The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Letter from Dr Marcos Aragao Correia to Goncalo Amaral (allegedly) Mm11

Letter from Dr Marcos Aragao Correia to Goncalo Amaral (allegedly) Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Letter from Dr Marcos Aragao Correia to Goncalo Amaral (allegedly) Mm11

Letter from Dr Marcos Aragao Correia to Goncalo Amaral (allegedly) Regist10

Letter from Dr Marcos Aragao Correia to Goncalo Amaral (allegedly)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Letter from Dr Marcos Aragao Correia to Goncalo Amaral (allegedly) Empty Letter from Dr Marcos Aragao Correia to Goncalo Amaral (allegedly)

Post by ufercoffy 07.04.10 20:06

Just found this posted on Rosiepops blog

Human Rights lawyer Dr Marcos Aragao Correia has made and lodged the appeal against the decision not to send Goncalo Amaral to trial, for the alleged torture of Leandro Silva. The appeal was sent to the court last week. Because of this appeal, the decision of the judge of not sending Amaral to trial is suspended, and this means Amaral will *STILL BE AN ARGUIDO* for that criminal procedure. Dr Marcos aragao Correia has also decided not only to work for free - as he as always done until now concerning Leonor and Leandro, but he also paid all the judicial taxes for that appeal! Making a stark contrast to Goncalo Amaral, the disgraced former detective in the Madeleine McCann case, who has been finding many ways to make an obscene amount of money off of the back of an innocent missing Madeleine and buying up luxury apartments worth 600.000 euros allegedly in another persons name and driving around in a 60.000 euro Jaguar bought out of earnings made out of that child, by tormenting her parents with lies and defamation. Hopefully, the appeal when it is heard, will not be heard by the same judge and the 2nd judge will come to a different conclusion and send Goncalo Amaral for trial, where everyone knows he should go.

A n Open Letter To Goncalo Amaral from the human rights lawyer Dr Marcos Aragao Correia:

QUOTE:__________________________________________

To Mr "Beast" Gonçalo de Sousa Amaral:

Just a few words about your new, false and defaming complaint against me to the Portuguese Bar, because we know that you Mr "Beast" Gonçalo, and your "satanic" followers, use to read this website.
How can you even insinuate that you’re not a beast? Don’t you have mirrors in your luxury apartment?

For Jesus sake, don’t lie so much! We know that your horns can not be seen cause their are well hidden, but please don’t try to hide your apparent "bestiality"! It’s too much!
So, you say that you’re not a beast? Hypocrite you are!
Just remember,

- Perhaps The horrors you’ve done and you’re still doing to Madeleine, Kate and Gerry?
- Perhaos The horrors you’ve done and you’re still doing to Joana, Leonor and Leandro?
- Perhaps The horrors you’ve done and you’re still doing to Diana, Ana and José?
- Perhaps The horrors you’ve done and you’re still doing to all the children victims of violence, and their parents, by allegedly protecting the criminals involved on Joana and Madeleine kidnappings?
- Perhaps The horrors you’ve done and you’re still doing to all the good Portuguese and British citizens by incentivizing a fascist country and a fascist police based on fake criminal investigations using torture?
Is not enough?
So, do you still maintain you’re not a beast?
Of course you are, and me and my witnesses are just going to confirm that to the Bar.
And may I inform you that the appeal of Leandro to the superior Court of Évora is already done and delivered in the Court of Faro? Yes, it’s true, so don’t sing victory yet.
And by the way, even if the fascist regime continues to protect you, don’t worry: true Justice will always be done in the end! I’m not atheist neither a Satan follower! So, True Divine Justice will always win in the end! Do you want to wait to see? Maybe it will be too late then... So, here’s my advice to you: repent of all the evil you are, ask forgiveness to all these innocent children and their parents, and divulge the names of all the criminals involved in those monstrous crimes against them, and only then I’ll stop calling what you apparently are: a BEAST! A ferocious beast from the depths of Hell.

WE ARE WATCHING YOU.

UNQUOTE________________________________________

So Goncalo Amaral and his wife are preparing to move into a large luxury apartment costing €600.000 euros? This apartment is situated right in front of his existing apartment and has allegedly been purchased by Amaral registered in another person's name? Who's name is that Marcos? Could it be Sofia Amaral? Or another of his family, or a friend perhaps?

I understand too that he has a special parking place to park his luxury limousine €60.000 Jaguar motor car, which he is still driving around in?

All bought and paid for by missing abducted Madeleine McCann.

Shame on Goncalo Amaral and shame on those who help him to do this. When they do things like this, perhaps they should not complain about being called a "Beast"? That is mild, they could be called a lot worse! Like a vile pimp, living off immoral earnings by cashing in on an innocent child's disappearance! And now I understand that Paypal have unfrozen the account that Joana Morais and others set up, in which to persuade people to give money to Goncalo Amaral and meantime he has just purchased in secret a €600.000 luxury apartment? And he has Joana Morais taking pensions off of pensioners by getting them to make donations to a man living this lifestyle? How dishonest and corrupt is this? And have none of them any shame?And these people have the temerity to accuse the McCanns and the fund, even though that fund is open, honest and above board and is used solely to fund the search for Madeleine?Amaral, Joana Morais and the rest are just damned vile hypocrites!When is the Portuguese government and judiciary going to do something about this man? Portugal looks to be still a fascist police state and this man Goncalo Amaral, appears to be right in the thick of it. Is the Portuguese government and judiciary scared of Amaral? Scared that he may open his mouth and start incriminating them? I can only think this may be true, or else someone would have acted to stop this allegedly corrupt man in his tracks, he is ruining the reputation of Portugal, they have to be seen to do something about this man and pretty damned quick too!

*** Goncalo Amaral Aka "The Beast" *** Purchases €600.000 luxury apartment and registers it in another's name! *** Still Driving Around in his €60.000 luxury Jaguar Motor Car *** Yet Completely without morals and scruples takes money from pensioners to fund his lifestyle *** Joana Morais - Helps with this "Fund raising" to maintain the luxury lifestyle of Goncalo Amaral ***

DON'T GIVE MONEY TO GONCALO AMARAL HE IS RICH ENOUGH WITH "HIDDEN" WEALTH!
ufercoffy
ufercoffy

Activity : 2101

Back to top Go down

Back to top Go down

Letter from Dr Marcos Aragao Correia to Goncalo Amaral (allegedly) Empty Re: Letter from Dr Marcos Aragao Correia to Goncalo Amaral (allegedly)

Post by ufercoffy 07.04.10 20:33

The man is barking mad if he actually wrote that.
ufercoffy
ufercoffy

Activity : 2101

Back to top Go down

Letter from Dr Marcos Aragao Correia to Goncalo Amaral (allegedly) Empty Re: Letter from Dr Marcos Aragao Correia to Goncalo Amaral (allegedly)

Post by Ruby 07.04.10 21:04

How funny that they're so hung up about the Jag.
Make me wonder if Rosiepops has a clapped out old banger. laughat
Ruby
Ruby

Activity : 704

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.04.10 21:06

Ruby wrote:How funny that they're so hung up about the Jag.
Make me wonder if Rosiepops has a clapped out old banger. laughat

And does a jag cost 60,000 euros??? It must be gold plated big grin
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 07.04.10 21:08

ufercoffy wrote:The man is barking mad if he actually wrote that.

A little unhinged....and passionate.

Activity : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 08.04.10 4:49

QUOI?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by justagrannynow 1 08.04.10 9:18

ufercoffy wrote:Just found this posted on Rosiepops blog

And these people have the temerity to accuse the McCanns and the fund, even though that fund is open, honest and above board and is used solely to fund the search for Madeleine......

The last accounts that were published, 13% of the Fund had been spent on searching for Madeleine.

Actually, I happen to know for a fact that the car is secondhand. It was a repossession by a car dealer who is a friend of Gonçalo Amaral. I don't know what he paid for it, but it wouldn't have been the market price for a new Jag that's for sure.
justagrannynow 1
justagrannynow 1

Activity : 1110

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal 08.04.10 13:19

The obsession with the jag reminds me of the obsession with the McCanns house
Pascal
Pascal

Activity : 627

Back to top Go down

Post by WOODWARD 08.04.10 16:17

Good to know that the PAYPAL is up and running ,am grateful to Rosiepops for the reminder that Amaral needs funds for his lawyers to fight the very expensive mccanns lawyers paid for by pensioners and small children baking and selling buns and fairy cakes whilst living in terror of the pretendy bogeyman abductor
WOODWARD
WOODWARD

Activity : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 08.04.10 16:18

Who is obsessed with the McCanns house?
Autumn

Activity : 2903

Back to top Go down

Post by justagrannynow 1 08.04.10 16:45

Autumn wrote:Who is obsessed with the McCanns house?

I think the McCanns are. It is sufficiently important to them for them to raid the Fund to pay the mortgage, and I remember Kate telling us all about how Amelie was going to welcome Madeleine back to " our lovely house"
justagrannynow 1
justagrannynow 1

Activity : 1110

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 08.04.10 16:57

Marcos Aragao Correia has also written to me this morning.

It seems he is not at all happy with the contents of our recent article about him (here: http://www.madeleinefoundation.org.uk/PDFs/Madeleine%20Foundation%20-%20%20Amaral%20and%20Aragoa.pdf )

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Mr Tony Bennett,

I was just informed of your immensely defamatory article against me, with the title "The Madeleine McCann mystery and the strange role of Madeira lawyer, Marcos Alexandre Aragão Correia" published on your website "The Madeleine Foundation", with the link:
http://www.madeleinefoundation.org.uk/PDFs/Madeleine%20Foundation%20-%20%20Amaral%20and%20Aragoa.pdf.

The article is full of defaming lies against my person, even including lies concerning my full name.

Defamation is a crime not only in Portugal but also in the United Kingdom.

You have 48 hours to remove completely the article from the Internet.

If not, without further notice, I will proceed to contact Colleagues of the United Kingdom in order to initiate a criminal procedure against you, together with demand for compensation, in the Courts of the United Kingdom.

Portugal, 08 April 2010.

Marcos Aragão Correia,
Lawyer (Portuguese Bar number 427M).
drmarcosaragaocorreia-427m@adv.oa.pt

But it seems Marcos has his fans.

On PFA2 today, marilyn writes:

Correia is a hero to me & if taking on the fascists in PT hasn't fazed him, then a no-mark like bennett should be a breeze. Hope he does sue & hits him where bennet's heart really is ..& as you say .. it's in his wallet.

while Sadie writes:

Me too Marilyn. Marcos Aragao Correia is my male Joan of Arc ... as you know from J4 days!...and way back before that on DS

He has risked his life for this cause and kept slogging on, treading where others fear to tread.

All strength to him in his fight against the prat Tony Bennett.

I would welcome a public fight in the Courts of the UK.

Maybe this would bring to the eyes of the British Public, the great injustice that is Tony Bennett

Yep Tommy, Correia FTW!

The Madeleine Foundation is considering its response to Correia's e-mail
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal 08.04.10 17:13

justagrannynow 1 wrote:
Autumn wrote:Who is obsessed with the McCanns house?

I think the McCanns are. It is sufficiently important to them for them to raid the Fund to pay the mortgage, and I remember Kate telling us all about how Amelie was going to welcome Madeleine back to " our lovely house"

Thanks Gran for illustrating my point so beautifully.
Pascal
Pascal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby 08.04.10 17:16

Yeah I bet the British courts would love Marcos.
They should televise his court appearances because they sound like pure entertainment...
Ruby
Ruby

Activity : 704

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 08.04.10 17:20

Tony Bennett wrote:The Madeleine Foundation is considering its response to Correia's e-mail

So this Marcos thingummyjig person is a member of Rosiepoops forum then, according to Bonnybraes?

Letter from Dr Marcos Aragao Correia to Goncalo Amaral (allegedly) 234726
Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41596

Back to top Go down

Post by Pascal 08.04.10 17:23

Sorry to sound off hand there. It's just that this case has turned into a bear pit.

Why has it all become so damned personal? Mr Amaral's car isn't worthy of discussion - neither, in my opinion, is going round in circles about the McCanns' use of the fund. Unless you paid into the fund of course - then I would understand taking issue with it. You can't bang a drum for people who have 'chosen' to donate, presumably they were happy to do so.

Is no one interested anymore in the actual mystery of the child's disappearance? Discussion of the possibilities and how's and why's rather than getting all snitty about peoples possessions /belongings? Or worse, Tony's adventures in libel land..
Pascal
Pascal

Back to top Go down

Post by WOODWARD 08.04.10 17:26

I cant recall any obsession but many were interested in the fact that a recently appointed consultant had a mortgage in excess of 300K from a building society notorious for irresponsible lending at higher than usual interest rates. There was also the obsession on the part of the holiday group for getting the cheapest possible package deal at the lowest possible discounted rate and their habit of taking full advantage of all freebies and refusal to spend good new zealand wine money on babysitters. Not the behaviour of the wealthy although one of their holiday companions seemed to think they were awash with funds as he suggested their wealth as a reason for one of their children being kidnapped. Maybe theywere living way beyond their means,like a student who is overdrawn, who knows? The uk authorites ,helpfully kept all details of their finances a state secret, only the mortgage information was leaked. Just another mysterious witholding of information from the investigating authorities
WOODWARD
WOODWARD

Activity : 148

Back to top Go down

Letter from Dr Marcos Aragao Correia to Goncalo Amaral (allegedly) Empty Marcos Aragao Correia - The man who's fought the McCanns' Public Enemy No. 1 for the past two years. An out-and-out charlatan.

Post by Tony Bennett 08.04.10 17:44

Ruby wrote:Yeah I bet the British courts would love Marcos. They should televise his court appearances because they sound like pure entertainment...
If only we could have a video clip of him saying: "I wasn't told by underworld sources that Madeleine McCann was abducted, then raped, murdered and thrown into a lake. I lied. I'm telling you the God's honest truth now. I actually learnt this in a vision I received just before midnight on Saturday 5 May, just after I went to my first-ever Spiritualist Church meeting on Madeira".

LOL!
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 08.04.10 19:28

Pascal wrote:The obsession with the jag reminds me of the obsession with the McCanns house

How does that elevate understanding of the mystery of Madeleine?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Letter from Dr Marcos Aragao Correia to Goncalo Amaral (allegedly) Empty A quiet, sensible, moderately worded and courteous message from Rosiepops

Post by Tony Bennett 08.04.10 19:40

Today's message from Rosiepops (On Justice4McCannFam):

Understand this Bennett? It means DOCTOR Marcos Aragao Correia is a PROPERLY trained and QUALIFIED lawyer, he is a HUMAN RIGHTS LAWYER.

Look he even has a Bar number - UNLIKE YOU! Get the name too? That names is registered with the Bar, understand that creep?

"Marcos Aragão Correia, Lawyer (Portuguese Bar number 427M)."

No wonder Grenville is standing down as Chairman, did he advise you against picking a fight with another lawyer? A REAL lawyer? A lawyer he knew fully well would come after you and your stinking fetid foundation? Or was it because even Grenville was absolutely appalled that you have been taking information reported to you in good faith and WITHHOLDING it from the police and he knows this is a crime, which could see the whole lot of your committee on the Fetid Foundation face criminal proceedings and even if he leaves now, he is still culpable.

Has Grenville come to his senses and realised that all the good work he has done in his local community has been undone by this insane obsession with persecuting and stalking the McCanns, and his insane association with the liar and libeller Tony Bennett? I really hope so for his and his family's sake, I detest the way Tony Bennett crashes into peoples lives, turns them upside down and then leaves the people he relied on, the people that stood by him, out in the cold to take all the flack that he has disingenuously put on their shoulders and then he simply walks away leaving them in trouble, feeling depressed and dreadfully used, and wondering just why the hell they ever thought getting into a metaphoric bed with Tony Bennett was ever a good thing.

Too late their lives are already ruined, they have lost the respect of friends, family and neighbours, who may smile in their face but gossip about them behind their backs, they should ask Debbie Butler! They should ask Terry Lubbock, Bennett is poison and we have been telling them all that for years!

The idiot picked a fight with the wrong person when he picked on Dr Marcos Aragao Correia, Human Rights lawyer and all round decent person, who is rare as hens teeth in the legal profession.

This forum stands firmly behind Marcos and we know Marcos and we know that what Bennett has said is lies and we know just how much good Marcos has tried to do for others in his professional as well as his personal life.

Viva Dr Marcos Aragao Correia
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 08.04.10 19:43

Tony Bennett wrote:
Ruby wrote:Yeah I bet the British courts would love Marcos. They should televise his court appearances because they sound like pure entertainment...
If only we could have a video clip of him saying: "I wasn't told by underworld sources that Madeleine McCann was abducted, then raped, murdered and thrown into a lake. I lied. I'm telling you the God's honest truth now. I actually learnt this in a vision I received just before midnight on Saturday 5 May, just after I went to my first-ever Spiritualist Church meeting on Madeira".

LOL!

Another one who'd experienced 'enlightenment' moments in Church, before embarking on bizarre missions. He's certainly a good pupil of GM.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.04.10 19:52

So,let me get this right, Rosiepops has complete faith in this said lawyer, beleives everything he says to be true, and believes that Madeleine is still alive and whe should be looking for her, and yet this lawyer is the one who stated that Madeleine was in the reservoir, and paid 1,200 euros a day out of his own pocket to find her body!! Oh right OK then big grin

Divers search for Madeleine's body in remote reservoir after underworld tip-offBy VANESSA ALLEN
Last updated at 01:44 05 February 2008

Comments (123) Add to My Stories A grim search for Madeleine McCann's body has been launched at an isolated reservoir.
Teams of frogmen began scouring the remote Barragem do Arade amid claims the girl's body was dumped there last May.
The private search - funded by a Portuguese lawyer - came as Portugal's most senior detective admitted that police had rushed into making Kate and Gerry McCann suspects in the case.
Scroll down for more...
Divers have been searching the Barragem do Arade in Portugal for several days after an underworld tip-off that Madeleine's body was dumped there days after she disappeared
Read more...
Fresh blow for McCanns as Portuguese legal advisors rule out lifting 'arguido' status
Alipio Ribeiro, the national director of the Policia Judiciaria, said his officers had acted with "a certain hastiness" and should have assessed the evidence again before naming the couple as official suspects.
But he defended his men against claims they had acted under political pressure and had failed to investigate properly.
Last night there were calls for him to resign over the comments, as lawyer Marcos Aragao Correia revealed he was forced to fund the £1,200-a-day reservoir search himself because the police had refused.

Lawyer Marcos Aragao Correia has paid thousands of pounds for the private search at Barragem do Arade dam
The human rights lawyer said he was convinced the massive man-made lake was "the perfect hiding place" for an abductor to conceal a body.
He said he believed the abductor killMr Correia, 32, ordered the search after underworld contacts told him Madeleine was raped, murdered and her body dumped within 48 hours of her disappearance on May 3.
ed the child, weighted down her body and then threw it from a pumping tower into the murky water beneath.

His team of six divers have already found a five-metre length of knotted nylon cord, which has been handed in to Portuguese police for analysis.
The remote reservoir is surrounded by dense woodland but a dirt track cuts through it to a bridge which links the water tower to the shore.

Underworld contacts apparently claim Madeleine's body was dumped in the remote reservoir after she was raped and murdered
Mr Correia told the Mail: "I am convinced this is the place. It's not overlooked, it has easy access by car and if you threw the body from the tower the water is 55ft deep there.
"The divers have already found a cord tied in knots down there, right below the tower. I have given it to the police.
"It's logic that if you throw a body into the water then you would tie it to something to weigh it down."
The lawyer from the Portuguese island of Madeira said he would continue the search until he found proof to support his theory.
He refused to say how much he had paid to finance the trawl, but his team of six British and Portuguese divers were estimated to cost around £1,200-a-day.
They have already been searching for four days and are expected to return today, meaning the operation has already cost about £6,000.

Search coordinator Alan Wilson said the divers were only able to cover a small area in each dive because the murky water meant there was zero visibility once they descended below a few feet.
"Everything's black because there is no light," he said, adding: "The divers are searching entirely by touch, feeling in the silt for anything suspicious that shouldn't be there. It's a long, slow process."
Mr Correia said he was first told about the reservoir on May 6, three days after Madeleine vanished from Praia da Luz, some 40 miles away.
He passed the information to the police but said they ignored it, despite a May 5 witness sighting of a girl resembling Madeleine with a woman in Silves, a ten-minute drive from the lake.
The McCanns' spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: "Kate and Gerry are grateful to anyone who feels they have important information in the search for Madeleine.
"If his search produces significant results he must, of course, share that information with both the police and our investigators."
Mr Mitchell also welcomed Mr Ribeiro's admission that police had rushed to make the McCanns suspects in September, and called for their names to be cleared.
In a radio interview, the policeman said: "Maybe a different evaluation should have been made. I have no doubts about that. There was a certain hastiness."
He pledged to correct any failings in the investigation but insisted police were still working on it, adding: "This whole job is a work of patience."
The couple learned of his comments on Saturday, as they prepared for a party to mark the third birthday of their twins, Sean and Amelie.

Madeleine, then three, disappeared last May during a family holiday in the Algarve
Mr McCann, 39, said the comments could be a much-needed "breakthrough" and added: "It is fantastic news.
"We still have a long way to go but people in Portugal need to understand what has been happening and what we have been going through.
"We know it will take the police a long time to accept what has been happening is wrong, but it is an important step towards that."
Mr and Mrs McCann, of Rothley, Leicestershire, were made suspects on September 7 but forensic evidence in the case has proved inconclusive. They have always denied any involvement.
Print this article Read later Email to a friend Share this article:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-512164/Divers-search-Madeleines-body-remote-reservoir-underworld-tip-off.html#ixzz0kXI5LVOL
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Letter from Dr Marcos Aragao Correia to Goncalo Amaral (allegedly) Empty The common sense that has deserted Rosiepops

Post by Tony Bennett 08.04.10 20:02

candyfloss wrote:So, let me get this right, Rosiepops has complete faith in this said lawyer, beleives everything he says to be true, and believes that Madeleine is still alive and whe should be looking for her, and yet this lawyer is the one who stated that Madeleine was in the reservoir, and paid 1,200 euros a day out of his own pocket to find her body!! Oh right OK then
candyfloss, rightly said, because what you have just written is just plain common sense - the common sense we were born with, but many people seem to have lost altogether, not least Rosiepops of course.

Ever since I first got to grips with this tale of Madeleine, I've been reminded of the Hans Christian Anderson story of the Emperor's New Clothes.

In the perceptive author's story, all the adults see a naked Emperor riding a horse naked, but all swear blind that he's fully clothed.

It takes a child to tell the others around him, who should know better: 'Look, he's naked'

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

FROM WIKIPEDIA:

Plot

An Emperor who cares for nothing but his wardrobe hires two weavers who promise him the finest suit of clothes from a fabric invisible to anyone who is unfit for his position or "just hopelessly stupid". The Emperor cannot see the cloth himself, but pretends that he can for fear of appearing unfit for his position or stupid; his ministers do the same. When the swindlers report that the suit is finished, they dress him in mime and the Emperor then marches in procession before his subjects. A child in the crowd calls out that the Emperor is wearing nothing at all and the cry is taken up by others. The Emperor cringes, suspecting the assertion is true, but holds himself up proudly and continues the procession.

Sources and variants of the tale

Variants of the story are widely dispersed across the world. There are versions from Sri Lanka, Turkey and India. In the Sri Lankan folktale, seven tricksters arrive at the court of a foolish king and ask him, "Maharaja, what sort of robe is your majesty wearing? We have woven a copper-coloured silk robe for the king of our city. It is like the thin silk robes from the divine world. In comparison to our king, you look like one of his servants." The tricksters go on to warn that the silk cloth is "not visible to a low-born person".

Anderson's version is based on a story from the Libro de los ejemplos (or El Conde Lucanor, 1335), a medieval Spanish collection of fifty-one cautionary tales with Arab and Jewish sources by Juan Manuel, Duke of Peñafiel (1282–1348). Andersen did not know the Spanish original but read the tale in a German translation titled "So ist der Lauf der Welt". The main plot was derived from this version of the original.

In the source tale, a king is hoodwinked by weavers who claim to make a suit of clothes invisible to any man not the son of his presumed father. Andersen avoided anything risqué in his work and altered the source tale to direct the focus on courtly pride and intellectual vanity rather than adulterous paternity.

The weavers belong to the folkloric prototypes of tricksters and rogues who outwit royalty, clergymen, merchants, and others.

Composition

Illustrated by Vilhelm Pedersen, Andersen‘s first illustratorAndersen's manuscript was at the printer’s when he was suddenly inspired to change the original climax of the tale from the emperor’s subjects admiring his invisible clothes to that of the child's cry. There are many theories about why he made this change. Most scholars agree that from his earliest years in Copenhagen, Andersen presented himself to the Danish bourgeoisie as the naively precocious child not usually admitted to the adult salon. "The Emperor’s New Clothes" became his expose of the hypocrisy and snobbery he found there when he finally gained admission.

Andersen’s decision to change the ending may have occurred after he read the manuscript tale to a child, or had its source in a childhood incident similar to that in the tale. In 1872, he recalled standing in a crowd with his mother waiting to see King Frederick VI. When the king made his appearance, Andersen cried out, "Oh, he’s nothing more than a human being!" His mother tried to silence him by crying, "Have you gone mad, child?" Whatever the reason, Andersen thought the change would prove more satirical.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 08.04.10 20:04

What 'charming' people - this lot of mccanns hired helps.

'human right' lawyer? lol.....what sort of 'human' - rosiepops? mccanns? cipriano?

Nurse will be coming round with bleach mouthwash before tying them to their beds.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum