The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.


Jill Havern
Forum owner

Disinformation - the 25 Rules of

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Disinformation - the 25 Rules of

Post by rainbow-fairy on 16.02.13 23:00

http://vigilantcitizen.com/latestnews/the-25-rules-of-disinformation/

If EVER you wonder about a doubtful poster, refer to this. I think we have seen every tactic, and then some, used over the years! spin

____________________
"Ask the dogs, Sandra" - Gerry McCann to Sandra Felgueiras



Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

Posts : 1971
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-05-26
Age : 42
Location : going round in circles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Disinformation - the 25 Rules of

Post by happychick on 17.02.13 6:17

From Twenty-Five Ways To Suppress Truth: The Rules of Disinformation (Includes The 8 Traits of A Disinformationalist) by H. Michael Sweeney. These 25 rules are everywhere in media, from political debates, to television shows, to comments on a blog.

1. Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil. Regardless of what you know, don’t discuss it — especially if you are a public figure, news anchor, etc. If it’s not reported, it didn’t happen, and you never have to deal with the issues.

2. Become incredulous and indignant. Avoid discussing key issues and instead focus on side issues which can be used show the topic as being critical of some otherwise sacrosanct group or theme. This is also known as the “How dare you!” gambit.

3. Create rumor mongers. Avoid discussing issues by describing all charges, regardless of venue or evidence, as mere rumors and wild accusations. Other derogatory terms mutually exclusive of truth may work as well. This method works especially well with a silent press, because the only way the public can learn of the facts are through such “arguable rumors”. If you can associate the material with the Internet, use this fact to certify it a “wild rumor” which can have no basis in fact.

4. Use a straw man. Find or create a seeming element of your opponent’s argument which you can easily knock down to make yourself look good and the opponent to look bad. Either make up an issue you may safely imply exists based on your interpretation of the opponent/opponent arguments/situation, or select the weakest aspect of the weakest charges. Amplify their significance and destroy them in a way which appears to debunk all the charges, real and fabricated alike, while actually avoiding discussion of the real issues.

5. Sidetrack opponents with name calling and ridicule. This is also known as the primary attack the messenger ploy, though other methods qualify as variants of that approach. Associate opponents with unpopular titles such as “kooks”, “right-wing”, “liberal”, “left-wing”, “terrorists”, “conspiracy buffs”, “radicals”, “militia”, “racists”, “religious fanatics”, “sexual deviates”, and so forth. This makes others shrink from support out of fear of gaining the same label, and you avoid dealing with issues.

6. Hit and Run. In any public forum, make a brief attack of your opponent or the opponent position and then scamper off before an answer can be fielded, or simply ignore any answer. This works extremely well in Internet and letters-to-the-editor environments where a steady stream of new identities can be called upon without having to explain criticism reasoning — simply make an accusation or other attack, never discussing issues, and never answering any subsequent response, for that would dignify the opponent’s viewpoint.

7. Question motives. Twist or amplify any fact which could so taken to imply that the opponent operates out of a hidden personal agenda or other bias. This avoids discussing issues and forces the accuser on the defensive.

8. Invoke authority. Claim for yourself or associate yourself with authority and present your argument with enough “jargon” and “minutiae” to illustrate you are “one who knows”, and simply say it isn’t so without discussing issues or demonstrating concretely why or citing sources.

9. Play Dumb. No matter what evidence or logical argument is offered, avoid discussing issues with denial they have any credibility, make any sense, provide any proof, contain or make a point, have logic, or support a conclusion. Mix well for maximum effect.

10. Associate opponent charges with old news. A derivative of the straw man usually, in any large-scale matter of high visibility, someone will make charges early on which can be or were already easily dealt with. Where it can be foreseen, have your own side raise a straw man issue and have it dealt with early on as part of the initial contingency plans. Subsequent charges, regardless of validity or new ground uncovered, can usually them be associated with the original charge and dismissed as simply being a rehash without need to address current issues — so much the better where the opponent is or was involved with the original source.

11. Establish and rely upon fall-back positions. Using a minor matter or element of the facts, take the “high road” and “confess” with candor that some innocent mistake, in hindsight, was made — but that opponents have seized on the opportunity to blow it all out of proportion and imply greater criminalities which, “just isn’t so.” Others can reinforce this on your behalf, later. Done properly, this can garner sympathy and respect for “coming clean” and “owning up” to your mistakes without addressing more serious issues.

12. Enigmas have no solution. Drawing upon the overall umbrella of events surrounding the crime and the multitude of players and events, paint the entire affair as too complex to solve. This causes those otherwise following the matter to begin to loose interest more quickly without having to address the actual issues.

13. Alice in Wonderland Logic. Avoid discussion of the issues by reasoning backwards with an apparent deductive logic in a way that forbears any actual material fact.

14. Demand complete solutions. Avoid the issues by requiring opponents to solve the crime at hand completely, a ploy which works best for items qualifying for rule 10.

15. Fit the facts to alternate conclusions. This requires creative thinking unless the crime was planned with contingency conclusions in place.

16. Vanishing evidence and witnesses. If it does not exist, it is not fact, and you won’t have to address the issue.

17. Change the subject. Usually in connection with one of the other ploys listed here, find a way to side-track the discussion with abrasive or controversial comments in hopes of turning attention to a new, more manageable topic. This works especially well with companions who can “argue” with you over the new topic and polarize the discussion arena in order to avoid discussing more key issues.

18. Emotionalize, Antagonize, and Goad Opponents. If you can’t do anything else, chide and taunt your opponents and draw them into emotional responses which will tend to make them look foolish and overly motivated, and generally render their material somewhat less coherent. Not only will you avoid discussing the issues in the first instance, but even if their emotional response addresses the issue, you can further avoid the issues by then focusing on how “sensitive they are to criticism”.

19. Ignore proof presented, demand impossible proofs. This is perhaps a variant of the “play dumb” rule. Regardless of what material may be presented by an opponent in public forums, claim the material irrelevant and demand proof that is impossible for the opponent to come by (it may exist, but not be at his disposal, or it may be something which is known to be safely destroyed or withheld, such as a murder weapon). In order to completely avoid discussing issues may require you to categorically deny and be critical of media or books as valid sources, deny that witnesses are acceptable, or even deny that statements made by government or other authorities have any meaning or relevance.

20. False evidence. Whenever possible, introduce new facts or clues designed and manufactured to conflict with opponent presentations as useful tools to neutralize sensitive issues or impede resolution. This works best when the crime was designed with contingencies for the purpose, and the facts cannot be easily separated from the fabrications.

21. Call a Grand Jury, Special Prosecutor, or other empowered investigative body. Subvert the (process) to your benefit and effectively neutralize all sensitive issues without open discussion. Once convened, the evidence and testimony are required to be secret when properly handled. For instance, if you own the prosecuting attorney, it can insure a Grand Jury hears no useful evidence and that the evidence is sealed an unavailable to subsequent investigators. Once a favorable verdict (usually, this technique is applied to find the guilty innocent, but it can also be used to obtain charges when seeking to frame a victim) is achieved, the matter can be considered officially closed.

22. Manufacture a new truth. Create your own expert(s), group(s), author(s), leader(s) or influence existing ones willing to forge new ground via scientific, investigative, or social research or testimony which concludes favorably. In this way, if you must actually address issues, you can do so authoritatively.

23. Create bigger distractions. If the above does not seem to be working to distract from sensitive issues, or to prevent unwanted media coverage of unstoppable events such as trials, create bigger news stories (or treat them as such) to distract the multitudes.

24. Silence critics. If the above methods do not prevail, consider removing opponents from circulation by some definitive solution so that the need to address issues is removed entirely. This can be by their death, arrest and detention, blackmail or destruction of their character by release of blackmail information, or merely by proper intimidation with blackmail or other threats.

25. Vanish. If you are a key holder of secrets or otherwise overly illuminated and you think the heat is getting too hot, to avoid the issues, vacate the kitchen.

____________________


happychick

Posts : 400
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2011-06-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Disinformation - the 25 Rules of

Post by plebgate on 17.02.13 8:55

I agree we have seen this sort of behaviour for many years now and that is why I am sick to the back teeth of politicians, most celebs and any other fool who thinks they can pull the wool over my eyes with all that nonsense.

plebgate

Posts : 5465
Reputation : 1180
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Disinformation - the 25 Rules of

Post by bobbin on 17.02.13 11:30

@rainbow-fairy wrote:http://vigilantcitizen.com/latestnews/the-25-rules-of-disinformation/

If EVER you wonder about a doubtful poster, refer to this. I think we have seen every tactic, and then some, used over the years!

rainbow-fairy, thanks for finding this site, and happychick thanks for printing it out.
I think this shows us now, that serious posters trying to find out what happened to Maddie, are not bullies when they challenge what we can now more easily identify as either paid up wums or those, whose hidden agenda, are desperate to use whatever tactics to stifle investigation and the discovery of their corrupt plans.

I have printed the page and can see so many shifty little slime balls, in all levels of politics and hidden-agenda-massaging, crawling around in those descriptions....yuk, but hey, better forewarned than not.

bobbin

Posts : 2030
Reputation : 125
Join date : 2011-12-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Disinformation - the 25 Rules of

Post by rainbow-fairy on 17.02.13 15:17

@bobbin wrote:
@rainbow-fairy wrote:http://vigilantcitizen.com/latestnews/the-25-rules-of-disinformation/

If EVER you wonder about a doubtful poster, refer to this. I think we have seen every tactic, and then some, used over the years!

rainbow-fairy, thanks for finding this site, and happychick thanks for printing it out.
I think this shows us now, that serious posters trying to find out what happened to Maddie, are not bullies when they challenge what we can now more easily identify as either paid up wums or those, whose hidden agenda, are desperate to use whatever tactics to stifle investigation and the discovery of their corrupt plans.

I have printed the page and can see so many shifty little slime balls, in all levels of politics and hidden-agenda-massaging, crawling around in those descriptions....yuk, but hey, better forewarned than not.
Thank you bobbin and no problem! I found it about a week ago, can't remember how (it was one of those google searches that leads to one page, then another, then another) but like you I could see so many of our 'so-called betters' in those 25 rules (and hit and run posters here with one aim - derail) that I just had to post the link yes

____________________
"Ask the dogs, Sandra" - Gerry McCann to Sandra Felgueiras



Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

Posts : 1971
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-05-26
Age : 42
Location : going round in circles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Disinformation - the 25 Rules of

Post by Guest on 17.02.13 15:37

I have printed it too for future reference. Thanks.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Disinformation - the 25 Rules of

Post by Guest on 17.02.13 16:46

It's not the hit and run posters who are the worst problem, it's the time wasters who would argue with a signpost and then, when the plug is pulled on them, they go elsewhere to whine about being deprived of their free speech!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Disinformation - the 25 Rules of

Post by Guest on 17.02.13 19:18

Jean wrote:It's not the hit and run posters who are the worst problem, it's the time wasters who would argue with a signpost and then, when the plug is pulled on them, they go elsewhere to whine about being deprived of their free speech!
***
Yeah, I've meanwhile seen some of them ... v.v.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Disinformation - the 25 Rules of

Post by Spaniel on 17.02.13 19:53

Châtelaine wrote:
Jean wrote:It's not the hit and run posters who are the worst problem, it's the time wasters who would argue with a signpost and then, when the plug is pulled on them, they go elsewhere to whine about being deprived of their free speech!
***
Yeah, I've meanwhile seen some of them ... v.v.
I would suggest less moaning about members and more discussion about the case. Some have fallen by the wayside and I hope they return, but we have some new posters who are contributing a great deal.

Joining anywhere, whether it be an office or forum is like putting a new horse into a field of established others. They get kicked and bitten until accepted. Even then they get the occasional kick when stepping out of line. The newcomer then retreats to a corner of the field and edges his way back.
I hope all those who have stopped posting accept my analogy and come back too.
The best way to introduce a horse into the scenario above is to keep it in a field adjoining the others for a while. The equivalent of the introduce yourself page.

All animals, including us act the same.

Top dog, pecking order, leader of the pack and so on.

I've been guilty of it too, but some have seemlessly overcome the poor welcome and integrated here, whilst others haven't.

I can only hope they come back with a post and try us out again.

Spaniel

Posts : 743
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-01-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Disinformation - the 25 Rules of

Post by Jenns on 17.02.13 22:45

@Spaniel wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:
Jean wrote:It's not the hit and run posters who are the worst problem, it's the time wasters who would argue with a signpost and then, when the plug is pulled on them, they go elsewhere to whine about being deprived of their free speech!
***
Yeah, I've meanwhile seen some of them ... v.v.
I would suggest less moaning about members and more discussion about the case. Some have fallen by the wayside and I hope they return, but we have some new posters who are contributing a great deal.

Joining anywhere, whether it be an office or forum is like putting a new horse into a field of established others. They get kicked and bitten until accepted. Even then they get the occasional kick when stepping out of line. The newcomer then retreats to a corner of the field and edges his way back.
I hope all those who have stopped posting accept my analogy and come back too.
The best way to introduce a horse into the scenario above is to keep it in a field adjoining the others for a while. The equivalent of the introduce yourself page.

All animals, including us act the same.

Top dog, pecking order, leader of the pack and so on.

I've been guilty of it too, but some have seemlessly overcome the poor welcome and integrated here, whilst others haven't.

I can only hope they come back with a post and try us out again.


All sounds very tribal "spaniel" but you are unfortunately probably right.

(" Less moaning about members", though?........Hang on a minute.....weren`t you the poster on another thread asking new members to come on and explain to "us" why some people register but don`t post.............or a similar question? )

Well........it occured to me as a new member to ask you then to simply accept people and their posting habits as they are.......

Us and Them and your stable bitings and pecking orders reminded me of the old AOL boards where we had to negotiate the "Respected and Selecteds"........waiting for a pat on the head or a round of applause to indicate approval or acceptance.

Get over yourselves, some of you...........you were less well informed, up to speed with the case and erudite once......

( Surely?? )

Jenns

Posts : 32
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-11-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Disinformation - the 25 Rules of

Post by Spaniel on 17.02.13 23:35

@Jenns wrote:
@Spaniel wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:
Jean wrote:It's not the hit and run posters who are the worst problem, it's the time wasters who would argue with a signpost and then, when the plug is pulled on them, they go elsewhere to whine about being deprived of their free speech!
***
Yeah, I've meanwhile seen some of them ... v.v.
I would suggest less moaning about members and more discussion about the case. Some have fallen by the wayside and I hope they return, but we have some new posters who are contributing a great deal.

Joining anywhere, whether it be an office or forum is like putting a new horse into a field of established others. They get kicked and bitten until accepted. Even then they get the occasional kick when stepping out of line. The newcomer then retreats to a corner of the field and edges his way back.
I hope all those who have stopped posting accept my analogy and come back too.
The best way to introduce a horse into the scenario above is to keep it in a field adjoining the others for a while. The equivalent of the introduce yourself page.

All animals, including us act the same.

Top dog, pecking order, leader of the pack and so on.

I've been guilty of it too, but some have seemlessly overcome the poor welcome and integrated here, whilst others haven't.

I can only hope they come back with a post and try us out again.


All sounds very tribal "spaniel" but you are unfortunately probably right.

(" Less moaning about members", though?........Hang on a minute.....weren`t you the poster on another thread asking new members to come on and explain to "us" why some people register but don`t post.............or a similar question? )

Well........it occured to me as a new member to ask you then to simply accept people and their posting habits as they are.......

Us and Them and your stable bitings and pecking orders reminded me of the old AOL boards where we had to negotiate the "Respected and Selecteds"........waiting for a pat on the head or a round of applause to indicate approval or acceptance.

Get over yourselves, some of you...........you were less well informed, up to speed with the case and erudite once......

( Surely?? )
Signed back in to reply while the bed warms up.

Jenns, when I asked that question I stated it wasn't loaded. The replies as to why they made their first post were the same as mine, to post to Tony Bennett. The reasons why they viewed beforehand rather than posting astounded me.
I read here but was posting elsewhere, but I liked it, stayed and stopped posting eleswhere immediately.

I am not one who contributes in a big way, I have no idea of deciphering phone records or anything like that. I was also trying to say the opposite of waiting for a pat on the head.

Make your posts, ignore if you get a kicking and keep going. We have some great fresh views and frankly Jenns, I don't look at postcount. I don't even know what my own is. I couldn't care less. In fact I'd be happy to see no number against anyone's names, scrap the join date too, maybe that would make things more equal.
Bed warm and waiting to be occupied.

Spaniel

Posts : 743
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-01-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Disinformation - the 25 Rules of

Post by Inspectorfrost on 17.02.13 23:52

Well said spaniel

i got a bit of flack on here, people calling me a mccann apologist just because i questioned some things being said

It was ridiculous because I am anythingbut, but I understand a lot of trolls have been in and out here so its easy to understand some posters cynicism at any remark that gets even close to saying anything positive around the mccanns or questioning some of the more bizarre posts, thats all
Oh well no big deal most of the time, got thick skinbut somehavent

Inspectorfrost

Posts : 841
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Disinformation - the 25 Rules of

Post by Jenns on 18.02.13 13:24

@Spaniel wrote:
@Jenns wrote:
@Spaniel wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:
Jean wrote:It's not the hit and run posters who are the worst problem, it's the time wasters who would argue with a signpost and then, when the plug is pulled on them, they go elsewhere to whine about being deprived of their free speech!
***
Yeah, I've meanwhile seen some of them ... v.v.
I would suggest less moaning about members and more discussion about the case. Some have fallen by the wayside and I hope they return, but we have some new posters who are contributing a great deal.

Joining anywhere, whether it be an office or forum is like putting a new horse into a field of established others. They get kicked and bitten until accepted. Even then they get the occasional kick when stepping out of line. The newcomer then retreats to a corner of the field and edges his way back.
I hope all those who have stopped posting accept my analogy and come back too.
The best way to introduce a horse into the scenario above is to keep it in a field adjoining the others for a while. The equivalent of the introduce yourself page.

All animals, including us act the same.

Top dog, pecking order, leader of the pack and so on.

I've been guilty of it too, but some have seemlessly overcome the poor welcome and integrated here, whilst others haven't.

I can only hope they come back with a post and try us out again.


All sounds very tribal "spaniel" but you are unfortunately probably right.

(" Less moaning about members", though?........Hang on a minute.....weren`t you the poster on another thread asking new members to come on and explain to "us" why some people register but don`t post.............or a similar question? )

Well........it occured to me as a new member to ask you then to simply accept people and their posting habits as they are.......

Us and Them and your stable bitings and pecking orders reminded me of the old AOL boards where we had to negotiate the "Respected and Selecteds"........waiting for a pat on the head or a round of applause to indicate approval or acceptance.

Get over yourselves, some of you...........you were less well informed, up to speed with the case and erudite once......

( Surely?? )
Signed back in to reply while the bed warms up.

Jenns, when I asked that question I stated it wasn't loaded. The replies as to why they made their first post were the same as mine, to post to Tony Bennett. The reasons why they viewed beforehand rather than posting astounded me.
I read here but was posting elsewhere, but I liked it, stayed and stopped posting eleswhere immediately.

I am not one who contributes in a big way, I have no idea of deciphering phone records or anything like that. I was also trying to say the opposite of waiting for a pat on the head.

Make your posts, ignore if you get a kicking and keep going. We have some great fresh views and frankly Jenns, I don't look at postcount. I don't even know what my own is. I couldn't care less. In fact I'd be happy to see no number against anyone's names, scrap the join date too, maybe that would make things more equal.
Bed warm and waiting to be occupied.

Fair enough, Spaniel. I understand and appreciate your response...........

Apologies if I misunderstood you or anyone else.

Jenns

Posts : 32
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-11-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum