The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Gerry McCann speech , Hacked Off conference February 11th 2013

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Gerry McCann speech , Hacked Off conference February 11th 2013

Post by tigger on 12.02.13 7:57


http://uk.news.yahoo.com/madeleine-mccanns-father-calls-press-law-204711327.html#GRhrdUf


I've just gone through all 120 comments, there are about 6 - all red arrowed who are pro - but three of those are pro Leveson, one of those thinks that G shouldn't suffer anymore and two of them hope the little girl will be found.

They're worth a read.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann speech , Hacked Off conference February 11th 2013

Post by pennylane on 12.02.13 8:44

They hope all their breast beating and macho posturing gives them an appearance of 'innocence.' The police files and the blood and cadaver dog alerts point otherwise and are all readily available on the Internet. Just imagine their gall at knowing many of their peers are privy to the fact that a fellow doctor believes one of the tapasniks is a pedophile. You can't pink spin or sugar coat that bombshell.... no way. The genie is out of the bottle no matter how many times they try to re-cork it, hence the need to keep up the facade. Besides, Gerry has big dreams and ambitions, and he isn't about to let a missing child and an absurdly dire version of events stand in his way.

imo


pennylane

Posts : 2529
Reputation : 1190
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann speech , Hacked Off conference February 11th 2013

Post by wilbeth on 12.02.13 8:59

Mmm. Whose number did they have on speed dial, when their daughter went "missing"? Sky news was it not?

wilbeth

Posts : 21
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann speech , Hacked Off conference February 11th 2013

Post by aiyoyo on 12.02.13 9:07

candyfloss wrote:
We were labelled as murderers without a shred of evidence.




I can't ever remember any paper or media accusing them of murder, can anyone else? Some papers repeated the PJ papers where they said Madeleine had died accidentally, but murder??

Just to add to my earlier post.

Neither was there a shred of evidence to support their abduction theory. So that's OK then just because he says so, and people are supposed to take his words as gospel. He's such a arrogant twat. And he wonders why people do not believe him!

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 319
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann speech , Hacked Off conference February 11th 2013

Post by cass7 on 12.02.13 9:37

i want i want i want --- i would be giving them just what they want -- no more sightings -- no more me me we have a new book out soon -- print facts -- they need shutting up -- go away -- no more press on egg man -- no more hewlett press -- no more little innocent girls around the world giving dna -- nothing just fact -- give them what they want -- like a kid in a sweet shop asking for sweets you know they wont eat -- give them those sweets and make them eat em -- not that i would -- meaning be careful what you ask for -- you might get what you want and not like what you get

cass7

Posts : 137
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-01-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann speech , Hacked Off conference February 11th 2013

Post by Ribisl on 12.02.13 9:51

The issue is closely linked to the proposed amendment to the Defamation Bill proposed by Lord Puttnam, supported by the LibDem and Labour and adopted by the Lords.
The Bill, a government measure with all-party support, clarifies the law relating to libel, updates it for the digital age, stops libel tourism, helps to sharpen up for journalists the “public interest” defence, and (if the post-Leveson settlement were to establish a machinery of non-statutory arbitration for the newspaper industry) could put cheap arbitration within ordinary citizens’ reach.

Peers have just voted for a poisonous measure that will threaten crippling financial penalties on any publisher who (a) doesn’t agree to use a state-backed arbitration service to settle a libel claim; or (b) doesn’t submit what they plan to publish to a state-backed regulator for clearance (the amendment coyly calls this “pre-submission”) before publication.

Why poisonous? Imagine that you are a newspaper editor. A reporter has written a piece someone might object to as defamatory. This clause puts you at great risk unless you get the regulator’s approval before publishing. Of course the regulator would often want you to discuss your planned report with those whose reputations it might touch. There would ensue endless to-ing and fro-ing by lawyers on all sides and injunctions and threats of injunctions, in which your ownership of the story, any element of surprise and weeks or months would be lost. Super-injunctions by the rich and powerful can already stop public- interest investigative journalism in its tracks, costing a paper up to £100,000 a day in court to try to overturn.

As amended, new clause 2 would knock sideways the very real chance of the Government, the Opposition and the press reaching an agreed settlement on Leveson, as they are close to doing — and the proposers of the amendment know it. This is a sneak attack, a rearguard action by those who still want to see statutory control of the press. It is designed to pre-empt the conclusions of the all-party talks.

How would it do so? The amendment creates in law exactly the statutory body that the Hacked Off campaign looks like being denied in the agreement that appears close. But the statutory body will not operate (and this is the sneaky bit) in quite the field covered by the Leveson report. Leveson did not deal with libel reform, which was proceeding in parallel with his inquiry. It is in the libel reforms that Lord Puttnam has placed his virus. His “defamation recognition commission”, a state body, will establish and oversee the “independent regulatory board” that must in turn set up the “arbitration service” that in turn will police and adjudicate libel claims.

But of course this kicks the legs from under the consensus that inter-party talks were reaching on what to do with the rest of press regulation after Leveson: a consensus that apparently leaves the State out of regulation and may recommend machinery established under royal charter — machinery that could have been used in libel claims, too, to provide affordable arbitration in these claims.

It would be mad to run two press arbitration services, one statutory and the other not, side by side. So if Lord Puttnam’s amendment to the Defamation Bill is not removed, the Government will either have to kill that Bill or scuttle the emerging inter-party agreement on Leveson and agree to statutory press regulation.

Quoted in part from
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/opinion/columnists/matthewparris/article3682899.ece

____________________
There is a taint of death, a flavour of mortality in lies... Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad

Ribisl

Posts : 807
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann speech , Hacked Off conference February 11th 2013

Post by Mirage on 12.02.13 11:03

aiyoyo quote - "The one possible explanation as to why they continue these ingrateful actions against the UK government that had helped them tremendously may be because they find themselves still shun by their friends and society. Maybe Gerry finds colleagues still giving him the funny eyes and whispering behind his back."

I think you hit the nail on the head, aiyoyo. Their reputational damage is immense and that will affect every aspect of their lives.

Their relationships vis-à-vis their own family will be altered. The pair will be increasingly wary of questions asked by the twins as they get older.

Simple everyday things where social interaction is routine to the rest of us will be plagued by anxieties about why someone was abrupt - didn't give good eye-contact while serving you in a shop - seemed in a hurry to get away - forgot to tell you about a social event - crossed the road quickly - didn't stop for a chat - seemed to blank you.

The professional side of life will be very adversely affected. The Gaspar statements will have driven a wedge between them and many professionals. They will be acutely aware of polite distancing. Supper party invitations may well have dwindled. Also, the doubts engendered by two doctors' statements will be very high, particularly amongst those with young children. After all, if you stop to consider it, how many times has it been said that the medical profession closes ranks - this only highlights the seriousness with which those statements must be viewed. They cannot have been given lightly.

There is also a sense in which the McCann name taints anything associated with it. For my own part, I get a sickly feeling broaching the subject with the uninitiated. It's a strange sensation - as if you are scratching the surface of something very, very bad that most people (I cannot blame them) would prefer not to look at. Some shoot you that distancing look that the McCanns must experience every day.

I wrote to the McCanns in the early days when I felt very sorry for them. I recall distinctly telling them that whoever had done this would not be able to bear it on their conscience for ever and it would destroy them.

Mirage

Posts : 1711
Reputation : 460
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann speech , Hacked Off conference February 11th 2013

Post by guest. on 12.02.13 11:20

Even the Tapas 7 seem to have distanced themselves


guest.

Posts : 322
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-08-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann speech , Hacked Off conference February 11th 2013

Post by DIBarlow on 12.02.13 11:31

@pennylane wrote:They hope all their breast beating and macho posturing gives them an appearance of 'innocence.' The police files and the blood and cadaver dog alerts point otherwise and are all readily available on the Internet. Just imagine their gall at knowing many of their peers are privy to the fact that a fellow doctor believes one of the tapasniks is a pedophile. You can't pink spin or sugar coat that bombshell.... no way. The genie is out of the bottle no matter how many times they try to re-cork it, hence the need to keep up the facade. Besides, Gerry has big dreams and ambitions, and he isn't about to let a missing child and an absurdly dire version of events stand in his way.

imo

It's a giveaway isn't it?

In the absence of any corroborated evidence of an abduction whatsoever, and this in some 6 years of attempted manipulation/distortion of the evidence pointing to their involvement, they really have nothing to offer but hollow words.

Hollow because the facts of the issue tell a different story to theirs (of which they made several revisions of course).

Hollow because their very own spokesman stated that they were not victims of phone hacking and yet they've 'attached' themselves to an organisation called 'Hacked Off'.

Hollow because the UK media has distorted the true percentage allegedly 'agreeing with' their demands for press regulation by conveniently overlooking that the whole country was not polled.

Hollow because they attempt to champion the cause of Leveson, whose performance frankly makes Toad's mate Mole look positively dynamic.

Hollow because they themselves failed to search for their daughter in 2007 and any time since.

Hollow because they continue to blame everyone but themselves for what happened to their daughter.

This nauseating narcissistic couple certainly leave me with a hollow feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Poor Maddie.

DIBarlow

Posts : 95
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-10-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann speech , Hacked Off conference February 11th 2013

Post by tiny on 12.02.13 11:41

sally66 wrote:Even the Tapas 7 seem to have distanced themselves

I thought gerry was the spokesman for the tapas7,but why they have to hide behind him is any ones guess,although it could be that gerry does not want them contradicting him on any of the points of this so called abduction.

tiny

Posts : 2274
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann speech , Hacked Off conference February 11th 2013

Post by guest. on 12.02.13 11:58

@tiny wrote:
sally66 wrote:Even the Tapas 7 seem to have distanced themselves

I thought gerry was the spokesman for the tapas7,but why they have to hide behind him is any ones guess,although it could be that gerry does not want them contradicting him on any of the points of this so called abduction.

Exactly if they had nothing to hide and the Tapas 7 were fully behind them and believed in their innocence I'm sure GM would have allowed one of them to do an interview stating as such. The McCanns have had plenty to say themselves but far too risky to allow the others to speak.

I just remember when they came back for the Murat confrontation they flew in and out with undue haste, you would have thought they would have stayed a few days to support their friends in their hour of need especially as you were with them when it happened. Work commitments won't wash as an excuse either, at that point no employer would have refused them time off to support the McCanns.

guest.

Posts : 322
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-08-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann speech , Hacked Off conference February 11th 2013

Post by Mirage on 12.02.13 12:57

sally66 wrote:
@tiny wrote:
sally66 wrote:Even the Tapas 7 seem to have distanced themselves

I thought gerry was the spokesman for the tapas7,but why they have to hide behind him is any ones guess,although it could be that gerry does not want them contradicting him on any of the points of this so called abduction.

Exactly if they had nothing to hide and the Tapas 7 were fully behind them and believed in their innocence I'm sure GM would have allowed one of them to do an interview stating as such. The McCanns have had plenty to say themselves but far too risky to allow the others to speak.

I just remember when they came back for the Murat confrontation they flew in and out with undue haste, you would have thought they would have stayed a few days to support their friends in their hour of need especially as you were with them when it happened. Work commitments won't wash as an excuse either, at that point no employer would have refused them time off to support the McCanns.

The pressure must be immense by now. Yet Gerald McCann seems so in denial, it's off the scale. I think Kate McCann is the weak link as far as the pair of them are concerned.

But time marches on, nothing stays the same. Old allegiances fall away when skin-saving time arrives.

Jane Tanner is the one amongst the Tapas 7 who interests me the most. It is so blatantly obvious that she lied and lied. She knows the "$** is poised to hit the proverbial. I wonder what contingency plans she is making to extricate herself from the dung heap?

Mirage

Posts : 1711
Reputation : 460
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann speech , Hacked Off conference February 11th 2013

Post by guest. on 12.02.13 13:16

@Mirage wrote:
sally66 wrote:
@tiny wrote:
sally66 wrote:Even the Tapas 7 seem to have distanced themselves

I thought gerry was the spokesman for the tapas7,but why they have to hide behind him is any ones guess,although it could be that gerry does not want them contradicting him on any of the points of this so called abduction.

Exactly if they had nothing to hide and the Tapas 7 were fully behind them and believed in their innocence I'm sure GM would have allowed one of them to do an interview stating as such. The McCanns have had plenty to say themselves but far too risky to allow the others to speak.

I just remember when they came back for the Murat confrontation they flew in and out with undue haste, you would have thought they would have stayed a few days to support their friends in their hour of need especially as you were with them when it happened. Work commitments won't wash as an excuse either, at that point no employer would have refused them time off to support the McCanns.

The pressure must be immense by now. Yet Gerald McCann seems so in denial, it's off the scale. I think Kate McCann is the weak link as far as the pair of them are concerned.

But time marches on, nothing stays the same. Old allegiances fall away when skin-saving time arrives.

Jane Tanner is the one amongst the Tapas 7 who interests me the most. It is so blatantly obvious that she lied and lied. She knows the "$** is poised to hit the proverbial. I wonder what contingency plans she is making to extricate herself from the dung heap?

JT & ROB intrigue me too as IMO they are integral to the cover up and they must know the McCanns will take them down with them. The fact that they haven't cracked by now and cut a deal says a lot about how deep their involvement is IMO

For some reason I imagine the McCanns and the Tapas 7 have been playing a mental game of chess over the last few years with each other.

guest.

Posts : 322
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-08-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann speech , Hacked Off conference February 11th 2013

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 12.02.13 16:50

@Mirage wrote:aiyoyo quote - "The one possible explanation as to why they continue these ingrateful actions against the UK government that had helped them tremendously may be because they find themselves still shun by their friends and society. Maybe Gerry finds colleagues still giving him the funny eyes and whispering behind his back."

I think you hit the nail on the head, aiyoyo. Their reputational damage is immense and that will affect every aspect of their lives.

Their relationships vis-à-vis their own family will be altered. The pair will be increasingly wary of questions asked by the twins as they get older.

Simple everyday things where social interaction is routine to the rest of us will be plagued by anxieties about why someone was abrupt - didn't give good eye-contact while serving you in a shop - seemed in a hurry to get away - forgot to tell you about a social event - crossed the road quickly - didn't stop for a chat - seemed to blank you.

The professional side of life will be very adversely affected. The Gaspar statements will have driven a wedge between them and many professionals. They will be acutely aware of polite distancing. Supper party invitations may well have dwindled. Also, the doubts engendered by two doctors' statements will be very high, particularly amongst those with young children. After all, if you stop to consider it, how many times has it been said that the medical profession closes ranks - this only highlights the seriousness with which those statements must be viewed. They cannot have been given lightly.

There is also a sense in which the McCann name taints anything associated with it. For my own part, I get a sickly feeling broaching the subject with the uninitiated. It's a strange sensation - as if you are scratching the surface of something very, very bad that most people (I cannot blame them) would prefer not to look at. Some shoot you that distancing look that the McCanns must experience every day.

I wrote to the McCanns in the early days when I felt very sorry for them. I recall distinctly telling them that whoever had done this would not be able to bear it on their conscience for ever and it would destroy them.

This is very interesting. You're quite right, can you imagine going to the shops, (they probably do most of it online), going to fill the car with petrol, school pick-up, even some of Gerry's patients must be non-believers, I wonder how many have asked for a different consultant?

By trying to get into Leveson, giving speeches and all the rest of it might be a way of "elevating" themselves from normal everyday life.

Whether these two ever get banged to rights or not, their lives must be awful.

And regards to their families, they also lost Madeleine. A couple of early interviews with Kate's mother indicated that she was not best pleased with her daughter, if I recall she said something similar to: "I wanted to shake her (Kate) and say what were you thinking!" . It must be hard for them to face their parents knowing that they have lost them a grand-daughter, and even if the family believe their version, they cannot deny that Madeleine was not looked after as she should have been on 3rd May 2007.

____________________
The truth will out.

Smokeandmirrors
Moderator

Posts : 2428
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-07-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum