The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

CURTAINS FOR THE McCANNS by Dr Martin Roberts Mm11

CURTAINS FOR THE McCANNS by Dr Martin Roberts Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

CURTAINS FOR THE McCANNS by Dr Martin Roberts Mm11

CURTAINS FOR THE McCANNS by Dr Martin Roberts Regist10

CURTAINS FOR THE McCANNS by Dr Martin Roberts

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CURTAINS FOR THE McCANNS by Dr Martin Roberts Empty CURTAINS FOR THE McCANNS by Dr Martin Roberts

Post by Guest 27.12.13 9:53

EXCLUSIVE to mccannfiles.com

By Dr Martin Roberts

26 December 2013

CURTAINS FOR THE McCANNS

Kate McCann (interviewed)

"Well the shutter was up and the window was open, I'm not lying about that, and even if they want to say theoretically, 'oh she wandered out the back of the apartment', then they're basically saying a three-year old has opened the long curtains, closed them behind her, opened the patio doors, closed them behind her, opened the gate at the top of the stairs, closed that behind her (GM interjecting: 'with the child lock') and done the same at the bottom... you know it's just not... it's not possible."

So let's get this straight. The repertoire of manoeuvres described here by Kate McCann is what daughter Madeleine must have done had she departed 5A on her own initiative that Thursday night, May 3, 2007. That being so then the same observations must apply to the last person to have exited 5A via the patio before Kate McCann revisited the apartment at 10.00 p.m., necessarily navigating her way past all the re-positioned obstructions she personally describes in her interview. But there's a hitch.

If the McCanns had ever had their house ransacked they would know full well that burglars never tidy up after them, whether escaping with valuables (e.g., jewellery) or, in the McCann scheme of the world, incidentals, like a child in arms. Hence anyone fleeing the scene of the crime prior to Matthew Oldfield's 9.30 p.m. inspection would not have bothered to draw the drapes behind them, re-set the child-proof lock on the gate, etc., etc. And, if we examine Matthew Oldfield's various (redacted) accounts of his utterly pointless, and eventually fruitless, entry into the McCanns' apartment, we discover that he makes no reference whatsoever to unlocking gates or drawing back heavy curtains; only going through the door and 'seeing the light':

MO first statement

"That the door through which he entered the apartment was closed but not locked. That he doesn't know if it is usual for Madeleine's parents to leave the door closed but not locked in so far as that door is visible from the restaurant."

MO second statement

"...he took the quickest route between Russell's apartment and the side garden gate entrance to the rear patio of the McCann residence, to which he gained access through the glass sliding door into the apartment lounge. The door was closed but not locked as Kate had said it would be."

MO rogatory interview

"So I thought I might as well and I can report back and they can be, you know, be reassured that everything was okay. And we talked a lot in the previous interviews about what state the shutters were in, whether they were, and they were all definitely down, there's three shutters, you know, there's, you know, two, and they're all at the same level, there was no, I would have noticed if they were, if one was up and the rest were down, it would have looked odd.

"I went in to check on G**** and actually went in through the door, unlocked the door, looked in, into her room, all fine.

"So I went back and did the check on five 'A', on Madeleine and the kids, erm, and went back through the patio entrance, so through the gate, through the patio doors, erm, there was, it was light enough to see through the apartment and there sort of a little table light on the right at the end of the sofa and when you walk into the room, you could see straight into it, because the door was open.

"And I just sort of came back out really through the same way and shutting the patio doors.

4078 "Okay. Did you leave by the patio door?"

Reply "Yeah, back the same way, because this door would have been locked and that's the shortest way anyway of coming through there, so I would have gone back out the same door."

Clearly the only effort expended by Matthew Oldfield was in sliding back the patio door – hypothetically. He does not even conclude here with his exit as a statement of fact, merely one of likelihood ('I would have gone back out the same door'). There's really no call for the subjunctive mood in a situation as cut-and-dried as this one is attempting to be.

But back to the curtains.

It seems as though the abductor has already struck, and that Oldfield, in his naivety, has failed to notice the unlocked gate(s), the withdrawn drapes or the victim's absence. So he 'just sort of came back out really through the same way and shutting the patio doors', redressing absolutely nothing. How then did Kate McCann encounter all those closures, if neither the child snatcher nor Matthew Oldfield was responsible for them, to say nothing of Madeleine herself?

Oh, I know. The abductor wove in and out of the passers by to snatch his victim in-between Oldfield's visit at 9.30 (when all the shutters were down) and Kate McCann's return at 10.00 (when the bedroom shutter was open).

But he would still have left the patio curtains drawn back, the doors open and the gates unlocked.

Since we may reasonably infer, from Kate McCann's own description of the status quo at the time, that no sign of interference was evident (apart, that is, from the open bedroom window and raised shutter, something which Kate McCann would not lie about at least), it is therefore highly likely that no-one left 5A in a desperate hurry via the patio during this second half-hour either.

The non-discerning might, I suppose, subscribe to the poodle's prediction that, 'he got out of the window fairly easily', like a stale odour perhaps, or that he simply walked out through the front door, which Matthew Oldfield has already told us 'would have been locked'. There's 'no way' of course that Madeleine herself could have done either of those things, is there?

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id232.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

CURTAINS FOR THE McCANNS by Dr Martin Roberts Empty Re: CURTAINS FOR THE McCANNS by Dr Martin Roberts

Post by Okeydokey 27.12.13 17:28

It's always been my view that MO's evidence is the weakest link.

If you watch the TV mockumentary by the McCanns and contrast his claim as to where he was standing (stated with no great conviction in front of the cameras) and his statement about seeing the twins' breathing (despite them being in a cot with mesh sides and being in semi-darkness) you can see something ain't right.
Okeydokey

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

CURTAINS FOR THE McCANNS by Dr Martin Roberts Empty Re: CURTAINS FOR THE McCANNS by Dr Martin Roberts

Post by Guest 27.12.13 17:45

Okeydokey wrote:It's always been my view that MO's evidence is the weakest link.

If you watch the TV mockumentary by the McCanns and contrast his claim as to where he was standing (stated with no great conviction in front of the cameras) and his statement about seeing the twins' breathing (despite them being in a cot with mesh sides and being in semi-darkness) you can see something ain't right.

I don't know if it is the weakest link, there are so many to choose from that night.
But I agree with you. Aside from the fact it was a strange thing to comment on, breathing ? ? (bearing in mind he was not an anaesthetist but an endocrinologist and a father), I don't believe it was something he could see. From the various positions he stated he stood in the room, from the width of the door, the lighting, the cot sides, the blankets...
So why was "breathing" so important. Were they sedated? Was that what he was sent to check? If he did indeed go to check of course.
But only check two out of three? I know the lyrics say "2 out of 3 aint bad" but they were not his children and he surely has some little sense of responsibility. After all it was apparently his initiative.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27.12.13 18:26

Oops, good observation: why didn't he just say [true or not] he saw them? Why did he say, he saw the breathing? Food for new thoughts ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck 27.12.13 19:16

dantezebu wrote:
Okeydokey wrote:It's always been my view that MO's evidence is the weakest link.

I don't know if it is the weakest link, there are so many to choose from that night.
But I agree with you. Aside from the fact it was a strange thing to comment on, breathing ? ? (bearing in mind he was not an anaesthetist but an endocrinologist and a father), I don't believe it was something he could see. From the various positions he stated he stood in the room, from the width of the door, the lighting, the cot sides, the blankets...
So why was "breathing" so important. Were they sedated? Was that what he was sent to check? If he did indeed go to check of course.
But only check two out of three? I know the lyrics say "2 out of 3 aint bad" but they were not his children and he surely has some little sense of responsibility. After all it was apparently his initiative.
So many to choose from indeed.  Recently posted a comment on that very subject on the "Alex Woolfall 'knows': 'The Last Photo', and other photos of Madeleine in Praia da Luz" thread, regarding ROB's replies to questions about printing and distributing MMcC photos on the night of 3 May 2007, which could easily give MO a run for his money.

And as you say, a lot of people seemed exercised by the twins' breathing that night, but strangely enough not M's.
Monty Heck

Activity : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanie 27.12.13 19:17

We also have Fiona Payne saying on the night of The 3rd, Kate checked the twins were breathing!
Beanie

Activity : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 27.12.13 19:27

It is indeed very strange that MO said what he said about the twins breathing which was completely impossible if the other aspects were true, i.e. they were in mesh sided cots in an unlit room and he didn't go over to the cots and really peer in. And equally implausible that Kate/Fiona/whomsoever put a hand on their backs/finger under nose etc and took it no further as the children were clearly close to comatose amidst the chaos, confusion and noise.

NONE of these things that were said in the statements rings true. NONE. Nor does anything else. Each and every one of the Tapas mob should have been arrested no more than a couple of days later on child abandonment/neglect grounds, and released shortly after without charge if needs be, but ONLY after a THOROUGH interrogation so that they did not have time to collude with their rubbish contradictory statements, which continued to change and be vague. Once they had time to completely mess up the beginnings of the investigation, and been spouting off to the media it became virtually impossible to to make any sense out of the situation.

IMO this was the intention of the Tapas group. The Portugese were too ice to them. They should have been forced back to the reconstruction as well.

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanie 27.12.13 19:36

IMO Kate has sealed her own fate, her book Madeleine was her biggest mistake and whoever advised her it was a good idea is anyone's guess.
Beanie

Activity : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs 27.12.13 20:50

"Well the shutter was up and the window was open, I'm not lying about that,"

Oh deary deary deary.
Out of the mouth speaks the truth

She admits here she is lying and has lied about other things.

This is close, that is distancing, for there to be a that there has to be a this.

So, kate what are you lying about if it isn't the shutter and window.

YOu don't tell us when they were up/ open so we can't assume.
It could have been the day your arrived.
You don't tell us so i can't assume.

Researcher/Analyst

Activity : 1825

http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 27.12.13 21:02

'Mrs McCann', as AR called her throughout CW, has yet to explain why, having seen the shutter up and window open, she didn't immediately put her head out of the children's bedroom window or run out of the front door to the apartment to see if Madeleine had climbed out and fallen on to the path below, or was wandering in the car park. 

Instead, she chose to leave the twins exposed to the vagaries of the elements and passersby while she ran out of the rear of the apartment and round to the Tapas bar which, in Gerry's words, was just like eating 'in your back garden' - in which case a shout from the balcony at the rear of the apartment would undoubtedly have brought her fellow diners running.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 28.12.13 1:43

ultimaThule wrote:'Mrs McCann', as AR called her throughout CW, has yet to explain why, having seen the shutter up and window open, she didn't immediately put her head out of the children's bedroom window or run out of the front door to the apartment to see if Madeleine had climbed out and fallen on to the path below, or was wandering in the car park. 

Instead, she chose to leave the twins exposed to the vagaries of the elements and passersby while she ran out of the rear of the apartment and round to the Tapas bar which, in Gerry's words, was just like eating 'in your back garden' - in which case a shout from the balcony at the rear of the apartment would undoubtedly have brought her fellow diners running.

She didn't 'expose' them to vagaries, did she?

Jane Tanner was, conveniently, on twin 'watch' when KM went back out of sight to the tapas, leaving the window open and the shutter up, as GM confirms in his sworn statement, to make sure the twins were not 'taken' by a passing 'abductor'..
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 28.12.13 4:03

It seems I've missed something... would this be the same Jane Tanner who was 'relieving' (juvenile snigger) Russell O'Brien of the chore of caring for their own children in their separate self-contained apartment in order that he could have a fresh steak cooked for him at the Tapas?

Is it known whether Kate alerted Jane Tanner to a sudden urgent need of her services by means of telepathic communication, or did she climb out of the open window or go out of the front door to knock on Jane's?
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 28.12.13 7:08

jeanmonroe wrote:
ultimaThule wrote:'Mrs McCann', as AR called her throughout CW, has yet to explain why, having seen the shutter up and window open, she didn't immediately put her head out of the children's bedroom window or run out of the front door to the apartment to see if Madeleine had climbed out and fallen on to the path below, or was wandering in the car park. 

She didn't 'expose' them to vagaries, did she?

Jane Tanner was, conveniently, on twin 'watch' when KM went back out of sight to the tapas, leaving the window open and the shutter up, as GM confirms in his sworn statement, to make sure the twins were not 'taken' by a passing 'abductor'..

Iirc that's not in the book? Because of her medical training she rushed through the flat, then ran to the Tapas.
She looked in cupboards to see if M was 'cowering' there. So somehow those flying curtains, the open window wasn't that convincing?
Just as well she stopped practicing medicine.
No mention of detailing JT to watch the twins.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsC 28.12.13 9:44

candyfloss wrote:

Kate McCann (interviewed)

"Well the shutter was up and the window was open, I'm not lying about that

Why would she even say that?  Shocked If her words don't give her away then the tone of voice when she utters them do.

If she's not lying about that then just what is she lying about?

Would love to know what Hobs thinks.

The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out...

Thomas Babington Macaulay
MrsC
MrsC

Activity : 413

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rooster 28.12.13 10:06

Simply suggests that she has lied about other things!

The Rooster

Activity : 524

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey 28.12.13 23:06

Yes, good point. Not sure I've heard that said before.
Okeydokey

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 28.12.13 23:17

Beanie wrote:IMO Kate has sealed her own fate, her book Madeleine was her biggest mistake and whoever advised her it was a good idea is anyone's guess.

I think so too Beanie, she gives herself away in every page.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi 29.12.13 0:09

Interesting the fact that Oldfield did not feel a different temperature (colder) when he went inside the sleeping room(1st statement) neither when he stood in front of the door, let alone the fact he did not notice the broken shutters.

Gerry asserted that the aductor was already in the apartment when he checked on the children, that the abductor came through the window,  and he also did not feel any different temperature and he did not see the broken shutters.

If British doctors suffer of such a lack of observation, I believe that Kate dealed with 6 corpses in a very short time.
marconi

Activity : 1104

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top