The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Slip Sliding Away: Lies, Lies and More Lies Mm11

Slip Sliding Away: Lies, Lies and More Lies Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Slip Sliding Away: Lies, Lies and More Lies Mm11

Slip Sliding Away: Lies, Lies and More Lies Regist10

Slip Sliding Away: Lies, Lies and More Lies

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Slip Sliding Away: Lies, Lies and More Lies Empty Slip Sliding Away: Lies, Lies and More Lies

Post by Loving Mom 17.01.14 3:18

Why, if their child's life is really at stake, are the McCanns via their spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, hindering the search for Madeleine by feeding the media information about Operation Grange to the media, thereby alerting any potential suspects/witnesses in advance of Scotland Yard's intentions? Why are the media still pandering to this blatant PR manipulation? Why is Scotland Yard allowing this to happen - are they leaking info to the McCanns deliberately?

It's a shame they don't remember their own advice:

Official Find Madeleine Campaign
5 January

I would like to remind those new to our page that Gerry and Kate will only comment on the investigation to find Madeleine when and if any updates FROM THE POLICE warrant a statement. 
Please allow the police to do their jobs and not speculate or fuel rumoursWe will not answer questions related to unfounded and speculative press articles [that we have planted] and we ask that you not post them on our page.

Thank you for understanding. 

~FM Webmaster (on behalf of Gerry and Kate)

All of the following is my educated opinion based on facts:

shark 

I copy and pasted the above because it seems telling that the the Mc's and Mitch are slipping up big time.  Nerves can make even the most cunning liars slip up.  If they are not guilty they are doing a remarkable job of acting guilty. Things are pointing to a big break soon and I wouldn't be surprised to see two people arrested very soon. Hmmm
Loving Mom

Activity : 99

Back to top Go down

Slip Sliding Away: Lies, Lies and More Lies Empty Re: Slip Sliding Away: Lies, Lies and More Lies

Post by suep 17.01.14 6:01

That's a good point you make, worriedmum. I sincerely hope you're right about an imminent arrest. I have a feeling that if this investigation fails it will be the last and all hope of finding out the truth and any kind of justice for Madeleine will be lost forever.
suep

Activity : 164

Back to top Go down

Slip Sliding Away: Lies, Lies and More Lies Empty Re: Slip Sliding Away: Lies, Lies and More Lies

Post by bobby18 17.01.14 6:29

suep wrote:That's a good point you make, worriedmum. I sincerely hope you're right about an imminent arrest. I have a feeling that if this investigation fails it will be the last and all hope of finding out the truth and any kind of justice for Madeleine will be lost forever.
I would agree, suep.

So much appears to have been 'allowed' to have been commented on this line of enquiry without any sign of rebuttal, that if it disappears, it would be clear that the McCann's are running the show.

This would be clear to even those who are always looking for the positives (myself included).

I only hope that with the SY/Met being one cover up/whitewash or general screw-up from losing ANY credibility that remains in them that justice will be done. IMO they MUST get a result in this and not one which has a stench of whitewash, and know that.
bobby18

Activity : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by void 17.01.14 7:09

The continued press coverage simply justifies any suspicion that this case is wholly surrounded in fraudulent behaviour. Under no circumstances would any of this trash progress be released by if any of these leads were anything but ridiculous carrot-leading.

Its all bloody carrot dangling. No progress in the last 7 years, no progress for the next 7 years. We're all hopeful but lets be realistic guys. We'll all probably be fossilised 300 miles underground by the time the McCanns make it onto the front page of the Guinness Book of Criminal Records. bloody hell

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
void

Activity : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 17.01.14 7:56

You have to ask yourself. If you were innocent, and you felt that SY were closing in on the culprits, what would you do?

1. Keep very quiet. Hardly daring to talk to anyone in case you accidentally blew it for the police as they closed in on the kidnappers. Hugging each other and hoping that soon there would be news of your darling daughter?   

or

2.  Send out your spokesman, and a few family 'sources' to brief the world's press and TV stations about the news of 3 Burglars that the police think are the suspects.  And follow that up with news that arrests could take place any time now. 

Their behaviour just doesn't make sense.  

Unless perhaps they don't believe a word of what is being printed, and are instead focussing on making sure that the world believes they are innocent, just in case the libel trial finds in favour of Mr Amaral?   And - in fairness - based on the last month or so, they are doing a good job. Kate and Gerry's look of undisguised panic seen on CW is a distant memory as they perhaps realise that neither police force is any further forward than they were 5 long years ago...
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby18 17.01.14 8:37

Bishop Brennan wrote:Kate and Gerry's look of undisguised panic seen on CW is a distant memory as they perhaps realise that neither police force is any further forward than they were 5 long years ago...
Speaking as one, the contrast between the CW appearance and the Everton match appearance can only give concern to the most hardened optimist.
bobby18

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 17.01.14 10:45

bobby18 wrote:
Bishop Brennan wrote:Kate and Gerry's look of undisguised panic seen on CW is a distant memory as they perhaps realise that neither police force is any further forward than they were 5 long years ago...
Speaking as one, the contrast between the CW appearance and the Everton match appearance can only give concern to the most hardened optimist.

Perhaps, rather like Princess Diana famously said, the trouble is there are three people in this marriage.

In this case there are three investigations in the marriage: the Portuguese one, the British one and the McCanns' one, presumably into themselves as they were the last ones to see their daughter..

So, depending on who's winning a strange tripartite tug-of-war at any given time, you will see  this reflected in the faces of Inspectors G and K McCann. Next week it could be AR looking either stern or sterner. The Portuguese - we don't know about because they are rather more orthodox in their methodology. Over here, we seem to be taking policing in the community to new frontiers and beyond. .
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi 17.01.14 10:52

I was also wondering about the libel trial, but I'm not sure the rubbish peddled out for us makes it over to Portugal. Public opinion over there is quite hostile to the McCs as far as I can see, and with any luck this will have no bearing on the outcome of the trial.
nglfi

Activity : 866

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17.01.14 11:01

nglfi wrote:I was also wondering about the libel trial, but I'm not sure the rubbish peddled out for us makes it over to Portugal.  Public opinion over there is quite hostile to the McCs as far as I can see, and with any luck this will have no bearing on the outcome of the trial.

I am not sure what you are implying nglfi.
I am sure the judge will make the correct decision with the evidence in front of her.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 17.01.14 11:27

dantezebu wrote:
nglfi wrote:I was also wondering about the libel trial, but I'm not sure the rubbish peddled out for us makes it over to Portugal.  Public opinion over there is quite hostile to the McCs as far as I can see, and with any luck this will have no bearing on the outcome of the trial.

I am sure the judge will make the correct decision with the evidence in front of her.
I agree. The PR and media blitz is not for the Portuguese (lost cause) or the judge (unmoved). I suspect it is all a pre-emptive 'damage limitation' exercise for all here in the UK (and USA) in case the McCanns lose the libel trial.  With the entire world now believing that 3 burglers 'did it', then they can pooh-pooh any loss in the libel case as "irrelevant to the ongoing search for Maddie now that SY are closing in on the abductors..."

Had they not generated all the stories of burglars and SY about to arrest them, then a loss in the libel case would have been catastrophic to their reputation in the media and general public at large.
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby18 17.01.14 11:36

Bishop Brennan wrote:
dantezebu wrote:

I agree. The PR and media blitz is not for the Portuguese (lost cause) or the judge (unmoved). I suspect it is all a pre-emptive 'damage limitation' exercise for all here in the UK (and USA) in case the McCanns lose the libel trial.  With the entire world now believing that 3 burglers 'did it', then they can pooh-pooh any loss in the libel case as "irrelevant to the ongoing search for Maddie now that SY are closing in on the abductors..."

Had they not generated all the stories of burglars and SY about to arrest them, then a loss in the libel case would have been catastrophic to their reputation in the media and general public at large.
I think you are right on the PR and media blitz, Bishop.

That ITV programme's timing with its unprecedented 'definitive' opinion on an OPEN case, would be the biggest example.
bobby18

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow 17.01.14 11:42

Bishop Brennan wrote:
dantezebu wrote:

Have to say i agree with that BB.
notlongnow

Activity : 541

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi 17.01.14 13:36

I was just thinking aloud about the motive behind the 'three burglars' leak, and any possible impact it could have on the libel trial, which is in my opinion none. I just meant I don't think the Portuguese will be susceptible to the kind of rubbish peddled by the British media, so if this is what the McCanns are aiming for then it's a lost cause.
nglfi

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi 17.01.14 13:38

I should add I thought the libel trial had a jury, please correct me if I'm wrong.
nglfi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 17.01.14 13:47

Compare now with the situation back in October.  Back then, the McCanns were potentially in real trouble.  The case had been opened in 2 countries (the PJ re-opening in particular would have been a shock); they were doing badly in the libel case; the CW program destroyed Tannerman and Gerry's alibi; "Smithman/Gerryman" was the centre of attention. And the Times discovered the efit suppression and 'over-critical' report.  Small wonder they looked so utterly shell-shocked.    

Losing the libel case with that background would have been irrecoverable. As a result the PR machine moved into overdrive - and I am sure it will have many further steps already planned.  Should they win the Amaral case... (pause for readers to shudder...) then prepare for an onslaught.  At this point though, the job is done - the result of the case 'doesn't matter' or will be trumpeted from the rooftops. Time to fit in a trip to the footie! 

And with SY apparently forbidden from investigating the McCanns, their only risk now (if guilty) comes from the PJ.  It's very quiet over there, which either means something or nothing depending on your mood of the day! 

So, sit back, roll with the story and let's see what comes up around the libel trial. Probably the calm before the storm now.
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 17.01.14 13:48

nglfi wrote:I should add I thought the libel trial had a jury, please correct me if I'm wrong.

No jury.  Just the judge.
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi 17.01.14 14:01

Ah ok! Then yes, the judge will be unmoved :)
nglfi

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 17.01.14 14:05

Bishop Brennan wrote:

I also think that is the reason - they always have a story to 'pull out of the bag' when they need to overshadow something - in this case the libel trial.  They have to try and time the 'story' so it arrives in the
press at just the right moment... in this case perhaps they were a little premature. They will need to find a new story soon - prepare for a major sighting, or something..

I can imagine them huddled together in the 'Towers' deciding what comes next from 'the source'.. but at least they have the fund
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 17.01.14 14:19

HelenMeg wrote: I can imagine them huddled together in the 'Towers' deciding what comes next from 'the source'.. but at least they have the fund

Can you imagine the costs of all of this...? This is top-notch, top of the range PR advice, planning and execution. Not to mention the costs of some of the UK's (and presumably Portugal's) best and most expensive lawyers. Oh, and the various trips + expenses of all the witnesses at the trial... Must be an eye-watering set of invoices and credit card receipts each week....

But, as you rightly say, thank goodness for the fund!  thumbsup 
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17.01.14 14:52

Bishop Brennan wrote:
HelenMeg wrote: I can imagine them huddled together in the 'Towers' deciding what comes next from 'the source'.. but at least they have the fund

Can you imagine the costs of all of this...?  This is top-notch, top of the range PR advice, planning and execution. Not to mention the costs of some of the UK's (and presumably Portugal's) best and most expensive lawyers.  Oh, and the various trips + expenses of all the witnesses at the trial...   Must be an eye-watering set of invoices and credit card receipts each week....

But, as you rightly say, thank goodness for the fund!   thumbsup   

What's the price of a lie detector test?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Loving Mom 25.01.14 21:24

I am optimistic and logical by nature.  Given all the facts we do know, all the information and evidence we don't know about but SY and Portugal police know about, it is logical to know that this case will be solved. There has been too much time and money spent for SY and Portugal police to not rock justice in this case.  They both want it solved and will do everything in their power to wrap it up properly. Furthermore, to get the case solved correctly SY and Portugal are taking there time so the person(s) responsible are held responsible at trial.  
Time has a way of outing lies and shining on the truth.
Loving Mom

Activity : 99

Back to top Go down

Post by suep 26.01.14 7:36

nglfi wrote:I was just thinking aloud about the motive behind the 'three burglars' leak, and any possible impact it could have on the libel trial, which is in my opinion none. I just meant I don't think the Portuguese will be susceptible to the kind of rubbish peddled by the British media, so if this is what the McCanns are aiming for then it's a lost cause.

I totally agree, rigifi. IMO throughout this whole affair the McCanns have treated the Portugese police and public with disgusting contempt. Their main concern seems to have been to manage their reputation here in the UK. From the very beginning when they contacted the British media to get their version of the story in print first it was obvious this was more important to them than the safety of a daughter they claim was abducted, since this very act alone had the potential to put her life at risk.
From that moment on they've lied and spun stories in the press, the biggest lie being their 'continuing search for Madeleine'.
Personally, I don't think Mr Amaral has anything to fear from the coming judgement.
suep

Back to top Go down

Post by suep 26.01.14 7:41

APOLOGIES FOR GETTING YOUR NAME WRONG, NGLFI! MUST GET THESE READING GLASSES CHANGED! soz 
suep

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.01.14 21:01

dantezebu wrote:

What's the price of a lie detector test?

I'll tell you the answer now for a tenner.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum