The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

New TV series on the McCann case,BBC/HBO. - Page 2 Mm11

New TV series on the McCann case,BBC/HBO. - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

New TV series on the McCann case,BBC/HBO. - Page 2 Mm11

New TV series on the McCann case,BBC/HBO. - Page 2 Regist10

New TV series on the McCann case,BBC/HBO.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New TV series on the McCann case,BBC/HBO. - Page 2 Empty Re: New TV series on the McCann case,BBC/HBO.

Post by Guest 21.01.14 12:39

Perhaps they are making Kate's book into a film           what aaagh
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

New TV series on the McCann case,BBC/HBO. - Page 2 Empty Re: New TV series on the McCann case,BBC/HBO.

Post by Woofer 21.01.14 13:04

Well a film has always been on the cards ...... mentioned in 2008/9 I believe.  I suppose the Americans could get away with an unbiased telling of the story, but anything made in UK would be totally McCann biased.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterion 21.01.14 13:17

When factual crimes are finally resolved, there is sometimes a race by film companies to get the film out. Perhaps it is a pre-emptive strike made with multiple endings.
mysterion

Activity : 403

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 21.01.14 13:26

marconi wrote:
plebgate wrote:Oh well if it's BBC America - CAN'T WAIT.   Mr  Mrs

And imagine Dr.Phill  being the other police officer!

And imagine Pat Brown's guest appearance as 'a criminal profiler'
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.01.14 13:40

jeanmonroe wrote:
marconi wrote:

With Wendy Murphy as adviser  big grin 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNOODLES 21.01.14 13:57

Thinking about this. As it's based on and opening saying based on MM. Surely the McCanns could sue as it was their idea of having a fictitious abduction.  big grin 
MRNOODLES
MRNOODLES

Activity : 1059

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 21.01.14 13:57

candyfloss wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:
marconi wrote:

With Wendy Murphy as adviser  big grin 

And imagine AR's guest appearance as 'the bumbling, bungling cop'
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmied_Shatter 21.01.14 13:57

What certification is it going to get? At least XX if he wants to include Gasper new new 
Jemmied_Shatter

Activity : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey 21.01.14 14:18

Woofer wrote:Well a film has always been on the cards ...... mentioned in 2008/9 I believe.  I suppose the Americans could get away with an unbiased telling of the story, but anything made in UK would be totally McCann biased.

Absolutely .
Okeydokey

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey 21.01.14 14:22

whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:
Okeydokey wrote:
whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:It just says 'based on'.  I suspect that it's a fictional drama about a child who disappears.  Not a dramatisation of Madeleine McCann's disappearance and subsequent events, a purely fictional story.  That's how I read it anyway.

Well that would be even more dangerous for the BBC - if it's a drama inspired by the case.

I didn't say it was inspired by the case.

The way I see it, Saïd Taghmaoui is playing a detective investigating the disappearance of a child, and that he's just mentioned a real world example of it.

I don't think there's anything to make of this - it's just a drama about a missing child as far as I can tell.

Maybe his English isn't that good after all.  "Based on" has a clear meaning and it's not "totally unconnected to".
Okeydokey

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey 21.01.14 14:23

candyfloss wrote:BBC America

Nigel Moore ‏@mccannfiles  · 12 mins  
@RosalindaHu I never realised there was a BBC America. How does that work? http://www.bbcamerica.com/shows/  #mccann

Speculation on your part?
Okeydokey

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 21.01.14 14:33

Hope they haven't got Kate and Gerry giving parenting advice, I don't think I could stomach that.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 21.01.14 14:34

Okeydokey wrote:
Maybe his English isn't that good after all.  "Based on" has a clear meaning and it's not "totally unconnected to".

Yeah, I think there was possibly a translation issue, or a misunderstanding on the part of the article's writer.

Although on semantics, "Game of Thrones" is 'based on' or 'inspired by' The War of the Roses*, but isn't a dramatisation of The War of the Roses.

*and lots of other historical events.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Activity : 1327

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.01.14 14:50

Tony Bennett wrote:
Mitchell is also married and has, I believe, three children. I think one of them was born when he was out in Praia da Luz.

Was she "born" aged 3 and 51/52nds?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by watendlath 21.01.14 14:52

mysterion wrote:When factual crimes are finally resolved, there is sometimes a race by film companies to get the film out. Perhaps it is a pre-emptive strike made with multiple endings.

Could be.
In August 1969, one month after Apollo 11, I bought a book about it...it covered all the history of the space-race, Soyuz, Gemini, Apollo and so on, which was obviously written well before Apollo 11's flight. Only the first two chapters dealt with the actual flight and were no doubt finished off at the last minute.

So, as you suggest, maybe these film makers  are doing something similar, getting the groundwork done with the hope that they can quickly finish it according to however things turn out.
watendlath
watendlath

Activity : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 21.01.14 16:09

I hope I'm wrong but If the BBC is involved in the production/distribution of this programme then it is likely to be biased in favour of the McCanns. Remember how BBC East Midlands told an outright lie about Goncalo Amaral by claiming he said F*** the McCanns outside the court. After receiving complaints the BBC followed up with a miniscule apology but it achieved what it set out to, which was to discredit Amaral, and the damage was done.

Here is an interesting biography of actor Saïd Taghmaoui.

Saïd Taghmaoui – A Boxer Turned Actor
1 Jul 2013
Saïd Taghmaoui was born on July 1973 in Villepinte Seine-Saint-Denis, France into a Moroccan immigrant family of Berber ancestry. He was the youngest of the 10 children in his family and grew up in la cite des 3000, the ghetto in Aulnay-sous-Bois, also known as the poor Paris suburb. Dropping out of school at the age of 14, he started spray Painting Graffiti wherever he could and was quite a delinquent. That didn’t last for long as by the age of 17 he got involved in boxing in France. At a time in his life, he was ranked number 2 in his category. He also got into the French championship twice. Later on, he also proved himself to be quite a dancer as he joined a French gangsta-rap group known as Assassin, but even that didn’t last long. In 1995, Taghmaoui joined up with his close friend and rising filmmaker named Mathieu Kassovitz and that where his rise as an actor started. Along with Mathieu Kassovitz he made a revolutionary film “La Haine” (Hate) which not only made Kassovitz win the best-director award at Cannes but also set Saïd Taghmaoui on a course to global fame.

What sets him apart is his multilingualism. He is fluent in French, Arabic, Berber and English. This helped him gain fame and helped him to not be confined in just one country but stretch out. He is known to have stacked up assignments on multiple continents, although in small parts and as a supporting cast, he still managed to pull it off. He was quite determined and ambitious. Although he was nominated for Cesar Award in the category of the most promising actor in 1996 for his performance in the film La Haines, his talent was recognized in the much anticipated movie “The Kite Runner “ and “ Vantage point “ . He was the second actor after Maurice Chevalier to land big Hollywood roles in the Movie industry. In recent years, he starred in the highly acclaimed and first of the three Mega-budget Movie “G. I. Joe “based on the fan-favorite Marvel comic book series. In France, he made sure his characters were not caricatures. Omar Sharif presented him with an award at the 2005 Cairo Film Festival, and said that Taghmaoui was his cinematic heir. “I cried,” Taghmaoui recalls.

He didn’t just do movies but also starred in a lot of TV-series. His first role in the TV-series business was as Hamid in the “Sleeper cells” which released in 2006. Then he got a role in “Secrets” in 2007. The most promising role of his would have to be in the controversial, and one of the most famed TV-series of all time “lost” where he played the character of “Ceasar”. He also played the role of Saddam Hossain’s brother Barzan Ibrahim in “Between Two Rivers”, a BBC-HBO television mini-series about Saddam’s life. Taghmaoui even after gaining international fandom and success still hasn’t forgotten his roots and his ancestry and till this day is in love with Morocco
http://muslim-academy.com/said-taghmaoui-a-boxer-turned-actor/#sthash.zSeqIzqj.dpuf
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 21.01.14 16:15

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
Mitchell is also married and has, I believe, three children. I think one of them was born when he was out in Praia da Luz.

Was she "born" aged 3 and 51/52nds?

I made a significant mistake here.

He does indeed have three children.

His wife was pregnant with a fourth child, but he couldn't return home to be with his wife for the birth because he was so involved in the reputation management of the McCanns.

He was interviewed by The Guardian in 2008 about this, as follows:

Interviewer: You started the interview by saying that you were not sentimental but during the trip through Europe with the McCanns you were photographed crying. In that day the ex-journalist became the news...

Answer by Clarence Mitchell: It wasn't intentional. But when I found out that my wife had lost the baby, I felt lost and angry for being there and not beside her. It is at least ironic that during this search for Maddie, I had also lost a son. Very young yes, but it was my son. I believe that that united us.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE 21.01.14 16:41

marconi wrote:There is also a BBC Brazil.
The Brits are everywhere,I have to watch my back here in Sweden.  wink 
drinks
NickE
NickE

Activity : 2151

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.01.14 16:45

Tony Bennett wrote:

His wife was pregnant with a fourth child, but he couldn't return home to be with his wife for the birth because he was so involved in the reputation management of the McCanns.

Interviewer: You started the interview by saying that you were not sentimental but during the trip through Europe with the McCanns you were photographed crying. In that day the ex-journalist became the news...

Answer by Clarence Mitchell: It wasn't intentional. But when I found out that my wife had lost the baby, I felt lost and angry for being there and not beside her. It is at least ironic that during this search for Maddie, I had also lost a son. Very young yes, but it was my son. I believe that that united us.

Sympathy for his loss, but at the same time he hasn't exactly covered himself in glory there....

Is a dead child a prerequisite for a political career these days? Call me callous, cynical, whatever, but one could be forgiven for thinking so.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmied_Shatter 21.01.14 19:49

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:

Sympathy for his loss, but at the same time he hasn't exactly covered himself in glory there....

Is a dead child a prerequisite for a political career these days? Call me callous, cynical, whatever, but one could be forgiven for thinking so.

Wasn't it Gordie Broon who set the stage with that one? Was I wonder Gerald calling in a favour? affraid skull 
Jemmied_Shatter

Activity : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey 21.01.14 22:00

whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:
Okeydokey wrote:

Yeah, I think there was possibly a translation issue, or a misunderstanding on the part of the article's writer.

Although on semantics, "Game of Thrones" is 'based on' or 'inspired by' The War of the Roses*, but isn't a dramatisation of The War of the Roses.

*and lots of other historical events.

I think a good writer would say GOTs is "inspired by" the War of the Roses.  In fact a good writer would avoid using the phrase "based on" in relation to historical events.  "The Longest Day" film was based on the book of the same title, it wasn't "based on" the D Day landings - it sought to tell the story of the landings.
Okeydokey

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum