The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Getting down to basics - the search for Madeleine on the night she went missing - Page 2 Mm11

Getting down to basics - the search for Madeleine on the night she went missing - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Getting down to basics - the search for Madeleine on the night she went missing - Page 2 Mm11

Getting down to basics - the search for Madeleine on the night she went missing - Page 2 Regist10

Getting down to basics - the search for Madeleine on the night she went missing

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Getting down to basics - the search for Madeleine on the night she went missing - Page 2 Empty Re: Getting down to basics - the search for Madeleine on the night she went missing

Post by PeterMac 01.03.13 9:03

No problem. It is seared into my mind.

Gerald McCann, statement, 4 May 2007: 11:15 a.m.
“. . . Thus, at 9.05 pm, the deponent entered the club, using his key, the door being
locked, and went to the children's bedroom and noted that the twins and Madeleine
were in perfect condition. .

Witness statement of Gerald Patrick McCann, on the 4th of May 2007, at 11.15 a.m. Processos Vol I, pages 34 - 41 Location: CID Portimão
may be accessed on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Gerald McCann, statement, 10 May 2007:
Despite what he said in his previous statements, he states now and with certainty, that he left with KATE
through the back door which he consequently closed but did not lock, given that that is only possible from the inside. . .
He walked the normal route up to the back door, which being open he only had to slide, . . .

Witness statement of Gerald Patrick McCann, on the 10th of May 2007, at 3.20 p.m. Processos Vol IV, pages 891-903 Location: CID Portimão
may be acessed at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Getting down to basics - the search for Madeleine on the night she went missing - Page 2 Empty Re: Getting down to basics - the search for Madeleine on the night she went missing

Post by plebgate 01.03.13 9:20

Thanks for that Peter Mac.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Swizzlestick 07.04.13 17:53

plebgate wrote:Thanks for that Peter Mac.

This is going off-topic a bit, so apologies for it, just that I have been trying to find details of the search of the beach area after Madeleine had gone missing, but can't find anything.

I'd be grateful if somebody could point me in the right direction.
Swizzlestick
Swizzlestick

Activity : 111

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 08.04.13 14:48

@swizzlestick: The PJ amongst others, searched the beach in the following days and I believe guests did search there on the night.
The full report ont he PJ searches can be found on McCannfiles.com.
Here however - also from McCannfiles.com is some other interesting information.
Compare the testimony of Silvia Batista with Gerry having gone to the main reception. He wasn't seen there before or past 11.00 pm.

Gerry McCann

Gerry McCann

Overview

In Gerry's 4th May and 10th May statements, he appears to be describing search activities in which he was personally involved but his statement of 7th September makes it clear that he is actually describing the activities of other people.

On 4th May, he describes how 'the group' searched in various locations.

On 10th May, he describes how 'they' continued their searches outside.

On 7th September, he describes how 'guests and resort workers' were searching, whilst he 'went to the main reception to check whether they had called the police'. Gerry states that he 'looked for her all over the apartment' and 'particularly remembers having looked under all the beds, inside the wardrobes in all the rooms'. After returning from the reception 'he went back into the apartment where he stayed in the living room and in their bedroom'.

04 May 2007 statement

'Faced with this altered scenario, KATE checked that the twins were in their respective beds, unlike MADELEINE, who had disappeared. After thoroughly searching the apartment, his wife, quite scared and upset, went to the restaurant to alert the deponent and the others about the disappearance. Immediately, the group headed for the club and searched across all the facilities, swimming pool, tennis etc., as well as in the apartment, with the help of Ocean Club employees, while at the same time they contacted the authorities, that would later appear.'

10 May 2007 statement

'Then he closed the shutters, made his way to the outside and tried to open them, which he managed to do, much to his surprise given that he thought that that was only possible from the inside. They continued with searches outside, around the various apartment blocks, the deponent having asked MATHEW to go to the secondary reception in order to communicate the fact to the local police, since he had no doubt that his daughter had been abducted. He refutes, peremptorily, the possibility that MADELEINE could have left the apartment by her own means.'

07 September 2007 statement

'He remembers that after it was known that Madeleine had disappeared he looked for her all over the apartment. He particularly remembers having looked under all the beds, inside the wardrobes in all the rooms at the same time that Kate told him she had looked everywhere already.'

---

'When asked why instead of scouring the land next to the complex they remained inside the apartment, he replies that it did not happen that way. While the guests and resort workers were searching, he went to the main reception to check whether they had called the police, and told Kate to wait inside the apartment. After returning from the reception he went back into the apartment where he stayed in the living room and in their bedroom.'
unquote
(First call to police 22.40sh. not by Gerry/ MO has different story iirc)

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Swizzlestick 08.04.13 15:50

tigger wrote:@swizzlestick: The PJ amongst others, searched the beach in the following days and I believe guests did search there on the night.
The full report ont he PJ searches can be found on McCannfiles.com.
Here however - also from McCannfiles.com is some other interesting information.
Compare the testimony of Silvia Batista with Gerry having gone to the main reception. He wasn't seen there before or past 11.00 pm.

Gerry McCann

Gerry McCann

Overview

In Gerry's 4th May and 10th May statements, he appears to be describing search activities in which he was personally involved but his statement of 7th September makes it clear that he is actually describing the activities of other people.

On 4th May, he describes how 'the group' searched in various locations.

On 10th May, he describes how 'they' continued their searches outside.

On 7th September, he describes how 'guests and resort workers' were searching, whilst he 'went to the main reception to check whether they had called the police'. Gerry states that he 'looked for her all over the apartment' and 'particularly remembers having looked under all the beds, inside the wardrobes in all the rooms'. After returning from the reception 'he went back into the apartment where he stayed in the living room and in their bedroom'.

04 May 2007 statement

'Faced with this altered scenario, KATE checked that the twins were in their respective beds, unlike MADELEINE, who had disappeared. After thoroughly searching the apartment, his wife, quite scared and upset, went to the restaurant to alert the deponent and the others about the disappearance. Immediately, the group headed for the club and searched across all the facilities, swimming pool, tennis etc., as well as in the apartment, with the help of Ocean Club employees, while at the same time they contacted the authorities, that would later appear.'

10 May 2007 statement

'Then he closed the shutters, made his way to the outside and tried to open them, which he managed to do, much to his surprise given that he thought that that was only possible from the inside. They continued with searches outside, around the various apartment blocks, the deponent having asked MATHEW to go to the secondary reception in order to communicate the fact to the local police, since he had no doubt that his daughter had been abducted. He refutes, peremptorily, the possibility that MADELEINE could have left the apartment by her own means.'

07 September 2007 statement

'He remembers that after it was known that Madeleine had disappeared he looked for her all over the apartment. He particularly remembers having looked under all the beds, inside the wardrobes in all the rooms at the same time that Kate told him she had looked everywhere already.'

---

'When asked why instead of scouring the land next to the complex they remained inside the apartment, he replies that it did not happen that way. While the guests and resort workers were searching, he went to the main reception to check whether they had called the police, and told Kate to wait inside the apartment. After returning from the reception he went back into the apartment where he stayed in the living room and in their bedroom.'
unquote
(First call to police 22.40sh. not by Gerry/ MO has different story iirc)

Thanks for that Tigger, very kind of you. I'll certainly take a look at what you have recommended and said here. I just need to try and get an idea of what could have gone on, IMO, after the "Smith" siting.
Swizzlestick
Swizzlestick

Activity : 111

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores 08.04.13 16:04

When Jane Hill asked Kate about going out searching, why instead of babbling on about working very hard, why didn't she say instead, oh but they had, they went out at four the next morning at first light. Why wait until 4 years later to talk about jumping over walls and what not?

I have just realised how slow I have been in not thinking about this contradiction before.
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils 08.04.13 16:26

PeterMac wrote:Another fascinating thing is the use of the word "dumpster" which is NOT British English. It is American. It is not a word in common use in England. We would use "skip" or "dust-bin"
Add this to the american spelling throughout
"I am sure this book will re-energize the search for our daughter
I apologize.
I was baptized and brought up
sample for fertilization
I’d visualized myself"

And one begins to suspect that this was ghost written, or spell checked by someone who had incorrect language settings.
- - -
And yes, I did send it to Grange.

Regarding the Americanisations: Of all people, someone like Kate and especially Gerry would perhaps be more aware of these spellings than perhaps the general public. When papers are sent to scientific/medical journals, the spelling format used has to reflect the country of publication of the journal. So if submitting a paper to a UK journal, you have to make sure you don't use the American spellings and vice versa.

As for using the word "dumpster" - I have NEVER hear a Brit use that term. "Wheelie bin" is the most common description, in my experience.

So, I wonder, was this book intended for an American target audience? If not, then it was very, very sloppy of Kate.
Lance De Boils
Lance De Boils

Activity : 1053

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 08.04.13 16:30

Lance De Boils wrote:
PeterMac wrote:Another fascinating thing is the use of the word "dumpster" which is NOT British English. It is American. It is not a word in common use in England. We would use "skip" or "dust-bin"
I apologize.
sample for fertilization
I’d visualized myself"

And one begins to suspect that this was ghost written, or spell checked by someone who had incorrect language settings.
- - -

Regarding the Americanisations: Of all people, someone like Kate and especially Gerry would perhaps be more aware of these spellings than perhaps the general public. When papers are sent to scientific/medical journals, the spelling format used has to reflect the country of publication of the journal. So if submitting a paper to a UK journal, you have to make sure you don't use the American spellings and vice versa.

As for using the word "dumpster" - I have NEVER hear a Brit use that term. "Wheelie bin" is the most common description, in my experience.

So, I wonder, was this book intended for an American target audience? If not, then it was very, very sloppy of Kate.

Not sure if it actually helps solve the spelling but I also put this snippet into Windows on my mac and did a spell check. The only word it queried was "sample" (no capital). If this Book was written up on a mac it would automatically use "z'ds"

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.04.13 17:18

Depending on its [sloppy] installation an iMac may automatically refer to English [US], but the spell check can be changed to English [GB], just like you can e.g. chose between French and French [Canadian].

It is IMO very well possible, though, that it was done on purpose. One can sell American English in the UK, but NOT British English in the USofA. That would have required a "translation". Money to be spent ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 08.04.13 17:23

Angelique wrote:
Lance De Boils wrote:
I apologize.
sample for fertilization
I’d visualized myself"

- - -

Not sure if it actually helps solve the spelling but I also put this snippet into Windows on my mac and did a spell check. The only word it queried was "sample" (no capital). If this Book was written up on a mac it would automatically use "z'ds"

It does on my Mac, but I always ignore the spellchecker especially on the s/z matter.

'Dumpster' - hmm. eyes already firmly on the US - why?
As was the ubiquitous Jon Corner around 10 am on the 4th May 2007:
By this time our friend Jon Corner, a creative director in media production in Liverpool, was circulating photographs and video footage of Madeleine to the police, Interpol and broadcasting and newspaper news desks. This was in accordance with the standard advice of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children in the US, which advocates getting an image of a missing child into the public domain as soon as possible.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum