The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Operation Grange - Page 2 Mm11

Operation Grange - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Operation Grange - Page 2 Mm11

Operation Grange - Page 2 Regist10

Operation Grange

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Operation Grange - Page 2 Empty Re: Operation Grange

Post by diatribe 16.01.14 16:43

PeterMac wrote:The way they ran Grange
was very strange
Some thought Redwood
was dead wood

I was actually admonished by one of the thought police moderators for referring to our intrepid Inspector as Deadwood, which I considered far more appropriate when first assigning my literature to this splendid site. big grin
diatribe

Activity : 608

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 16.01.14 16:47

I hope it wasn't me... I did make a remark about not being too hasty to judge Andy, because imo he is deadpan and inscrutable, not necessarily dead wood though imo  !

I am outspoken and said so...maybe it was me but I am not in the thought police, just gave a contrary opinion....which is what makes this forum splendid, as you say !
 smilie

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe 16.01.14 18:07

russiandoll wrote:I hope it wasn't me... I did make a remark about not being too hasty to judge Andy, because imo he is deadpan and inscrutable, not necessarily dead wood though imo  !

I am outspoken and said so...maybe it was me but I am not in the thought police, just gave a contrary opinion....which is what makes this forum splendid, as you say !
 smilie

It wasn't you, au contraire it was your goodself who actually welcomed me to the site.
diatribe

Activity : 608

Back to top Go down

Post by Loving Mom 17.01.14 2:41

Thank you for clarifying this Tony.
Tony Bennett wrote:
Loving Mom wrote:The system is only for operations which are launched in reaction to specific crimes. Pro-active police operations are often given specific names which are designed to be meaningful. For example, the Metropolitan Police currently has an anti-knife crime initiative called Operation Blunt and it also has Operation Payback, which involves seizing the assets of organised criminals.

I am not quite sure if the SY Operation would be considered being launched to a specific crime or not?

Yes - the specific crime of being responsible for Madeleine's disappearance is Operation Grange's remit. Or to put it the way Scotland Yard would have it: "To investigate the abduction as if it had happened in the UK", or as David Cameron's spokesman put it: "To help the family".

Non-specific anti-crime initiatives are given appropriately-selected names, like the two you've quoted above
Loving Mom

Activity : 99

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 17.01.14 8:05

The irony  : announcement of the main stories at 8 a.m.

headline and outside broadcast on Sky re the missing 3 year old  : no change, sadly. It is cold and raining, does not look good.

then the man who did yesterday's breaking news re this little boy from Sky studio, now in Leicester doing the intro for his report later on in this 8 a.m. programme.......HELLO FROM LEICESTER  FROM WHERE WE CONTINUE OUR REPORT INTO PEOPLE BELIEVING THAT THERE ARE MAJOR COVER UPS BY THE POLICE

[ or words to that effect]

I think the Mcs are not going to be asking their spokesman to be giving any statements of sympathy to the media.

What will Clarrie say, if they seek him out and ask  ?

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top