The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

On Top: Dr Martin Roberts Mm11

On Top: Dr Martin Roberts Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

On Top: Dr Martin Roberts Mm11

On Top: Dr Martin Roberts Regist10

On Top: Dr Martin Roberts

View previous topic View next topic Go down

On Top: Dr Martin Roberts Empty On Top: Dr Martin Roberts

Post by Guest 27.01.13 17:01

Just noticed Dr Roberts back in the picture on McCann files. Read all about it!

Doing that, something creeps up to me and holds me hostage.

These poor people, a father and a mother, bereft of their first born baby: swamped by (almost) the Universe of Spindoctors and Media:

How on Earth could they be suspected to survive?

Remember: they are medics, not lawyers. Nothing can possibly have prepared them for the avalanche of counsellors and lawyers descending upon them.

Have they been running the show? I think not.

Have the vultures? I am convinced they have.

I'm surpised they are still up and about.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

On Top: Dr Martin Roberts Empty Re: On Top: Dr Martin Roberts

Post by Jill Havern 27.01.13 17:28

By Dr Martin Roberts
27 January 2013

FORWARD THINKING

'Ice-berg dead ahead!' Too late.

Of course, knowing there are ice-bergs in the area one might, as an act of prudence, advance more cautiously than at record-breaking speed. That's what hindsight would tell us. But in the on-going saga of Kate and Gerry McCann (as in the all-encompassing book, Madeleine is written out of the story early on) anticipation was always very much the name of the game; like making sure you get the clothes washed before the forensic team arrives, or getting your information into the investigation at the appropriate time. It's what you do. So, years later, and the leopard being as spotty as heretofore, one might wonder exactly why Dr Gerry McCann should have publicly urged prime minister David Cameron to 'do the right thing' in the face of the Leveson report on press conduct, and enact the recommendations therein.

First off, where is the evidence from either of the McCanns' own track records that their evaluation of the 'right thing' should be respected? 'Clamming up' before an investigation into the whereabouts of a missing daughter can hardly be seen as doing the right thing, by the child at any rate. And as for frittering away other peoples' money on a world-wide 'search' conducted by one man and his dog, with only the dog on station...

But let's not be unduly harsh. The McCanns seem to have a certain moral compass, even though it might appear to open with some difficulty.

In the summer of 2011 the pair were interviewed for Australian TV programme Seven on Sunday, during which interview Gerry McCann stated, with reference to Madeleine: "And if she died, while we were in the apartment, or fell injured, why would we... why would we cover that up?"

It is a moot point whether, in the above construct, Madeleine's 'falling injured' is to be considered alongside the parents' presence in the apartment or not. Be that as it may, there is one thing for sure that we are allowed to conclude from this statement: Madeleine did not sustain an accidental injury. Had she done so the McCanns, according to husband Gerry, would have done the right thing and reported it. They didn't. So she didn't (have an accident). Of course one could introduce the caveat that Gerry McCann is referring expressly and solely to such an eventuality occurring while the parents were present, which does not preclude its happening during their absence, foreseen or otherwise. But then there's Kate's much earlier contribution to consider. In an Interview for Flash! Magazine she is reported as saying, "What happened is not due to our leaving the children asleep. I know it happened under other circumstances."

Whatever it was, therefore, happened when the children were not left asleep. Yet no accident was reported. So no accident occurred.

'It was an abduction wot happened!' they cry.

Not in the hour between 9.00 and 10.00 p.m. that Thursday it didn't (see Crystal Clear/Another Story – McCannfiles 19/25.3.2012).

But to return to the Leveson moment, why should Dr Gerry McCann have come out in public support of press controls supported by legislation?

According to record, the McCanns, having been abused by the press in the past, have been richly reimbursed for their suffering. The press, for their part, having experienced the nature of the McCann Rottweiler, are unlikely to repeat their error. Once bitten, twice shy. The newspapers have ever since been noticeably coy in their coverage of the pair and events surrounding them.

So why should the McCanns themselves be overly concerned about press behaviour in the wake of the Leveson inquiry; an investigation to which they contributed as witnesses to what they claim was an historical abuse of privilege? Altruism is not in their game plan.

Such concern is revealing. It reveals Dr Gerry McCann up in the crow's nest, keen to pre-empt another press onslaught in the future. Why? The risk of a future media attack can only exist if the potential is there.

Journalists are free to publish information emerging from court proceedings and, as we know, a rather significant court case was on the horizon. Whether enacted in London or Lisbon, a libel trial would inevitably bring information freely onto breakfast tables that the McCanns had already spent large sums trying to suppress. In addition, a fully reported libel trial, of Dr Amaral in this instance, would represent an advertisement for his book; the very book the McCanns would rather the UK public at large knew nothing about.

And who is to say what information may or may not emerge in the course of such proceedings. Remember the filibustering on the steps of the Lisbon courthouse following the revelation of Kate McCann's dream, when cardiologist (not neuro-surgeon) Dr Gerry McCann placed himself in the absurd position of denying his wife's mental activity? Dr Amaral's 'purported' thesis being multi-faceted, about the only way the McCanns might discredit it in its entirety would be if they were to turn up at court with Madeleine in tow.

There is currently some indication that the McCanns are seeking 'vindication' from Dr. Amaral. Whether that might take the form of a million or so euros is unclear, but should the McCanns vs. Amaral proceed to trial, and the McCanns lose, then it will be the author who is vindicated. And what a can of worms that would open up! It would not take a 'first' in classics to unite a validated proposition of no abduction with the McCanns own denial of any accident.

The media have made considerable capital of late from Lance Armstrong, who abused his own body in order to enrich himself at the expense of other cyclists, none of whom were physically injured as a consequence. What lies in wait for the McCanns I wonder?

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41059

Back to top Go down

Post by david_uk 28.01.13 9:07

I've missed Dr Roberts! Welcome back !

david_uk

Activity : 342

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost 28.01.13 21:48

Portia wrote:Just noticed Dr Roberts back in the picture on McCann files. Read all about it!

These poor people, a father and a mother, bereft of their first born baby: swamped by (almost) the Universe of Spindoctors and Media:

Remember: they are medics, not lawyers. Nothing can possibly have prepared them for the avalanche of counsellors and lawyers descending upon them.

What do you mean exactly? Are you saying the Mccanns felt forced to hire lawyers, PR merchants etc
Inspectorfrost

Activity : 878

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady-Heather 28.01.13 22:05

Inspectorfrost wrote:
Portia wrote:Just noticed Dr Roberts back in the picture on McCann files. Read all about it!

What do you mean exactly? Are you saying the Mccanns felt forced to hire lawyers, PR merchants etc

Perhaps not running the show, at least not as of 3rd May 2007 once all hell was let loose. But certainly they certainly they instigated it, .. IMO.
Lady-Heather
Lady-Heather

Activity : 138

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost 28.01.13 22:27

Theywere running the show from the off so I just dont understand Portias post. Unless it has to do with blackmail or other skullduggery.
Inspectorfrost

Activity : 878

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top