The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

New post on official find Madeleine fb page - Page 2 Mm11

New post on official find Madeleine fb page - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

New post on official find Madeleine fb page - Page 2 Mm11

New post on official find Madeleine fb page - Page 2 Regist10

New post on official find Madeleine fb page

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New post on official find Madeleine fb page - Page 2 Empty Re: New post on official find Madeleine fb page

Post by Bishop Brennan 06.01.14 0:19

We have had a bunch of "leaked" stories recently (tractorman, the burglermen). There has been intense speculation that the source in each case was close to the Mccanns.  I think this fb post is just an attempt to try  and distance themselves from those leaks / sources.  

It helps add credibility to the reports in the eyes of their supporters, if they can believe that sources are the police. So just playing to their own choir in this instance.  And asking those same supporters not to talk about the stories that they themselves may have sourced is just some ironic icing on the cake.
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

New post on official find Madeleine fb page - Page 2 Empty Re: New post on official find Madeleine fb page

Post by Doug D 06.01.14 0:27

I read it as a typically ambiguous statement that you can interpret how you like.

"We will not answer questions related to unfounded and speculative press articles and we ask that you not post them on our page"

Which are the 'unfounded & speculative ones' and which are the 'sourced' ones?

Either way they are not going to comment & will terminate you if you post or question anything.
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.01.14 0:52

Avoiding evidence that may be used against them at a later.... etc?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 06.01.14 0:55

Doug D wrote:
Either way they are not going to comment & will terminate you if you post or question anything.

Which had been their typical practice all along.
So why the sudden announcement urging people to refrain?
They could continue their typical style of not commenting or whooshing comments.

Bet their webmaster is thoroughly fed up with fobbing people off,
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey 06.01.14 0:55

Doug D wrote:I read it as a typically ambiguous statement that you can interpret how you like.

"We will not answer questions related to unfounded and speculative press articles and we ask that you not post them on our page"

They are never ambiguous (well not unintentionally so) as far as I can see. That is their genius. They (well I suspect Gerry in reality) are very good communicators.

In my view timing is always the crucial factor with the McCanns. That's why one moment it will be "We have to visit every European capital to search for Madeleine." - the next moment it will be "The search is best left to professional agencies."  That's why one moment it was "We are not able to comment on the case due to restrictions under Portugese law." The next it was "This is our version."  Once it was "Whatever the Police are saying, we know what the truth is and that is more important." Now it is "Whatever the courts say is the truth, it's not important - only what the Police say is important." 

They get the timing right.
Okeydokey

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by LeeSW1 06.01.14 1:14

Things are going to start to unravel come close of court on Tuesday. More later.
LeeSW1

Activity : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by IKNOWWHATHAPPENED 06.01.14 2:23

LeeSW1 wrote:Things are going to start to unravel come close of court on Tuesday. More later.

Intriguing first post. Because it is your first post I will wait and see what transpires.
IKNOWWHATHAPPENED

Activity : 116

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi 06.01.14 2:44

LeeSW1 wrote:Things are going to start to unravel come close of court on Tuesday. More later.

Are you also expecting the Messiah at any moment?
marconi

Activity : 1104

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 06.01.14 2:52

Doug D wrote:I read it as a typically ambiguous statement that you can interpret how you like.

It's all about control.  Always has been and always will be... except they've lost control; they're no longer in control of anything to do with the investigations, the court case, what the press print or don't print, - in effect they're a spent force and they know it. 

All they can do is control what gets posted on their facebook page and, as I don't have a facebook account and have no intention of signing up to that site, I hope someone will guilelessly inquire when K&G expect to receive assistente status so that they can make sure the PJ don't waste time on enquiries which will not further the search for their dear daughter.   yes
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 06.01.14 2:58

I'm intrigued.  What could unravel come close of court on Tuesday? 

The trial may be postponed, the lawyers may not finish submitting their closing arguments, the judge is unlikely to determine the merits of the case on the day, and the McCanns won't be going anywhere near an airport, let alone one that operates flights to Lisbon.

Which leaves...?
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi 06.01.14 5:45

Cristobell wrote:

Must say the smiles looked pretty convincing but I believe it was bravado, or more accurately a middle finger to this forum and all their critics.  As long as the shop is closed, the case is not going their way.They cannot possibly be calm and relaxed right now unless they are automatons.  Tuesday looks set to be the first of the big disasters coming their way.  It will not be the final verdict of course, but each party will sum up their evidence, and as we saw quite clearly, the McCanns haven't got any.  Added to which there are two police forces investigating the case in depth, and both are determined to reach a conclusion. Even if the McCanns have told the truth throughout, this would be a traumatic time as they are soon to discover the fate of their missing daughter.  Their appearance at Goodison Park imo, merely shows what good actors they are!

Very well said, Cristobell!
marconi

Activity : 1104

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.01.14 10:37

Cristobell wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
OK, I'll answer that.

NO.

Well I did think you might say that! It seems to me that what with this development and the smiley appearance at Goodison Park that the Mcs are actually feeling emboldened for some reason. I do hope I'm wrong.

Must say the smiles looked pretty convincing but I believe it was bravado, or more accurately a middle finger to this forum and all their critics.  As long as the shop is closed, the case is not going their way.They cannot possibly be calm and relaxed right now unless they are automatons.  Tuesday looks set to be the first of the big disasters coming their way.  It will not be the final verdict of course, but each party will sum up their evidence, and as we saw quite clearly, the McCanns haven't got any.  Added to which there are two police forces investigating the case in depth, and both are determined to reach a conclusion. Even if the McCanns have told the truth throughout, this would be a traumatic time as they are soon to discover the fate of their missing daughter.  Their appearance at Goodison Park imo, merely shows what good actors they are!

I agree with most of your post Cristobel,  but those smiles speak volumes to me.

Kate has a big open smile and is trying to make eye contact with Gerry but his smile is practically a grimace and he is looking down refusing to meet her eyes - he can't bear to look at her. There's no warmth or closeness on the other pictures either.

Since the McCanns currently have a stranglehold on the UK press, there's no way these pictures would have been published without their permission so these must have been the best of the batch - I'd love to see the worst ones  laughat 

Purely on the strength of these pictures, it looks to me like Gerry now loathes "his wife" Kate and would be happy never to see her again.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by currio 06.01.14 11:13

Lee are we to take it you are a copper in the know, located in Central London (SW1)  big grin 

Looking forward to the unraveling Mr
currio

Activity : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.01.14 11:30

I did wonder if he is one of the cluster of people whom the portal map shows as congregating in the Westminster area!

Welcome, Lee, by the way.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 06.01.14 11:30

Okeydokey wrote:

They are never ambiguous (well not unintentionally so) as far as I can see. That is their genius. They (well I suspect Gerry in reality) are very good communicators.

In my view timing is always the crucial factor with the McCanns. That's why one moment it will be "We have to visit every European capital to search for Madeleine." - the next moment it will be "The search is best left to professional agencies."  That's why one moment it was "We are not able to comment on the case due to restrictions under Portugese law." The next it was "This is our version."  Once it was "Whatever the Police are saying, we know what the truth is and that is more important." Now it is "Whatever the courts say is the truth, it's not important - only what the Police say is important." 

They get the timing right.

Imo they still have a very adept spinmaster working on their behalf. Left to their own devices they'd be rumbled even by the most gullible of tabloid readers.

No, imo this is the work of the likes of Common Purpose, Editorial intelligence ( as a phrase more or less a contradiction in terms) or similar 'reputation management' gurus. Woolfall has been eclipsed by smarter PR long ago.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by roy rovers 06.01.14 11:49

[quote="aiyoyo"]
We will not answer questions related to unfounded and speculative press articles and we ask that you not post them on our page.

Why even say that? Why say what you're not going to do? Just don't do it! Somebody is rattled IMO.
roy rovers
roy rovers

Activity : 538

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 06.01.14 12:08

What a tease!
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores 06.01.14 12:20

roy rovers wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:
We will not answer questions related to unfounded and speculative press articles and we ask that you not post them on our page.

Why even say that? Why say what you're not going to do? Just don't do it! Somebody is rattled IMO.

Ah but if you don't post, they don't have to come along as spoilsports and remove ones they don't approve of!
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 06.01.14 12:32

God forbid any one should ask the mccanns question,what ever next
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 06.01.14 13:01

Miraflores wrote:
roy rovers wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:

Ah but if you don't post, they don't have to come along as spoilsports and remove ones they don't approve of!

And they have long abandoned their weekly 'we are switching off for the weekend' - they rarely switch on these days, apart from an occasional post with an instant 3000 likes.

I'm actually taking this ambiguous message as a good thing - they are preparing for something, the most obvious being negative headlines relating to Tuesday's final day of the libel trial, but I wonder if there might be something more..........
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 06.01.14 13:02

I would like to remind those new to our page that Gerry and Kate will only comment on the investigation to find Madeleine when and if any updates FROM THE POLICE warrant a statement.

Please allow the police to do their jobs and not speculate or fuel rumours. We will not answer questions related to unfounded and speculative press articles and we ask that you not post them on our page.

Msg is only meant for those NEW to their facebook... big grin 

He assumed old timers know that his Dark Lord and Witch will only speak if Police updates warrant comment - so ludicrous. big grin 

If the Press articles are not from any source but regurgitation of old stuff then effectively the Press is antigonizing the mccanns by playing them at their own game, and seemingly getting on the Mccanns nerves. It would appear the Press still believe story about their case boost circulations.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 06.01.14 14:44

But it clearly still does.
We all read it because we want to see what the hell they've come up with now & the others with the sympathy vote just love it all.
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.01.14 14:50

Probably the solution of the case takes so long, because the 5000+ people phoning in after CW have to be sorted out first.

After all: the one(s) who really finger(s) the culprit(s) stand(s) to be awarded the reward of EUR 2.5 mln, IIRC?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.01.14 16:53

LeeSW1, do you have more to report?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 06.01.14 17:12

See they have updated their webpage and it holds the official Metropolitan police logo.  

They get on so well together don't they.
Pershing36
Pershing36

Activity : 721

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top