The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The McCanns' Legacy Mm11

The McCanns' Legacy Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The McCanns' Legacy Mm11

The McCanns' Legacy Regist10

The McCanns' Legacy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The McCanns' Legacy Empty The McCanns' Legacy

Post by Newintown 27.07.13 23:41

This is not much of importance unless you own a property in PDL or nearby - I was watching a TV programme earlier today ,"A Place in the Sun", a lady from the UK was looking to buy a permanent home in SW Portugal. She was shown a penthouse apartment in PDL (absolutely beautiful with seaviews), however the presenter said (this was filmed in May 2012) because of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann people do not want to buy properties here and the unstable financial market has also made it difficult to sell properties, some have been on the market for over a year".

The property the lady was shown was on sale in 2008 for £177,000 but had now been reduced in May 2012 to £120,000.

Well done McCanns, not only have you ruined PDL as a holiday hot spot for families, you've also destroyed their property market. I hope you're both very pleased with yourselves together with your hangers on, Mitchell, Branson, H Grant, Blair, Brown, Rowling, Murdochs, R Brooks.

Oh dear, I wonder how many will still be hanging on when the ship sinks. violin

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

The McCanns' Legacy Empty Re: The McCanns' Legacy

Post by Guest 27.07.13 23:48

I do sometimes wonder if the McCanns have any regard for the people whose lives they have affected adversely. Do they wish that they had been honest from the start about whatever happened to Madeleine and accepted the consequences if they were in any way to blame?

As they say so wisely on their website, it's never too late to do the right thing. It certainly won't be easy for them though.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 28.07.13 0:04

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:I do sometimes wonder if the McCanns have any regard for the people whose lives they have affected adversely. Do they wish that they had been honest from the start about whatever happened to Madeleine and accepted the consequences if they were in any way to blame?

As they say so wisely on their website, it's never too late to do the right thing. It certainly won't be easy for them though.

I think they are as hard as steel and have no regard for anyone except themselves. Their mantra of "it's never too late to do the right thing" is just empty words, they know the people who should do the right thing are themselves, they are just laughing at the justice system and the newspapers. They have too much to lose, they will go down fighting with CR all the way behind them finding every tiny fault and any word out of place to get them off on some technicality if they ever go into a Court room.

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 28.07.13 1:14

Newintown wrote:
No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:I do sometimes wonder if the McCanns have any regard for the people whose lives they have affected adversely. Do they wish that they had been honest from the start about whatever happened to Madeleine and accepted the consequences if they were in any way to blame?

I think they are as hard as steel and have no regard for anyone except themselves.  Their mantra of "it's never too late to do the right thing" is just empty words, they know the people who should do the right thing are themselves, they are just laughing at the justice system and the newspapers.  They have too much to lose, they will go down fighting with CR all the way behind them finding every tiny fault and any word out of place to get them off on some technicality if they ever go into a Court room.

I left it too late to alter my last post but wanted to add as highlighted in red: who will be paying for it all and why, is another question.

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.07.13 7:15

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:I do sometimes wonder if the McCanns have any regard for the people whose lives they have affected adversely.

Here's some more people whose lives have been adversely affected by the McCanns.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 28.07.13 8:01

I wonder if the Symington Family is happy about the destruction of PdL as a holiday resort.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 28.07.13 8:23

PeterMac wrote:I wonder if the Symington Family is happy about the destruction of PdL as a holiday resort.

PeterMac

I have never been to PdL and I know next to nothing about the Symington family or other like dynasties but I should imagine that it would be a win/win either way. It may keep the masses away reducing it to a quiet resort, just what most elite families like, but it probably won't affect their finances at all.

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 28.07.13 9:16

Angelique wrote:
PeterMac wrote:I wonder if the Symington Family is happy about the destruction of PdL as a holiday resort.

PeterMac
I have never been to PdL and I know next to nothing about the Symington family or other like dynasties but I should imagine that it would be a win/win either way. It may keep the masses away reducing it to a quiet resort, just what most elite families like, but it probably won't affect their finances at all.
A resort like that depends on the masses. Without them it is just a slightly scruffy village with no natural centre or focal point. Just blocks of flats, car parks with bins, kidney shaped pools, tennis courts, a few bars, a few supermarkets randomly dotted round, a church which looks as though it was an afterthought - which it probably was since PdL was a tiny fishing village before the discovery of the Algarve -

No masses, no money coming in from rentals.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 28.07.13 9:26

PeterMac

So the Symingtons are also property magnates. Then yes, it would impact on their finance. But there is also the possibility that it could turn into a "Marina". In Cornwall nearly every "quiet little fishing village" has been destroyed by a Marina.

Plus it draws the "elite" and increases property prices so locals can't compete. result - Exclusivity.

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 28.07.13 10:45

Angelique wrote:PeterMac

So the Symingtons are also property magnates. Then yes, it would impact on their finance. But there is also the possibility that it could turn into a "Marina". In Cornwall nearly every "quiet little fishing village" has been destroyed by a Marina.

Plus it draws the "elite" and increases property prices so locals can't compete. result - Exclusivity.
Possible, but not probable.
There is a very good one at Lagos, only 10 km or so away, where the marina itself is up the river, and therefore protected.
Remember this is the Atlantic coast - despite what the highly educated McCanns seem to think - and that stretch of coast faces South and East.
Marinas need to be very heavily guarded against the swell.
The 'fetch' from French Guiana is around 5,000 km, so a good steady WSW could and does create huge swells, and enormous waves
Which is why there are high cliffs, exposed rocks and very few beaches !!
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck 28.07.13 11:52

PeterMac wrote:
Angelique wrote:

PeterMac
A resort like that depends on the masses.  Without them it is just a slightly scruffy village with no natural centre or focal point.  Just blocks of flats, car parks with bins, kidney shaped pools, tennis courts, a few bars, a few supermarkets randomly dotted round, a church which looks as though it was an afterthought - which it probably was since PdL was a tiny fishing village before the discovery of the Algarve -

No masses, no money coming in from rentals.
I fear you do PDL rather an injustice with your description PeterMac.  This may well be how you see it but it is hardly merely blocks of flats, and car parks with bins are really not a defining feature.  There is a lot of rather nice property and the people who visit or live there seem to rather like the fact that there are a few bars (there are in fact a surprising number of bars and restauants for a place of that size) and supermarkets dotted around.  Happily there are no "sports bars" or fast food chains.  IMO there is far greater charm in PDL than say Villamoura with it's soulless, bland grid layout, regardless of the superior facilities it may provide, including a marina. 

There are indeed a few 60s monstrosities in the village centre which are completely out of place - but one can only imagine they remain as they provide an affordable alternative to the overinflated rental charges and house prices which began to spiral out of control before the property boom imploded a few years back.  That, IMO, is more responsible for the decrease in property values, not only in PDL but right across Portugal and Spain and the UK of course is not untouched.  I found on my recent visit that there were plenty of visitors, including many families with young children enjoying their holidays and this was in advance of the high season during school holidays in July & August.  It was good to see as there had indeed been something of a decline in numbers due to the McC effect.  PDL never was a major resort despite the speculative house building frenzy of the early to mid 2000s; it lacks the infrastructure to attract mass tourism so dreams of raking in high holiday rentals failed to materialise for many. 

As you can probably tell from my spirited defence, I am extremely fond of PDL which always was and always will be a great little place, despite the damage to its image inflicted by the McCs and their entourage roses
Monty Heck

Activity : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by Kepharel 28.07.13 12:00

PeterMac wrote:
Angelique wrote:PeterMac

Possible, but not probable.
There is a very good one at Lagos, only 10 km or so away, where the marina itself is up the river, and therefore protected.
Remember this is the Atlantic coast - despite what the highly educated McCanns seem to think -  and that stretch of coast faces South and East.
Marinas need to be very heavily guarded against the swell.
The 'fetch' from French Guiana is around 5,000 km, so a good steady WSW could and does create huge swells, and enormous waves
Which is why there are high cliffs, exposed rocks and very few beaches !!

There are one or two expansive beaches in the area PeterMac smilie  I've taken many holidays in the Algarve, love the place!!!  Always stayed in Lagos, and visited Praia Da Luz on a few occasions...before becoming interested in all things MCCann!!  To the east of Lagos is a huge flat sandy beach called Meia Praia.  To the west are the small but stunning sandy coves of Praia Dona Ana and Praia Camilo, both only accessible from steps beginning at the top of high cliffs.  Thereafter is Ponte de Piadade where boat trips take you through small caves and between rock formations.

Heading out from Lagos on the main N125 road to Luz you are signposetd to Praia Da Luz, with a smallish flat and pretty bland, unremarkable looking beach.  Always reminded me of a cornish riviera resort (sorry Monty smilie ).
Kepharel
Kepharel

Activity : 198

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 28.07.13 12:05

peter mac ,do I have the wrong person in mind ? I thought you went to P luz with Pat brown and tried listing window shutters at said apt ,pic on line I think ? sorry if I hand muddled you with someone else joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck 28.07.13 12:12

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Today at 12:00 pm
There are one or two expansive beaches in the area PeterMac [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]I've taken many holidays in the Algarve, love the place!!! Always stayed in Lagos, and visited Praia Da Luz on a few occasions...before becoming interested in all things MCCann!! To the east of Lagos is a huge flat sandy beach called Meia Praia. To the west are the small but stunning sandy coves of Praia Dona Ana and Praia Camilo, both only accessible from steps beginning at the top of high cliffs. Thereafter is Ponte de Piadade where boat trips take you through small caves and between rock formations.

Heading out from Lagos on the main N125 road to Luz you are signposetd to Praia Da Luz, with a smallish flat and pretty bland, unremarkable looking beach. Always reminded me of a cornish riviera resort (sorry Monty [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]).

Never visited Cornwall but take it that comparison is a negative.  It's very much each to their own but for some reason I just love the place and wanted others to know it's not just blocks of flats and bins!  Just feel PDL could do with a bit of positive press after what it's been put through these past years.  Lagos itself is also great and the coast from there to Cabo de Sainte Vincent has lovely coves and fishing villages, and there's great walking on the many kilometres of clifftop pathways linking all the coastal villages for those who like to get off the sun lounger once in a while.  I await a cheque from the Portuguese Tourist Board in honour of my promotional efforts big grin .
Monty Heck

Back to top Go down

Post by Kepharel 28.07.13 12:19

Monty Heck wrote:
Never visited Cornwall but take it that comparison is a negative.  It's very much each to their own but for some reason I just love the place and wanted others to know it's not just blocks of flats and bins!  Just feel PDL could do with a bit of positive press after what it's been put through these past years.  Lagos itself is also great and the coast from there to Cabo de Sainte Vincent has lovely coves and fishing villages, and there's great walking on the many kilometres of clifftop pathways linking all the coastal villages for those who like to get off the sun lounger once in a while.  I await a cheque from the Portuguese Tourist Board in honour of my promotional efforts big grin .

Not negative Monty, Cornwall is a beautiful place, been there many times too, but far west to Helston and St Ives.  The pasties and beer are a definite plus too.....

Soz admin about off topic...  smilie
Kepharel
Kepharel

Activity : 198

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 28.07.13 12:58

I feel desperately sorry for the people of PDL, most of the local people who worked at Warners are now unemployed.  It is very wrong of the McCanns and their supporters to spread lies about the place, we never saw Kerry Needham telling people not to go to Greece.  I feel ashamed when the UK media refer to the 'bungling cops' and the lack of help the mccanns received, when a simple peep at the facts shows the complete opposite.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck 28.07.13 13:05

Cristobell wrote:I feel desperately sorry for the people of PDL, most of the local people who worked at Warners are now unemployed.  It is very wrong of the McCanns and their supporters to spread lies about the place, we never saw Kerry Needham telling people not to go to Greece.  I feel ashamed when the UK media refer to the 'bungling cops' and the lack of help the mccanns received, when a simple peep at the facts shows the complete opposite.
Hear hear.  The UK media of course took its lead from the T9 in that respect, who were most anxious to shape that particular story almost before the ink was dry on the sticker book timelines.  The "bungling cops" was of course supposed justification for "having to contact the media" at a ridiculously early point, except that, as you say a peep at the facts reveals this claim for the complete nonsense it is.
Monty Heck

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 28.07.13 13:19

As far as the legal system is concerned, their legacy will be disruption of all cases that involve cadaver dogs.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores 28.07.13 15:07

I wonder if the McCann effect has made all Britons unpopular in the town? We are not all like them, you know!
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmNotMerylStreep 28.07.13 17:07

Miraflores wrote:I wonder if the McCann effect has made all Britons unpopular in the town? We are not all like them, you know!

You're right, we're not all like them, but from the viewpoint of the Portuguese they've been villified not just by the McCanns and their mates but by the british government, british police and british media. if I was Portuguese I wouldn't give the British the time of day after this. I'm ashamed to be british after this deadly fiasco and I really pray that Dr Amaral has the last word and will show up the McCanns and the British government, police and media for what they truly are.
IAmNotMerylStreep
IAmNotMerylStreep

Activity : 240

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum