The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Phone Hacking Trial: Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson trial begins today:UPDATE BROOKS NOT GUILTY, COULSON GUILTY - Page 3 Mm11

Phone Hacking Trial: Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson trial begins today:UPDATE BROOKS NOT GUILTY, COULSON GUILTY - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Phone Hacking Trial: Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson trial begins today:UPDATE BROOKS NOT GUILTY, COULSON GUILTY - Page 3 Mm11

Phone Hacking Trial: Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson trial begins today:UPDATE BROOKS NOT GUILTY, COULSON GUILTY - Page 3 Regist10

Phone Hacking Trial: Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson trial begins today:UPDATE BROOKS NOT GUILTY, COULSON GUILTY

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Phone Hacking Trial: Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson trial begins today:UPDATE BROOKS NOT GUILTY, COULSON GUILTY - Page 3 Empty Re: Phone Hacking Trial: Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson trial begins today:UPDATE BROOKS NOT GUILTY, COULSON GUILTY

Post by tiny 28.01.14 13:39

Martin Hickman@martin_hickman 23 hrs
Evans is a supergrass: he's pleaded guilty to phone hacking at Sunday Mirror and NoW, now done deal with CPS.

is there hope for Madeleine or am I reading this wrong
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Phone Hacking Trial: Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson trial begins today:UPDATE BROOKS NOT GUILTY, COULSON GUILTY - Page 3 Empty Re: Phone Hacking Trial: Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson trial begins today:UPDATE BROOKS NOT GUILTY, COULSON GUILTY

Post by Mirage 28.01.14 14:06

tiny wrote:Martin Hickman@martin_hickman 23 hrs
Evans is a supergrass: he's pleaded guilty to phone hacking at Sunday Mirror and NoW, now done deal with CPS.

I
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Phone Hacking Trial: Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson trial begins today:UPDATE BROOKS NOT GUILTY, COULSON GUILTY - Page 3 Empty You couldn't make this up !

Post by PeterMac 05.02.14 8:31

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/hacking-trial-rebekah-brooks-had-200000-deal-to-silence-max-clifford-9107744.html

Hacking trial: Rebekah Brooks ‘had £200,000 deal to silence Max Clifford’

Phone-hacking trial told how News International wanted to halt civil claim
CAHAL MILMO Tuesday 04 February 2014

Senior executives at Rupert Murdoch’s News International considered giving publicist Max Clifford a £200,000 annual contract in the expectation he would halt a civil phone-hacking damages claim, the Old Bailey heard.
Rebekah Brooks, the former chief executive of NI, took part in the discussions in 2010 over how to cope with emerging lawsuits against the News of the World from alleged victims of voicemail interception and concerns that private investigator Glenn Mulcaire would be ordered to name people he had dealt with at the now defunct Sunday newspaper.

A jury at the Old Bailey in central London heard that Mrs Brooks had concerns about the potential deal with Mr Clifford because it might look like the company was trying to buy the PR man’s silence.
Notes from a meeting between NI managers and lawyers in January 2010 said that Mrs Brooks had persuaded Mr Clifford to agree to a £200,000 deal to “represent The Sun/do business with The Sun” and if it was put in writing he would “call off the lawyers”. It was suggested that Mrs Brooks could even meet the publicist with the money.
A memo of the discussion, read to jurors by prosecutor Andrew Edis QC, said: “We either get something in writing or she could physically turn up with the cash to see him.”

The trial was told there was a time pressure to conclude the deal before Mulcaire, who had been jailed in 2007 in relation to hacking the voicemails of members of the royal household, was compelled to disclose the identities of journalists employed by NI subsidiary News Group Newspapers (NGN), who were allegedly involved in eavesdropping. Mulcaire has pleaded guilty to hacking-related charges at an earlier stage of the current proceedings.
The internal NI memo continued: “You have to think about what is worse – her doing a deal with Max which will be perceived as a cover-up or indemnifying Mulcaire so that he doesn’t say anything about NGN.
“[Mulcaire] could say anything and he could say anybody… Brooks said it would look terrible if seen to be ‘buying off Max’.”

In a later email read to the hacking trial, Mrs Brooks said she was in the “throes of a settlement” with “slippery fish” Mr Clifford and appeared keen to avoid any further disagreement with the PR man.
The court heard that a month after the January 2010 meeting, Mulcaire was ordered by a judge to divulge the names of those who he said had asked him to hack phones. Following this, Mr Clifford made a settlement “privately” with Mrs Brooks which included £200,000 to cover legal costs.
Detective Constable Richard Fitzgerald told the court that he had examined billing data from Mulcaire’s phone, two lines at the NOTW and the home phone number of former NOTW royal editor Clive Goodman, who has denied conspiracy to commit misconduct in a public office. The data showed that Mulcaire made 1,450 calls to 87 different voicemails in a six-month period between 2005 and 2006.
The disclosures came as the prosecution enters the final stages of its case against Mrs Brooks and six co-defendants, who deny all the charges against them.
A total of 282 people had their voicemails accessed 6,813 times between 2004 and 2006, according to billing data from phone lines used to carry out the interceptions, the court heard.
The jury was told that the trial could last until May.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16581

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 05.02.14 10:31

PeterMac wrote:http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/hacking-trial-rebekah-brooks-had-200000-deal-to-silence-max-clifford-9107744.html
Hacking trial: Rebekah Brooks ‘had £200,000 deal to silence Max Clifford’

Phone-hacking trial told how News International wanted to halt civil claim

Notes from a meeting between NI managers and lawyers in January 2010 said that Mrs Brooks had persuaded Mr Clifford to agree to a £200,000 deal to “represent The Sun/do business with The Sun” and if it was put in writing he would “call off the lawyers”. It was suggested that Mrs Brooks could even meet the publicist with the money. A memo of the discussion, read to jurors by prosecutor Andrew Edis QC, said: “We either get something in writing or she could physically turn up with the cash to see him.”

REST SNIPPED

The jury was told that the trial could last until May.

Rebekah Brooks to Max Clifford: "It's all in my big handbag here, 200 grand in fifties. I suppose you'll want to count them?"

Max Clifford to Rebekah Brooks:  "Not that I don't trust you, or anythng, but, yes, I will". 

[ FACTUAL NOTE:  £200,000 in fifty pound notes would be 4,000 x £50 notes ]

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 05.02.14 12:30

Two presumably embargoed press releases today on the Met Police Press Page.

'Arrest under Operation Elvedon"

'UPDATE: Man Bailed by Operation Elvedon'

but no content as yet.

I wonder if they relate to yesterdays Court revelations.
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 05.02.14 12:32

Not sure what `done deal with CPS` means.  Am I hoping for too much when I hope he hacked the Mcs phones and has done a deal with the CPS?

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 05.02.14 12:35

Woofer wrote:

Not sure what `done deal with CPS` means.  Am I hoping for too much when I hope he hacked the Mcs phones and has done a deal with the CPS?
That's what I am hoping for
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 05.02.14 14:16

Press release content now posted.

'Officers from Operation Elveden today arrested a man [Elveden Arrest 84 - 66ys] at a residential address in Buckinghamshire on suspicion of misconduct in public office. 

The man, a former member of HM Prison Service staff, was taken to a Thames Valley police station. He has since been bailed to a date in May 2014.

Operation Elveden is the MPS inquiry into allegations of inappropriate payments to police and public officials. It is being supervised by the IPCC and is running in conjunction with Operation Weeting, the MPS phone-hacking inquiry'.
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Post by Who?What?Where? 14.02.14 22:49

“[Mulcaire] could say anything and he could say anybody… Brooks said it would look terrible if seen to be ‘buying off Max’.”

I have always assumed, that Clifford, would, always go, to the highest bidder.

He seem's to be all about the money.

Is he, now, all about the integrity?

Brooks, look's terrible, Clifford, look's terrible. Champagne Charlie, look's terrible. The people who are, deliberately, around them because of all that they may offer, .....all look terrible.

What a surprise.
Who?What?Where?

Activity : 196

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 21.02.14 15:14

The judge has ordered that one charge against Becky Brookes is dropped so she is now facing 4 charges.

The one that has been dropped was something to do with authorising payments for photos of Prince William in a bikini.   

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/460791/Rebekah-Brooks-denies-any-knowledge-of-phone-hacking-at-News-of-the-World-at-trial
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic72 21.02.14 20:19

I had no idea Rebekah Brooks used to be married to Ross Kemp!

Mind totally blown!

sonic72
sonic72

Activity : 416

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.02.14 20:59

sonic72 wrote:I had no idea Rebekah Brooks used to be married to Ross Kemp!

Mind totally blown!
Take a deep breath and help yourself to some alcohol [I recommend a genuine red Bordeaux of sorts]  big grin 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 21.02.14 21:12

Mind totally blown!
She was once arrested for an assault on Ross Kemp.

Seriously!

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.02.14 21:16

Tony Bennett wrote:

Mind totally blown!

Seriously!

Yes, here is the story..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-367528/Sun-editor-admits-row-got-hand.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe 21.02.14 21:26

Tony Bennett wrote:

Mind totally blown!

Seriously!

Same sex marriages often lead to domestic violence.
diatribe

Activity : 608

Back to top Go down

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 22.02.14 19:24

Tony Bennett wrote:

Mind totally blown!

Seriously!
I was thinking about that story the other day Tony, having read this story about Kemp facing down an armed man - link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2549169/Youre-not-gonna-f-kill-Eastenders-star-Ross-Kemp-faces-armed-guerrillas-filming-new-show.html

He faced down this armed man whilst making a tv programme but it seems he couldn't face down his missus at the time.    big grin

armed man, tv cameras rolling,  hard man grabs gun.    wow    eyebrows
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 22.02.14 22:09

I think Ross Kemp was amazing , far easier to let the red mist descend, but so much harder to be restrained!He made a choice and I don't think his reputation has suffered because of it.
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 13.03.14 20:19

After reading through most of the reports of the trial, I notice that the red-hair-mare is a slippery fish, adept at evading questions with clever play or words and mind game.  

The verdict is anyone's guess.  
It's not an easy one to discern.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 28.03.14 21:09

Phone-hacking trial: Rebekah Brooks was 'relieved' to resign

Phone Hacking Trial: Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson trial begins today:UPDATE BROOKS NOT GUILTY, COULSON GUILTY - Page 3 _73882902_73882901
Mr Brooks said his wife wanted to avoid a "killer photograph" of being arrested

Phone hacking trial

• Q&A: Answers to key questions
  • Who's who? Defendant profiles
  • Hacking trial: Defence story so far
  • Hacking trial: The prosecution's case

Charlie Brooks has told the phone-hacking trial that his wife, Rebekah, was relieved when she was asked to resign from her position as chief executive of News International.

He said Rupert Murdoch had tried to stop her resigning but the company's then executive chairman, James Murdoch, later decided she should go.

It followed extensive revelations of illegal phone hacking by journalists.

Mr and Mrs Brooks deny the various charges against them.

In testimony at the Old Bailey in London, Mr Brooks described his wife's state of mind, saying she was "pretty wrecked" as allegations of phone-hacking mounted.

He said Rupert Murdoch had contacted him after allegations, in July 2011, that News International journalists had hacked the mobile phone of the murdered schoolgirl Milly Dowler.

Mr Brooks said Mr Murdoch knew that Mrs Brooks was upset and wanted to resign.

"He explicitly told me if she shows any signs she was going to resign, I should ring him in America so he could ring her and stop her resigning," Mr Brooks said.

Phone Hacking Trial: Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson trial begins today:UPDATE BROOKS NOT GUILTY, COULSON GUILTY - Page 3 _73887823_73887822
Mr Brooks said he and his wife had cut short a holiday in order in deal with the unfolding crisis at News International

Mr Brooks said his wife had planned to take a leave of absence from her job but the crisis finally reached the point later in July 2011 where James Murdoch, then the company chairman, decided she should resign.

Mr Brooks said James Murdoch had rung him to ask him to pass on a message to this effect to his wife.

Mr Brooks said that after he did so, Mrs Brooks replied: "Thank god for that. I've been telling them that."

"I think she was quite relieved," Mr Brooks said.

Earlier, Mr Brooks described how he and his wife had cut short a holiday in order to deal with the unfolding crisis at News International, owner of the News of the World and Sun newspapers.

Who are the defendants?

Phone Hacking Trial: Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson trial begins today:UPDATE BROOKS NOT GUILTY, COULSON GUILTY - Page 3 _71697643_new7composite624

• Read profiles of the defendants

He also said there was a second reason for changing their return date - they had received advice that Mrs Brooks was likely to be arrested when the couple flew in to Heathrow Airport and hoped that an earlier return might prevent any photographers at the airport getting "the killer photograph".

Asked what that was, he replied: "The career-ending photograph - you being led out of your home or led out of Heathrow handcuffed, surrounded by police.

"You are never going to get another job."

Mr Brooks, 51, of Churchill, Oxfordshire is accused of trying to hide potential evidence from police.

He told the jury that laptops he had concealed behind bins in the underground car park at his Chelsea Harbour flat contained drafts and proposals for books he hoped to have published.

"I think it's fair to say there was quite a lot of smut as well," Mr Brooks said, referring to what his wife has called his "rather large porn collection".

Johnny the Fish

Earlier, Mr Brooks prompted laughter in court as he gave details of several failed business ventures including a pub which he had co-owned with "someone called Johnny the Fish".

"After about a year, I worked out why he was called Johnny the Fish," Mr Brooks said.

Mr Brooks denies conspiring to pervert the course of justice.

Mrs Brooks, 45, denies conspiracy to hack phones, conspiracy to commit misconduct in a public office and conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.

The trial continues.

+++++++++++++++++++++

REPLY: Well, I am shocked. The husband of Rebekah Brooks had 'a rather large porn collection'. Who'd 'ave thought it?

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 28.03.14 21:28

I'm shocked too, from being married to a hard man to a man with failed businesses who liked to watch rather a lot of porn.  I wouldn't ave thought it.

Johnny the Fish  -  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/horseracing/2340870/Fish-is-hooked.html

Must be the same man?
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 28.03.14 22:24

plebgate wrote:I'm shocked too, from being married to a hard man to a man with failed businesses who liked to watch rather a lot of porn.  I wouldn't ave thought it.

Johnny the Fish  -  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/horseracing/2340870/Fish-is-hooked.html

Must be the same man?

Not just any porn, but lesbian porn, does not make sense at all.

I think RB is making it up to excuse his action of helping her to hide PC from Police.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 28.03.14 23:09

Wouldn't surprise me at all aiyoyo.   Not at all.   

and still people suck up to these so called elites and many will do anything to get in with them.  Sad, very, very sad.
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 28.03.14 23:27

plebgate wrote:Wouldn't surprise me at all aiyoyo.   Not at all.   

and still people suck up to these so called elites and many will do anything to get in with them.  Sad, very, very sad.

When she was in power people suck up to her, but all that will change when she becomes ex-convict.
Just wait till she's sentenced to serve time then she will find out how many friends she has left, and she'd lucky if she can count them up to one hand.

I doubt people in power will seek her out once there's nothing in it for them, when they can't milk her power anymore, she's a used object that can be discarded without second thought.

She was a nobody whose meteoric rise is history and so she is history in the making too.

Tony and Cameron fawn over her because of Murdoch and once that is taken out of the equation she's out of the equation with them as well I should think.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 19.06.14 18:37

The jury have been out since 11 June and, during the times the deliberations are taking place, the defendants have now been told to stay within 15 minutes of the Old Bailey in the event of a verdict being returned.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top