Boils

Posts : 806
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2011-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Baggott at Leveson

Post by Lance De Boils on 03.09.14 16:34

From transcript of oral evidence:


  • Lord Justice Leveson  
    Could I take you away from Northern Ireland for a moment, because it's on this very point that I'd be very grateful for your help, and I'm sorry if you've not received notice of this, because it's only when I noticed Leicestershire that it came back to me.

  • Mr Baggott  
    Yes.

  • Lord Justice Leveson  
    I heard evidence from a gentleman called Jerry Lawton, who spoke about part of the McCann inquiry, and I won't talk about what he was responsible for publishing, that's another matter entirely, but he raised a criticism, or I'm going to call it a concern, that the Portuguese police were leaking information about the results of their DNA work through the UK, which implicated or was said to implicate the Drs McCann with the hire car -- you'll know the point.

  • Mr Baggott  
    (Nods head).

  • Lord Justice Leveson  
    And it later of course transpired the results didn't prove that at all. He was saying the Leicestershire police knew perfectly well that the results didn't demonstrate that and therefore, really, this was an ideal opportunity off the record, unattributably, to say, "Don't go there. This rumour, this leak, if it is a leak, simply is not right."
    Now, it's a unique situation which will probably never happen again, and I'm very conscious that it won't necessarily help me in resolving the issues I have to resolve, I recognise that, but given that you're here, I have been concerned that the Leicestershire police haven't had the chance to answer that.

  • Mr Baggott  
    Thank you.

  • Lord Justice Leveson  
    If you can, I'd be interested. If you say, "I think I should but I'd like to go back and think about it first", I'm very comfortable for you to do whatever you think is best.

  • Mr Baggott  
    Thank you, sir, for the opportunity to answer that. I do acknowledge, as you say, the uniqueness of that very difficult and sensitive and ongoing inquiry, and in relation to some of the difficulties faced by the press in dealing with a foreign jurisdiction.
    But as a chief constable at the time, there were a number of I think very serious considerations. One for me, and the Gold Group who were running the investigation, which was a UK effort, was very much a respect for the primacy of the Portuguese investigation. We were not in the lead in relation to their investigative strategy. We were merely dealing with enquiries at the request of the Portuguese and managing the very real issues of the local dimension of media handling, so we were not in control of the detail or the facts or where that was going.
    I think the second issue was there was an issue, if I recall, of Portuguese law. Their own judicial secrecy laws. I think it would have been utterly wrong to have somehow in an off the record way have breached what was a very clear legal requirement upon the Portuguese themselves.
    There were two issues for me which really focused around the integrity of their investigation and maintained the integrity of our response.
    There was also an issue for us of maintaining a very positive relationship with the Portuguese authorities themselves. I think this was an unprecedented inquiry in relation to Portugal. The media interest, their own reaction to that. And having a very positive relationship of confidence with the Portuguese authorities I think was a precursor to eventually and hopefully one day successfully resolving what happened to that poor child.
    So the relationship of trust and confidence would have been undermined if we had gone off the record in some way or tried to put the record straight, contrary to the way in which the Portuguese law was configured and their own leadership of that.
    We wanted to focus the media away from the speculation and the unfairness of that and into the search for Madeleine.
    So there was a number of complex things running at the same time, but even with the benefit of hindsight, sir, I'm still convinced we did the right thing and I think integrity and confidence, particularly with the Portuguese, featured very highly in our decision-making at that time.

  • Lord Justice Leveson  
    All right. I wanted to give you --

  • Mr Baggott  
    Thank you, sir.

  • Lord Justice Leveson  
    -- now I'd made the link, the chance to deal with it.

  • Mr Baggott  
    Thank you.

  • Ms Boon  
    Mr Baggott I would like to take you back to what you say in your statement about the McCann investigation but just before I do, if I can ask you about the question of leaks. You say in your statement that you take unauthorised disclosures of information very seriously.

  • Mr Baggott  
    Yes.




...cut to later in the hearing...



  • Ms Boon  
    I said that I would return to the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, Mr Baggott. You deal with this at question 50 of your statement. That's at page 55407. There are two paragraphs I believe you've already covered, setting out that it was a Portuguese-led inquiry.

  • Mr Baggott  
    Yes.
  • Ms Boon  

    And a decision was made at an early stage that you would comply, or the police in this country would comply with the requirements of Portuguese law, including the Judicial Secrecy Act.

  • Mr Baggott  
    Yes.

  • Ms Boon  
    Over the page on 55408, internal numbering 24, third paragraph down:
    "Due to the vast quantity of local, national and international media that descended on the village of Rothley, Leicestershire, where the McCann family live, a large policing operation had to take place to ensure that villagers were able to go about their daily business. We did have complaints from local residents about the media's behaviour."
    I wanted to ask you what those complaints entailed, what they were about?

  • Mr Baggott  
    I think there was a variety of complaint around disruption to daily life, which was caused by a large international media descending for the long term and the disruption that caused to people's business.
    Secondly, if I recall, the intrusiveness of asking residents about their thoughts and what had happened, and a degree of speculation. So it was not only a physical presence and the requirement of having to preserve people's quality of life, but on the other hand the media in going and asking questions.

  • Ms Boon  
    You wrote a letter to editors that's at tab 10 of our bundle, 55383. Amongst who was this circulated, this letter?

  • Mr Baggott  
    If I recall, this went to all the prominent editors. I can provide, I'm sure, a written record of who it went to, if you should so choose.

  • Lord Justice Leveson  
    Don't we need to go to the next one first, because it's chronologically first in time?

  • Ms Boon  
    It is, sir, that's quite right. The first one is page 55384, tab 11.

  • Mr Baggott  
    Thank you.

  • Ms Boon  
    "Since the beginning of May 2007 my force, Leicestershire Constabulary, has had the responsibility for co-ordinating the UK law enforcement response to Madeleine McCann's disappearance. As the Chief Constable I have become increasingly concerned regarding the continued speculation and rumour surrounding this investigation, hence this exceptional request of you.
    "I would be most grateful if you could ensure restraint in reporting on the case while the Portuguese authorities complete their inquiries and conclude their judicial processes. Over recent weeks I have been surprised at the reporting of some alleged facts that, as far as I am aware, bear little relation to the evidence. I am deeply concerned at the implications that this may have for all involved.
    "Recent reports have quoted anonymous Leicestershire police sources. I am confident that the very few officers who know the detail of the inquiry have not and will not divulge confidential detail to the media, nor do they brief others who have provided specialist assistance or who have a legitimate interest in the inquiry.
    "I know you will appreciate that the implications of Portuguese judicial secrecy mean that we are not in a position to release information, brief the press on the investigation's progress, or confirm or deny any specifics relating to the case.
    "At the heart of this inquiry is an innocent little girl who went missing on 3 May. Our focus remains on doing everything in our power to assist the judicial police and the Portuguese authorities to find out what has happened to Madeleine."
    I won't read out the letter on 8 October, but that's a repeat of that request, is it?

  • Mr Baggott  
    Yes.

  • Ms Boon  
    What response, if any, or reaction did you get to those letters?

  • Mr Baggott  
    If I recall, there was one complaint made to the Press Complaints Commission, which resulted in a noting of the file, but the speculation did continue in spite of the first letter, and then I felt obliged to write the second letter, again appealing to the better nature of the media and to understand the complexity of this situation. So I think the fact that I wrote two letters is indicative of itself of the concerns of the UK effort to try and find Madeleine.

  • Lord Justice Leveson  
    Ms Boon's question was what reaction did you get to these letters?

  • Ms Boon  
    Yes.

  • Mr Baggott  
    Not hugely positive, because the speculation continued.

  • Lord Justice Leveson  
    And you say you filed a complaint to the Press Complaints Commission. Would Leicestershire have that, both the complaint and their response?

  • Mr Baggott  
    I think we could provide it, sir. I shall make inquiries if that's what you wish.

  • Lord Justice Leveson  
    I would like to see how the Press Complaints Commission dealt in writing with the complaint you made, if that's not inconvenient.

  • Mr Baggott  
    Certainly, sir.

  • Lord Justice Leveson  
    Thank you.

  • Ms Boon  
    I have been asked by a core participant to ask you whether you felt that you had the necessary tools to prevent or at least object to the misreporting in the press about Madeleine's disappearance and Leicestershire police's involvement.

  • Mr Baggott  
    I think there could have been a greater voice or a greater authority to explain the boundaries of what that press reporting should have been. The difficulty I think there is with this is it involves a European dimension as well as a national one, in which case -- but I think there could be some stronger guidelines and consequences.
    That said, without going into the detail, I am aware that there were civil proceedings taken in the following months, which by themselves exercised a degree of constraint and control over the reporting.

  • Lord Justice Leveson  
    Yes. The problem is: is that good enough? Because it may be that the Drs McCann can recover damages, but to such extent as damage has been done, the damage has been done.

  • Mr Baggott  
    I think in this particular case, sir, the speculation, if it had been a UK court, may well have undermined the fairness of subsequent proceedings against whoever was charged with that offence, and secondly, it certainly hindered the inquiries to find and trace Madeleine simply because of the reaction that came from the media speculation.

  • Ms Boon  
    I've also been asked by a core participant to ask you about the confidentiality agreement that you asked officers to sign. Do you feel that the signing of the confidentiality agreement added anything, because of course the people who were working for the investigation were already bound by a duty of confidence?

  • Mr Baggott  
    The confidentiality agreement, just to give context, was something that was put together by the Gold Group who were running the inquiry as part of the UK effort, not by myself as chief constable.

  • Ms Boon  
    Right.

  • Mr Baggott  
    But my opinion would be it was a very good and a very clear way of asserting the seriousness of confidentiality, and also would give some degree of lever over the individual's behaviour and point out the consequences should they subsequently breach it, which I think would fit certainly today within the code of ethics.
    Also there were other measures taken, which was the security of the investigative team itself and where information was actually held and who had that securely. So it wasn't just the confidentiality agreement by itself, it was other defensive measures to make sure that information was used wisely and only in the appropriate way.
    But I do think the confidentiality agreement is in unique and exceptional circumstances a good way of making sure that the seriousness of the correct use of information is understood, but also there is a consequence should an individual decide to leak it subsequently.

  • Ms Boon  
    That's a way of focusing the officers' mind on the confidentiality --

  • Mr Baggott  
    I think that's right.

  • Ms Boon  
    -- the particular sensitivity, their particular obligation. The obligation applies always, but to remind them in that instance how important it is?

  • Mr Baggott  
    It certainly is going the extra mile and I think it was a good thing to do.

  • Lord Justice Leveson  
    It's not just how important it is, because it always is, but it also applies notwithstanding this is not a UK investigation.

  • Mr Baggott  
    Yes.

  • Ms Boon  
    Yes. Would there be any lessons learned from your experience dealing with that investigation that you would wish to share with the inquiry or have you covered everything that you wanted to say about it?

  • Mr Baggott  
    I think the inquiry is ongoing. I think probably the lesson to be learnt is probably a greater understanding of the complexity and consequences of speculation and loose reporting of facts. And I think that's a serious issue for the press to consider, because in the PSNI I have an obligation under the Human Rights Act across the whole course of the human rights. I don't think some of this speculation was either necessary, it clearly wasn't on the boundaries of legality in relation to the subsequent proceedings. It certainly wasn't practical and it certainly wasn't proportionate.
    I think sometimes there is a useful human rights template to apply to how the press use information. In this particular case, I think a greater understanding of consequence would have been appropriate.


http://leveson.sayit.mysociety.org/hearing-28-march-2012/mr-matthew-baggott-ms-elizabeth-young#s61321
avatar
Lance De Boils

Posts : 806
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2011-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Baggott at Leveson

Post by PeterMac on 03.09.14 17:43

During the investigation the media quoted, who they claimed to be, unnamed Leicestershire police sources. These comments reported by the media bore little resemblance to the facts. However, Leicestershire Constabulary did conduct an enquiry to establish if any police employee could be identified as leaking information to the media. No such person was identified.
No prizes there !

____________________

avatar
PeterMac
Investigator

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 177
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Baggott at Leveson

Post by aquila on 03.09.14 20:32

A unique confidentiality agreement was drawn up by Gold Group, the investigative arm of the case as it is explained. This confidentiality agreement was also applied to officers in Leicester Police whose brief was quite different.

I'd like to know a few things in respect of this (and maybe this was addressed in the Leveson Inquiry and I missed it so apologies in advance).

Whilst I can see a plausible reason for its unique introduction it's not entirely clear as to whom it applied. It would be interesting to know the following imo.

1. Is the text of this confidentiality agreement subject to FOI?

2. How many officers within Leicester Police and Gold Group (whoever they are) signed it?

3. Was anyone outside of the Police Service but connected to/involved with the case required to sign it? This is of particular interest as Leicester Police were the liaison team to the McCanns and their spokesperson. Dr. McCann mentioned he was invited to the incident room of LP (is that normal? I don't know).
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8888
Reputation : 1799
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Baggott at Leveson

Post by tigger on 04.09.14 6:57

When I read these outright lies mistaken conclusions by Lord Leveson (who the ....... Is he to declare anyone innocent?) I am at least comforted by the fact (take note LL) that no police force has declared the McCanns innocent, not even the LP.

After the Leveson and the desperate grab at political stardom via Hacked Off by Dr. Gerry his chance of a career in politics and Kate's role as poster girl for lost children seem to have gone forever.

Lord Leveson made in effect a false statement and the McCanns were under oath - I don't understand why LL could catagorically state that the DNA evidence did not implicate the McCanns. Lord Justice Leveson
Quote
I heard evidence from a gentleman called Jerry Lawton, who spoke about part of the McCann inquiry, and I won't talk about what he was responsible for publishing, that's another matter entirely, but he raised a criticism, or I'm going to call it a concern, that the Portuguese police were leaking information about the results of their DNA work through the UK, which implicated or was said to implicate the Drs McCann with the hire car -- you'll know the point.

Mr Baggott
(Nods head).

Lord Justice Leveson
And it later of course transpired the results didn't prove that at all.
He was saying the Leicestershire police knew perfectly well that the results didn't demonstrate that and therefore, really, this was an ideal opportunity off the record, unattributably, to say, "Don't go there. This rumour, this leak, if it is a leak, simply is not right."
Now, it's a unique situation which will probably never happen again, and I'm very conscious that it won't necessarily help me in resolving the issues I have to resolve, I recognise that, but given that you're here, I have been concerned that the Leicestershire police haven't had the chance to answer that.
Unquote

splat

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 50
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Baggott at Leveson

Post by tigger on 05.09.14 11:01

Just bumping this up as Baggot is now all mixed up with Summers et al. Which seems a shame as there is this topic here and due to the title, easy to find in future.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 50
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Baggott at Leveson

Post by Tony Bennett on 05.09.14 11:51

@aquila wrote:A unique confidentiality agreement was drawn up by Gold Group, the investigative arm of the case as it is explained. This confidentiality agreement was also applied to officers in Leicester Police whose brief was quite different.

I'd like to know a few things in respect of this (and maybe this was addressed in the Leveson Inquiry and I missed it so apologies in advance).

Whilst I can see a plausible reason for its unique introduction it's not entirely clear as to whom it applied. It would be interesting to know the following imo.

1. Is the text of this confidentiality agreement subject to FOI?

2. How many officers within Leicester Police and Gold Group (whoever they are) signed it?

3. Was anyone outside of the Police Service but connected to/involved with the case required to sign it? This is of particular interest as Leicester Police were the liaison team to the McCanns and their spokesperson. Dr. McCann mentioned he was invited to the incident room of LP (is that normal? I don't know).
I am one jump ahead of you (for once).

I submitted 12 FoIAct questions on these very matters (and others relating to the 'Co-ordination Group') to Leicestershire Police earlier this morning, link elsewhere on the forum:

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t10243-new-freedom-of-information-act-request-5-sep-2014-to-leicestershire-constabulary-about-the-co-ordination-group-set-up-under-the-chairmanship-of-their-head-of-corporate-communications

____________________

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

avatar
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 14977
Reputation : 3028
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 70
Location : Shropshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Baggott at Leveson

Post by tigger on 08.09.14 9:47

From the post of Lance de Boils (point 50. Leveson enquiry):


Due to the unprecedented media interest in the UK, a co-ordination group was set up on behalf of law enforcement agencies and government departments to coordinate the media interaction and ensure that a consistent stance was taken. This co-ordinating group was chaired by the Head of Corporate Communications from Leicestershire Constabulary. That group has continued to meet as required since 2007.

Throughout the enquiry there was intense local, national and international media interest and speculation over every element of the investigation.,Leicestershire Constabulary received 53 FOI requests one of which was repeated on 15 occasions,  many of which came from the media. As a direct result of this and the impact that it was having on the investigation Leicestershire Constabulary developed a Freedom of Information Publication Strategy. This provided clarity about what information would be published, and at what time and to minimise the number of requests made. The fact that we developed this publication strategy became a national news story in itself.

unquote

As I read it, the group was set up to co-ordinate the media interaction. I really can't see how they would suppress or influence the DNA results or rubbish the CSI dogs.  I think that came from another quarter altogether.
Blair visited the FFS in London, Brown visited Leicester Police. 
Somehow the DNA results weren't expected to be as detrimental to the McCanns as they were. Perhaps they weren't expecting them to be leaked either, which would have been short-sighted but quite possible. The logistics may have played a role as well, it may have been impossible to interfere with the transport and certainly only the PJ collected the samples.

Somehow the FSS was persuaded to issue a second report. Then it was given out that the samples could have been contaminated by the staff, then all the samples were destroyed.
Which is not normal procedure as I understand, samples or parts thereof are retained in case further improvements in DNA detection will reveal more details. Contamination by staff is risible as an excuse. All their DNA is on record to avoid exactly such a situation.
The rogatory letters weren't held up by the co-ordinating group but by the Home Office. Same with further results from DNA which arrived some 9 months later in Portugal.

The good news is that seven years on, DNA can be extracted from a strand of hair without needing the root. As it happens there are several which may be of interest, one from Maddie, and some from both Murat and JT. Up to now only mitochondrial DNA could be extracted.

I think the governmental support for TM was patchy and they made it by the skin of their teeth - so far. nah
Sorry to have gone into the DNA so much but imo the results were interfered with by a body other than LP or the media co-ordinating group.   
Perhaps Lowe will write his memoirs one day.


LP have after all never retracted their statement that one or both of the parents have not been excluded from the case. That statement must have made it through the co-ordination group I would think.

Meanwhile, somebody had already sent 15 FOI requests well over two years ago. Interesting.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 50
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Baggott at Leveson

Post by aiyoyo on 08.09.14 19:37

Tigger wrote:
Perhaps Lowe will write his memoirs one day.

You can bet your bottom dollar S&S never interviewed Lowe for their book.
Neither did they interview TB or PB. They sought PB out not to interview her but to ask her permission to quote her wrote PB in her blog. You got to wonder if S&S read from the fora or someone referred them to PB and TB.

Since cS&S were capable of inventing craps like creaky gate and mummified abductor, expect their book to be filled with more shites, not worth the ink printed on. And the only shock factor of the book ? The mugging price of £29.99!
avatar
aiyoyo

Posts : 9610
Reputation : 324
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Baggott at Leveson

Post by XTC on 08.09.14 22:46

@aiyoyo wrote:
Tigger wrote:
Perhaps Lowe will write his memoirs one day.

You can bet your bottom dollar S&S never interviewed Lowe for their book.
Neither did they interview TB or PB.  They sought PB out not to interview her but to ask her permission to quote her wrote PB in her blog.  You got to wonder if S&S read from the fora or someone referred them to PB and TB.

Since cS&S were capable of inventing craps like creaky gate and mummified abductor, expect their book to be filled with more shites, not worth the ink printed on.  And the only shock factor of the book ? The mugging price of £29.99!
aiyoyo

Quite.

It looks like no-one including the members of the Tapas 9 fancied a fireside chat with S&S.

The only alternative was to read the files ( " I fell asleep at Mr  Payne's uhhming and aahing - or perhaps it was just he cacoa?")

Or " Jerry Lawtons prattling made me throw open the windows for fresh air to gain  new insight "

Or - " I didn't know Mark Williams Thomas was an expert on everything - we must interview this man immediately!" Where shall we find this sage? "

"On Lorraine's sofa came the answer."

On a serious note Levenson was pulling a fast one or he was mis-informed.

Two Reports existed I think. The Preliminary Report and The Final Report.

The first was the one they ( Baggott and Levenson ) were referring to.

If DI Redwood and his team need to review anything review that area.

As far as I know the ultimate reference sample for Madeliene's DNA turned up in September 07. at the FSS.

Both reports ( Preliminary and Final ) appeared before the Heel stick Nuclear DNA was received by the FSS.

Pretty simple I think for exclusion purposes vis The Scenic or other areas where Keela and Eddie indicated to.

Simply test all the known references against Madeleine's Nuclear DNA ( provenanced by the Leicester Hospital ) blood spot
in a cardboard frame and exclude accordingly. Or include if a match or matches are found.

As far as I'm aware this was never done.

DI Redwood and his team should do it.

Unless S&S have beat me to it?

XTC

Posts : 210
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-03-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Baggott at Leveson

Post by tigger on 09.09.14 7:05

@ XTC

Yes the heel prick and Maddie's health records would be the place to start. Should still be possible.


I won't waste time reading the duo's book. Probably timed to come out around the conclusion of the Lisbon trial except that that didn't work out.
Just one more attempt to jump on a bandwagon which is overloaded with such creatures as the Summers. Yawn.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 50
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Baggott at Leveson

Post by Angelique on 09.09.14 8:55

"Just one more attempt to jump on a bandwagon which is overloaded with such creatures as the Summers."

I agree - I think they are too late. IMO they are ditching their credibility for minimul return. Is it the supposed "bright lights" that have attracted them like moths to a flame. Perhaps they feel it's their last chance to take the centre stage. Or maybe........

____________________
Things aren't always what they seem
avatar
Angelique

Posts : 1396
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2010-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum