The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

'TERRIBLE NEWS', Chapter 6 of A Mordaca Inglesa ('The English Gag'), by Dr Goncalo Amaral - How he learnt on Portuguese radio that his book had been banned at a secret court hearing that he knew absolutely nothing about   Mm11

'TERRIBLE NEWS', Chapter 6 of A Mordaca Inglesa ('The English Gag'), by Dr Goncalo Amaral - How he learnt on Portuguese radio that his book had been banned at a secret court hearing that he knew absolutely nothing about   Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

'TERRIBLE NEWS', Chapter 6 of A Mordaca Inglesa ('The English Gag'), by Dr Goncalo Amaral - How he learnt on Portuguese radio that his book had been banned at a secret court hearing that he knew absolutely nothing about   Mm11

'TERRIBLE NEWS', Chapter 6 of A Mordaca Inglesa ('The English Gag'), by Dr Goncalo Amaral - How he learnt on Portuguese radio that his book had been banned at a secret court hearing that he knew absolutely nothing about   Regist10

'TERRIBLE NEWS', Chapter 6 of A Mordaca Inglesa ('The English Gag'), by Dr Goncalo Amaral - How he learnt on Portuguese radio that his book had been banned at a secret court hearing that he knew absolutely nothing about

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'TERRIBLE NEWS', Chapter 6 of A Mordaca Inglesa ('The English Gag'), by Dr Goncalo Amaral - How he learnt on Portuguese radio that his book had been banned at a secret court hearing that he knew absolutely nothing about   Empty 'TERRIBLE NEWS', Chapter 6 of A Mordaca Inglesa ('The English Gag'), by Dr Goncalo Amaral - How he learnt on Portuguese radio that his book had been banned at a secret court hearing that he knew absolutely nothing about

Post by Tony Bennett 03.01.14 18:18

There are just four days to go now before the judge commences proceedings at 9.30am on Tuesday, 7 January, on what many people view as the final round of the long-running libel case of McCanns v Amaral, now in its fifth year. The actual decisioin in the case may come weeks or months later, as seems to be the norm with Portuguese justice.

I think some people may have forgotten that, even if this is the final scheduled day of all the hearings, it may be open to either side to appeal the judgment. On past form, I would think that that is highly likely.

The exact day that the McCanns issued their libel writ in the Lisbon Civil Court is not known, but is believed to have been at the end of June or the beginning of July 2009. That was over four-and-a-half years, or around 1,640 days ago.

The following extract from Dr Goncalo Amaral's second book on the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, 'The English Gag', published I think in late 2010, tells the true story of how Goncalo Amaral learned that he was banned from selling his book, and banned from even talking about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Goncalo Amaral relates in ‘The English Gag’ how he found out that his book. 'The Truth About A Lie', had been secretly banned

Chapter 6 of A Mordaca Inglesa: ‘The English Gag’

Terrible news  (translated by BJN)

I became aware that Gerry and Kate McCann had applied for an injunction against me, on behalf of themselves and their three children, at the Lisbon Civil Court. The defendants  were  me, Guerra e Paz SA, my publishers, Valentim de Carvalho Filmes, a film-producing company,  the TV channel TV1 and the entire Portuguese population.

The aim of these proceedings was to censor of my hypothesis about the disappearance of Madeleine Beth McCann. Above all, it was intended to prevent the translation and publication of my book Maddie - A Verdade da Mentira, ‘The Truth of the Lie’, in the United Kingdom.

Quite frankly, I had not taken that source too seriously, thinking that, if this were true, it would almost certainly be doomed to failure, as a court would, surely, never make a ruling on what opinions could or could not be expressed in Portugal over the disappearance of Madeleine.

Not ever.

I thought it highly likely that the court’s reaction would be to proceed to punish the claimant for frivolous and vexatious litigation, that is, litigation in bad faith, since this legal action had been brought by people whose aim was to abuse the fundamental rights of third parties, by means of launching a claim that was manifestly unfounded.

On a quite modest esplanade, I was sitting waiting for lunch-time to arrive, in order to be able to read the day’s news in the newspapers.

I read one news article which said that ‘the majority’ of the population in the Figueira district of the province of Portimao, where around five years ago little Joana Cipriano was killed by her mother and uncle, believed that she had been ‘sold’.

What did they mean by ‘the majority’ of the population? On what possible basis was this worked out?.

My own reflections regarding this affair were about to be rudely interrupted. Domingos, the owner of the establishment, rushed towards me, looking very distressed, saying: ”Goncalo, Goncalo, they were just talking about you on the TV! I didn’t manage to get what they were saying, but it sounds bad!”.

I will go back a little in time to the summer of 2008, when the book Maddie - A Verdade da Mentira was published and in Portugal. At that time, the spokesman for the McCann couple, a professional spin doctor named Clarence Mitchell, had lost no time in announcing that legal action would be taken against me.

A long time had passed since then: fourteen months. Now, it was September 2009. There had been no news about the case during these fourteen months in question, except for fourteen months of hearing about the poor service being provided by the McCanns’ private detectives, fourteen months of explanations about their activities which, to say the least, were very odd, and could easily be challenged by any criminal investigator.

I finished drinking my coffee and mineral water and moved off towards the restaurant, where I was going to have lunch.

As I did so, Antonio and Jose Maria, members of staff and Benfica football supporters, approached me and told me what they had heard on the SIC television channel news.

They told me that a Portuguese court had secretly banned me from speaking about the Maddie case.

I said: “My friends, you are older than me, and like me, you remember what happened last year.  This simply cannot be right!”

It was clear that something was happening and that some court or other had made a ruling that would impact on me in some way. But which court was it? I was only able to find that out later.

Apparently, the McCanns had applied for an ex parte injunction. Not only was I not allowed to attend. I wasn’t even told about the application. Later I was to learn that my book had been banned.

I had already been getting fed up with receiving notifications of such matters all the time via the press. Several months earlier, when I had left Oporto to go to Unhais da Serra, I travelled across the Viriathus countryside, following the launch of the book ‘Crime and Justice’, which I had helped to edit. As I was travelling, I heard something about me on the radio.  It was Radio Renascena. They had announced on the radio that criminal charges had been brought against me by the Public Ministry.

This was, apparently, the result of legal proceedings following a formal complaint by little Joana’s stepfather in October 2008.

But a full six months earlier, in April 2008, I had initiated a complaint of defamation against the very same citizen himself, and against his peculiar lawyer, Marcos Aragao Correia. My complaint was filed at the Public Ministry, and has yet to be heard.

[REST SNIPPED]

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

'TERRIBLE NEWS', Chapter 6 of A Mordaca Inglesa ('The English Gag'), by Dr Goncalo Amaral - How he learnt on Portuguese radio that his book had been banned at a secret court hearing that he knew absolutely nothing about   Empty Re: 'TERRIBLE NEWS', Chapter 6 of A Mordaca Inglesa ('The English Gag'), by Dr Goncalo Amaral - How he learnt on Portuguese radio that his book had been banned at a secret court hearing that he knew absolutely nothing about

Post by Guest 03.01.14 18:32

The book ban was overturned in 2010. The book Gonçalo Amaral's new book, "The English Gag - The story of a forbidden book", will be publicly launched on Friday, the 11th of December, 2009, at the Ler Devagar - Lx Factory bookshop, in Lisbon, at 6.30 p.m.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2010/oct/19/madeleine-mccann-book-ban-overturned

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2009/12/mordaca-inglesa-lancamento-book-launch.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

'TERRIBLE NEWS', Chapter 6 of A Mordaca Inglesa ('The English Gag'), by Dr Goncalo Amaral - How he learnt on Portuguese radio that his book had been banned at a secret court hearing that he knew absolutely nothing about   Empty The English Gag - where to buy?

Post by Trajan 28.06.14 23:49

Amaral's book  "The english Gag", where can I buy one?

Is it banned or not even published? Can't find it on bookstores.

Activity : 24

http://tandemvipera.de

Back to top Go down

'TERRIBLE NEWS', Chapter 6 of A Mordaca Inglesa ('The English Gag'), by Dr Goncalo Amaral - How he learnt on Portuguese radio that his book had been banned at a secret court hearing that he knew absolutely nothing about   Empty Re: 'TERRIBLE NEWS', Chapter 6 of A Mordaca Inglesa ('The English Gag'), by Dr Goncalo Amaral - How he learnt on Portuguese radio that his book had been banned at a secret court hearing that he knew absolutely nothing about

Post by lj 29.06.14 0:00

It's good to remember what a dirty tactics the pathetic parents apply. Real street fighters they are. 

Plus, I am sad to say so, how Dr. Amaral has been let down by his own country.

I hope karma comes soon for the depraved duo.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 29.06.14 0:03

What happened to the entire Portuguese population being a defendant? If that was still in that would have made for interesting testimony.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by Iamtheseeker 29.06.14 23:16

The Mccanns are attracted to money like the fly is attracted to shit , Its time common sense prevails , How can a parent who left under 4 year old children unattended can be treated s "victims" ? The fact that they do not want the book published is because they are scared of the truth revealed which will stop people donating to their "fund" .  SIMPLES
Iamtheseeker

Activity : 93

Back to top Go down

Post by Dee14 12.07.14 16:54

I cannot seem to find a copy of The English Gag in any format or language on the web, or even any discussion of the contents apart from this thread. What has happened this book? Is it possible to buy a copy in English?
Dee14

Activity : 14

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top