The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

ALERT!  Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report - Page 3 Mm11

ALERT!  Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

ALERT!  Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report - Page 3 Mm11

ALERT!  Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report - Page 3 Regist10

ALERT! Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ALERT!  Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report - Page 3 Empty Re: ALERT! Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report

Post by PeterMac 30.11.12 10:07

9 MRS McCANN: I think this same journalist, if memory serves

10 right, also said we stored her body in a freezer.

11 I mean, we just ...

Leveson
Available on this site.
https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t3904-leveson-inquiry-video-transcript
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16602

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

ALERT!  Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report - Page 3 Empty Re: ALERT! Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report

Post by roy rovers 30.11.12 10:38

Still playing along - toughing it out but for how much longer? Did you know that at 38 degrees avalanches suddenly start? An avalanche is about to happen Kate!
roy rovers
roy rovers

Activity : 538

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 30.11.12 10:41

roy rovers wrote:Still playing along - toughing it out but for how much longer? Did you know that at 38 degrees avalanches suddenly start? An avalanche is about to happen Kate!
They start spontaneously at 38 degrees.
They can be set of accidentally or deliberately at a smaller angle by other things.
A marmot burrowing, a skier traversing, or a very small explosive charge.
That, for me, is the more likely scenario.
Something apparently innocuous, which turns out to be explosive.
Even, dare one hope, one of the Tapas 7 growing a conscience.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16602

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.11.12 10:53

Gerry McCann: Leveson report does not go far enough

Lord Justice Leveson's proposals for a new press watchdog do "not go far enough" because it would not hold individual journalists and editors to account, Gerry McCann has said.

More here.........

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/leveson-inquiry/9713527/Gerry-McCann-Leveson-report-does-not-go-far-enough.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.11.12 10:57

McCann's Leveson Response
Gerry McCann urges PM to 'do the right thing'

Last updated Fri 30 Nov 2012

The father of missing Madeleine McCann said legal backing for any new system was the "minimum acceptable compromise for me and for many other victims" and urged the Prime Minister to "do the right thing".
He told the BBC Radio 4 Today programme: "I would have liked to have seen a properly independent regulation of the press, whereas I think he has given the press another opportunity of self-regulation."

It should be made compulsory and measures put in place make journalists more accountable, he said.
ALERT!  Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report - Page 3 Article_14aebd86663bcdb4_1354270616_9j-4aaqskKate and Gerry McCann arrive to give evidence to the Leveson Inquiry last year. Credit: PA
He added: "But I do accept that full implementation of Lord (Justice) Leveson's report is the minimum acceptable compromise for me and I think for many other victims who have suffered at the hands of the press.

"The Prime Minister and our other elected politicians have an opportunity now to do the right thing. And if they do the right thing, for the public, then it will help restore a little confidence.

"I clearly respect his opinion but I personally disagree with the viewpoint and Lord (Justice) Leveson, as a senior law judge of our country, has made clear that what he is proposing is not a state-run press.

"It is a fine distinction but without the statutory underpinning this system will not work."

http://www.itv.com/news/central/update/2012-11-30/gerry-mccann-urges-pm-to-do-the-right-thing/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady-Heather 30.11.12 11:06

From the Independent:

Gerry McCann: "Thankfully, for us, I would say the vast majority of the British public did not believe what was written. It doesn't mean it wasn't damaging and could have destroyed our life. And if you go on to the internet there is still a tremendous amount of vile (sic) written about us that was fuelled by those stories. We have to face that going forwards on a daily basis and our twins, who are almost eight, will have to deal with that, particularly as they start to access the internet and Google themselves and their parents and Madeleine".

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/do-the-right-thing-madeleine-mccanns-father-urges-pm-to-act-8371404.html

Does that mean us Gerry? Actually I think you will find that our discussions are based on facts (the files, damn those files!) and reports from officers (GA) who worked on the case first-hand. Personally I don't form opinions based on what I read in the press. Thankfully for you though I may be in the minority (for now).
Lady-Heather
Lady-Heather

Activity : 138

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 30.11.12 12:06

Articulate as he was, Gerry McCann in that radio interview did not sound as confident, as polished as usual. His voice was not steady, he sounded emotional. His wife looked haunted yesterday, the way I would have expected her to look 5 years ago.
Whether they are having marital problems and that was the reason behind their behaving as separate entities recently, whether this is the understandable stress and strain of 5 years, the couple look and sound weary and lost to me.
It does not please me to see it, it makes me wish even more to learn the truth of what happened to Madeleine.
I hope that any members of this and other forums which are reasonably skeptical about their story refrain from any personal comments, it makes forums look vicious and detracts from any good research when there is bitching about Kate's hair like I read yesterday on another forum. Who cares if she has bleached it or dyed it, whether she has used extensions? It looks as if she has simply grown it a few inches imo and anyway it does not matter.
I don't think it helps at all to refer to their home as Rothley Towers as I have read on twitter. They live in the kind of home I expect a lot of middle class double- income professional families live in.
Nor in my opinion is there any evidence that they live a celebrity lifestyle, also said regularly on twitter.

I see two parents who I doubt we will see on t.v in the future speaking of hope that they will see Madeleine again.
One is the face, the other is the voice of despair.
As angry as I get when reading about this case, the overwhelming feeling I have now is sadness.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.11.12 12:15

russiandoll wrote:I see two parents who I doubt we will see on t.v in the future speaking of hope that they will see Madeleine again.

never mind
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 30.11.12 12:20

I too feel we should not make insulting remarks,this doesnt help the cause at all and makes us reach a level that people do not as a rule like to hear. My first feeling about gerry interview on bbc4 that i heard today ,i too feel his voice was very shaky and not his usual self.so we dont have a clue to why that is ,best we dont guess out loud.,for the sake of how it makes us all look outside of websites.joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.11.12 12:35

I feel a great deal of sympathy for their other children, but not for K&G. If they told the truth now, I think they'd still get away with it. It's their choice.

I watched the speeches yesterday from Cameron, Milliband and Clegg and though all three mentioned the McCanns, there was muted support from the House I thought. There certainly wasn't the universal support that would be shown for Kerry Needham, Sara Payne or the parents of the Soham girls was there. There was a lot of unease I thought.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.11.12 12:42

Gerry McCann is launching a petition with Chris Jeffries this afternoon apparently.

Not sure I can sign it now ALERT!  Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report - Page 3 742129 (probably would otherwise)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Cat 30.11.12 13:11

joyce1938 wrote:I too feel we should not make insulting remarks,this doesnt help the cause at all and makes us reach a level that people do not as a rule like to hear. My first feeling about gerry interview on bbc4 that i heard today ,i too feel his voice was very shaky and not his usual self.so we dont have a clue to why that is ,best we dont guess out loud.,for the sake of how it makes us all look outside of websites.joyce1938

No, my sympathy is for Goncalo Amaral. And Tony.
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 821

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.11.12 13:16

I certainly have no sympathy for the McCanns but I personally refrain from making remarks about their clothes or hair.

At least we now know that Gerry hasn't jumped ship yet. Perhaps he was actually looking for Madeleine and that's why he's been conspicuous by his absence.......
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady-Heather 30.11.12 13:21

admin wrote:
russiandoll wrote:I see two parents who I doubt we will see on t.v in the future speaking of hope that they will see Madeleine again.

ALERT!  Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report - Page 3 619981

It was also my first instinct to feel sorry for them when I saw the pictures. But then normality was restored once I remembered the rubbishing of the cadaver dogs, the relentless libel pursuit of anyone that questions them, the fund, the 49 questions KM refused to answer, the reputations and lives they have attempted to ruin - Pacheco, Amarel, Bennett, Brown. The list goes on.
Lady-Heather
Lady-Heather

Activity : 138

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 30.11.12 14:06

admin wrote:

ALERT!  Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report - Page 3 619981

Oh they'll be back on a sofa sometime soon no doubt. I can visualise GM on Question Time in the future. There's the wider agenda to consider. I've just listened to the Radio 4 interview and resisted the urge to throw my sandwich in the bin. It might have been an halucinatory slice of boiled ham that caused me to imagine GM running the new Press Gagging Council. I'm off to check the sell-by date.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13382

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 30.11.12 14:19

tcat wrote:Gerry McCann is launching a petition with Chris Jeffries this afternoon apparently.

Not sure I can sign it now ALERT!  Kate McCann to give press conference this afternoon in response to Leveson Report - Page 3 742129 (probably would otherwise)

I'm sure there will be many people who won't want to sign it now. The McCanns don't miss a trick do they - always attaching themselves to someone who has really suffered and have been cleared of not having any involvement in the criminal cases they were dragged in to.

I spent hours last night reading through all the messages on the BBC News website following the Leveson report, this one really hit the nail on the head. In fact I was surprised the BBC let it through -

· A lot of the report seems quite sensible, although there are in my opinion some problems with some of it's findings. No mention of Cameron's far too close relationship with senior members of the press stands out. Also equating the treatment of Christopher Jeffries with the McCann's also is odd. The former has definitely been proved to have been innocent, the latter not so in my opinion.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by roy rovers 30.11.12 14:30

I do feel that to a certain extent the press know the score and are setting the Mccanns up. Nothing better than a few choice quotes in the archives for when the wheels finally come off.
roy rovers
roy rovers

Activity : 538

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.11.12 14:40

Newintown wrote:
tcat wrote:Gerry McCann is launching a petition with Chris Jeffries this afternoon apparently.

I'm sure there will be many people who won't want to sign it now. The McCanns don't miss a trick do they - always attaching themselves to someone who has really suffered and have been cleared of not having any involvement in the criminal cases they were dragged in to.

I spent hours last night reading through all the messages on the BBC News website following the Leveson report, this one really hit the nail on the head. In fact I was surprised the BBC let it through -

· A lot of the report seems quite sensible, although there are in my opinion some problems with some of it's findings. No mention of Cameron's far too close relationship with senior members of the press stands out. Also equating the treatment of Christopher Jeffries with the McCann's also is odd. The former has definitely been proved to have been innocent, the latter not so in my opinion.
Good comment!

GM's just been on News 24 stood next to Jeffries. He thinks the public won't let Leveson be ignored. I think he really does believe most of the country is behind K&G, apart from us nutters. Prepare for a rude awakening, Gerry.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 30.11.12 14:48

tcat wrote:
Newintown wrote:

Good comment!

GM's just been on News 24 stood next to Jeffries. He thinks the public won't let Leveson be ignored. I think he really does believe most of the country is behind K&G, apart from us nutters. Prepare for a rude awakening, Gerry.

God, I feel sick. My stomach has just turned over. Absolutely, bl**dy, unbelievable. Good job I wasn't watching the TV at that moment otherwise my plant pot may have gone through the screen. The people who have REALLY suffered from press intrusion and have not courted the press for their own ends, really are being used. Are they really that stupid that they can't see what's going on in front of their eyes.

As for Gerry suddenly coming out from under one of those stones still unturned, it's obvious he's been reading this website and the criticism that he's been "abducted". The "show has to go on" according to the McCanns whether they're a couple or separated, after all they have to put on a good act for the gullible public, with the Fund dwindling and Christmas coming up.

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 30.11.12 14:52

tcat wrote:
Newintown wrote:

Good comment!

Gone are the days that there would be the McCanns only in front of the camera and a long way away 'others' who would not even need to be named.

Whilst I'm on this, here is post nr 1 of this topic -

Kate McCann will be giving a press conference this afternoon in response to the publication of the Leveson Report, the inquiry into media ethics. Mrs McCann will be speaking after David Cameron's statement to the House of Commons.

http://www.itv.com/news/central/update/2012-11-29/kate-mccann-to-give-response-to-leveson-report/

Somehow it didn't work this time. No press conference of KM, just one comment amongst a number of other people.
The 'speaking after David Cameron' implies before Clegg or Milliband and didn't happen either.
I sense this carefully worded publicity stunt as one of CM's best. Except it didn't come off of course - and that's been noticed - and DC mentioned that darn fridge in passing - which a lot of people didn't know about - but now they do - and where is Philomena when you need her?

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 30.11.12 14:59

roy rovers wrote:I do feel that to a certain extent the press know the score and are setting the Mccanns up. Nothing better than a few choice quotes in the archives for when the wheels finally come off.

In the parliamentary discussion yesterday there were two buzzwords du jour endlessly rolled out - 'underpin' and 'the long grass'.

The press may just be playing the 'long game' with information they may have stocked in their store. GM was disappointed in his Radio 4 interview that there was no specific time-frame for implementation of the Leveson recommendations. What's the hurry Gerry? No-one is printing anything horrible about the McCanns. The police are doing a review. You've had compensation and apologies. What's the rush? Parliament need to debate the issue.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13382

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.11.12 15:04

tigger wrote:
tcat wrote:
Newintown wrote:

Good comment!

Gone are the days that there would be the McCanns only in front of the camera and a long way away 'others' who would not even need to be named.

Kate McCann will be giving a press conference this afternoon in response to the publication of the Leveson Report, the inquiry into media ethics. Mrs McCann will be speaking after David Cameron's statement to the House of Commons.

http://www.itv.com/news/central/update/2012-11-29/kate-mccann-to-give-response-to-leveson-report/

Somehow it didn't work this time. No press conference of KM, just one comment amongst a number of other people.
The 'speaking after David Cameron' implies before Clegg or Milliband and didn't happen either.
I sense this carefully worded publicity stunt as one of CM's best. Except it didn't come off of course - and that's been noticed - and DC mentioned that darn fridge in passing - which a lot of people didn't know about - but now they do - and where is Philomena when you need her?
I agree with you. It was very underwhelming yesterday.

Anyone found the petition? I can't.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.11.12 15:14

aquila wrote:
roy rovers wrote:I do feel that to a certain extent the press know the score and are setting the Mccanns up. Nothing better than a few choice quotes in the archives for when the wheels finally come off.

In the parliamentary discussion yesterday there were two buzzwords du jour endlessly rolled out - 'underpin' and 'the long grass'.

The press may just be playing the 'long game' with information they may have stocked in their store. GM was disappointed in his Radio 4 interview that there was no specific time-frame for implementation of the Leveson recommendations. What's the hurry Gerry? No-one is printing anything horrible about the McCanns. The police are doing a review. You've had compensation and apologies. What's the rush? Parliament need to debate the issue.
I wouldn't worry, aquila. Clegg and Milliband have probably come to an agreement with Cameron to water it down already. Simon Hughes was on TV earlier, and already he was taking a different line to Clegg's yesterday.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 30.11.12 15:16

tigger wrote:
tcat wrote:
Newintown wrote:

Good comment!

I still find it sickening in all the news reports of the last day or so that the McCanns are always mentioned ahead of the Dowlers, that really winds me up. The Dowlers have been through hell, none of it of their own making, I can't imagine how they survived through it all. However, on the other hand the McCanns have lapped up the glory, the hero worship, the money, the fame - now been called "celebs", being filmed walking into the Leveson report enquiry, K McCann with a "gosh, aren't I famous" smirk on her face" alongside Bob Dowler. Bob Dowler had to answer many horrible questions during his daughter's murder enquiry, Kate and Gerry McCann still have many unanswered questions hanging over them.

With regard to Cameron mentioning the McCanns hid Madeleine's body in the freezer, I'm very undecided in what his intentions were in stating that, was it to alert the public to things that have not been known about before (I don't think he's actually that astute to do something like that) or was it to pre-empt the trial with Goncalo Amaral and the PJ's knowledge that there were fluids in the boot of the McCann's hire car that had been frozen. Was it to get the public on the side of the McCann's with how distasteful all these accusations are towards them before all these things come out in the trial and to undermine the PJ's findings. My poor brain hurts trying to decide between all these things.

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.11.12 15:23

Are you a Hugh Grant fan, newintown?

Looks like he was with GM and Jeffries as well.

http://news.sky.com/story/1018659/leveson-victims-petition-for-new-press-law

Oh, Hugh.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top