The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 17 Mm11

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 17 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 17 Mm11

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 17 Regist10

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 17 Empty Re: Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 04.06.14 19:52

They could have dug up anything at this point, but I'm hoping that it's something that will mark the beginning of the end of this whole sorry affair.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Activity : 1327

Back to top Go down

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 17 Empty Re: Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by Guest 04.06.14 19:54

Have they "finished" ?   Has it been announced anywhere ?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 04.06.14 19:55

daffodil wrote:Have they "finished" ?   Has it been announced anywhere ?

Indeed, I suppose they could resume tomorrow, we know very little at this time.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Back to top Go down

Post by jellycat 04.06.14 19:55

have I missed something? can anyone send a link ref tweets please?
jellycat

Activity : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 04.06.14 19:56

Lance De Boils wrote:Could we perhaps have a thread JUST for actual news updates, no discussion?
 :please: 
It's a nightmare wading through so many pages of (occasionally 'off topic') posts, trying to catch up what is actually happening.

Seconded.  thumbup 

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.06.14 19:56

Justformaddie wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
MrsC wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
Please we have some important developments happening.  It looks from tweets that the cops have found what they were looking for imo.  

Bless little Madeleine.  :-(

I have changed my post MrsC, to something is happening, I may be a bit premature with the announcement bit.  Just read the tweets in a hurry and got confused  big grin
Don't know whether to be happy or sad, hard work when feelings are involved! IMO
I have deleted some of that post of mine as I altered the original just a few seconds after posting.   We have to be careful as I made the mistake of reading tweets too quickly and assuming AR had left Praia Da Luz not the scrubland.  Although I do think something of significance is happening judging by those tweets.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.06.14 19:56

jellycat wrote:have I missed something? can anyone send a link ref tweets please?
https://twitter.com/JoshHalliday
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DonNewbery 04.06.14 19:57

They've just finished for tonight, it seems. Which doesn't mean anything. Though it seems also that they have found *something* that needs to be analysed. Again, it could amount to nothing significant.
DonNewbery

Activity : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by juliet 04.06.14 19:58

There seems to be a shrinking away from the story by the media. Nothing on Ch 4 news just now unless I blinked and missed it. A couple of minutes on ITV as the very last item.
juliet
juliet

Activity : 609

Back to top Go down

Post by Justformaddie 04.06.14 20:00

With the forensics and masks IMO I think they've found something important

Activity : 541

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 04.06.14 20:01

To summarise the evening's events, according to Guardian news reporter Josh Halliday, a white tent was erected over the area that they were searching with radar earlier, and digging started inside the tent.  Both the Faro Regional Police Director and Andy Redwood arrived and spoke to detectives.  Redwood was filmed by 3 TV cameras while he stood looking inside the tent.  When Redwood went into the tent, there was about a dozen officers stood outside of the tent.  Then about half an hour ago everyone left the site. (Well, I guess not everyone, I assume the site will remain guarded).
whatliesbehindthesofa

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 04.06.14 20:01

They have extended the search until 13th June - I think it was due to finish on Friday but they have been granted a few extra days.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Varriott 04.06.14 20:02

juliet wrote:There seems to be a shrinking away from the story by the media. Nothing on Ch 4 news just now unless I blinked and missed it. A couple of minutes on ITV  as the very last item.

Remember that Ch 4 has a policy of not reporting on the royal family or crime news.  Good for them, I say.
Varriott
Varriott

Activity : 85

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 04.06.14 20:03

whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:To summarise the evening's events, according to Guardian news reporter Josh Halliday, a white tent was erected over the area that they were searching with radar earlier, and digging started inside the tent.  Both the Faro Regional Police Director and Andy Redwood arrived and spoke to detectives.  Redwood was filmed by 3 TV cameras while he stood looking inside the tent.  When Redwood went into the tent, there was about a dozen officers stood outside of the tent.  Then about half an hour ago everyone left the site.

Thank you.  roses 

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.06.14 20:04

tigger wrote:
whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:To summarise the evening's events, according to Guardian news reporter Josh Halliday, a white tent was erected over the area that they were searching with radar earlier, and digging started inside the tent.  Both the Faro Regional Police Director and Andy Redwood arrived and spoke to detectives.  Redwood was filmed by 3 TV cameras while he stood looking inside the tent.  When Redwood went into the tent, there was about a dozen officers stood outside of the tent.  Then about half an hour ago everyone left the site.

Thank you.  roses 

These tweets about 6 or so tell you what has been going on.

https://twitter.com/JoshHalliday
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.06.14 20:06

The Guardian's latest news reports that the searches will continue throughout the weekend.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jellycat 04.06.14 20:13

Justformaddie wrote:With the forensics and masks IMO I think they've found something important
Seems a good deduction, since they were in police outfits before. BTW thank you Candyfloss for the tweet link.
jellycat

Activity : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Justformaddie 04.06.14 20:16

Apartment 5a bedroom window has a guard over it, well, more like a fancy railing on it.

Back to top Go down

Post by JackieL 04.06.14 20:19

jellycat wrote:
Justformaddie wrote:With the forensics and masks IMO I think they've found something important
Seems a good deduction, since they were in police outfits before. BTW thank you Candyfloss for the tweet link.

Yep.Thanks.  After all this time perhaps.......
JackieL

Activity : 236

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 04.06.14 20:25

breaking on Sky,,, Brit police applying to search for another 7 days [ sounds like from when search was due to end, not 7 days from today]

Sky saying it has not yet been authorised... a bit confusing as I have read that it has been ok'd

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by nomendelta 04.06.14 20:26

The to-ing and fro-ing about whether the McCanns promoted Smithman or not seems quite obvious to me. The Smithman sighting became a focus for McCann sceptics thanks to Amaral's book and various comments, especially in regard to the Smith family's claim they were fairly certain it was Gerry. Like many things that the McCanns have glossed over with flip excuses (rotting meat and nappies in the car, Kate being present at various deaths etc) they had to cover this somehow. IMHO they did so by focusing (erroneously given Redwood's identification of Tannerman) on whatever resemblance they could get to Tannerman.

The fact that SY want to ID Smithman and have NOT claimed him to be the same as their ID of Tannerman is, perhaps, a positive sign that SY is not entirely in cahoots with TM.
nomendelta

Activity : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 04.06.14 20:30

Justformaddie wrote:Apartment 5a bedroom window has a guard over it, well, more like a fancy railing on it.

???? what do you mean

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Justformaddie 04.06.14 20:37

russiandoll wrote:
Justformaddie wrote:Apartment 5a bedroom window has a guard over it, well, more like a fancy railing on it.

???? what do you mean
I seen it on mccann files latest news :)

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 04.06.14 20:40

Justformaddie wrote:
russiandoll wrote:

???? what do you mean
I seen it on mccann files latest news :)

Oh yes, I see what you mean - ornate iron railings are now guarding the window. I wonder what that is about!
whatliesbehindthesofa

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 04.06.14 20:42

Praia wrote:No problem Aiyoyo, the Oceanico one is surrounded by apt's, so where they are now is less over looked.

It is logical that the person disposing a body on foot from 5A would do so at the nearest chanced upon scrubland. His primary concern must be to get rid of the body as quickly as practical and not be having to go miles away to do it; and it would be natural for him to choose a less over looked route to find the nearest scrubland.

I
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top