The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

3 Female Columnists - Their Latest McCann Comments

View previous topic View next topic Go down

3 Female Columnists - Their Latest McCann Comments

Post by hermes333 on 19.10.13 21:06

First we have Jane Moore, in 'The Sun', who wrote this piece on Wednesday, (16th October), & used the word 'ludicrous'.
 A word that Lorraine Kelly used in her 12th October defence of Gerry & Kate. A word that Clarence Mitchell likes to use.
It is almost as if they all read from the same script. (It sounds like Jane is tired of the 'Case' now - and the way that she
 mentions Gerry at the Leveson Inquiry, makes it appear that she & 'The Sun' are annoyed that he did not mention their help).

 'The Sun' Wednesday 16th October 2013

   Jane Moore

  If Maddie hunt fails let police move on

WHEN the Portuguese police named Kate and Gerry McCann as "arguidos" in the disappearance of their daughter, this column
immediately dismissed the accusation as ludicrous.
  To this day I have never wavered in my belief that they simply made a mistake in leaving their children alone and have paid
an unimaginably painful price for it ever since.

    When she was first abducted this newspaper group gave a substantial donation to kickstart the "Find Madeleine' fund.

    It was also hugely instrumental in applying pressure on the Government to reopen the inquiry into her disappearance.
I mention this soley for the purposes of context because little of this support was mentioned when Madeleine's father
 Gerry - now a member of Hacked Off - gave evidence to the Leveson Inquiry into the codes and practices of the
 media. The tabloids in particular were collectively painted as having overstepped the mark in the coverage of Madeleine's
 disappearance, and perhaps some of them did.

   But the fact remains that the McCanns have been given unprecedented media support in their continued search for their
daughter, support that the many parents of other missing children can only dream of.
  And the astonishing 7.2 million rating for Crimewatch shows that the public remains fascinated by this case too.

  But the burning question is what happens next?

  Don't get me wrong, if it was my daughter who was missing I would be following their example and doing everything in my
power to keep her in the public mindset. And if the e-fits - which aren't new and could describe hundreds of thousands of
men throughout Europe - lead somewhere and the poor McCanns find out exactly what happened to their daughter on
May 3rd 2007, then brilliant.

  Sympathy

  But, taking an objective stance, if this latest round of publicity does not lead anywhere, then it is time to draw a line and
channel already stretched police resources to other equally deserving cases?

  In losing Madeleine, the McCanns - for whom I continue to have the utmost sympathy - have been hideously unlucky.
But set within the heart-breaking context of other desperate parents searching for a missing child, the national support
they continue to get makes them more fortunate than most.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


And this next piece was written by Alison Phillips in the 'Daily Mirror' on Wednesday. I don't know if she is Fiona Phillips
sister, but they certainly look alike, & both believe what Gerry & Kate claim happened on May 3rd 2007.

 'Daily Mirror' Wednesday 16th October 2013

  ALISON PHILLIPS

    ONE SPLIT-SECOND, YEARS OF PAIN
 
     There is a split-second in all our lives where if we had acted differently at that moment,  our stories would have been entirely different.

  But no sliding doors situation could have had quite such devastating consequences as it did for Kate McCann.   For now police believe she
 missed saving Madeleine from the hands of her abductor by just moments. If only she'd walked back a little quicker to their apartment.
she must think. If only she'd left the table a minute earlier.

    Kate's description on Crimewatch on Monday of the moment she realised her daughter was missing was harrowing to watch. There
 are few parents who haven't endured the heart-stopping moment when you look around and can't see your child. But for those few
minutes of panic to stretch into a lifetime of loss is too horrific to imagine.

   To relive those moments must be agonising for Kate McCann. She also knows her public appearance will have reignited
the conspiracy theorists and haters who have been so vile to the family in the intervening years.

  Yes the parents made a terrible mistake by leaving their daughter alone that night, but by goodness they have paid for it. Let's hope
 we are one step closer to finding out what happened back in that devastating moment back in 2007 for the sake of the McCann family.
But mostly for the sake of Madeleine.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

'The Sun' - Saturday October 19th

  Lorraine Kelly

  HOPE ON MADDIE

  THERE has been an encouraging response to the latest appeal from Gerry and Kate McCann on the disappearance of their daughter.
Even if you discount the usual nutters and fruit loops, such a big response could mean one of the people who called the helpline may
hold the key to unlocking this tragedy.

 Her parents have been astonishing in their dignity and tireless quest to find their beloved little girl.

  I hope with all my heart that one day they will be reunited with their child and they will appreciate how hard they fought to find her.

hermes333

Posts : 9
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Female Columnists - Their Latest McCann Comments

Post by suzyjohnson on 19.10.13 21:35

It isn't about finding Madeleine for the sake of her parents (although if they really don't know what happened to her, I hope they do manage to find something out) but about finding Madeleine for her own sake. And, in the event that they cannot help her, then hopefully what the police discover will benefit other children in danger.

However if her parents do already know where their daughter is then they would be responsible for wasting vast amounts of police time and resources.

____________________


suzyjohnson

Posts : 1004
Reputation : 132
Join date : 2013-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Female Columnists - Their Latest McCann Comments

Post by tiredofthebs on 19.10.13 22:51

Ludicrous is one of the favourite words of team McCann. I remember in September 2007 when the news about the hire car DNA etc broke, every single news outlet and spokesperson was hammering the "ludicrous" word.

____________________
"Cadaver dog? What is it? Lassie?" - Philomena McCann, This Morning, September 2007

tiredofthebs

Posts : 176
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2013-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Female Columnists - Their Latest McCann Comments

Post by ultimaThule on 20.10.13 2:21

@suzyjohnson wrote:It isn't about finding Madeleine for the sake of her parents (although if they really don't know what happened to her, I hope they do manage to find something out) but about finding Madeleine for her own sake. And, in the event that they cannot help her, then hopefully what the police discover will benefit other children in danger.

However if her parents do already know where their daughter is then they would be responsible for wasting vast amounts of police time and resources.
Not to mention the small matter of defrauding the public of £millions by way of soliciting donations to their limited company fund which has enabled them to live high on the hog leave no stones unturned in 5* hotels around the world.

ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Female Columnists - Their Latest McCann Comments

Post by ultimaThule on 20.10.13 5:55

The drivel produced by these 3 harpies has reminded me of Chairman Bren and her recent widely ignored dictat that no-one should spoil the Crimewatch 'party'.

There's none so zealous as a convert and it will be interesting to see what venom sermon this tedious threesome will preach when they experience their own 'revelation moment'.  Will the theme be smiting, smoting, and stoning, or judge not lest you be judged?  yawn

ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Female Columnists - Their Latest McCann Comments

Post by plebgate on 20.10.13 8:23

Snipped for Alsion Phillips' masterpiece -


 " Yes the parents made a terrible mistake by leaving their daughter alone that night, but by goodness they have paid for it. Let's hope
 we are one step closer to finding out what happened back in that devastating moment back in 2007 for the sake of the McCann family.
But mostly for the sake of Madeleine."

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

There were 3 children were left alone on several nights (not just Maddie)- hardly a mistake in my book.   The parents have paid for their mistake Phillips says - really, not nearly as much as Maddie has.   pah.

Who cares what these 3 women have to say anyway, wouldn't give the time of day myself.

plebgate

Posts : 5444
Reputation : 1159
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Female Columnists - Their Latest McCann Comments

Post by cockerspaniel on 20.10.13 14:04

@plebgate wrote:Snipped for Alsion Phillips' masterpiece -


 " Yes the parents made a terrible mistake by leaving their daughter alone that night, but by goodness they have paid for it. Let's hope
 we are one step closer to finding out what happened back in that devastating moment back in 2007 for the sake of the McCann family.
But mostly for the sake of Madeleine."

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

There were 3 children were left alone on several nights (not just Maddie)- hardly a mistake in my book.   The parents have paid for their mistake Phillips says - really, not nearly as much as Maddie has.   pah.

Who cares what these 3 women have to say anyway, wouldn't give the time of day myself.
exactly what I was thinking,I can see how they have been "paid" but not how they HAVE paid. Its despicable,i spent more time looking for my missing cat than they appear to have spent looking for their own child. Does anyone really care about the opinion of a frumpty like lorraine kelly et al?

____________________
Heracltus  say  You could not step twice into the same river.

cockerspaniel

Posts : 176
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-06-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Female Columnists - Their Latest McCann Comments

Post by Hobs on 20.10.13 19:45

A mistake is a one off, they didn't mistakenly go out leaving a 3 yr old allegedly babysitting twin 2 yr old siblings. 
This wasn't an oops we left them in the apartment, oh well we won't be long moment, this was a conscious decision made on a nightly  occurrance (assuming that the missing adults each night weren't babysitting thus negating the possibility of abduction)

As doctors the claim that they spout in that if they thought there was any risk they would never have done it rings hollow.
They are doctors, kate a pt locum GP, both would have worjked in hospitals including ER and paediatrics etc, they would have seen daily if not hourly just what can happen to a child even if the parent is right there with them ( scalds, burns.shocks, choking, falls, ingestion of poisons, cuts, bumps, bruises froma multitude of games, object, pets etc) Toddlers are at risk even if holding a parents hand, sitting on a sofa ( i fell off one in the presence of two adults and broke my collarbone) medical personnel are hyper vigilant about what can happen to a child of any age supervised or not as they have them screaming in hospital. It simply wouldn't cross their minds to leave toddlers unsupervised ( even if sedated) they know a bad reaction, vomiting, a fall due to drowsiness can be catastrophic.

The mccanns aren't paying for a mistake, They never were.
Maddie is paying for their conscious decision to do what they did that week.

Maddie is dead because of something one or more adults did that week.

____________________
The little unremembered acts of kindness and love are the best parts of a person's life.

Hobs

Posts : 713
Reputation : 286
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 52
Location : uk

View user profile http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Female Columnists - Their Latest McCann Comments

Post by tigger on 20.10.13 19:52

From Hobs' post:

The mccanns aren't paying for a mistake, They never were.
Maddie is paying for their conscious decision to do what they did that week.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Female Columnists - Their Latest McCann Comments

Post by hotrot on 20.10.13 21:01

Yes! Absolutely! She is paying for their conscious decision to neglect their parental responsibilities.
Something we may all have been guilty of at some stage - quick trip to the local shop for milk etc when child asleep.
Even Doctors and Nurses I'm sure.
BUT ......It would all be so much more palatable/understandable if they felt TERRIBLE and unable to FORGIVE THEMSELVES about this rather than relentlessly verbalise ad nauseum that they shouldn't need to feel guilty and they are not to blame!
It's just about them, them, them - Horrible!
This is the sort of reason behind Joe Public's disbelief and disgust.

hotrot

Posts : 6
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Female Columnists - Their Latest McCann Comments

Post by aquila on 20.10.13 21:16

@hotrot wrote:Yes! Absolutely! She is paying for their conscious decision to neglect their parental responsibilities.
Something we may all have been guilty of at some stage - quick trip to the local shop for milk etc when child asleep.
Even Doctors and Nurses I'm sure.

BUT ......It would all be so much more palatable/understandable if they felt TERRIBLE and unable to FORGIVE THEMSELVES about this rather than relentlessly verbalise ad nauseum that they shouldn't need to feel guilty and they are not to blame!
It's just about them, them, them - Horrible!
This is the sort of reason behind Joe Public's disbelief and disgust.
I'm struggling to understand your perspective on this.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Female Columnists - Their Latest McCann Comments

Post by Cristobell on 20.10.13 22:30

I have an image of hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil, reading this latest homage to agonised pair.  

The McCanns did indeed leave their children alone 5 nights in a row, and on one night Madeleine (presumably) was crying and screaming for 1.5 hours, I wonder if Lorraine and Fiona are aware of that?  Kate didn't mention it in her book.  Those sad, pathetic little words 'mummy why didn't come last night when we were crying' have been turned into Kate's pain, not the pain of the crying child who was left again that night and is now missing, probably dead.  Or indeed the pain of the elderly lady upstairs listening to the child in distress, and troubled enough to make phone calls to seek advice as to what she should do.  They believe, or have been manipulated to believe that the distress is Kate and Gerry's alone and besides when they appear on the breakfast tv sofas for succour, the ratings go through the roof.

Cristobell

Posts : 2436
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-10-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Female Columnists - Their Latest McCann Comments

Post by nobodythereeither on 21.10.13 1:02

@Hobs wrote:A mistake is a one off, they didn't mistakenly go out leaving a 3 yr old allegedly babysitting twin 2 yr old siblings. 
This wasn't an oops we left them in the apartment, oh well we won't be long moment, this was a conscious decision made on a nightly  occurrance (assuming that the missing adults each night weren't babysitting thus negating the possibility of abduction)

As doctors the claim that they spout in that if they thought there was any risk they would never have done it rings hollow.
They are doctors, kate a pt locum GP, both would have worjked in hospitals including ER and paediatrics etc, they would have seen daily if not hourly just what can happen to a child even if the parent is right there with them ( scalds, burns.shocks, choking, falls, ingestion of poisons, cuts, bumps, bruises froma multitude of games, object, pets etc) Toddlers are at risk even if holding a parents hand, sitting on a sofa ( i fell off one in the presence of two adults and broke my collarbone) medical personnel are hyper vigilant about what can happen to a child of any age supervised or not as they have them screaming in hospital. It simply wouldn't cross their minds to leave toddlers unsupervised ( even if sedated) they know a bad reaction, vomiting, a fall due to drowsiness can be catastrophic.

The mccanns aren't paying for a mistake, They never were.
Maddie is paying for their conscious decision to do what they did that week.

Maddie is dead because of something one or more adults did that week.
Yes. Good post.

nobodythereeither

Posts : 273
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-11-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Female Columnists - Their Latest McCann Comments

Post by Mirage on 21.10.13 13:58

I just came across this article in the Scottish Daily Record (yesterday's date).

 Rather than open a new thread, as there are so many going, I have put it here. However, Jackie Bird seems to have an independent mind so I hope she will forgive me for lumping her in with anyone less perspicacious!!!

 http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/jackie-bird-madeleine-mccanns-crimewatch-2472659

Mirage

Posts : 1665
Reputation : 382
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Female Columnists - Their Latest McCann Comments

Post by Cristobell on 21.10.13 22:18

I'M NOT A BLEDDY HATER LORRAINE!   http://cristobell.blogspot.co.uk/

Cristobell

Posts : 2436
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-10-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Female Columnists - Their Latest McCann Comments

Post by Truthandjustice on 21.10.13 22:23

@Cristobell wrote:I'M NOT A BLEDDY HATER LORRAINE!   http://cristobell.blogspot.co.uk/
Really excellent blog Christobell.  It is extraordinary how so few people (ie the media) can tell so many what they are supposed to be thinking. And it's wonderful that people like you speak out against it so eloquently.yes

Truthandjustice

Posts : 237
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Female Columnists - Their Latest McCann Comments

Post by nobodythereeither on 21.10.13 23:46

@Cristobell wrote:I'M NOT A BLEDDY HATER LORRAINE!   http://cristobell.blogspot.co.uk/
Great blog, thanks.

How about sending it to the papers and seeing if any of them has the balls to print it?

nobodythereeither

Posts : 273
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-11-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum