The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

ALERT!  Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report - Page 4 Mm11

ALERT!  Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report - Page 4 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

ALERT!  Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report - Page 4 Mm11

ALERT!  Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report - Page 4 Regist10

ALERT! Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ALERT!  Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report - Page 4 Empty Re: ALERT! Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report

Post by Guest 30.11.12 15:26

Ah, here's the petition

http://hackinginquiry.org/petition/

9800 signatures so far.

98,000 if GM wasn't doing their publicity ALERT!  Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report - Page 4 742129
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

ALERT!  Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report - Page 4 Empty Re: ALERT! Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report

Post by russiandoll 30.11.12 15:29

It is worth noting that despite the Leveson report ref to Maddie's vanishing as an abduction [the report also stated that from where the parents were dining the apartment was visible, literally true if you count the top 1/10th]..
the BBC is referring to a disappearance.
The headlines at the time were what I would expect after an arrest, charges and a conviction. No quotes used to show that these were the conclusions of the PJ, they were stated as a fact. Tabloids after sensational headlines and sales as usual.

I do not feel sorry for the McCanns. I feel sad more than angry at the moment at the depths some people will sink to out of self- interest. Moral cowardice in the extreme.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 30.11.12 15:31

tcat wrote:Are you a Hugh Grant fan, newintown?

Looks like he was with GM and Jeffries as well.

http://news.sky.com/story/1018659/leveson-victims-petition-for-new-press-law

Oh, Hugh.

No, I can't stand the boring, publicity seeking, idiot. Another one who uses the media when it suits him, then gets irritated and feigns disgust when things don't go his way. I must have been the only person who avoided watching "Notting Hill" until about 10 years after it was made, then only watched it as there was nothing else on the TV at that moment, I can't say I missed much.

I wonder if GM got his autograph? ALERT!  Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report - Page 4 742129

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 30.11.12 15:41

Gerry's re-emergence into the limelight is no coincidence IMO. This Leveson report couldn't have come at a better time for him. It is my opinion that he's making as much noise as possible now to caution the press about reporting the forthcoming court cases against TB and Amaral. How someone like him can complain about the press given that they actively helped promote his propaganda (cf. David James Smith in the Times) is a mystery. Surely, his gripe against the Express Group does not encompass them all? I'm watching this development with interest. I think it's only a matter of time before one of the papers turn against them and turn in a big way.
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 30.11.12 15:50

ShuBob wrote:Gerry's re-emergence into the limelight is no coincidence IMO. This Leveson report couldn't have come at a better time for him. It is my opinion that he's making as much noise as possible now to caution the press about reporting the forthcoming court cases against TB and Amaral.

Yes, but what if they're printing the truth of what comes out in the court cases, would GM have any influence in what gets printed. After all the McCanns brought the trials on, not TB or Amaral. If it was the other way around I could understand that, but it's the McCanns that have put themselves in the limelight with these court cases. The only other way they would stop anything is to put an injunction on the newspapers to stop anything coming out.

ETA: Shubob, I was typing my message whilst you were editing yours.

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 30.11.12 16:03

Newintown wrote:
ShuBob wrote:Gerry's re-emergence into the limelight is no coincidence IMO. This Leveson report couldn't have come at a better time for him. It is my opinion that he's making as much noise as possible now to caution the press about reporting the forthcoming court cases against TB and Amaral.

Yes, but what if they're printing the truth of what comes out in the court cases, would GM have any influence in what gets printed. After all the McCanns brought the trials on, not TB or Amaral. It it was the other way around I could understand that, but it's the McCanns that have put themselves in the limelight with these court cases. The only other way they would stop anything is to put an injunction on the newspapers to stop anything coming out.

That precisely is the problem- the TRUTH being printed!
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 30.11.12 16:07

ShuBob wrote:
Newintown wrote:

Yes, but what if they're printing the truth of what comes out in the court cases, would GM have any influence in what gets printed. After all the McCanns brought the trials on, not TB or Amaral. It it was the other way around I could understand that, but it's the McCanns that have put themselves in the limelight with these court cases. The only other way they would stop anything is to put an injunction on the newspapers to stop anything coming out.

Sorry Shubob, I don't quite understand what you mean by that. Are you referring to what the McCanns say, I was really referring to Amaral and what was stated in the PJ files. I'm not sure about TB's case, that's a difficult one.

I'm a bit thick at times so you'll have to enlighten me. ALERT!  Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report - Page 4 110921

ETA: I think the penny's just dropped! You mean that the press won't print the truth to appease the McCanns, although why they can't is beyond me. Or are you referring to the McCanns iffy statements. Anyway, either way we'll have to wait and see.

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 30.11.12 16:11

Lady-Heather wrote:From the Independent:

Gerry McCann: "Thankfully, for us, I would say the vast majority of the British public did not believe what was written. It doesn't mean it wasn't damaging and could have destroyed our life. And if you go on to the internet there is still a tremendous amount of vile (sic) written about us that was fuelled by those stories. We have to face that going forwards on a daily basis and our twins, who are almost eight, will have to deal with that, particularly as they start to access the internet and Google themselves and their parents and Madeleine".

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/do-the-right-thing-madeleine-mccanns-father-urges-pm-to-act-8371404.html

Does that mean us Gerry? Actually I think you will find that our discussions are based on facts (the files, damn those files!) and reports from officers (GA) who worked on the case first-hand. Personally I don't form opinions based on what I read in the press. Thankfully for you though I may be in the minority (for now).

He is deluded if he genuinely believes that (I suspect he doesn't). He should go on Twitter (ignoring the usual suspects on the McCann hashtag) and see what people are saying about him and his wife. Not all the negative stuff written about them were lies.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 30.11.12 16:16

Newintown wrote:
ShuBob wrote:
Newintown wrote:

Sorry Shubob, I don't quite understand what you mean by that. Are you referring to what the McCanns say, I was really referring to Amaral and what was stated in the PJ files. I'm not sure about TB's case, that's a difficult one.

I'm a bit thick at times so you'll have to enlighten me. ALERT!  Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report - Page 4 110921

Lol ALERT!  Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report - Page 4 110921

I think we're singing from the same hymn sheet. It's the truth the McCanns fear more than anything. The lies they can easily dismiss and it helps them paint a negative image of the press. The truth is contained the PJ files and this is what TB and Amaral rely upon in their court arguments. The printing of these- as we saw during the book-banning hearing- was seriously damaging for the McCanns. I believe Gerry is making a lot of noise now to stop the press from reporting the cases altogether.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.11.12 16:18

Newintown wrote:

Oh, Hugh.

No, I can't stand the boring, publicity seeking, idiot. Another one who uses the media when it suits him, then gets irritated and feigns disgust when things don't go his way. I must have been the only person who avoided watching "Notting Hill" until about 10 years after it was made, then only watched it as there was nothing else on the TV at that moment, I can't say I missed much.

I wonder if GM got his autograph? ALERT!  Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report - Page 4 742129
Hugh signed it "to a better actor than me" ALERT!  Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report - Page 4 110921
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Cat 30.11.12 16:24

So McCann's are campaigning for a system of press regulation which is very unpolpular with the Mail and Murdoch. Even though they have Murdoch's rags to thank for serialising the book, publishing the letter to Cameron, printing the garbage about George Harrison Monster Man and trashing the PJ!

Meanwhile RB and AC are charged with criminal offences. Are they still "all in it together"?
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 821

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 30.11.12 16:27

Cheshire Cat wrote:So McCann's are campaigning for a system of press regulation which is very unpolpular with the Mail and Murdoch. Even though they have Murdoch's rags to thank for serialising the book, publishing the letter to Cameron, printing the garbage about George Harrison Monster Man and trashing the PJ!

Meanwhile RB and AC are charged with criminal offences. Are they still "all in it together"?

Night of the long knives. Where's the PR bloke in all of this?
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13382

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 30.11.12 16:27

tcat wrote:
Newintown wrote:

Oh, Hugh.

Hugh signed it "to a better actor than me" ALERT!  Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report - Page 4 110921

Ha, ha, that's brilliant.

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 30.11.12 16:35

A man infamous for cruising skanky hookers on Sunset Boulevard, and a man infamous for leaving his three toddlers alone nightly, destroying one in the process, and comparing it with 'being overdrawn on his student loan.'

Erm..... think I'll pass on anything either of these cretins has to say regarding the future of our press and the laws of our land!
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.11.12 16:51

pennylane wrote:A man infamous for cruising skanky hookers on Sunset Boulevard, and a man infamous for leaving his three toddlers alone nightly, destroying one in the process, and comparing it with 'being overdrawn on his student loan.'

Erm..... think I'll pass on anything either of these cretins has to say regarding the future of our press and the laws of our land!
I like Hugh ALERT!  Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report - Page 4 2632266518 And Steve Coogan. I'm in a quandary about the petition. I think I'm going to sign it (not for GM though!)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 30.11.12 17:06

tcat wrote:
Hugh signed it "to a better actor than me"
The McCanns would use that illiteracy.
Hugh would say "to a better actor than I."
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16602

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 30.11.12 17:08

tcat wrote:
pennylane wrote:A man infamous for cruising skanky hookers on Sunset Boulevard, and a man infamous for leaving his three toddlers alone nightly, destroying one in the process, and comparing it with 'being overdrawn on his student loan.'

I like Hugh ALERT!  Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report - Page 4 2632266518 And Steve Coogan. I'm in a quandary about the petition. I think I'm going to sign it (not for GM though!)

Each to their own, tcat ALERT!  Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report - Page 4 742129
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 30.11.12 17:14

pennylane wrote:
tcat wrote:

Each to their own, tcat ALERT!  Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report - Page 4 742129

Hugh is eye candy, I have to admit, but his morals and his love of himself, shown through his publicity seeking whenever one of his films is about to be released, are something else. As for Steve Coogan, I won't comment. Eeeeeek!

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.11.12 17:17

PeterMac wrote:
tcat wrote:
Hugh would say "to a better actor than I."
Oops. He is very posh isn't he. But I was all set for marching on Westminster after his Question Time appearance. He's a good guy I think. ALERT!  Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report - Page 4 160807
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.11.12 17:22

pennylane wrote:
tcat wrote:

ALERT!  Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report - Page 4 173510 But you'd rather trust the press barons? Look at the in the video on the hacked off front page

http://hackinginquiry.org/

How can you trust any of that shower to regulate themselves properly unless they're made to?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 30.11.12 17:24

tcat wrote:
PeterMac wrote:
tcat wrote:
Hugh would say "to a better actor that I."
Oops. He is very posh isn't he. But I was all set for marching on Westminster after his Question Time appearance. He's a good guy I think. ALERT!  Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report - Page 4 160807

Aaaah, bless. You follow you're heart tcat, don't let us sceptics put you off.

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.11.12 17:26

Newintown wrote:
tcat wrote:
PeterMac wrote:
tcat wrote:
Hugh would say "to a better actor that I."

Aaaah, bless. You follow you're heart tcat, don't let us sceptics put you off.
Bill Nighy is my favourite. He's brilliant. Bill for PM ALERT!  Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report - Page 4 259100
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 30.11.12 17:33

tcat wrote:
pennylane wrote:
tcat wrote:

ALERT!  Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report - Page 4 173510 But you'd rather trust the press barons? Look at the in the video on the hacked off front page

How can you trust any of that shower to regulate themselves properly unless they're made to?

I think Pennylane was referring to your love of Hugh and Steve ALERT!  Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report - Page 4 110921

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.11.12 17:39

Newintown wrote:
tcat wrote:
pennylane wrote:
tcat wrote:

I think Pennylane was referring to your love of Hugh and Steve ALERT!  Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report - Page 4 110921
Oops. Apologies Pennylane. ALERT!  Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report - Page 4 302873
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 30.11.12 18:25

Matbe some have got wrong idea of my last post,.i do not have pity for the pair we speak of at all, i just feel nitpicking ,never helps the cause of maddie either ,just helps people to get it off their chests i feel ,not too admirable on the whole for the rest of us ,that do not feel its necessary to do that .joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top