The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

murat - What Inspector Varanda thought about Robert Murat - Page 2 Mm11

murat - What Inspector Varanda thought about Robert Murat - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

murat - What Inspector Varanda thought about Robert Murat - Page 2 Mm11

murat - What Inspector Varanda thought about Robert Murat - Page 2 Regist10

What Inspector Varanda thought about Robert Murat

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

murat - What Inspector Varanda thought about Robert Murat - Page 2 Empty Re: What Inspector Varanda thought about Robert Murat

Post by Tony Bennett 28.12.09 0:25

Molly wrote:According to her Rogatory interview Jane didn't identify him as the man she saw on that night. There's at least one more witness who's said she's seen him on that night.
That Rogatory was in April 2008.

Tanner identified Murat - as the abductor she had seen - from the police van with the darkened windows. It was 'the way he walked', she said. (Murat must have walked 'purposely' ,then, much as I do when I set off from home at 5.25pm with a letter to post and have to catch the 5.30pm collection).

As a direct result of Jane Tanner's identification, Murat was arrested. She stuck to her story even after the artist's sketch of 'bundleman' came out in October 2007.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

murat - What Inspector Varanda thought about Robert Murat - Page 2 Empty Re: What Inspector Varanda thought about Robert Murat

Post by Tony Bennett 28.12.09 0:26

Raffle wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
DCB1 wrote:Don't forget his mum setting up a stall to collect information.
Indeed not, DCB1, and a very interesting element of the whole story, if I may say so.

Strange, wasn't it, how Murat and his Mum both remember hearing police sirens at around 10.30pm but were about the only people in Praia da Luz not searching for Madeleine in those early hours?

And just what was it that made him 'phone Michaela Walczuk at 11.47pm that evening and his mate Sergei Malinka, who for some reason destroyed his hard drive before the police could examine it, just one minute later?

And, oh, lest we forget, this was another detail that Murat 'forgot' to tell the police about.

Until the police got hold of his 'phone and showed him the records.

Funny how he just couldn't remember making those calls and what he 'phoned them about.

Peculiar if you ask me.

If not suspicious.
So why no leaflet on him? Honest question.
Be patient.

You won't have to wait long.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by DCB1 28.12.09 0:26

Tony Bennett wrote:
DCB1 wrote:Do the parts of your OP that you underlined remind you of any other case TB?
Not really, but now that I've looked at the OP again, there are some parallels with Ian Huntley. As indeed Clarence Mitchell was very quick to point out to the world's media.

No doubt because it suited the McCann camp at the time, just as it suited Jane Tanner to identify glasses-wearing Murat as the abductor she'd seen a few days before, and just as it suited three of the 'Tapas 9' to swear blind that they'd seen Murat hanging round the apartments on the night of 3 May.

But their tune soon changed after Brian Kennedy and his in-house lawyer Edward Smethurst had a cosy fireside chat with Robert Murat and his Mum on 13 November.

I wonder what was discussed?

A possible libel award of six hundred grand, perhaps?

Yes there is an apparent similarity with the Huntley case, as CM pointed out that journalists had picked up on.

I can't comment on the other parts of your reply.
DCB1

Activity : 365

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.12.09 0:31

"Strange, wasn't it, how Murat and his Mum both remember hearing police sirens at around 10.30pm but were about the only people in Praia da Luz not searching for Madeleine in those early hours?"

The maintenance man didn't go searching either. But there's something else that's peculiar.
Murat/his mum have dogs. Before the police arrived people were searching, calling Madeleine's name. Surely the dogs should have barked as people were roaming around? So did they bark and why didn't they go outside to have a look or call the police? They should have known about the burglaries, the dogs could have been alerting to a burglar.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie 28.12.09 0:37

I don't know Molly, where I work almost everyone I know within a mile radius has been burgled recently. I take all my dogs to work with me as sometimes I can't get home. I can't say they bark at every noise. Were there lots of burglaries that week in PDL?
littlepixie
littlepixie

Activity : 1392

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.12.09 23:22

Just a question then Tony, why have you not attacked Murat or produced a leaflet about him like you have Kate and Gerry ?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby 30.12.09 3:58

see reply to raffle, posted above
Ruby
Ruby

Activity : 704

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.12.09 19:02

Crap because Bennett has not got the bottle or the money to do it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aliberte2 04.01.10 2:10

Raffle wrote:
So why no leaflet on him? Honest question.

No Connection to the Perpertrators, the McCanns.
aliberte2

Activity : 366

Back to top Go down

Post by aliberte2 04.01.10 2:10

Tony Bennett wrote:
Be patient.

Is there a Connection to Murat and the Perps, the McCanns?
aliberte2

Activity : 366

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 04.01.10 11:03

aliberte2 wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
Be patient.

Yes, via the financial backer, BK the middleman.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Perelli 04.01.10 11:10

aiyoyo wrote:
aliberte2 wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
Be patient.

So this leaflet about Murat will then include libellous remarks about Kennedy AGAIN? Great idea! thumbsup
Perelli

Activity : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.01.10 14:44

Perelli wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:
aliberte2 wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
Be patient.

So this leaflet about Murat will then include libellous remarks about Kennedy AGAIN? Great idea! thumbsup

Ah, BK is Kennedy? Why not say so, in stead of using initials?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.01.10 15:38

I can't wait for these leaflets ! :ambersuz:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon 08.07.13 12:58

I've dragged up this old topic as I'd like to know what members think about a statement in the PJ files concerning Michaela Walczuch, girlfiend of Murat.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MICHAELA_WALCZUCH.htm

You need to scroll right to the bottom of the page to find it so I'll copy and paste:

3. IDENTIFICATION OF MURAT'S GIRLFRIEND AND MOVING OF A CHILD'S BODY TO A HIDDEN AREA

Manuel informs us that the day after Madeleine's disappearance at about 4 or 5 pm when he was travelling on the ICI road at kilometre 718, he saw two stationary cars, an Audi A3 driven by a man and a green car (very special green colour) driven by a blonde woman. Subsequently we showed him a series of photographs that were in our possession amongst which the one with the closes resemblance was that of a woman who turns out to be Murat's girlfriend, Michaela Walczuch.

The cars were stationary; the green one was inside a farm where two elderly men live and separated by a metal fence and on the pavement of the road was the Audi. When Manuel drove past in his lorry he saw how the woman passed a bundle wrapped in a blanket over the fence, being convinced that this was a child. (Because of the way she was holding it and because it was wrapped in the blanket).

It should be noted that Manuel's manifestations seem reliable to us, in part because of the fear that he showed before and during our meeting as well as due to the successive contacts that we have had with him and the interest that he has always shown.

Manuel preferred to remain anonymous given that he was very frightened and did not want to give us his surnames. He drives a grey Renault Laguna, number plate 53 92 RF. In order for us to contact him he provided the email address of a relative:

This message is confidential and the information must not be used, disclosed, or copied to any other person who is not entitled to receive it. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender and then delete it.
whmon
whmon

Activity : 545

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 08.07.13 14:15

This was done before, on another thread. The car and occupants were traced interviewed and eliminated. TIEd.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 16.07.13 9:54

Tony Bennett wrote:This report by Inspector Varanda on Robert Murat, dated 11 May 2007, is reproduced here courtesy of the Pamalam site:

Service Information document dated 11 May 2007 from Inspector Pedro Varanda relating to an informal conversation with Robert Murat

As you will know, Sir, on this day at 11h30, there appeared before the undersigned and (lady) Inspector Patricia Duarte, a British citizen called Diane Webster, holder of UK passport XXXXXXX, in order to hear her witness statement.

In the course of an informal approach that preceeded that work, it was determined that she was not conversant in Portuguese, written or spoken, and the service of an English-speaking interpreter was therefore called for.

In this function appeared a British citizen, Robert J.Q.E. Murat (duly identified in the files from previous work), official resident of Casa Liliana, Rua Ramalhete, Praia da Luz, Lagos.

The work [the DW interview] being concluded, and during an informal conversation that the undersigned began with that interpreter (as would be characteristic in this type of situation), Robert Murat displayed an unusual curiosity about the investigation that was developing around the disappearance of the minor Madeleine McCann that occurred on 3 May 2007.

As an example, it will be proper to point out that he has insistently and repeatedly questioned me about the identity of possible suspects, about the strategy outlined by the lead coordinator of the investigation and the work that might possibly have been considered for the coming days.

Faced with such an attitude, that was so unusual and absolutely inappropriate that I immediately became highly suspicious, I always ducked the questions, insistently requesting that person to be aware of the contractual duties pertaining to the role which he has assumed in this investigation, pointing out that it was presently the inquiry phase, and, naturally, covered by judicial secrecy.

It behoves me further to state that that suspicion became even more consolidated, following the fact that I became aware that Robert Murat would covertly attempt to catch glimpses of various procedural pieces i.e. items being prepared for the case file,  that make up the present inquiry, to the point that I followed my own hunch, in order to conduct the Diane Webster interview.

Finally, and in the sense of reiterating the suspicious attitude shown by Robert Murat, I venture still to state that, beyond having manifested an enormous knowledge about the dynamics inherent in the functioning of the "Ocean Club Garden", in which the events under investigation had taken place, and of the routines followed by the McCann family and their companions during their respective stays in in Praia da Luz, he has tried persistently to influence the conduct of the present investigation, suggesting various analyses the agreement with which [i.e. had we agreed to follow those suggested lines of inquiry] could be intended to impute the perpetration of the present illegal act against the missing child to foreign third parties [i.e. to put the blame on, or to attribute the blame to, outside foreigners].

The above being laid bare - and without intending to place any competence on the above individual, nor the slightest imputation regarding my suspicions about what he actually intended to do - I have to bring the above incidents to your attention, in order for you to determine what may be appropriate.

11 May 2007
Inspector Pedro Varanda

++++++  ENDS ++++++

I'm beginning to think that the reason Murat came over so hurriedly from the UK is because first and foremost his translation skills were needed and he could get inside information on the way the PJ were developing the case.
I don't think that he ever thought  he'd be the patsy,  all the witnesses had to be produced in a hurry to back up JT. The UK Ambassador was instructed NOT to help him once he was made arguido, an instruction which goes against the very reason for having a consular service at all. I believe it came out via a Wikileak.
If he'd been 'taken on'  as the patsy, JT's description would have been more helpful right from the start. No - as was pointed out by Roy Rogers and Monty Heck in another topic, it was a 'rolling' scenario, capable of change as and how the circumstances required.
Murat was pointed out by MI5 who told the PJ that he was a prime suspect and they should do something about it. From their point of view it would help to put a lid on the whole affair which by that time was spinning out of control.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top