The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The George Burke Brooks sighting. /Lagos Marina Mm11

The George Burke Brooks sighting. /Lagos Marina Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The George Burke Brooks sighting. /Lagos Marina Mm11

The George Burke Brooks sighting. /Lagos Marina Regist10

The George Burke Brooks sighting. /Lagos Marina

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The George Burke Brooks sighting. /Lagos Marina Empty The George Burke Brooks sighting. /Lagos Marina

Post by Guest 11.07.13 11:15

I can't find anything in the search tool about this sighting of a man and woman seen in the early hours carrying a child.

From M Martins in PJ files.....

I have followed the case in the press as I live in the Algarve. However my attention has been drawn by the news that an English citizen (George Burke) who returned to the village in the morning from Lagos and who says that he saw a couple with a child at about 06.00. Would this person not be suspicious due to being from the village and be returning 7 seven hours after the events?

5 - 1 Apensos V, Vol 1 Page 7
apenso5_vol_1_Page7
apenso5_vol_1_Page8
MISSING PAGE

External Inquiry Report

Date: 2007/12/04
Place: Lagos Marina, Lagos.
Responsible Officer: Inspector Joao Carlos

Description and Result of Inquiry:

On this date I went to the abovementioned place with the purpose of gathering elements related to the previously mentioned information about a supposed sighting of Madeleine McCann, by a British individual named George Brooks in the early morning of 4th May 2007.

Once I arrived at the scene, I checked that there was effectively a restaurant establishment on the first floor of the complex, called Pizza Hut. This establishment was closed, because of the opening hours. However, in order to collect information, I went to another establishment called “Lite Bites” which is next door and where there was an employee, who identified herself as GS, of British nationality.

During our conversation, she said that she has worked there since May of this year, the owner of the space being George Brooks, identified by the enclosed photocopy of his passport, which she provided.

She said that the whereabouts of the owner were unknown since the 21st September 2007. On this date he collected....

(following page 8 is missing)

From Michael Wright's statement:

As for additional information I would like to add that on Sunday, 6 May I went to the pizzaria in PdL and bought a large quantity of pizzas. I was attended by a girl from Liverpool. I explained to her my relationship to the McCanns and she told me that her father 'George' had seen a man carrying a child in his arms in the early morning of 4 May in the resort. I asked her if her father would speak about this to the Portuguese authorities. I don't know if the information was ever investigated.

Was this person Brooks or Burke ever spoken too?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The George Burke Brooks sighting. /Lagos Marina Empty Re: The George Burke Brooks sighting. /Lagos Marina

Post by sallypelt 11.07.13 11:42

candyfloss wrote:I can't find anything in the search tool about this sighting of a man and woman seen in the early hours carrying a child.  

I have followed the case in the press as I live in the Algarve. However my attention has been drawn by the news that an English citizen (George Burke) who returned to the village in the morning from Lagos and who says that he saw a couple with a child at about 06.00. Would this person not be suspicious due to being from the village and be returning 7 seven hours after the events?

5 - 1 Apensos V, Vol  1 Page 7
apenso5_vol_1_Page7
apenso5_vol_1_Page8
MISSING PAGE

External Inquiry Report

Date: 2007/12/04
Place: Lagos Marina, Lagos.
Responsible Officer: Inspector Joao Carlos

Description and Result of Inquiry:

On this date I went to the abovementioned place with the purpose of gathering elements related to the previously mentioned information about a supposed sighting of Madeleine McCann, by a British individual named George Brooks in the early morning of 4th May 2007.

Once I arrived at the scene, I checked that there was effectively a restaurant establishment on the first floor of the complex, called Pizza Hut. This establishment was closed, because of the opening hours. However, in order to collect information, I went to another establishment called “Lite Bites” which is next door and where there was an employee, who identified herself as GS, of British nationality.

During our conversation, she said that she has worked there since May of this year, the owner of the space being George Brooks, identified by the enclosed photocopy of his passport, which she provided.

She said that the whereabouts of the owner were unknown since the 21st September 2007. On this date he collected....

(following page 8 is missing)

As for additional information I would like to add that on Sunday, 6 May I went to the pizzaria in PdL and bought a large quantity of pizzas. I was attended by a girl from Liverpool. I explained to her my relationship to the McCanns and she told me that her father 'George' had seen a man carrying a child in his arms in the early morning of 4 May in the resort. I asked her if her father would speak about this to the Portuguese authorities. I don't know if the information was ever investigated.

Was this person Brooks or Burke ever spoken too?

It appears that Brooks/Burke are one and the same.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

The George Burke Brooks sighting. /Lagos Marina Empty Re: The George Burke Brooks sighting. /Lagos Marina

Post by sallypelt 11.07.13 11:43

Leicestershire Constabulary Continuation Witness Statement

Continuation Statement - 4th May

Continuation Statement: Information from the Family

There is a male who owns a pizza hut in the resort called George originally from Liverpool. He states that on Friday morning at 5.55 AM on Friday 4th May 2007 he saw a couple acting suspiciously carrying a child near to the marina.

He can be contacted on the following number: ***

The pizza hut is near to a place called Amy Dukes.

The police have not yet spoken to this male.

FROM LIVERPOOL. Ummm

His passport gives his name as George Robert William Brooks. Wonder where the "Burke" comes from?
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 11.07.13 12:09

quote :    

Does this person mean under suspicion rather than suspicious, am reading it as if that is what is meant. Why should a local resident come under suspicion for being on the streets in the early hours of the morning? I am puzzled about that question.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 11.07.13 12:14

russiandoll wrote:quote :    

Does this person mean under suspicion rather than suspicious, am reading it as if that is what is meant. Why should a local resident come under suspicion for being on the streets in the early hours of the morning? I am puzzled about that question.

What I find suspicious is, that someone from LIVERPOOL saw the couple. WHAT a coincidence!
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by sheila.edwards 11.07.13 12:21

how strange, that kind of thing will surely have been or be all checked out by now with private investigators or soon in current investigation :spin:MW will have passed on info. also to family PJ and PI one would assume.
sheila.edwards

Activity : 212

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 11.07.13 15:01

Comment on another forum:
This Mr. Clement Freud, mentioned by the McCanns (who is recently deceased). He is the father of a PR expert who employs Clarence Mitchell. This PR expert is the son in law of Rupert Murdoch!

Clement Freud is co-owner of a house on a hill on the outskirts of Praia da Luz. Kate said she dreamed that Madeleine was buried on a hill. The principal owner of this property is a Phillip Wright whom, according to phone records, Mr. McCann contacted twice in July and twice in September of 2007.

A George Brooks while driving near this location on May 4, 2007, saw a couple carrying a child that took off to the next side-road.

The link between Murdoch & Mitchell especially shows how controlled it all is.

--------
gerry mccann phone calls: (Interesting list of calls!)

351282789xxx Portimao Philip Wright, Casa Colina

Casa Colina?

Is Philip Wright related to Michael Wright?

As for additional information I would like to add that on Sunday, 6 May I went to the pizzaria in PdL and bought a large quantity of pizzas. I was attended by a girl from Liverpool. I explained to her my relationship to the McCanns and she told me that her father 'George' [Brooks] had seen a man carrying a child in his arms in the early morning of 4 May in the resort. I asked her if her father would speak about this to the Portuguese authorities. I don't know if the information was ever investigated.

----

Clement Freud was a well known Plymouth Argyle Football supporter, Devon
Jane M Tanner lives in Exeter, Devon
Is this the Phillip Wright? Exmouth, Devon, company started 16th July 2007

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by suep 02.01.14 8:55

sallypelt wrote:Leicestershire Constabulary Continuation Witness Statement

Continuation Statement - 4th May

Continuation Statement: Information from the Family

There is a male who owns a pizza hut in the resort called George originally from Liverpool. He states that on Friday morning at 5.55 AM on Friday 4th May 2007 he saw a couple acting suspiciously carrying a child near to the marina.

He can be contacted on the following number: ***

The pizza hut is near to a place called Amy Dukes.

The police have not yet spoken to this male.

FROM LIVERPOOL. Ummm

His passport gives his name as George Robert  William Brooks. Wonder where the "Burke" comes from?

The name Burke would seem to come from a letter sent to the police by a M Martins which suggested the man George Brooks was 'suspicious'. As a result it would appear the police didn't rush to speak to him.

This has always puzzled me. Why would a person bother to write such a letter? Who is M Martins? Could it be this Maria Martins who, since 2008, has rented out a luxury villa in Luz?

Did she know the McCanns and do them a favour by diverting police attention away from a sighting of them at 6am on 4th May when they were out down at the Marina 'resuming their search'?
suep

Activity : 164

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.01.14 9:10

Tony Bennett covered part of this story in a long article about Michael Wright that he posted up on the 3As forum back in October 2008, here's an extract from it:

The first visit to Praia da Luz

He [Michael Wright] states in his statement to the Portuguese police that he received a ’phone call from his wife Anne-Marie’s mother around 11.00pm on Thursday 3rd  May, the date that Madeleine ‘disappeared’. That call from his wife’s mother, he said, informed him that ‘Madeleine had been taken from her bed’.  That confirms that the McCanns were ’phoning round the relatives very early indeed, firmly implanting in them, even within the first hour after Madeleine was reported ‘missing’, the idea that Madeleine had been abducted.

He then says he spoke to Dr Kate McCann the following morning (4th May) between 10.00am and 11.00am in order to ‘arrange getting Dr Kate McCanns’ parents to Portugal’. Dr Kate McCann was apparently saying that she wanted her mother or both of her parents to join her in Praia da Luz.

Michael Wright (though incorrectly referred to in the report as Michael Healy), was quoted in one newspaper on 4th May as follows:

“Madeleine's uncle, Michael Wright, speaking from her grandparents' home in Liverpool, said: “They are all in a hell of a state. Everyone has been up all night. I spoke to Gerry and he wants as much publicity as possible if it helps”.

We know however that during the very early hours of 4th May, Michael Wright had already taken Aunt Nora to Liverpool (she had been staying with him at Skipton), and that Mrs Susan Healy (Dr Kate McCann’s mother) and Nora were already en route to Faro. In fact they had probably arrived there by mid or late morning on 4th May. If Michael Wright spoke to Dr Kate McCann at all at that time (around 10am to 11am on 4th May), it must surely have been simply to tell her that Nora and her mother they were on their way, or even to ask if they had arrived, rather than to ‘arrange getting Dr Kate McCanns’ parents to Portugal’.

Looking at the ’phone records of Dr Gerry and Kate McCann that the Portuguese police have now disclosed, and taking into account the evidence of Dr Kate McCann’s mother, Mrs Susan Healy, it seems that Dr Gerry McCann was the first to make contact with her, in the now-famous ’phone call when he screamed hysterically down the ’phone: ‘There’s been a disaster, there’s been a disaster”. The bemused Susan Healy thought there had been some kind of serious car accident. It looks as though Dr Kate McCann made her telephone call to her mother at around 00.45am on the morning of the 4th. No doubt the pair of them would then have discussed arrangements as to who was to come over to Portugal. And without doubt, the urgent necessity for Michael Wright to come over was discussed. As we shall see, though Dr Gerry McCann mentions his other relatives in his blog, he is curiously silent about the role of Michael Wright, though he was to play a major role over in Praia da Luz between May and September 2007.

So, we have learned that on Friday 4th May, between 10.00 and 11.00am, Michael Wright spoke to Dr Kate McCann, who told him that she wanted her parents to come to Portugal. By then, it appeared that he was already in Liverpool. He went to Portugal on 5th May and stayed to 11th May, staying close by the McCanns in their new Ocean Club apartment (they had had to move from Apartment 5A). Clearly, Michael Wright was important and Dr Gerry McCann wanted him right there by his side - immediately. Throughout - for example when apparently going on a mission to chaperon Kate back to England for the christening/baptism of a friend, he seems to have acted as a ‘trusted lieutenant’.

By this time, Dr Gerry and Dr Kate McCann were then accommodated in the new ‘replacement’ apartment on first floor of ‘Building Four’ - believed to be Apartment 5D, which had been the Paynes’ apartment. Michael Wright is believed to have stayed on the floor above the McCanns. Later, it seems that the McCanns were moved by Mark Warners to another apartment in the Ocean Club complex - plus they were given an entirely separate apartment by Mark Warners so that they could run an office from which to operate their campaign to ‘find Madeleine’.
Soon after Michael Wright went to Portugal, his eldest daughter appeared on the Beebo website, writing about going to babysit her half-sister and brother as her Dad had gone to Portugal. If this was a true posting, it seems that Michael Wright may have three children, not just the two that were christened/baptised in July - see below.
The pizza girl
During this time, on 6th May, Michael Wright says he met a girl from Liverpool. He says he bought a large quantity of pizzas from a ‘pizza shack’ on the beach of Praia da Luz; the girl serving the pizzas was from Liverpool. She apparently told him that her father, known as ‘George B’, had seen a man carrying child during the very early hours of 4th May in the resort, the day after Madeleine ‘went missing’.  Michael Wright apparently didn’t know if ‘George’ had been spoken to by authorities.

This possible ‘sighting’ of Madeleine was for some reason never mentioned by the McCanns, although they many times referred to the ever-changing and unreliable claimed sighting by Jane Tanner, and to another, at around 10.00pm on the evening of 3rd May, by a man from Ireland, Martin Smith.

A number of questions have been raised about this ‘sighting’ of ‘George B’. For example, did ‘George B’ report this ‘sighting’ to the Portuguese police? If so, it should of course be in the police files. If it wasn’t reported, why not? As Michael Wright was advised by the girl of this ‘sighting’, did he run and tell the McCanns? - and did the McCanns then contact the police?

Let us look at this another way. Suppose you're out there helping your close relations Kate and Gerry after the tragic abduction of their daughter. You go down to the beach on Sunday - just three days later - and go and get some pizzas. The girl there tells you that her father saw someone carrying a young girl on the night of 3rd/4th May. So - what do you do? You might, for example: (a) immediately ’phone Kate and Gerry to and tell them of the lead, or (b) contact the Portuguese police immediately, or (c) contact the UK Police immediately, or (d) ask the girl to make contact with the father so you can speak to him? But - no. Apparently Michael Wright does none of these things. He did nothing and apparently only mentions it to the police months later.

REST SNIPPED
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.01.14 9:46

You may find this interesting.

The wider Freud family invented public relations.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by suep 02.01.14 17:15

Clay Regazzoni wrote:You may find this interesting.

The wider Freud family invented public relations.

Thanks Clay. I've heard of this guy before. I've always thought that there's not much to choose between PR and PRopaganda myself.
Its been said by many that mainstream news is now mostly written by PR people. The Alan Curtis documentaries mentioned on the Wikipedia page you provided are well worth watching - they're on YouTube - and a guy called Noam Chomsky has a lot of interesting things to say about this subject.
suep

Activity : 164

Back to top Go down

Post by fossey 10.06.14 23:35

Bumping this thread to remind myself at some point to come back to it tomoz.
fossey

Activity : 304

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.06.14 8:58

fossey wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bumping this thread to remind myself at some point to come back to it tomoz.

It may be interesting to read about the Brooks sighting in the context of the latest search.  And Johanna`s most recent blog.  Not forgetting Kate Mccann`s statement that she thought that " a couple had taken her".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by fossey 11.06.14 9:39

Snipped from PJ files.

Regarding the facts in question, he states that he had already contacted the OH in May of 2007 and at this time relayed to the police that at around 06H00 in the morning on the 4th May, 2007, he saw a couple passing the Marina de Lagos. The man was carrying the child. It was ascertained at that time that the aforementioned situation would not be of interest to the investigation. 
Signed,
Ricardo Paiva

Why would this not be of interest of the investigation?

the whereabouts of the owner were unknown since the 21st September 2007

Mmmm, what ever happened to this guy then?
fossey

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus 2 11.06.14 9:56

I thought Brooks sighting could be legit as the Mcanns were out early that morning searching.Considering Brooks went missing afterwards he could have been paid ,perhaps that is one bank account they need to look at. Need to know about  MICHAEL  Wright, a bit more imo.
Markus 2

Activity : 399

Back to top Go down

Post by fossey 11.06.14 10:02

Markus 2 wrote:I thought Brooks sighting could be legit as the Mcanns were out early that morning searching.Considering Brooks went missing afterwards he could have been paid ,perhaps that is one bank account they need to look at. Need to know about  Portimao Philip Wright, Casa Colina a bit more imo.
Who is Philip Wright and Casa Colina...?
fossey

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus 2 11.06.14 10:06

Sorry Michael Wright    447775565xxx UK mobile Michael Wright    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
IT SEEMS SOME ACCOUNTS SAY PHILLIP
Markus 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 11.06.14 13:55

Markus 2 wrote:Sorry Michael Wright    447775565xxx UK mobile Michael Wright    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Philip and Andrew Wright were co-owners of villa Casa Colina with Clement Freud. AFAIK know relation to Michael Wright.

Casa Colina marked by the blue icon on this map

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus 2 11.06.14 14:08

Gillyspot wrote:
Markus 2 wrote:Sorry Michael Wright    447775565xxx UK mobile Michael Wright    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Philip and Andrew Wright were co-owners of villa Casa Colina with Clement Freud. AFAIK know relation to Michael Wright.

Casa Colina marked by the blue icon on this map

During this time, on 6th May, Michael Wright says he met a girl from Liverpool. He says he bought a large quantity of pizzas from a ‘pizza shack’ on the beach of Praia da Luz; the girl serving the pizzas was from Liverpool. She apparently told him that her father, known as ‘George B’, had seen a man carrying child during the very early hours of 4th May in the resort, the day after Madeleine ‘went missing’. Michael Wright apparently didn’t know if ‘George’ had been spoken to by authorities.

Thanks for that, so this is the important one,  Michael wright ,= his daughter,= Brooks ,= Brooks disappears , ? bank account?
Markus 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.06.14 14:12

Guess I better not start up another conspiracy theory by associating the name with one recently disgraced media manipulator formerly in the employ of the Murdoch empire.  To further muddy the topic, the Portuguese cleaner who found Charlie Brooks secret stash of porn happens has the same name as a Portuguese cleaner employed by the Ocean Club at the time of Maddie's 'disappearance'.  Of course, I know it's not the same cleaner person but goodness me, all these coincidences boggle the mind.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus 2 11.06.14 14:23

Gollum wrote:Guess I better not start up another conspiracy theory by associating the name with one recently disgraced media manipulator formerly in the employ of the Murdoch empire.  To further muddy the topic, the Portuguese cleaner who found Charlie Brooks secret stash of porn happens has the same name as a Portuguese cleaner employed by the Ocean Club at the time of Maddie's 'disappearance'.  Of course, I know it's not the same cleaner person but goodness me, all these coincidences boggle the mind.
Certainly does, how do you  decipher that ,Charlie Brooks appears in basement car park with laptop, later found hidden behind bins by cleaner. 🇪🇭 Is C B related to  George Brooks, so maybe it was a legit tip off from GEORGE BROOKS  huh  ROUND IN CIRCLES.
Markus 2

Back to top Go down

The George Burke Brooks sighting. /Lagos Marina Empty 5th May 6.30am sighting

Post by Guest 11.06.14 16:28

sorry if this has been said already but I noticed the link at the foot of the page relating to the 4th May 6.30am sighting and it lead to another forum and then this story which I hadn't seen before.

Both people seem adamant they saw people who looked like Kate and Gerry carrying a young girl. Mention is made of the child being over the shoulder as when Gerry stepped off the plane and also that the woman was very distressed.

Sorry if it's been recently discussed!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kimHager 11.06.14 16:38

White van man"!" Oh my I wonder if they were related or knew the van owner. I believe the had to have a link and how many ppl have saw things and never heard back from authorities. Some of course may be innocent but this seems too detailed and if the date was right and IF it was Maddy I wonder where she was before then...

Activity : 483

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.06.14 11:04

Could this be relevant to the Marina sighting?

Leicestershire Constabulary
Witness Statement
Statement of: Peter Neal PATTERSON
Date: 08 May 2008

"Kate asked me to pray at the Marina, which I did, a number of times during the week."

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Justformaddie 29.06.14 11:41

icarus wrote:sorry if this has been said already but I noticed the link at the foot of the page relating to the 4th May 6.30am sighting and it lead to another forum and then this story which I hadn't seen before.

Both people seem adamant they saw people who looked like Kate and Gerry carrying a young girl. Mention is made of the child being over the shoulder as when Gerry stepped off the plane and also that the woman was very distressed.

Sorry if it's been recently discussed!
Haven't seen that before either, then a few weeks ago I read another story of a fisherman who seen GM drunk in the early hours looking for her with a bottle of beer. Makes me wonder what is in the files that have not been released yet  huh

Activity : 541

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum