The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity - Page 16 Mm11

Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity - Page 16 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity - Page 16 Mm11

Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity - Page 16 Regist10

Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Page 16 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity - Page 16 Empty Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by lj 25.05.14 7:09

1soapy wrote:Is it possible to destroy/dispose of a body as well as can be done in a proper cremation? For example, what temperature is required to destroy bone or render it to ashes? Could a body be sliced up so small as to be dispersed in a field or mixed with peat or spread at sea? Would a weighted body dropped somewhere in water be effective? Are there other ways to confidently or effectively dispose of a body, with or without professional people or gadgets? Could any of these or other possibilities be being pursued by authorities in the current search/proposed digging phase? I find it hard to see some of these being done by family and hard to see how the risk of involving others would be taken, though the former seems more likely if performed by someone with the right temperament and a realistic view of what the future might hold if it wasn’t done.

Yes it can, but it takes time and a very disengaged mentality. I just cannot see them do that. In the past there have been suggestions that maybe they fed Madeleine to the pigs. That was in the time of ugly man being a maybe suspect. I belief he had a farm. I have sometimes thought that all those stories about the dogs indicated that maybe they left her on a spot where the dogs could get to her.
But again I just don't see them do that.

I think that the decisions in the beginning were very much influenced by alcohol. I know Peter M, doctors have an enormous tolerance, but not slurring does not mean making sensible decisions. I think it was very much panic football, and much later came the phase of trying to make sense and clean up.

All just my opinion

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity - Page 16 Empty Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by Bishop Brennan 25.05.14 7:56

aiyoyo wrote:
Would they need to bring in industrial digger to look for items instead of body?
Those mentioned items are easy to dispose off and would have ended in a land fill long ago.
Chances of finding the body if using phone forensics may be marginally higher than chances of finding those items.
Bringing in ground detection radar, digger, and dogs just for photo shoot is just wasteful of time and money.
About the freezer, if the PJ had an inkling where the freezer could possibly be, would they not have accessed that first before the excavation if it was not already thrown away. The freezer might just be a myth.

But yeah Gerry worked those raptured achilles on the 3rd on his day out of the resort.  He couldn't have gone too far because he made it back in time for purpose.

No indeed! A small trowel would be quite sufficient. And as you say, small items would have been put into a local bin and been land-filled without trace long long ago. Bringing in such expensive resources for a random dig and photo-party does seem very wasteful, but then again if they've powered their way through £7m so far, then spending another £70k or so (a mere 1% budget increase) for a grand-finale might well have been signed off.

The freezer seems to be part myth, part plausible explanation. GA remains keen on the 'cold storage' theory - and it does seem the only way to bridge the timeframe between Gerry's afternoon walk on the 3rd, and the scenic some 20+ days later. Grizzly stuff though.
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 25.05.14 9:05

Bishop Brennan wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:
Would they need to bring in industrial digger to look for items instead of body?
Those mentioned items are easy to dispose off and would have ended in a land fill long ago.
Chances of finding the body if using phone forensics may be marginally higher than chances of finding those items.
Bringing in ground detection radar, digger, and dogs just for photo shoot is just wasteful of time and money.
About the freezer, if the PJ had an inkling where the freezer could possibly be, would they not have accessed that first before the excavation if it was not already thrown away. The freezer might just be a myth.

But yeah Gerry worked those raptured achilles on the 3rd on his day out of the resort.  He couldn't have gone too far because he made it back in time for purpose.

No indeed!  A small trowel would be quite sufficient.  And as you say, small items would have been put into a local bin and been land-filled without trace long long ago.   Bringing in such expensive resources for a random dig and photo-party does seem very wasteful, but then again if they've powered their way through £7m so far, then spending another £70k or so (a mere 1% budget increase) for a grand-finale might well have been signed off.  

The freezer seems to be part myth, part plausible explanation.  GA remains keen on the 'cold storage' theory - and it does seem the only way to bridge the timeframe between Gerry's afternoon walk on the 3rd, and the scenic some 20+ days later.  Grizzly stuff though.

Read elsewhere industrial equipment will be brought in for dig, meaning they are thinking seriously
hard solid ground, could even be concrete ......! God only knows what's cooking but hopefully they know what they are doing.

Freezer used or not, it would have to be some kind of 'cold storage' device bridging the interim period of the temporary and permanent resting spots.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Atomic Peanut 25.05.14 9:26

Q: Why would you announce, in a blaze of publicity, that big things are about to happen?

A: To study the reaction and movements of those who might have an interest in those developments.
Atomic Peanut

Activity : 123

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 25.05.14 9:31

Atomic Peanut wrote:Q: Why would you announce, in a blaze of publicity, that big things are about to happen?

A: To study the reaction and movements of those who might have an interest in those developments.

A.  (a) To continue with the official narrative that has been promoted since Day One, (b) to impress the public, and (c) to justify the current £7.6 million expenditure by SY which has actually found...nothing
But it's OK, Atomic Peanut, I understand why you are here

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Atomic Peanut 25.05.14 9:37

Which is what, exactly, in your view?
Atomic Peanut

Activity : 123

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 25.05.14 9:49

aiyoyo wrote:
Woofer wrote:
I agree he could be a liability in respect of keeping quiet, but I was thinking along the lines of what was on his computer and obviously what he was `into` - its enough for him to be putty in anyone`s hands. 

He'd no reason to be concerned about his PC contents since he did not reckon to be given a going over caused by an unfortunate identity mishap.  That goes to show had he been involved in their criminality he would have deleted the contents just in case.

I know there`s nothing in the files but GA reckons on freezing.  This wouldn`t mean frozen solid - it would just mean keeping at a temperature low enough to slow down decomposition as in the morgue.

I dont remember reading GA reckons on a freezer.  From the fluids the conclusion was she had been kept in temperature that slows down decomposition, assuming refrigeration type temperature, but no specific was given as to the device.
Unless Gerry stumbled upon an empty apt that had a freezer in it, I can't see 'you know who' allowing him to store a dead body in a chiller belonging to him or to someone he knows, or that chiller had to be thrown away after that.

Also you have to wonder why GA did not check out the unoccupied apartments in the vicinity if he'd sussed out about the freezer as storage.

/quote]

Freezing, frozen or whatever - I can`t remember the exact word GA used, but I doubt it was frozen solid as in a home freezer - that would cause all sorts of problems for removal.  Even if chilled, leakages are going to occur, particularly from head and rear end and would easily filter through a sports bag. 

I`m not suggesting `you know who` necessarily knew of the location of apartments with chillers/freezers but he would know of corrupt undertakers who would store a body -  they would never grass.   And ... there are corrupt undertakers, believe me.  Just saying.

I agree, if it crossed GA`s mind that she was frozen/chilled or whatever and `you know who` also being a suspect at the time, were apartments checked - I doubt it.

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 25.05.14 10:01

aiyoyo

"Read elsewhere industrial equipment will be brought in for dig, meaning they are thinking seriously
hard solid ground, could even be concrete ......! God only knows what's cooking but hopefully they know what they are doing."

Could it be the roadworks being carried out at the time ?

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25.05.14 10:05

1soapy wrote:Here's a bit on the doctor - an atheist who did a documentary recreating the crucifixion with a real person on a cross. Having looked at it, I think it would be pushing boundaries of imagination if this were a method used, even by doctors, but people get ideas from all sorts of sources, e.g. books, TV, film, ...
I have often wondered, and have come to believe to be likely, that a source of inspiration could have been Phil's husband and their knowledge of his horrible fetish as a location for the final resting place. Prior to hearing about his predilection I had already come to the conclusion that a swampy bog would be a fitting place for Gerry's "Find the body..." challenge. When the revelation of the nature of Phil's husband's 'artwork' came to light the question mark was firmly slotted into place in my own mind.

As for an interim location,  would the church vaults be cool enough to slow down decomposition to the extent Dr Amaral believes was necessary to leave the type of fluids recovered from the car?

As ever, just my own speculation.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck 25.05.14 10:27

Dee Coy wrote:
1soapy wrote:Here's a bit on the doctor - an atheist who did a documentary recreating the crucifixion with a real person on a cross. Having looked at it, I think it would be pushing boundaries of imagination if this were a method used, even by doctors, but people get ideas from all sorts of sources, e.g. books, TV, film, ...
I have often wondered, and have come to believe to be likely, that a source of inspiration could have been Phil's husband and their knowledge of his horrible fetish as a location for the final resting place. Prior to hearing about his predilection I had already come to the conclusion that a swampy bog would be a fitting place for Gerry's "Find the body..." challenge. When the revelation of the nature of Phil's husband's 'artwork' came to light the question mark was firmly slotted into place in my own mind.

As for an interim location,  would the church vaults be cool enough to slow down decomposition to the extent Dr Amaral believes was necessary to leave the type of fluids recovered from the car?

As ever, just my own speculation.
The church seems to be a simply constructed, rural building without vaults or basement.  Swampy bogs would be pretty non existent in the Algarve, however on the River Arade just north of Portimao is quite an extensive area of saltmarsh https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=portimao+map&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0xd1b25cdd8d0f829:0x400ebbde4903440,Portim%C3%A3o,+Portugal&gl=uk&ei=QLWBU5rPNMmw7Ab6iYCoBA&sqi=2&ved=0CCsQ8gEwAA.
Monty Heck

Activity : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 25.05.14 10:36

Angelique wrote:aiyoyo

"Read elsewhere industrial equipment will be brought in for dig, meaning they are thinking seriously
hard solid ground, could even be concrete ......! God only knows what's cooking but hopefully they know what they are doing."

Could well be.
If they are going by phone forensics, witnesses account, etc they should have a basis when deciding on venues to dig.....
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 25.05.14 10:44

Woofer wrote:
Freezing, frozen or whatever - I can`t remember the exact word GA used, but I doubt it was frozen solid as in a home freezer - that would cause all sorts of problems for removal.  Even if chilled, leakages are going to occur, particularly from head and rear end and would easily filter through a sports bag. 

I`m not suggesting `you know who` necessarily knew of the location of apartments with chillers/freezers but he would know of corrupt undertakers who would store a body -  they would never grass.   And ... there are corrupt undertakers, believe me.  Just saying.

I agree, if it crossed GA`s mind that she was frozen/chilled or whatever and `you know who` also being a suspect at the time, were apartments checked - I doubt it.

Yes, I can believe there are corrupt undertakers...if the price is right !

Chilled will not stop decomposition, slow it down maybe, but stop - don't think so.
Think meat kept in home fridge there is still a limited shelf life (used-by date).
There will be odour problem, so either it has to semi solid or she was moved pretty quickly from store to grave, and it wont be the 25 days lapse time, just MO.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by TozerDerry 25.05.14 11:03

aiyoyo wrote:
Woofer wrote:

Yes, I can believe there are corrupt undertakers...if the price is right !

Chilled will not stop decomposition, slow it down maybe, but stop - don't think so.  
Think meat kept in home fridge there is still a limited shelf life (used-by date).
There will be odour problem, so either it has to semi solid or she was moved pretty quickly from store to grave, and it wont be the 25 days lapse time, just MO.
Chilling is the standard procedure for storing corpses short term. Anything much more than a week requires further measures before burial, but with delayed autopsies, chilling can continue for weeks or even months
TozerDerry

Activity : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 25.05.14 11:15

aiyoyo wrote:
Could well be.
If they are going by phone forensics, witnesses account, etc they should have a basis when deciding on venues to dig.....

If this is a genuine search.... (A very BIG if....) but let's run with it.  Then:

1. She died in 5A and was hastily buried in PDL between 9:55pm  (Smith sighting) and 10:00pm (start of search)  OR
2. She was taken from 5A, killed at some later point and buried in PDL   OR
3. She died early on the 3rd, and was taken by Gerry in a Blue Bag when walking off his achilles heel. Buried or stored in a freezer somewhere in or near to PDL.

Option 1 is impossible. There just isn't time.  Even if we allow the full 9:15pm to 10:00pm timeframe, there still isn't time.  
Option 2 is improbable (but seems to be the line SY is pushing).  How could she be buried when the world was looking for her...?
Option 3 is PM's (and others) main theory.   However it is not allowed by SY.  And it's more probable that she was moved to somewhere very remote at a later date.

As such, even if they trumpet phone forensics / witnesses etc, then of those that are known, NONE indicate that a search in PDL will be of any use.  So that takes us back to photo-party / double-checking on the 'useless' PJ / grand finale.  PDL is probably the one place she can't be...

ETA: If they start searching way outside PDL, well then perhaps they have a chance - a phone pinging where it shouldn't for example. But even so, that would be a long long shot. If GA is right and her body was moved by car, then she could be ANYWHERE (within the radius of the car's range).
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Back to top Go down

Post by nobodythereeither 25.05.14 11:18

Tony Bennett wrote:
Atomic Peanut wrote:Q: Why would you announce, in a blaze of publicity, that big things are about to happen?

A.  (a) To continue with the official narrative that has been promoted since Day One, (b) to impress the public, and (c) to justify the current £7.6 million expenditure by SY which has actually found...nothing

And you know that SY have "found nothing" - how?

ETA: There are a lot of people on here who seem to think they know exactly what SY are and aren't doing, and what they have/haven't found.

I'd love to know where they are getting this information from.

nobodythereeither

Activity : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils 25.05.14 11:25

aiyoyo wrote:
Angelique wrote:aiyoyo

Could well be.

Or perhaps local residences? There must have been properties under going 'home improvements' at the time - extensions being built, new swimming pools being put in place, patios being laid.
Lance De Boils
Lance De Boils

Activity : 1053

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25.05.14 11:28

There are 3 places in PdL she could possibly be, none of which involve digging. In order of liklihood (imo):

- The graveyard or church.

- Weighted at the bottom of the sea.

- Buried or hidden under or in a private house.

As you need no diggers to uncover any of these options we can only conclude it is other evidence they are looking for or it's all a ruse and pantomime.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus 2 25.05.14 11:29

Murat is quiet considering he had a lot to say in the first place, just wonder if they will dig his drive .
Markus 2

Activity : 399

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 25.05.14 11:33

Lance De Boils wrote:
Or perhaps local residences? There must have been properties under going 'home improvements' at the time - extensions being built, new swimming pools being put in place, patios being laid.

Yikes! That's a lot of digging up to do... I'm guessing the householders of PDL will be just a trifle miffed when SY appear with a giant digger: "Just checking under your pool / extension / patio, sir - shouldn't be long.'  big grin 

If they don't have a specific tip, then digging is probably the most pointless exercise imaginable. I'm still not convinced it will happen. Perhaps some plods wandering around with "ground radars" and then reporting that there were no leads. Unless AR is continuing his Grange suspect technique - "let's dig up everywhere in PDL just to eliminate each patch of ground from our enquiries..."

Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 25.05.14 11:37

nobodythereeither wrote:ETA: There are a lot of people on here who seem to think they know exactly what SY are and aren't doing, and what they have/haven't found.

I agree. There are some posters here that may have more professional experience than others but at the end of the day we are all speculating and theorising because very little has actually been confirmed or denied by SY.
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret 25.05.14 11:37

Bishop Brennan wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:
Could well be.

If this is a genuine search.... (A very BIG if....) but let's run with it.  Then:

1. She died in 5A and was hastily buried in PDL between 9:55pm  (Smith sighting) and 10:00pm (start of search)  OR
2. She was taken from 5A, killed at some later point and buried in PDL   OR
3. She died early on the 3rd, and was taken by Gerry in a Blue Bag when walking off his achilles heel. Buried or stored in a freezer somewhere in or near to PDL.

Option 1 is impossible. There just isn't time.  Even if we allow the full 9:15pm to 10:00pm timeframe, there still isn't time.  
Option 2 is improbable (but seems to be the line SY is pushing).  How could she be buried when the world was looking for her...?
Option 3 is PM's (and others) main theory.   However it is not allowed by SY.  And it's more probable that she was moved to somewhere very remote at a later date.

As such, even if they trumpet phone forensics / witnesses etc, then of those that are known, NONE indicate that a search in PDL will be of any use.  So that takes us back to photo-party / double-checking on the 'useless' PJ / grand finale.  PDL is probably the one place she can't be...

ETA:  If they start searching way outside PDL, well then perhaps they have a chance - a phone pinging where it shouldn't for example.  But even so, that would be a long long shot. If GA is right and her body was moved by car, then she could be ANYWHERE (within the radius of the car's range).

How do you know it's not allowed by SY? Redwood also said Maddie leaving the apartment alive may not follow with their thinking.
margaret
margaret

Activity : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by sofieellis 25.05.14 11:40

NickE wrote:
biggles wrote:@canada12, @daffodil

Maybe there is no body.. perhaps it was cremated? That would explain why gerry is so confident that the body will not be found. I'm sure I remember reading about a vetinary in the PDL area that the body could have been taken to for the purposes of cremation, or was that discounted? Did I imagine that maybe? Agree with the freezer hypothesis.
Someone,correct me if I'm wrong here, but I have in mind that Roman Catholics do not practice cremation? 
or?

I've been to a fair few Catholic cremations.
sofieellis

Activity : 188

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 25.05.14 11:43

Bishop Brennan wrote:
Lance De Boils wrote:

Yikes!  That's a lot of digging up to do...   I'm guessing the householders of PDL will be just a trifle miffed when SY appear with a giant digger:  "Just checking under your pool / extension / patio, sir - shouldn't be long.'    big grin   

If they don't have a specific tip, then digging is probably the most pointless exercise imaginable.  I'm still not convinced it will happen.  Perhaps some plods wandering around with "ground radars" and then reporting that there were no leads.   Unless AR is continuing his Grange suspect technique - "let's dig up everywhere in PDL just to eliminate each patch of ground from our enquiries..."

They don't seem in any hurry about the digs isn't it unless logistics is being worked on.
They can't have much to go on if they'd to dig.
It would mean having to 'find the body and proved they killed her' (as pat titled her latest blog) else they dont have anything that anyone can buy.  AC Mark Rowley may have to wag his tail all the way to the Mccanns with the second best saying "sorry, we did everything, but alas......"
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret 25.05.14 11:43

ChippyM wrote:
nobodythereeither wrote:ETA: There are a lot of people on here who seem to think they know exactly what SY are and aren't doing, and what they have/haven't found.

I agree. There are some posters here that may have more professional experience than others but at the end of the day we are all speculating and theorising because very little has actually been confirmed or denied by SY.

I agree too. We've actually got a review turned into a full blown investigation, K & G looking terrified and digging in Portugal yet some still say whitewash. I just don't see it.

Also, none of these places that are bring dug up have ever been linked to one of the phoney abductors, yet the Mccanns had keys to the church (one Portuguese poster said it was land by the church being dug up) and the beach where Gerry went looking that night.
margaret
margaret

Activity : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 25.05.14 11:45

margaret wrote:
How do you know it's not allowed by SY? Redwood also said Maddie leaving the apartment alive may not follow with their thinking.

Right. So option 1 or 3. But, SY have said from day 1 that the parents / T7 are not suspects; they have been updating them regularly; they have not reinterviewed any of the T9; senior SY officers have rubbished the idea on radio. Right now, the McCann's are outside of the SY investigative remit based on ALL the information and evidence given by AR and all of his superiors. It would require a major bit of evidence to be discovered (probably by PJ) to persuade them otherwise.
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top